PDA

View Full Version : Curry only scored 9 points tonight...

JT123
03-12-2015, 12:50 AM
on 4/15 shooting, yet his team still won comfortably. How can he be the MVP if his team can still win games in which he is held to single figures in scoring? I don't think Lebron has ever been on a team stacked enough to win when he's held to single digits. Just sayin

poido123
03-12-2015, 12:53 AM
Can someone ban this stupid f.ck?

AnaheimLakers24
03-12-2015, 12:55 AM
This can only mean one thing.
curry > bran

As leaders. No need for bran ball over there

SyRyanYang
03-12-2015, 12:57 AM
They would have lost if played against a good (west) team tonight.
Still had 11 assists doe.

JT123
03-12-2015, 12:57 AM
If you aren't going to contribute to the thread topic gtfo.

Smoke117
03-12-2015, 12:58 AM
Even by your standards this is a pathetic troll job.

KirbyPls
03-12-2015, 01:00 AM

Stay salty Gacy. http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/why-we-cry-the-truth-about-tearing-up

knicksman
03-12-2015, 01:03 AM
well bran won MVPs while scoring 8 pts in the finals:confusedshrug:

Destroyer9
03-12-2015, 01:03 AM
outplayed by reggie jackson :facepalm

JT123
03-12-2015, 01:07 AM
Even by your standards this is a pathetic troll job.
Please explain to me how this is a "troll job" :rolleyes:
Curry is currently playing on a team more stacked than Lebron has ever been on, which is why he's not the league's MVP. His team literally has zero weaknesses! Great coach, great bench, and an elite rim protector. Name the last league MVP to have all those things.
Hint you can't

Milbuck
03-12-2015, 01:07 AM
MVP and it's not even close. Dude can literally will his team to wins from the bench if he had to. I wouldn't be surprised if he went down and GS went on a 10 game winning streak. All the other MVP candidates rely on stats to make their case. Curry just wins, PERIOD.

KirbyPls
03-12-2015, 01:09 AM
MVP and it's not even close. Dude can literally will his team to wins from the bench if he had to. I wouldn't be surprised if he went down and GS went on a 10 game winning streak. All the other MVP candidates rely on stats to make their case. Curry just wins, PERIOD.

Dat sideline killer instinct! :cheers: :applause:

JT123
Bron didn't win MVP that season. Get out of my thread you worthless troll. This discussion is only for adults with high IQs

SyRyanYang
Curry is currently playing on a team more stacked than Lebron has ever been on, which is why he's not the league's MVP. His team literally has zero weaknesses! Great coach, great bench, and an elite rim protector. Name the last league MVP to have all those things.
Hint you can't

That's because he ACTUALLY makes his teammates better.

SouBeachTalents
03-12-2015, 01:10 AM

This comment is so idiotic in so many ways

Droid101
03-12-2015, 01:10 AM
Curry is the MVP easily.

branstans stay crying.

Heavincent
03-12-2015, 01:12 AM
Curry is the MVP. Deal with it.

knicksman
03-12-2015, 01:13 AM
Bron didn't win MVP that season. Get out of my thread you worthless troll. This discussion is only for adults with high IQs

8 pts
2/5

embarrassing for a suppose to be top 10 GOAT

Jud
03-12-2015, 01:14 AM
That just means his team is super stacked.

SouBeachTalents
03-12-2015, 01:14 AM
8 pts
2/5

embarrassing for a supposed to be top 10 GOAT

Not as embarrassing as 12-51 & 1973

knicksman
03-12-2015, 01:15 AM
Curry is the MVP easily.

branstans stay crying.

Bran stans aiming for that MVP coz they knew bran would still be 2/5 after this season:lol

JT123
03-12-2015, 01:17 AM
That's because he ACTUALLY makes his teammates better.
Not so sure about that. Put Lebron on the Warriors in place of Curry and they become overwhelming favorites to win it all. With Curry on the Warriors the experts aren't even sure if they will make the WCF.

knicksman
03-12-2015, 01:17 AM
Imagine bron winning that MVP. Bran stans would now be comparing him to jordan because of the MVPs until you compare their rings. 2/5:oldlol:

Milbuck
03-12-2015, 01:18 AM
That just means his team is super stacked.
Intangibles, leadership, non-statistical impact. I wouldn't expect a Harden stan to understand stuff like that. Curry is the MVP and it's not close, PERIOD, end of discussion, bottom line, no questions asked, game over.

SyRyanYang
03-12-2015, 01:18 AM
Not so sure about that. Put Lebron on the Warriors in place of Curry and they become overwhelming favorites to win it all. With Curry on the Warriors the experts aren't even sure if they will make the WCF.

