PDA

View Full Version : Only teams that actually matter in the west.

Connor B
03-10-2015, 11:35 PM
No chance:

Dallas - Garbage
Houston - Can't win without Dwight, even if he does return, you need Orlando numbers and defense for them to have a chance
Portland - Unfortunately no longer a contender because of Matthews going down
Clippers - Have given anyone zero reason to believe in them, will be a repeat of the last three years where they are a first or second round exit

Probably no chance:

Memphis - Don't have the offense needed to win a 7 game series. Last team to win the chip without a high powered offense, Detroit, and they were coming out of a weak east

Only teams that actually matter:

GSW, OKC, and SA.

That's it.

They have the history, health, experience, offense and defense to suggest that they will have a real shot at leaving the west.

Marchesk
03-10-2015, 11:38 PM

GSW, OKC, and SA.

That's it.

They have the history, health, experience, offense and defense to suggest that they will have a real shot at leaving the west.

Agreed, but problem is:

1. We don't know what sort of game shape Durant will be in come the playoffs and if the Thunder have enough time to gel in order to win 3 on the road.

2. Spurs won last season. 'Nuff said.

3. The West is a minefield. No guarantees GSW doesn't get upset.

navy
03-10-2015, 11:40 PM
Matthews is the reason Portland is no longer a contender?\

STFU Conner

gts
03-10-2015, 11:40 PM
I'm not feeling OKC this time around... even with Durant back I think it will be too little too late

Eric Cartman
03-10-2015, 11:44 PM

GSW, and SA.

That's it.

Fixed.

wally_world
03-11-2015, 02:14 AM
OKC - too many injuries, KD doesn't come back in time to adapt, Scott Brooks

GSW - jumpshooting team, Steve Kerr no playoff experience, 1st/2nd round team

Spurs - too old

This is exactly why every team in the West matters, because none of them do.

oarabbus
03-11-2015, 02:25 AM
Probably no chance:

Memphis - Don't have the offense needed to win a 7 game series. Last team to win the chip without a high powered offense, Detroit, and they were coming out of a weak east

You know what they say, "Offense wins championships"

I will agree Dallas is garbage though

Smook A.
03-11-2015, 02:27 AM
From your past threads, I've learned no one should ever take you seriously.

Back in August, you made a thread titled: "Houston is screwed for years (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=350649)". Oh yeah they definitely look screwed right now :oldlol:

imnew09
03-11-2015, 02:29 AM

Back in August, you made a thread titled: "Houston is screwed for years (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=350649)". Oh yeah they definitely look screwed right now :oldlol:

he's right tho. Y'all lucked out because Dwight has been injured all yr long.

Btw, whats success to you guys anyways? Playoff then first round exit? :roll: :roll:

SyRyanYang
03-11-2015, 02:37 AM

It's unlikely Dwight will be 100% healthy and return to his Orlando form, and if he doesn't, the chances of Houston winning it all is slim to none.
So he's not completely off.

Cocaine80s
03-11-2015, 02:37 AM
OP is JohnMax's retarded cousin

Prime_Shaq
03-11-2015, 02:44 AM
If everyone is expecting GSW to get upsetted, will it still be an upset?

Hotlantadude81
03-11-2015, 02:46 AM
I pretty much agree.... These other teams are good, but a lot of them are pretenders. Portland is close to being a contender, but they don't have any depth now.

Heavincent
03-11-2015, 02:58 AM
West:
Warriors
Spurs
Grizzlies
Thunder
MAYBE the Clippers as a potential dark horse

I liked Portland earlier in the season, but the Matthews injury is too devastating to overcome.

East:
Hawks
Cavs

Nobody else in the East is even remotely relevant.

el_locoteee
03-11-2015, 03:17 AM
It's unlikely Dwight will be 100% healthy and return to his Orlando form, and if he doesn't, the chances of Houston winning it all is slim to none.
So he's not completely off.

If Dwight was Orlando Dwight along with MVP Harden, Houston will be definitly number one conterder. With an Ok Dwight Houston just a contender, with no Dwight Houston is pretender.

Houston dosen't need Dwight to be Orlando Superman, as long as he can defend the rim and dunk from time to time Houston will be a contender, especially when the west is wide open.

Prime_Shaq
03-11-2015, 03:19 AM
If Dwight was Orlando Dwight along with MVP Harden, Houston will be definitly number one conterder. With an Ok Dwight Houston just a contender, with no Dwight Houston is pretender.

Houston dosen't need Dwight to be Orlando Superman, as long as he can defend the rim and dunk from time to time Houston will be a contender, especially when the west is wide open.
If Dwight can become Orlando Dwight once again :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

warriorfan
03-11-2015, 03:22 AM

Spurs - too old

yeah it's not like Steve Kerr has any championship rings and GSW are top 5 league wide PIP...

:yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy:

where do these cats come from? :yaohappy:

AussieG
03-11-2015, 03:57 AM

Spurs - too old

Agree. It's wide open this season.

It could be luck of who you match up against.. being a deciding factor. But the season doesn't really start until the playoffs start. There could be injuries, or someone like OKC or Spurs could hit top form at the right time.

Lebronxrings
03-11-2015, 05:07 AM
Meanwhile in the east everyone is a competitor and it will be a bloodbath to the top.

uber
03-11-2015, 05:12 AM
If everyone is expecting GSW to get upsetted, will it still be an upset?

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/085/283/philosoraptor.jpg

r15mohd
03-11-2015, 09:00 AM
I wouldn't discredit Memphis...they are the darkhorse (if you want to even say that) to upset GSW. the GSW have very little playoff experience, and Memphis was really unlucky last year in the OKC series with Zach being suspended or it would of been an entirely different Finals.

Pop will rally his troops in time for the playoffs, and it will end up being the Spurs vs Grizz for the WCF. not surprised if the Grizz are in the Finals either.

kells333
03-11-2015, 09:24 AM
Im on the other side of the fence on this one, i could see any of the 7 playoff team(minus dallas) making it to the wcf. No overwhelming favorites