PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry winning MVP would be worse than when D Rose won it

imnew09
03-12-2015, 03:02 AM
Fact.

Since alot of people question about D Rose winning MVP that year, I feel like Steph Curry is in the same exact situation. However, GSW is way MORE STACKED than the Bulls team when D Rose won it.

J Shuttlesworth
03-12-2015, 03:03 AM
Who is your pick?

L.A. Jazz
03-12-2015, 03:06 AM
You should question how the MVP is voted, not the actual winner.

Cocaine80s
03-12-2015, 03:06 AM
Agreed, seems like every MVP contender but Lebron has a stacked roster.

If Bron doesnt win this year it will be a travesty

navy
03-12-2015, 03:07 AM
There was nothing wrong with D rose's mvp

bdreason
03-12-2015, 03:09 AM
It would be close, although I think current Curry is better than prime D. Rose.

I really comes down to the NBA rules heavily favoring guards now. When was the last time the 3 leading MVP candidates were PG/SG's?

And I don't see much changing with the current rule set. We're going to have a lot more Steve Nash, Steph Curry, and D. Rose type MVP's in the future.

poido123
03-12-2015, 03:15 AM
It would be close, although I think current Curry is better than prime D. Rose.

I really comes down to the NBA rules heavily favoring guards now. When was the last time the 3 leading MVP candidates were PG/SG's?

And I don't see much changing with the current rule set. We're going to have a lot more Steve Nash, Steph Curry, and D. Rose type MVP's in the future.

I agree.

Steph is far more dynamic and damaging than Rose was. Better passer, makes better decisions and he obviously shoots the ball better. Not much difference in defense.

Those of you questioning Curry as an MVP have no idea. Perhaps you should look up the criteria and get back to me.

imnew09
03-12-2015, 03:22 AM
Who is your pick?

Kobe. See how the Lakers are doing without him

Rose'sACL
03-12-2015, 03:23 AM
I agree.

Steph is far more dynamic and damaging than Rose was. Better passer, makes better decisions and he obviously shoots the ball better. Not much difference in defense.

Those of you questioning Curry as an MVP have no idea. Perhaps you should look up the criteria and get back to me.
going by the criteria, harden is easily the favorite right now

J Shuttlesworth
03-12-2015, 03:28 AM
Kobe. See how the Lakers are doing without him
How were they doing with him?

poido123
03-12-2015, 03:29 AM
going by the criteria, harden is easily the favorite right now

He is a CANDIDATE, based on the criteria. Is he the best based on that criteria?

As I see it now, Curry has the best team record in the league. That could and should be the deciding factor, however I could see them handing it to Harden IF the Rockets don't fall off too much.

Rose'sACL
03-12-2015, 03:32 AM
He is a CANDIDATE, based on the criteria. Is he the best based on that criteria?

As I see it now, Curry has the best team record in the league. That could and should be the deciding factor, however I could see them handing it to Harden IF the Rockets don't fall off too much.
harden is putting up great stats with lesser help than westbrook while holding on to top 4 seed in west.
curry is a distant second according to me.

poido123
03-12-2015, 03:34 AM
harden is putting up great stats with lesser help than westbrook while holding on to top 4 seed in west.
curry is a distant second according to me.

Distant sec....No.

I thought you were being non-biased until I read that part.

ILLsmak
03-12-2015, 04:09 AM

Yeah. It seemed like major hate once he got injured. People whispered about his MVP. I mean, was Dirk's MVP when he got beaten in the first round bad? They said it was... then he won a ring and everyone shut up.

Unfort, Rose is not gonna get to do that because he was injured. I am not a Rose fan, but I wasn't upset when Rose won it. The Bulls were great that year. I watched him do some shit, too.

-Smak

I<3NBA
03-12-2015, 04:36 AM
How were they doing with him?
:yaohappy:

SyRyanYang
03-12-2015, 05:06 AM
Lebron, Curry, Harden. All three of them have good cases for MVP but people are really overlooking Curry's improvement in defense and being a leader.

