PDA

View Full Version : Was Wade really "The Flash" in his prime?

imnew09
03-13-2015, 12:31 PM
How fast was this guy ? Never really been a fan of him because watching Prime Kobe is more than enough to drain out all my jizz. Too GOAT Too Be

JerrySeinfeld
03-13-2015, 12:34 PM
he was basically a more under control westbrook in terms of athleticism

ClipperRevival
03-13-2015, 12:38 PM
Smoothest player I have ever seen. Every move he made was under control and with clear intent. No herky jerky stuff. He was so smooth. Such skill.

ButterFace
03-13-2015, 12:40 PM
Smoothest player I have ever seen. Every move he made was under control and with clear intent. No herky jerky stuff. He was so smooth. Such skill.

This.

Sakkreth
03-13-2015, 12:55 PM
It's a great honor for Wade to be compared to Flash but cmon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Young-ho

imdaman99
03-13-2015, 01:03 PM
It's just a stupid nickname the Big Aristotle had to give to try to sidekick everyone he played with. They were all Justice League names. He called Kobe Batman, Wade Flash, and Lebron Wonder Woman. lol

And for what it's worth, Wade was super fast but he was no Flash. The only nickname that really fit was Lebron as Wonder Woman. lol

Akhenaten
03-13-2015, 02:09 PM
And for what it's worth, Wade was super fast but he was no Flash.

Sure bout that B?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/Haskel45/unreal.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/Haskel45/wadeshitonLakes.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qxXLV3WIlQ

Makes Drew Holiday look like he's going in reverse despite Drew having a head start and the angle, plus Wade had the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXBM619G8SY

look at the acceleration :bowdown: poor scola

3peated
03-13-2015, 02:13 PM
Sure bout that B?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/Haskel45/unreal.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/Haskel45/wadeshitonLakes.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qxXLV3WIlQ

Makes Drew Holiday look like he's going in reverse despite Drew having a head start and the angle, plus Wade had the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXBM619G8SY

look at the acceleration :bowdown: poor scola

u mean jrue? u *** ass b1tch

Smoke117
03-13-2015, 06:36 PM
It's just a stupid nickname the Big Aristotle had to give to try to sidekick everyone he played with. They were all Justice League names. He called Kobe Batman, Wade Flash, and Lebron Wonder Woman. lol

And for what it's worth, Wade was super fast but he was no Flash. The only nickname that really fit was Lebron as Wonder Woman. lol

Agreed. I think Wade's athleticism is overstated frankly. It was the mix of athleticism (and length), ball handling ability, and skill that made everything he did look so smooth. You can be as athletic as Jordan was...doesn't mean you are going to split the double team like Wade used to be able to.

24-Inch_Chrome
03-13-2015, 06:49 PM

:lol

Dude went pro at 14, Wade is a slacker.

SwayDizzle
03-13-2015, 07:14 PM
Wade was smooth as f*ck. Hard to hate on a player like Wade. I wish he had won that FMVP vs the Mavs. He deserved another one.

Micku
03-13-2015, 09:19 PM
How fast was this guy ? Never really been a fan of him because watching Prime Kobe is more than enough to drain out all my jizz. Too GOAT Too Be

It wasn't really about how fast he was. Shaq gave him that nickname because of a song. It's a reference reference to the Queen song from the 1980 film Flash Gordon. It wasn't based upon the superhero if I can recall.

Anyway, Wade was quick. One of the best smoothest players at splitting the double team. Wade in his prime was one of the most entertaining players to watch.

JohnFreeman
03-13-2015, 09:21 PM
yep

Prime_Shaq
03-13-2015, 09:24 PM
He lead his team to a title and Finals MVP before Kobe did

K Xerxes
03-13-2015, 09:25 PM
Yeah I concur with the above. 'Smooth' is probably the best description of him.

he was basically a more under control westbrook in terms of athleticism

He wasn't as explosive or fast as WB is. Hell who is. But, yeah, more under control, more agile, more graceful, better finisher, more skill... you name it.

That 09 season of his is unfortunately overshadowed by Kobe and LeBron for various seasons... but it was great even in an all time context.

AnaheimLakers24
03-13-2015, 09:28 PM
Boring player but I always liked how smooth and easy it was for him to get to the rim unlike haren

Smoke117
03-13-2015, 09:31 PM
Boring player but I always liked how smooth and easy it was for him to get to the rim unlike haren

They can't all settle for 20 foot jumpers with a hand in the face like some players did.

