PDA

View Full Version : Opinions about Mavs team

mindanalyzer
03-11-2015, 05:56 PM
Amare is totally right, dressed funny or not; Truth hurts!!!
Dirk is playing and acting as if he does not really care [or doesnt have it anymore]; apparently same for Tyson chandler. In my opinion the only ones showing some grit/ heart/ fight are Amare, Barea (as usual), Aminu, Harris and sometimes Ellis; Parsons cannot make a 3 [even wide open] to save his life; his shot is too flat and forced, Nowitzki has been horrible, to the point of air balling his downtown rainbows and together with this absolute lack of D He becomes a big liability, Rondo is a bust trade [hopefully clearly now] who brings nothing to this team system [well, he does brings a lot of negative $hit], Jefferson and Villanueva have done much better than expected, Ellis is trying hard but injuries and lack of chemistry with ball-hog rondo has hurt his game and effectiveness, Aminu has been a great surprise

Coach has not shown any real leadership, character, flexibility or accountability apart from playing the "sick to my stomach" card every time things go bad. He has to show some guts and bench Nowitzki and Rondo, until they get their $hit together; [I have hopes for Dirk, none for Rondo]. Start Amare, Aminu, Parsons, Ellis and combo Barea/Harris; Reserves: T Chandler (30% of minutes), Nowitzki (30% of minutes unless he gets hot), Villanueva (give him enough minutes but ask him to be more selective with his 3s), Jefferson (give him some minutes depending on contrary), Rondo (no more than 20% of minutes)

This is my recipe to fix this team

[A Mavs fan from Miami]

kurple
03-11-2015, 05:59 PM
i love to say i told you so... but i never bought the Mavs hype. thought they would struggle to make the playoffs

StephHamann
03-11-2015, 06:00 PM
i love to say i told you so... but i never bought the Mavs hype. thought they would struggle to make the playoffs

You also said the Nuggets would make the Playoffs.

navy
03-11-2015, 06:02 PM
I think the problem is that Dirk and Rondo are shells of themselves.
Dirk cant hit open shots so he needs rest. If that doesnt work he should retire as he is useless outside of his elite shooting these days.
Rondo hasnt been good post acl, so he's either finished or needs more time to find his game.

If these two players return to even a fraction of what they were, the team would be much better.

Jud
03-11-2015, 06:03 PM
In other words, the Mavs are garbage as ****. 1st round exit.

kurple
03-11-2015, 06:05 PM
i said they would fight for a top4/5 seed. isnt that a fans job?

the difference is that all of ISH was chugging the Mavs kool aid. while no one thought Denver would make the playoffs

Jud
03-11-2015, 06:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KuQRyse.jpg

Their most recent team pic

kenny817
03-11-2015, 06:13 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

YouGotServed
03-11-2015, 06:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KuQRyse.jpg

Their most recent team pic

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-26056-Antonio-Banderas-reaction-gif-RNWc.gif

DirkNowitzki41
03-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Rondo needs to come off the bench w/ 20-25 MPG and start harris instead; he's a better fit with Ellis and is respectable on both ends.

The whole team is to blame, but it's no surprise that we have barely looked like a playoff team since the Rondo trade.. Rondo is an offense killer.. he can't shoot .. he over-dribbles, and for some reason keeps attempting difficult/fancy passes instead of just throwing the simple pass. He wastes too much possessions.

i said they would fight for a top4/5 seed. isnt that a fans job?

the difference is that all of ISH was chugging the Mavs kool aid. while no one thought Denver would make the playoffs

except the Mavs were a top 4-5 team in the west for months before this recent stretch..

Everyone knew Denver was mediocre at best.. and they can't even meet their incredibly low expectations.

Rolando
03-11-2015, 06:20 PM
Wrong team for Rondo. This guy likes to run set plays and execute. When that breaks down he generally can take over. The Mavs just kind of flow and all that Rondo can do in this situation is try to hit his occasional shots and play tight defense.

Dirk is too old now for this flowing type of crap too. He would benefit from a more structured set up.

Monta Ellis has not been shooting well.

Tyson Chandler can't do his thing in the paint because Rondo can't shoot and the spacing is more jammed.

kurple
03-11-2015, 06:24 PM
except the Mavs were a top 4-5 team in the west for months before this recent stretch..

Everyone knew Denver was mediocre at best.. and they can't even meet their incredibly low expectations.
what does the nuggets even have to do with this? they are trash, they are beyond trash. I aint arguing that

Doesnt change the fact that the Mavs were all hype in the summer

kurple
03-11-2015, 06:25 PM
why is everyone on ISH so fvcking insecure?

SCdac
03-11-2015, 06:28 PM
Echoing the "shell of themselves" comment, it does come down to Dirk in alot of ways...Last playoffs he shot under .10% from three point land (1/12), .43% from the field altogether, and scored 19 ppg (relative to his superb 26 ppg average leading up to 2013-2014). Tiago and the Spurs neutralized him in the playoffs, and Tiago is great at D but not necessarily DPOY great. Also, the kinda qualities you want from your starting PF are probably some combo of scoring, post-up game, rebounding, shot blocking / defense in the paint. If a 36 year old Dirk ain't scoring well, he's not exactly the greatest defensive enforcer especially at his age. In saying that, how far can Monta lead them assuming he's their best offensive player?