Genaro
03-12-2015, 05:06 AM
Don't know why people keep bringing the fact Warriors are stacked.
1st of all. To be the MVP you must have a great record so most teams are stacked if they are winning 55+
Even though Warriors are very good things don't work without Curry. He makes the machine runs. He's the conductor.

And this is for Lebron fans: Lebron won the MVP (deservedly so) playing with 2 AS starters. You shouldn't be talking about too stacked to win MVP.

poido123
03-12-2015, 05:12 AM
1st of all. To be the MVP you must have a great record so most teams are stacked if they are winning 55+
Even though Warriors are very good things don't work without Curry. He makes the machine runs. He's the conductor.

And this is for Lebron fans: Lebron won the MVP (deservedly so) playing with 2 AS starters. You shouldn't be talking about too stacked to win MVP.

Ether :eek:

Curry has Harden and Lebron beaten in the stats too. It's an easy pick for MVP if the current trajectory remains this way.

Lebron23
03-12-2015, 07:43 AM
First time that I agree with the Op. He's going to be expose in the playoffs again.

Millennium X
03-12-2015, 07:49 AM
Rose was the best player in the league and the true MVP when he won it, LeBron sucked.

Curry is probably the 10th best player now.

poido123
03-12-2015, 07:54 AM
First time that I agree with the Op. He's going to be expose in the playoffs again.

Just like Lebron in 2011?

You won't see Curry shrivel d.ick an entire series like that.

Rose'sACL
03-12-2015, 08:09 AM
Ether :eek:

Curry has Harden and Lebron beaten in the stats too. It's an easy pick for MVP if the current trajectory remains this way.
what?

Lebron23
03-12-2015, 08:11 AM
Just like Lebron in 2011?

You won't see Curry shrivel d.ick an entire series like that.

Huh??????

Lebron is a better playoffs performer than Curry. And He averaged under 18 ppg in the last 3-4 games of his recent playoffs series.

Lebron23
03-12-2015, 08:13 AM
what?

Welcome back to Greenville Brother!!!

24-Inch_Chrome
03-12-2015, 08:45 AM
Huh??????

Lebron is a better playoffs performer than Curry. And He averaged under 18 ppg in the last 3-4 games of his recent playoffs series.

The playoffs don't matter as far as the MVP though. Even if Curry does turn out to be a regular season warrior, that doesn't take away from his case for regular season MVP.

Taller than CP3
03-12-2015, 08:48 AM
Agreed. Steph is a guy who couldn't even make the All Star team last year, now he's supposed to be the MVP? It doesn't make any sense.

poido123
03-12-2015, 08:50 AM
what?

Per 36 minute stats. Go look it up yourself.

I've already provided the breakdown. Curry is more efficient and has the better overall total stats up to this point.

Don't be ignorant.

Rose'sACL
03-12-2015, 08:53 AM
Per 36 minute stats. Go look it up yourself.

I've already provided the breakdown. Curry is more efficient and has the better overall total stats up to this point.

Don't be ignorant.
who the **** uses per 36 stats other than idiots?
per 36 or per 48 should also not be used for curry given his stamina problems. if he plays heavy minutes, he always looks tired in the 4th. i could understand this if he was 30+ but he is young.

poido123
03-12-2015, 09:05 AM
who the **** uses per 36 stats other than idiots?
per 36 or per 48 should also not be used for curry given his stamina problems. if he plays heavy minutes, he always looks tired in the 4th. i could understand this if he was 30+ but he is young.

Stamina problems?

Let's say that is true and we can assume a drop off in efficiency.

even with adjustments, curry would still stand even with harden and lebron on efficiency while increasing his total stats.

per 36 is an accurate comparison in this situation. only an idiot would fail to see the importance of this tool.

Rose'sACL
03-12-2015, 09:11 AM
Stamina problems?