Lebron wouldn't dare to play in the West. Not in this lifetime:no:

JT123
03-12-2015, 01:19 AM
Hint you can't
Still waiting on a Curry stan to address this. :confusedshrug:

SyRyanYang
03-12-2015, 01:25 AM

lol I already told you he does make his teammates better.
Of course he can't take all the credits for Warriors success. 51 and 12 in a historically stacked conference certainly takes the combined effort of starters, reserves, coaches, etc.

Jud
03-12-2015, 01:26 AM
Intangibles, leadership, non-statistical impact. I wouldn't expect a Harden stan to understand stuff like that. Curry is the MVP and it's not close, PERIOD, end of discussion, bottom line, no questions asked, game over.
Other than his average defense and ball rotation, what are his other non-statistical impacts? If Curry plays bad, the Warriors could still beat a lot of teams. I'm just saying his team is extremely stacked from top to botton. Him winning the MVP will benefit a SHIT TON from having a team of that caliber.

navy
03-12-2015, 01:27 AM
Curry needs to be careful. If his production/play isnt up to par Harden will have the stronger narrative and take the mvp.

Milbuck
03-12-2015, 01:28 AM
Curry needs to be careful. If his production/play isnt up to par Harden will have the stronger narrative and take the mvp.
Yeah Harden really strengthened that narrative tonight, getting outperformed by Corey Brewer.

YouGotServed
03-12-2015, 01:29 AM
Definition of stacked. Dude had a terrible game and his team goes home with a W without breaking a sweat. Harden had a barely below average game and his team loses.

Golden State is stacked, Houston is Harden + reject role players. Why can't people see this? :facepalm

Heavincent
03-12-2015, 01:31 AM
Definition of stacked. Dude had a terrible game and his team goes home with a W without breaking a sweat. Harden had a barely below average game and his team loses.

Golden State is stacked, Houston is Harden + reject role players. Why can't people see this? :facepalm

So you're admitting GS has a much better chance at winning the title? Cool with me. Harden can have his MVP.

navy
03-12-2015, 01:31 AM
Yeah Harden really strengthened that narrative tonight, getting outperformed by Corey Brewer.
Yeah, but he lost the game. Team needs big play from a big beard.

The Rockets need to have a respectable record however. Im thinking the 2 seed

Warfan
03-12-2015, 01:33 AM
So now people are talking shit by saying this team is great? Ok :oldlol:

warriorfan
03-12-2015, 01:38 AM
Alpha Male MVP Curry got these LeBronz stans feelin some type of way

:yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy:

YouGotServed
03-12-2015, 01:38 AM
So you're admitting GS has a much better chance at winning the title? Cool with me. Harden can have his MVP.

You are saying Harden is the front runner for MVP, yes? Glad we had this talk, old sport.

Jud
03-12-2015, 01:41 AM
It's funny because Curry got outplayed tonight too... by Reggie Jackson :confusedshrug:

pauk
03-12-2015, 01:43 AM
OP has a point, i mean ok one game, teammates bail you out, but this has been occurring virtually every time he had a bad game.... still ends up with a win due to teammates who have great defense & offense (for example Klay can historically step up as we saw it, he is not a fluke)....

This context is used against a players MVP candidacy compared to the other MVP candidates....... a game like this (even with the assists) is an automatic loss for Lebron or Harden (as you have seen tonight for Harden).....

In order to win Lebron & Harden (and Westbrook) playing very well has been far more important for their teams than it has been for Curry and his team....

Milbuck
03-12-2015, 01:45 AM
It's funny because Curry got outplayed tonight too... by Reggie Jackson :confusedshrug:
He's a winner. He wins, PERIOD. Dude is the Bill Russell of point guards.

pauk
03-12-2015, 01:48 AM
His team are winners. They make him win nevertheless of how bad he plays, PERIOD (at least in regular season). Dude is the Bill Russell of point guards.

Fixed a bit, but yep!

Jud
03-12-2015, 01:48 AM
0 championships

"Bill Russell of point guards" doe :yaohappy:

Curry's team is stacked. Warriors have NO excuse not to win the championship this year.

JT123
03-12-2015, 01:49 AM
OP has a point, i mean ok one game, teammates bail you out, but this has been occurring virtually every time he had a bad game.... still ends up with a win due to teammates who have great defense & offense (for example Klay can historically step up as we saw it, he is not a fluke)....

This context is used against a players MVP candidacy compared to the other MVP candidates....... a game like this (even with the assists) is an automatic loss for Lebron or Harden (as you have seen tonight for Harden).....

