PDA

View Full Version : john starks vs harden

swagga
03-12-2015, 02:30 PM
I'm telling you people right now, as
1. a long time knick fan that watched all the ewing series LIVE
2. someone who hates the living shit out of harden's game.

that anybody thinking starks' impact is comparable to harden should be put out of their misery. harden is in a different tier as a creator, first option and team carry. starks was an energy sparkplug and a decent defender but people got in his head bigtime. he was in no way a star and that's why ewing is ringless right now.
and let me repeat, I HATE harden's game.

Fire Colangelo
03-12-2015, 02:31 PM
Harden with one hand tied behind his back >>>>>>>>

IncarceratedBob
03-12-2015, 02:32 PM
harden took a team to the finals and performed at a lebron james-level there, thats more than starks ever did

Fire Colangelo
03-12-2015, 02:43 PM
harden took a team to the finals and performed at a lebron james-level there, thats more than starks ever did

:oldlol: :oldlol:

smoovegittar
03-12-2015, 05:19 PM
John Starks had heart. And that's about it. Love my team; hated the dude.
Put Harden on that Knick team - they're getting at least 2 ships.

imdaman99
03-12-2015, 05:31 PM
John Starks had heart. And that's about it. Love my team; hated the dude.
Put Harden on that Knick team - they're getting at least 2 ships.
No way man. Starks was the heart and soul of those teams. Harden is infinitely better but trading places, is he the one guarding Jordan and Miller all them years? :roll: Let me tell you, they still aren't getting past the Bulls as long as they have Jordan.

How can you hate Starks? I understand his 2-18 but he bled Blue and Orange for the Knicks.

305Baller
03-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Why are we comparing Starks to Harden?

:oldlol:

smoovegittar
03-12-2015, 05:40 PM
No way man. Starks was the heart and soul of those teams. Harden is infinitely better but trading places, is he the one guarding Jordan and Miller all them years? :roll: Let me tell you, they still aren't getting past the Bulls as long as they have Jordan.

How can you hate Starks? I understand his 2-18 but he bled Blue and Orange for the Knicks.

For the record - I applaud John's hard work and making it to the NBA (that was ALL Riley). But the organization banking on his jumper as the perimeter threat on this team? Plus, that stupid contract they gave him. He was too emotional, a notorious flopper and took worse shots than J.R. Smith. Over-rated defender - he'd NEVER get a call nowadays). I can still hear Albert "Starks for 3.......... rebounded by (insert any name________).

They still show that stupid "dunk" on MSG constantly. I always felt NYC would have been better served getting a longer 2 guard who had a better handle. Alan Houston arrived way too late. I flung many a beer at the wall watching Starks trying to be like Mike.

RoundMoundOfReb
03-12-2015, 05:44 PM
:roll:

Go read the most overly nostalgic posts thread.

swagga
03-12-2015, 08:36 PM
For the record - I applaud John's hard work and making it to the NBA (that was ALL Riley). But the organization banking on his jumper as the perimeter threat on this team? Plus, that stupid contract they gave him. He was too emotional, a notorious flopper and took worse shots than J.R. Smith. Over-rated defender - he'd NEVER get a call nowadays). I can still hear Albert "Starks for 3.......... rebounded by (insert any name________).

They still show that stupid "dunk" on MSG constantly. I always felt NYC would have been better served getting a longer 2 guard who had a better handle. Alan Houston arrived way too late. I flung many a beer at the wall watching Starks trying to be like Mike.

brings back college memories tbh.

swagga
03-12-2015, 08:42 PM

some posters here seem to be lobotomized. I mean some people seriously post that :
starks ~ harden
cousy > wade
wilt >>> shaq
bird defense > lebron defense
mikan ~ anthony davis

and i'm not talking about euroleague/lazaruss/3ball/dubeta level posters, i'm talking about people really pretending to understand the game, speaking here like they're phil jackson. this shit is mental.

Kblaze8855
03-12-2015, 08:44 PM
Starks was literally Hakeems pinky from being finals MVP in 1994. Ewing went like 5-20 that game 6. He plays even somewhat average on offense he likely has a ring. Cant blame Starks at all. He had an awful game 7....but Ewing shot 35% for the series and kinda lost a couple games with late turnovers.

Starks gave his all and they came up short...but he didnt lose that series.

He damn near won it.

Roundball_Rock
03-17-2015, 08:29 PM
Starks was literally Hakeems pinky from being finals MVP in 1994. Ewing went like 5-20 that game 6. He plays even somewhat average on offense he likely has a ring. Cant blame Starks at all. He had an awful game 7....but Ewing shot 35% for the series and kinda lost a couple games with late turnovers.

Starks gave his all and they came up short...but he didnt lose that series.

He damn near won it.

:applause:

SaltyMeatballs
03-17-2015, 08:34 PM
How are you gonna compare Harden and Starks? :oldlol:

Hey Yo
03-17-2015, 08:50 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1667853/john-starks-the-dunk-o.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1434644/john-starks-dunks-on-jordan-o.gif

http://media1.giphy.com/media/10HFLip8ZJd6Yo/200.gif