PDA

View Full Version : My opinions of grocery stores

Godzuki
03-14-2015, 12:39 AM
Giant - nice gas rewards cards if u shop a lot. decent crispy 8pc fried chicken on the cheap for $5.99, can't beat that shit. best grilled chicken salad from the deli. prices overall good so long as you use your Giant card.

Shoppers Warehouse - best fried/grilled chicken.. only place with grilled chicken but its legit. fried chicken is at least decent, tastes like homemade. discounts already included without card which is a plus, don't need to give all of that info just to get max discounts.

Whole Foods - so overrated, so overpriced, so shitty its not even funny. new one just opened up around my way in a expensive on the lake location and its such a shitty grocery its unbelievable the hype it gets. fukk u fgt hipsters who shop here :facepalm

Wegmans - its overpriced in a way like Whole Foods. but its better because they at least have more item variety, and are basically the biggest grocery around my way. the one near me has a burger joint, sub joint, and huge food bar. problem is the food bar is way overpriced $8.99/lb **** that, where u could go to Cluck U or Hooters and get more/better wings than you get here. what i like about this place is all of the hot females that shop here, and its always crowded unlike most other places :pimp:

Harris Teeter - the one around my way just opened up but its dead. its huge, bigger than the other groceries with more sub sections, even a flower, pizza, chinese, etc dept. but if i've ever seen a over-budgeted grocery its this one in relation to the clientele. its got a okay salad bar, chicken is complete shit, fridays has like 1/2 price deals tho, still not worth it. i do want to try their mexican chix salad but haven't gotten to it yet. these mf'ers gave me a $5~ discount just for signing up for a card so thats cool. still tho, i feel this is one of those classic examples of all of the bells and whistles but nowhere near enough of the quality and content..

Food Lion - the worst of the worst. ghetto.. hate this place.

overalll surprisiingly i'd have to say Giant is hands down the best due to its deli, pricing with rewards, and fried chix. Shoppers is very underrate as well with their underrated grilled/fried chix and bottom line pricing without being a member. all of the fad groceries these days feel like they bamboozle people based on organic hipster marketing :coleman:

ButterFace
03-14-2015, 01:16 AM
Most of that shit I ain't ever heard of. Only Whole Foods.

BasedTom
03-14-2015, 01:19 AM
publix + aldi and its variants >>>>>>>

J Shuttlesworth
03-14-2015, 01:19 AM
Thank you. I've been anxiously waiting to find out your opinions on grocery stores.

Smoke117
03-14-2015, 01:23 AM
...I just go to the one on the corner because i'm lazy...

J Shuttlesworth
03-14-2015, 01:27 AM
BTW, Amazon fresh is going to be the shit when it really takes off. My brother works for Amazon and works on the Amazon Fresh integration with the Amazon Android/ios app (he's a programmer). He also uses it. Getting groceries delivered fresh to your house is the future (or present for some)

Just think about what you'll save on gas, and the time you save by having shit auto-delivered to your house instead of going around and collecting groceries from different shops.

Smoke117
03-14-2015, 01:45 AM
BTW, Amazon fresh is going to be the shit when it really takes off. My brother works for Amazon and works on the Amazon Fresh integration with the Amazon Android/ios app (he's a programmer). He also uses it. Getting groceries delivered fresh to your house is the future (or present for some)

Just think about what you'll save on gas, and the time you save by having shit auto-delivered to your house instead of going around and collecting groceries from different shops.

Yes that is already the present. I've had groceries delivered to me from the markets around here when I didn't have time to go pick them up. I'm interested in your amazon speakz though because I use amazon a lot and have been a prime member for 3-4 years. I would assume it would be free for prime members? Because those delivery fees are bullshit...

J Shuttlesworth
03-14-2015, 01:56 AM
Yes that is already the present. I've had groceries delivered to me from the markets around here when I didn't have time to go pick them up. I'm interested in your amazon speakz though because I use amazon a lot and have been a prime member for 3-4 years. I would assume it would be free for prime members? Because those delivery fees are bullshit...
It's not free but I think it's a higher yearly subscription to get PrimeFresh (which includes Prime + grocery delivery)

Not sure of the difference in price. It should become cheaper over time since right now, it's only available in certain cities.

fsvr54
03-14-2015, 04:51 PM
publix + aldi and its variants >>>>>>>

Sedanos

RightToCensor
03-14-2015, 05:09 PM
1. Publix
2. Kroger
3. Food Lion

qrich
03-14-2015, 05:13 PM
Besides Whole Foods, none exist out here. My preference goes depending on what the hell I need, but if I had to make a general list, guess it'd go:

1] Hole in the wall Middle Eastern stores
2] Grocery Outlet
3] Winco
4] Fry's
5] Safeway
6] Fresh N Easy
7] Albertsons
8] Trader Joe's

Smoke117
03-14-2015, 05:24 PM
It's not free but I think it's a higher yearly subscription to get PrimeFresh (which includes Prime + grocery delivery)

Not sure of the difference in price. It should become cheaper over time since right now, it's only available in certain cities.

I decided to check it out. It's $299 dollars a year...BUT if you have prime they refund that on a prorated basis. Seems expensive to me, but I suppose if all you did was get them delivered it makes sense. That and the gas as you said...not having to go to different places. I think I'll sign up for it in a couple of months.

Meticode
03-14-2015, 05:29 PM
Around here the best grocery store chains are Woodman's and Festival Foods in the western Wisconsin area.

http://attic.areavoices.com/attic/images/festivalfoods.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8161/6976766072_f56ff303c3_b.jpg

In my hometown Cincinnati the biggest store that is over the top is Jungle Jim's. They have an amusement waterpark park at their store. I'm not kidding.

Bless Mathews
03-14-2015, 08:20 PM
Qfc is the goat.

Quality food center.

Quality.

KyrieTheFuture
03-14-2015, 08:43 PM
Wegmans is the most overrated place on the planet

mlh1981
03-15-2015, 11:20 AM
My opinion of grocery stores is that one should never walk into one hungry.