In order to win Lebron & Harden (and Westbrook) playing very well has been far more important for their teams than it has been for Curry and his team....
rat poison

Heavincent
03-12-2015, 01:49 AM
I see pathetic Bran stans have redirected their anger at Curry now.

Best player on the best team, thus he's the MVP. Deal with it.

Milbuck
03-12-2015, 01:50 AM
Curry's team is stacked. Warriors have NO excuse not to win the championship this year.
Agreed. Unfortunately this is true for Harden too. Gonna be fun to compare the results after the playoffs. What're your predictions, big guy?

SouBeachTalents
03-12-2015, 01:53 AM

"Bill Russell" of PG's has been in the second round once in his career

chazzy
03-12-2015, 01:54 AM
http://gfycat.com/UnlinedWhisperedAfricanparadiseflycatcher

Heavincent
03-12-2015, 01:55 AM
For what it's worth, Warriors fans don't really care about the MVP nearly as much as these other individual minded fans. He clearly deserves it, but the Warriors have bigger fish to fry.

Heavincent
03-12-2015, 01:58 AM
http://gfycat.com/UnlinedWhisperedAfricanparadiseflycatcher

Excellent gif demonstrating the ridiculous amount of attention he draws. Notice how Curry got no credit in the box score for any of these plays (hockey assists).

Only ****** box score watchers don't understand this.

Smook A.
03-12-2015, 02:00 AM
For what it's worth, Warriors fans don't really care about the MVP nearly as much as these other individual minded fans. He clearly deserves it, but the Warriors have bigger fish to fry.
Yup. Championship or bust.

Milbuck
03-12-2015, 02:00 AM
Excellent gif demonstrating the ridiculous amount of attention he draws. Notice how Curry got no credit in the box score for most of these plays (hockey assists).

Only ****** box score watchers don't understand this.
Seriously. Been trolling in this thread, but in all seriousness anyone who thinks Curry's impact can be quantified by raw numbers just cannot handle the thought of "midget Reggie Miller" beating out freaks of nature like LeBron, Westbrook, Davis, etc for MVP. And that's pretty hilarious honestly.

ButterFace
03-12-2015, 02:20 AM
on 4/15 shooting, yet his team still won comfortably. How can he be the MVP if his team can still win games in which he is held to single figures in scoring? I don't think Lebron has ever been on a team stacked enough to win when he's held to single digits. Just sayin

LeBron scored 8 points in the Finals against the Mavs once. Just sayin.

bdreason
03-12-2015, 02:20 AM
You mean against the Detroit Pistons? The team that's lost like 10 games in a row?

I'm sure there are plenty of teams that could beat the Detroit Pistons right now without their star player. Including the Rockets, Cavs, and Thunder.

Inferno
03-12-2015, 02:31 AM
breaking: warriors are stacked

dubeta
03-12-2015, 02:32 AM
Nothing to be worried about, OP is just being objective

You think we worry about LeBron winning another MVP? :oldlol:

He can retire and probably end up with more MVP AND rings than Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Curry COMBINED

Inferno
03-12-2015, 02:37 AM
and really who gives a **** about the mvp lol harden can have it for all I care...as long as we win the chip :banana:

oarabbus
03-12-2015, 02:38 AM
and really who gives a **** about the mvp lol harden can have it for all I care...as long as we win the chip :banana:

real

AintNoSunshine
03-12-2015, 03:21 AM
His team is stacked as fk. He might be the best player on his team, but he's head and shoulder better than them. Especially with his performance tailing off considerably, I can hardly see how he's the MVP.

KembaWalker
03-12-2015, 04:17 AM

Rose. now stfu

Inferno
03-12-2015, 04:19 AM

Our team is ****ing good, how else do you want me to address that? That's a good thing :lol

I<3NBA
03-12-2015, 04:30 AM
OP is stupid as ****.

scoring isn't the only means to impact a game.

i can assure you GSW would lose a series if Curry does not play.

all their players literally depend on Curry to create for them.

only Klay can create for himself.

PejaTheSerbSnip
03-12-2015, 12:24 PM
Dat sample size

Wally450
03-12-2015, 01:24 PM
LeBron missed two free throws at the end of the Houston game and lost the game for his team. He must be the biggest choker and the nba can't have a choker win the MVP.

Am I doing this right?

Quickening
03-12-2015, 01:27 PM
LeBron missed two free throws at the end of the Houston game and lost the game for his team. He must be the biggest choker and the nba can't have a choker win the MVP.

Am I doing this right?

So Lebron chokes, Cleveland lose. Curry chokes, GSW win easily. :confusedshrug: :banana:

Eric Cartman
03-12-2015, 01:30 PM
That's why Harden is MVP.