Let's say that is true and we can assume a drop off in efficiency.

even with adjustments, curry would still stand even with harden and lebron on efficiency while increasing his total stats.

per 36 is an accurate comparison in this situation. only an idiot would fail to see the importance of this tool.
Anyone who has watched curry for some time knows that his shots stop falling and he looks tired if he plays 40+ mins. Spurs made a huge comeback in 2013 just be a use curry didn't have any strength left to shoot.
Why would anyone use per 36 when we have 2 players playing in the same league.
I can understand per 100 poss. stats but per 36 makes no sense.

poido123
03-12-2015, 09:15 AM
Anyone who has watched curry for some time knows that his shots stop falling and he looks tired if he plays 40+ mins. Spurs made a huge comeback in 2013 just be a use curry didn't have any strength left to shoot.
Why would anyone use per 36 when we have 2 players playing in the same league.
I can understand per 100 poss. stats but per 36 makes no sense.

Why?

You play more time on the court, you have more opportunities to record stats.

That's logic.

Chadwin
03-12-2015, 09:16 AM

Curry just went for 9 points on 4-15 shooting and they still beat Detroit. The Rockets don't beat them with a performance like that from Harden.

funnystuff
03-12-2015, 10:25 AM
Poido doesn't it bother you how much you look like a ***** now that you are stanning Curry just because Rose has muscle memory issues with his **** so you can't gag on it like you're used to. I'm a lurker but you are laughably disgraceful in this thread. Harden and Lebron are more valuable than Curry by a WIDE margin. Ask yourself what does the MVP acronym stand for and stop coming off so uneducated.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-12-2015, 10:28 AM
Poido doesn't it bother you how much you look like a ***** now that you are stanning Curry just because Rose has muscle memory issues with his **** so you can't gag on it like you're used to. I'm a lurker but you are a laughably disgraceful in this thread. Harden and Lebron are more valuable than Curry by a WIDE margin. Ask yourself what does the MVP acronym stand for and stop coming off so uneducated.

Nothing remotely objective suggests Harden is more valuable to his team than Curry is to his. Hell Curry has the advantage in alot of major stat categories, net impact being the most prominent.

tpols
03-12-2015, 10:31 AM
Curry just went for 9 points on 4-15 shooting and they still beat Detroit. The Rockets don't beat them with a performance like that from Harden.
I'm pretty sure harden went 4-15 against the nets a week or two ago.. and Houston won.. they have no names but are surprisingly scrappy

funnystuff
03-12-2015, 10:32 AM
Nothing remotely objective suggests Harden is more valuable to his team than Curry is to his. Hell Curry has the advantage in alot of major stat categories, net impact being the most prominent.
Nothing? Not even remotely? Not even the 4-15 shooting, single digit scoring game last night that his team still won? Harden nor Lebron would get a W with that performance.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-12-2015, 10:36 AM
Nothing? Not even remotely? Not even the 4-15 shooting, single digit scoring game last night that his team still won? Harden nor Lebron would get a W with that performance.

The Rockets beat the Clippers with Harden going 4-13 and the Cavs a month or so ago where he went 6-18.

Plucking out a couple of games won't change the fact there isn't anything objective with saying Harden is more important to his teams success.

tpols
03-12-2015, 10:40 AM

The cavs beat a top ranked trailblazers team with lebron completely out.. Kyrie going for 55 and gw

Absolutely ridiculous to act like cavs couldn't win against fkin Detroit lmao.

funnystuff
03-12-2015, 10:46 AM
The cavs beat a top ranked trailblazers team with lebron completely out.. Kyrie going for 55 and gw

Absolutely ridiculous to act like cavs couldn't win against fkin Detroit lmao.
I watched that game, Kyrie was playing out of his mind and they barely won(having to win on a gw is nothing to brag about, especially if your pg scores 50+). If anything you bringing that game up proves Lebrons value even more.