Rizko
03-11-2015, 06:56 PM
I think the problem is that Dirk and Rondo are shells of themselves.

Rondo hasnt been good post acl, so he's either finished or needs more time to find his game.

If these two players return to even a fraction of what they were, the team would be much better.
As far as Rondo goes a big issue with him is the fact that hes at his best setting up teammates and orchestrating the offense on his own. The mavs are a spread shooting and ball movement team. Complete antithesis of Rondos game.

A team like:
Rondo
Klay
Green
Milsap
Chandler

Would be a decent team that could fit Rondos style. They could be a top 4 seed in the east possibly.

navy
03-11-2015, 06:58 PM
As far as Rondo goes a big issue with him is the fact that hes at his best setting up teammates and orchestrating the offense on his own. The mavs are a spread shooting and ball movement team. Complete antithesis of Rondos game.

A team like:
Rondo
Klay
Green
Milsap
Chandler

Would be a decent team that could fit Rondos style. They could be a top 4 seed in the east possibly.
Rondo isnt good though

StephHamann
03-11-2015, 07:09 PM
Rondo isnt good though

The first few games Rondo looked great. He played hard defense, and threw easy passes to open three point shooters or lobs to Tyson.

But game after game he started more to put on his silly show with fancy passes, and he looked more and more lazy on defense.

Then came the Carlisle eruption and since that incident you can hear passive-aggressivnes from all guys in the interviews about Rondo.

For example Rick said "Rondo was braught here to play starting point guard" and not "I want him to play starting PG" etc. pp.

This season is over.

Rizko
03-11-2015, 07:16 PM
Rondo isnt good though
StephHamann said most of what I'd say, but IMO half the reason Rondo looks bad is because he doesn't fit.

As a pass-first PG who cant shoot, make close range shots, or make freethrows Rondo's value as a player is more dependent on the quality and fit of his teammates and the style of play the coach implements then most players.

I do agree he took a big step back tho after the ACL.

DMAVS41
03-11-2015, 09:33 PM
Echoing the "shell of themselves" comment, it does come down to Dirk in alot of ways...Last playoffs he shot under .10% from three point land (1/12), .43% from the field altogether, and scored 19 ppg (relative to his superb 26 ppg average leading up to 2013-2014). Tiago and the Spurs neutralized him in the playoffs, and Tiago is great at D but not necessarily DPOY great. Also, the kinda qualities you want from your starting PF are probably some combo of scoring, post-up game, rebounding, shot blocking / defense in the paint. If a 36 year old Dirk ain't scoring well, he's not exactly the greatest defensive enforcer especially at his age. In saying that, how far can Monta lead them assuming he's their best offensive player?

The whole point of this team was so Dirk wasn't the end all be all like he's had to be for roughly the last 12 years.

If any team is heavily relying on a 36 year old to be the make or break factor...they are doomed.

And if this team really needs Dirk to play like he's in his prime to be good...then we can go ahead and just laugh at them...because that isn't happening. Last year in the regular season before he wore down at the end and into the playoffs was the last we will see of "elite level" Dirk.

SCdac
03-11-2015, 10:29 PM
how close (or far) is Dirk from retirement I wonder

DMAVS41
03-11-2015, 10:38 PM
how close (or far) is Dirk from retirement I wonder

he said he'll play out his contract. which is 2 more years after this one.

he's certainly finally seen his game drop a couple levels, but he's also still a really good player overall.

he's a 17/6/2 56% TS player this year that still spaces the floor incredibly well off the ball and can manufacture shots out of the post as well.

lets tap the brakes a bit about him needing to retire. he's still a good player...just isn't what he once was.

SCdac
03-11-2015, 10:44 PM
eh, he's probably mulled it over more than I have just now. It's a legitimate question. I like him and will miss players like him who are loyal to their teams and can play through the ups and downs of a long career. Many players succumb to this or that. But no doubt, like any aged player, it's showing. and it makes winning tougher naturally

DMAVS41
03-11-2015, 10:48 PM
eh, he's probably mulled it over more than I have just now. It's a legitimate question. I like him and will miss players like him who are loyal to their teams and can play through the ups and downs of a long career. Many players succumb to this or that. But no doubt, like any aged player, it's showing. and it makes winning tougher naturally

I'm sure all players at the Duncan/Dirk state mull retirement, but Dirk has gone on record before and after signing his 3 year deal that he will at least play that out.

Things can change, but I see no reason why you are pushing this "retirement" line for a player that is still putting up 17/6/2 56% TS on a top 10 team in the league...he's only missed 4 games this year so far as well.

Just doesn't make sense unless Dirk was talking about retirement...which he hasn't at all to my knowledge