PDA

View Full Version : Is this an offensive rebound/missed shot?

navy
03-13-2015, 11:13 PM
https://vine.co/v/O9PrZTnTM1l

Gave Westbrook a triple double.

Rose'sACL
03-13-2015, 11:17 PM
can't be a rebound. at most it is a missed putback. he never had control.

JimmyMcAdocious
03-13-2015, 11:18 PM
Well technically he was trying to tip it in. I wouldn't count it tho.

How do people know if that was the rebound btw? I know it gets updated the scorers, but I assume that person who uploaded it was some person watching tv at home.

navy
03-13-2015, 11:24 PM
A missed putback is an offensive rebound/missed shot.

J Shuttlesworth
03-13-2015, 11:25 PM
When you're at home, it is, unfortunately

navy
03-13-2015, 11:26 PM
Well technically he was trying to tip it in. I wouldn't count it tho.

How do people know if that was the rebound btw? I know it gets updated the scorers, but I assume that person who uploaded it was some person watching tv at home.
???? Say that that again.

You can check the boxscore to see that they credited it with him. The Vine is from Royce Young, Thunder Writer for ESPN. https://twitter.com/royceyoung

Apparently Westbrook told them it was a tip to get the triple double afterwards. lol
This has all the makings for a rescission. We shall see.

dabigbaws
03-14-2015, 03:01 AM
yea he tried to tip it in. rebound and a miss shot

J Shuttlesworth
03-14-2015, 03:06 AM
???? Say that that again.

You can check the boxscore to see that they credited it with him. The Vine is from Royce Young, Thunder Writer for ESPN. https://twitter.com/royceyoung

Apparently Westbrook told them it was a tip to get the triple double afterwards. lol
This has all the makings for a rescission. We shall see.
ultimate stat padding

Graviton
03-14-2015, 03:08 AM
He was better off missing the triple double and helping his field goal percentage. :lol

I think the media got into his head with the triple double shit, he is getting them but turning the ball over at a ridiculous rate. Needs to calm down and ignore ESPN.

dunksby
03-14-2015, 03:20 AM
"Check My Stats" T-shirt incoming in...

ButterFace
03-14-2015, 03:21 AM

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

warriorfan
03-14-2015, 03:25 AM
https://vine.co/v/O9PrZTnTM1l

Gave Westbrook a triple double.

aint nothing like home scorekeeping

Walker
03-14-2015, 05:45 AM
The attempted tip-in touched both the backboard and the ring, that is what makes it a tip-in attempt and you cannot attempt a shot in that situation without a rebound preceding it. Had it not touched anything THEN it wouldn't have been a rebound.

UK2K
03-14-2015, 08:28 AM
He was better off missing the triple double and helping his field goal percentage. :lol

I think the media got into his head with the triple double shit, he is getting them but turning the ball over at a ridiculous rate. Needs to calm down and ignore ESPN.

27 turnovers in his last three games....

imdaman99
03-14-2015, 02:57 PM
Disappointed in my man Russ. He is obviously gunning for them triple doubles now, even though that was a legit rebound. A tipped shot is definitely an offensive rebound. He needs to cut down on them turnovers by a lot.

FreezingTsmoove
03-14-2015, 03:22 PM
It hit off the backboard after he tried to tip it in so yes. If it did not hit the backboard than no it wouldn't be

KungFuJoe
03-14-2015, 03:27 PM
It was a putback attempt. Rebound plus missed shot. Pretty obvious.

KungFuJoe
03-14-2015, 03:28 PM
It hit off the backboard after he tried to tip it in so yes. If it did not hit the backboard than no it wouldn't be

What? Backboard has nothing to do with it. It could have ended up in the 3rd row...it was plainly obvious he was aiming for the basket and not just trying to swat at it.

navy
03-14-2015, 03:49 PM
What? Backboard has nothing to do with it. It could have ended up in the 3rd row...it was plainly obvious he was aiming for the basket and not just trying to swat at it.
It appears as though he isnt the only one who touched it though.

SwishSquared
03-14-2015, 04:13 PM
Don't think this should count as a rebound. But it's at home and they wanted to let Russ get his trip-dub. Reminds me of when LBJ tried to statpad that one game where he had like a 50 point triple double and got caught lol. Feel like this one should get rescinded but in grand scheme of things it doesn't matter.

KungFuJoe
03-14-2015, 04:27 PM
It appears as though he isnt the only one who touched it though.

That's a different story but it's hard to tell from the Vine video.

warriorfan
03-14-2015, 04:31 PM
It was a putback attempt. Rebound plus missed shot. Pretty obvious.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

jlip
03-14-2015, 04:54 PM
I don't know if this has already been posted or not and am too lazy too check for myself, but...

Did Westbrook lobby for latest- triple double? (http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2015/03/14/morning-shootaround-march-14-3/)

CavaliersFTW
03-14-2015, 05:21 PM
A put back, or a tip in attempt, even if it is missed, is a rebound. Plain and simple. If you aim the ball to go into the rim, even if you only touch it for a fraction of a second or bumble it around, the statisticians view it as you had "enough" control to have taken a shot (however brief or erratic you may think it looks), therefore it's a rebound.

konex
03-14-2015, 05:24 PM
He'd have got a basket and an offensive board if it went it so...

navy
03-14-2015, 05:39 PM
He'd have got a basket and an offensive board if it went it so...
Based konex. What have you done. :biggums: