PDA

View Full Version : Sam Presti denies intention to trade Durant

Fire Colangelo
03-12-2015, 03:11 PM
In recent days, after former front office executive and current ESPN analyst Tom Pennopined that the Thunder could consider trading Kevin Durant if he didn’t commit beyond next season, a national narrative about the subject has boiled up.
Before Wednesday’s game against the Clippers. OKC general manager Sam Presti made sure to shoot it down.
“It’s ludicrous to assert that we would trade Kevin,” Presti told The Oklahoman. “There’s no way to measure what he represents to our organization on and off the floor. He has helped build this organization from the ground up and personifies the Thunder: past, present and future. When he’s done playing there will be streets named after him throughout the state and younger generations of Oklahomans will learn about the role Kevin has played in elevating this community in ways beyond basketball.”

http://newsok.com/thunder-notebook-sam-presti-calls-the-idea-of-trading-kevin-durant-ludicrous-to-assert/article/5400496
As expected.

Fudge
03-12-2015, 03:12 PM
Espn.

dubeta
03-12-2015, 03:14 PM
He probably said something similar about James Harden before he traded him..

Face it, stars who can't win championships are EXTREMELY tradeable in today's league, and Durant is no exception

IncarceratedBob
03-12-2015, 03:15 PM
What else is he gonna say

keep-itreal
03-12-2015, 03:18 PM
Durant to Wizards confirmed

navy
03-12-2015, 03:19 PM
No shit. Durant is the kind of talent you let walk.

JerrySeinfeld
03-12-2015, 03:24 PM
Cleveland should have shipped LeBron's ass out, but I agree with Sam Presti here.

imdaman99
03-12-2015, 03:28 PM
If KD is leaving I think he should pick the Melo way to go out instead of the lowclass way Lebron bounced. Sure no one likes Melo, especially since he wanted out for selfish reasons but at least he gave the Nuggets a chance to get something for him...and now 3 years later both teams suck :roll: But at least the Nuggets had a chance.
Even though in hindsight I wish the Knicks NEVER made the trade :coleman:
If these rumors are 100% bogus, I hope they don't affect Durant when he gets back.

JerrySeinfeld
03-12-2015, 03:30 PM
If KD is leaving I think he should pick the Melo way to go out instead of the lowclass way Lebron bounced. Sure no one likes Melo, especially since he wanted out for selfish reasons but at least he gave the Nuggets a chance to get something for him...and now 3 years later both teams suck :roll: But at least the Nuggets had a chance. Although in hindsight I wish the Knicks NEVER made the trade :coleman:

If these rumors are 100% bogus, I hope they don't affect Durant.

If OKC is a contender next year (basically, if they fire Brooks or not), there is basically no way Durant pulls a Melo.

swagga
03-12-2015, 03:32 PM
If KD is leaving I think he should pick the Melo way to go out instead of the lowclass way Lebron bounced. Sure no one likes Melo, especially since he wanted out for selfish reasons but at least he gave the Nuggets a chance to get something for him...and now 3 years later both teams suck :roll: But at least the Nuggets had a chance.
Even though in hindsight I wish the Knicks NEVER made the trade :coleman:
If these rumors are 100% bogus, I hope they don't affect Durant when he gets back.

son if kd signs with NY i'll celebrate naked on the street.

Phil jackson doing his thang :applause:

Harison
03-12-2015, 03:36 PM
You cant expect Presti to tell otherwise, even if he thinks of trading KD. Personally I think Durant is safe unless he plans to walk, in that case any GM would trade.

niko
03-12-2015, 03:47 PM
That started in NY and not as a statement of fact, more of a theoretical discussion. If Durant said he's leaving, would they take the #1 overall for him? But no one said OKC is trading him, like i said, it was totally theoretical.

Keno
03-12-2015, 03:47 PM
What else is he gonna say

this. he's just saying that so durant doesn't walk away for free.

AnaheimLakers24
03-12-2015, 03:59 PM
Lol at their selling point being streets named after you

JerrySeinfeld
03-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Lol at their selling point being streets named after you

Right... read that and all I could think was do it mitch.