ClipperRevival
03-13-2015, 09:55 PM
I personally think it's an insult to Wade to compare him to Westbrook. As good a stretch as he's having, Westbrook is getting by with mostly athleticism. Of course he has skills but they aren't even close the the all around game Wade had. In his prime, he not only had the athleticism but the game. The ability to beat you with skill to go along with his raw talents.

The various euro steps, the ability to split doubles with ease, the hesitations, etc. The guy was an amazingly skilled player. One of the best 2 guards in history. Probably just behind MJ and Kobe.

As others have stated, the first word that always comes to mind when I watch him is "smooth".

tomtucker
03-14-2015, 05:03 AM

Young-ho.......?.........:oldlol: :lol ,............. "hey dad, i really want to marry young ho"........".the fukk you talking about son ? you need to marry a nice girl !" .........."you can fukk a young ho, not marry one !"

Jacks3
03-14-2015, 08:41 AM
They can't all settle for 20 foot jumpers with a hand in the face like some players did.

yeah, not everybody can be fantastic mid-range shooters like bryant was.

Dragonyeuw
03-14-2015, 08:52 AM
For all the comparisons between Kobe and MJ, prime Wade's game IMO more resembled that of young MJ in terms of the slashing and acrobatic finishes. Kobe's game to me always reminded me more of 2nd three-peat MJ but with more consistent range beyond 20 ft.

ImKobe
03-14-2015, 08:55 AM
He lead his team to a title and Finals MVP before Kobe did

01 Kobe better than 06 Wade..

Are we going to act like Kobe didn't outscore that same Mavs team 62 - 61 through 3 quarters the same season? :oldlol: Kobe on the Heat team has at least the same amount of success.

Jacks3
03-14-2015, 09:46 AM
For all the comparisons between Kobe and MJ, prime Wade's game IMO more resembled that of young MJ in terms of the slashing and acrobatic finishes. Kobe's game to me always reminded me more of 2nd three-peat MJ but with more consistent range beyond 20 ft.

you're absolutely correct. prime kobe and prime jordan were nothing alike in terms of playing style. wade was much closer to matching the drive-first mentality of jordan.

Papaya Petee
03-14-2015, 10:32 AM
01 Kobe better than 06 Wade..

Are we going to act like Kobe didn't outscore that same Mavs team 62 - 61 through 3 quarters the same season? :oldlol: Kobe on the Heat team has at least the same amount of success.
:roll: :roll: :roll: you're beyond delusional if you think that.

jzek
03-14-2015, 10:39 AM

Do they have advanced statistics too?

Phantom84
03-14-2015, 10:40 AM
The title of flash goes to D Rose. He is the quickest dude I see on the floor. Too bad his strength is also his curse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffQeTIM1ceg

imdaman99
03-14-2015, 10:43 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: you're beyond delusional if you think that.
Let's be real, that Mavs team was flawed. They did not have Kidd yet, so they had no answer for the elite SG like Kobe or Wade. Kobe did have 62 through 3 quarters and Wade annihilated them in the Finals. Why is it so hard to believe that Kobe would not do the same to them? Was Kobe not able to take over a game. It's not a knock on Wade either, because like I said he annihilated, dominated, embarrassed the Mavs in the Finals.

Papaya Petee
03-14-2015, 11:07 AM
Let's be real, that Mavs team was flawed. They did not have Kidd yet, so they had no answer for the elite SG like Kobe or Wade. Kobe did have 62 through 3 quarters and Wade annihilated them in the Finals. Why is it so hard to believe that Kobe would not do the same to them? Was Kobe not able to take over a game. It's not a knock on Wade either, because like I said he annihilated, dominated, embarrassed the Mavs in the Finals.

Maybe you should watch the series, especially game 3,5,6 and let me know if you think Kobe Bryant was doing what Wade did to the Mavericks that year.
ESPECIALLY down the stretch, what Wade did, in his 3rd year in the league, was absolutely unbelievable, that's why many people think this is one of the, if not the best finals performance ever.

