PDA

View Full Version : Gobert or Whiteside

navy
03-13-2015, 07:06 AM
Who would you rather have?

Who is the better player so far?

Different questions as the former takes into account ages and personalities.

masonanddixon
03-13-2015, 07:08 AM
Gobert for both. More athletic and smarter.

Both are supplemental players though.

R.I.P.
03-13-2015, 07:34 AM
Who would you rather have?

Who is the better player so far?

Different questions as the former takes into account ages and personalities.

LOL. That

navy
03-13-2015, 07:35 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]LOL. That

Xiao Yao You
03-13-2015, 07:56 AM
Gobert for both. More athletic and smarter.

Both are supplemental players though.

Jazz went from one of the worst teams to one of the best and he is mostly the reason.

masonanddixon
03-13-2015, 08:14 AM
Jazz went from one of the worst teams to one of the best and he is mostly the reason.

Of course. But Gordon is the man on Utah.

Xiao Yao You
03-13-2015, 08:32 AM
No he's not. He hasn't even been playing that well on their current run. The team is all about Rudy. He goes down they'll be in trouble. They don't even have a legimate NBA pg. They lack shooters in a system that is built around it. They are winning with D and their D sucked before Rudy took over.

ClipperRevival
03-13-2015, 10:28 AM
Kind of tough to say because we haven't seen either player do it for years. They are both so young. But if I had to choose, I would say Gobert.

Whiteside seems to have more natural touch. But he also seems to have mental issues and can't control himself at times.

Gobert's height and length is off the charts and he can impact the game so immensely with his presence alone. If he can just develop an offensive game, he would be devastating.

LAZERUSS
03-14-2015, 01:04 AM
Apparently neither of them have much stamina. Their coach's evidently have to limit them to about 24 mpg.

Smoke117
03-14-2015, 01:06 AM
Apparently neither of them have much stamina. Their coach's evidently have to limit them to about 24 mpg.

Rudy Gobert is averaging 36mpg in 6 games in march...you'd think an retired old man with nothing better to do with his time would know these things.

LAZERUSS
03-14-2015, 01:09 AM
Rudy Gobert is averaging 36mpg in 6 games in march...you'd think an retired old man with nothing better to do with his time would know these things.

Well, he was well rested.

Now he is up to an average of 23.9 mpg in his 64 games. Pretty sure he will be worn out by those "iron-man" minutes before long though.

SwishSquared
03-14-2015, 01:11 AM

Now he is up to an average of 23.9 mpg in his 64 games. Pretty sure he will be worn out by those "iron-man" minutes before long though.He was playing behind both Favors & Kanter pre-trade. Now that Kanter is in OKC and he's been inserted into the starting lineup and more minutes are available, he's been playing typical starting C mins.

Smoke117
03-14-2015, 01:12 AM

Now he is up to an average of 23.9 mpg in his 64 games. Pretty sure he will be worn out by those "iron-man" minutes before long though.

Because Kanter being traded away had nothing to do with it...

That was 27mpg freed up. You are just wrong here. Accept the L and move on.

Prime_Shaq
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/307/files/2014/12/mario-chalmers-rudy-gobert-nba-miami-heat-utah-jazz1.jpg

Xiao Yao You
Rudy appears to have about the best stamina on the whole team. He played through a rolled ankle last game as well. Even when he's tired and dragging he plays hard.

RoundMoundOfReb
03-14-2015, 01:13 AM
Gobert. Less of a head case.

Smoke117
03-14-2015, 01:15 AM
And I would rather have Gobert. He's three years younger and just as good if not better than Whiteside right now. (and isn't prone to little bitch temper tantrums. That's what they are...this a basketball court...not an alley Hassan. Grow up)

Genaro
03-14-2015, 01:18 AM
Considering Gobert age and the fact he doesn't seem to have mental issues I would go with him. I really watch Whiteside a lot so if you ask me 2 weeks ago I would say WS for sure, his last week really brought him down to me.

As I don't watch a lot of Gobert I won't say who is the better player now but Whiteside game impressed me very much. He has FT and foul prone issues although I think that a lot of it is just lack of focus and experience.