Reality is, they are 1-10 without Lebron if Kyrie didnt play like an absolute monster that night.

raprap
03-12-2015, 10:59 AM
Harden should win it. But I got no problem if they give it to Curry. Drose in 2011 wasn't a travesty because no player deserved it more than him other from Dwight.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-12-2015, 11:03 AM
Curry is the best player on the best team (statistically), while leading the league in net impact. Wrap it up, folks. Curry is your MVP.

DMAVS41
03-12-2015, 11:09 AM
Curry is the best player on the best team (statistically), while leading the league in net impact. Wrap it up, folks. Curry is your MVP.

Yea...I don't get this at all.

Curry is having a historic season at the guard position from any standpoint you look at it.

His offense is off the charts good. His defense has improved to above average at his position.

His advanced metrics are probably the best in the league.

And his team is destroying teams at a godly clip with him on the court.

And his team is set to have the best record in the league while playing in one of the toughest and deepest conferences in NBA history.

And people are complaining....what?

Curry probably isn't the best player. AD and Lebron...I'd take them both over Curry. Maybe WB and Harden as well. Maybe even Paul if he is healthy...but MVP is not best player. When will people learn this?

Also, Rose deserved his MVP and there was nothing wrong with it. He absolutely deserved it. He just wasn't the best player. That is all intelligent fans ever said. It was clear guys like Wade, Lebron, Dirk, Howard and a few more were better players in 11.

This year? While there might be some better players...Curry has a better argument for best player than Roses did in 11.

sdot_thadon
03-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Honestly I couldn't be bothered if he or harden won. They both have cases for different reasons.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-12-2015, 11:17 AM
Yea...I don't get this at all.

Curry is having a historic season at the guard position from any standpoint you look at it.

His offense is off the charts good. His defense has improved to above average at his position.

His advanced metrics are probably the best in the league.

And his team is destroying teams at a godly clip with him on the court.

And his team is set to have the best record in the league while playing in one of the toughest and deepest conferences in NBA history.

And people are complaining....what?

Curry probably isn't the best player. AD and Lebron...I'd take them both over Curry.

Maybe WB and Harden as well. Maybe even Paul if he is healthy...but MVP is not best player. When will people learn this?

Also, Rose deserved his MVP and there was nothing wrong with it. He absolutely deserved it. He just wasn't the best player. That is all intelligent fans ever said. It was clear guys like Wade, Lebron, Dirk, Howard and a few more were better players in 11.

This year? While there might be some better players...Curry has a better argument for best player than Roses did in 11.

Exactly. Nobody save for the usual agenda ridden posters are claiming MVP equals best player. For the standard MVP criteria, Curry has the best and most legit case. Period.

That said, as best players go, I would only take LeBron/Durant/AD over Curry.

Chadwin
03-12-2015, 11:45 AM

Actually, Harden leads the league in vorp, win shares, and offensive win shares.

24-Inch_Chrome
03-12-2015, 12:07 PM
Actually, Harden leads the league in vorp, win shares, and offensive win shares.

Curry is leading in WS/48 though. The differences between them in the stats you listed is small, either would be a deserving MVP winner.

Chadwin
03-12-2015, 12:13 PM
Curry is leading in WS/48 though. The differences between them in the stats you listed is small, either would be a deserving MVP winner.

I don't disagree they're both deserving, but that Warriors team is still a playoff team without Curry. Houston is a lottery team without Harden.

Genaro
03-12-2015, 01:41 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201501300BOS.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201502270HOU.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201412060HOU.html

G0ATbe
03-12-2015, 01:47 PM
Curry's team is stacked, but LeBalds is far more stacked. Despite that Cavs have double GSW's losses whilst being in a shithole conference:facepalm .

Westbrook is MVP.

ButterFace
03-12-2015, 01:47 PM
Curry is deserving, just as Rose was.

Smoke117
03-12-2015, 01:49 PM

Yeah nothing...except it wasn't handed to Dwight Howard.