27\7\6\2\1 regular season
28\6\6\2\1 playoffs
35\8\4\1\1 finals
Finals MVP
06 Wade > 01 Kobe

DMV2
03-14-2015, 11:12 AM
he was the fastest player at the time.
he was the fastest to win a ring out of the 2003 draft.
he was faster than Kobe to win a Finals MVP too.

RRR3
03-14-2015, 11:22 AM
he was the fastest player at the time.
he was the fastest to win a ring out of the 2003 draft.
he was faster than Kobe to win a Finals MVP too.
http://srbizasrbe.org/usa/images/stories/darko.jpg

Wade's Rings
03-14-2015, 12:15 PM

Would Kobe have gotten past Detroit?

Wade shot 62% in that series and if he even shoots 50% they lose.

embersyc
03-14-2015, 12:58 PM
As a Pistons fan during that time, we had to go against Kobe, against LeBron and against Wade.

Wade was the best of them all there for a few seasons. Unfortunately that old fall down 6 times stand up 7 mentality eventually caught up with his body.

GrapeApe
03-14-2015, 01:20 PM
As a Pistons fan during that time, we had to go against Kobe, against LeBron and against Wade.

Wade was the best of them all there for a few seasons.Unfortunately that old fall down 6 times stand up 7 mentality eventually caught up with his body.

The bolded is extremely significant when you think about it. Kobe and Lebron will go down as 2 of the top 10 greatest players of all time, and prime Wade was every bit on their level. Of course some people will say his prime was short-lived, but that's not really true. He had a 7 year stretch of averaging 27/7/5. Hell, his career numbers are 24/6/5 and you don't accomplish that by having only a few great years.

stalkerforlife
03-14-2015, 01:40 PM
Yes, he was "flash" in his prime...

A flash in the pan.

macpierce
03-14-2015, 01:47 PM

Wade was the best of them all there for a few seasons. Unfortunately that old fall down 6 times stand up 7 mentality eventually caught up with his body.

Yes, Wade's ability to get to the basket made him impervious to the pistons defense.

ShawkFactory
03-14-2015, 02:09 PM

A flash in the pan.
:rolleyes:

GrapeApe
03-14-2015, 02:23 PM

A flash in the pan.

A flash in the pan who's putting up 24/6/5/2/1 over 12 seasons? That's quite a flash indeed.

TheMarkMadsen
03-14-2015, 02:27 PM
A flash in the pan who's putting up 24/6/5/2/1 over 12 seasons? That's quite a flash indeed.

and 7 of those years he played less than 70 games

GrapeApe
03-14-2015, 02:39 PM
and 7 of those years he played less than 70 games

Hence the reason he's Flash and not Iron Man. :cheers:

In seriousness though, Wade's health issues are well known and his lack of durability is the one blemish on his career. He deserves credit though for having such a remarkable career despite battling so many injuries (including having no cartilage in his knee). A flash in the pan implies he had a few good years and then disappeared. That's not the case with Wade.

imdaman99
03-14-2015, 03:04 PM
Would Kobe have gotten past Detroit?

Wade shot 62% in that series and if he even shoots 50% they lose.
Who knows? The only dominant defensive Pistons team was 2004. That's NOT the team Wade beat. The rest of the Piston teams were good defenses but they started losing their pieces as the seasons went by. There have been series where Kobe has shot 60+% against the Spurs, who were always good and sometimes elite on defense.

BasedTom
03-14-2015, 03:10 PM
Who knows? The only dominant defensive Pistons team was 2004. That's NOT the team Wade beat. The rest of the Piston teams were good defenses but they started losing their pieces as the seasons went by. There have been series where Kobe has shot 60+% against the Spurs, who were always good and sometimes elite on defense.
wade played them twice in a row in the 05 and 06 ECF. Won in 06, went down to injury against them in 05 (still a 7 game series)

Maybe not 2004, but not exactly years apart

f0und
03-14-2015, 04:07 PM

the 2005 team had the exact same players and coaches and wade was annihilating them before getting injured. seriously, there wasnt much of a dropoff, if any at all between the 04 and 05 pistons.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-14-2015, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't take either of Kobe's performances serious in 2004 and 2005. He wasn't in-game shape and played with multiple injuries. Also, Detroit's defense did fall off a bit from 2004 and 2005. They went from a 95ish DRtg --> 101 range in 2005.

Kobe hung 40 points (good efficiency) on the 2006 Pistons Wade "demolished". Not the same team, and definitely not the same player.