PDA

View Full Version : How does Kirk Hinrich do it?

BIZARRO
03-12-2015, 05:21 AM
How does he manage to have a -18 +/- for the game tonight, when the second worst on the team is -5, and most players are in the positive IN A WIN against THE SIXERS?

How can he possibly be this bad?

Maybe it's that he shoot 36.8% on average and dropping quickly....Maybe it's because he can't guard anyone anymore....Maybe it's his stellar 6.9 PER.....Maybe it's his 0.8 Win Shares or his .027 WS/48....Maybe it's his negative VORP....Maybe it's because he had a stretch of 6 games recently NOT SHOOTING OVER EVEN JUST 25% IN ANY OF THEM....

Maybe it's because he has THE SINGLE MOST PUTRID GAME LOG EVER KNOWN TO HUMANITY this year. :facepalm

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hinriki01/gamelog/2015/
And yet, and yet, and yet.......Thibs plays him 25.8 minutes a game.

When everyone other than Thibs who knows anything knows Hinrich can't play dead anymore, is the if not worst, one of the worst players in the league, who runs around like a maniac, disrupts his team's flow, and has become a rec leauge player.

It is no coincidence the Bulls went on their two biggest runs as a team the 2 times Hinrich had an extended absence. Without him, they've looked great. With him, they look like a team that should be winning easier. But aren't because they have a rec league player playing 26 minutes a game.

I was on Thib's bandwagon for years. Because of this and a couple other things (but especially this), not going to miss Thibs to be honest. I have come to the conclusion after some years. That he is a great Point A to Point b coach like another manic coach in Doug Collins. But not a Point B to Point C guy. Because he doesn't have any vision like a Phil or Pop. Not many do. But Thibs like has almost none.

Case in point his continued killing the team man crush on Can't Play Dead Hinrich.

Does he have pictures of Thibs? Or is Thibs just suffering from "The Kirk Hinrich Syndrome" where coaches play him because he has "that blue collar coaches son work ethic looks like he's trying hard thing"?

It's amazing to me that paid professionals like Thibs, (and on a side note the Bears front office and official moron Ryan Pace with keeping Cutler and losing Brandon Marshall for a 5th round pick) can be this stupid.

It is unfortunate.

poido123
03-12-2015, 05:25 AM
Hinrich has value...I mean...his jumpsh..um, defens...no, not that uhhhhh what does he provide on the court exactly?

Intangibles, yeah that's it. Intangibles. :rolleyes:

I can handle 10-15 minutes, but 25? That's some crack smoking shit.

I<3NBA
03-12-2015, 05:38 AM
cognitive bias

JohnFreeman
03-12-2015, 05:40 AM
Fire Thibs doe :roll:

I<3NBA
03-12-2015, 05:46 AM
I would. and then I'd pry Alvin Gentry away from the Warriors.

coin24
03-12-2015, 06:01 AM
Hinrich has value...I mean...his jumpsh..um, defens...no, not that uhhhhh what does he provide on the court exactly?

Intangibles, yeah that's it. Intangibles. :rolleyes:

I can handle 10-15 minutes, but 25? That's some crack smoking shit.

That would involve thibs playing some more bench guys or God forbid giving McDermott some minutes to actually develop:facepalm :facepalm

poido123
03-12-2015, 06:17 AM

A to B coach.

B to C? You'd have to take Hinrich off the team while preventing him from overusing players in the reg season.

Not saying he isn't a chance at taking this Bulls team deep into the playoffs, but he certainly handicaps the offense significantly with his crutch for defensive minded players. He also limits our chances with his lack of forward vision. He cannot see beyond the next game and he doesn't understand minutes management.

poido123
03-12-2015, 06:18 AM
That would involve thibs playing some more bench guys or God forbid giving McDermott some minutes to actually develop:facepalm :facepalm

Lacks creativity. Everything is about game tapes and eating nails with Thibs.

beastee
03-12-2015, 11:12 AM
OP, nice break down. I get so mad everytime he is on the court. He literally is the worst player on the court every single time he checks in...plus he is normally guarding 6'5" and taller players and letting them get their shots off at will. E'twan Moore has proven to be valuable. He should be getting 26 and Hinrich should be getting 10 mins a game.

BIZARRO
03-13-2015, 01:06 AM
OP, nice break down. I get so mad everytime he is on the court. He literally is the worst player on the court every single time he checks in...plus he is normally guarding 6'5" and taller players and letting them get their shots off at will. E'twan Moore has proven to be valuable. He should be getting 26 and Hinrich should be getting 10 mins a game.

Absolutely. And furthermore almost any quick, halfway decent guard in the league would be an least marginal to very big improvement. Which begs the question- How come almost EVERYONE can see it, except for Thibs??

NZStreetBaller
03-13-2015, 06:24 AM
Kirk lead a bunch of scrubs to take down the miami 27 game streak. Why do people forget this.

ralph_i_el
03-13-2015, 09:56 AM
Don't you see all the hustle and grit he brings to the floor! Scrappy! Gym rat! Intangibles! High character guy! Great Bball IQ! Coach on the floor!

:roll: