PDA

View Full Version : Will Cleveland win the rest of their games?

Hotlantadude81
03-14-2015, 10:46 AM
@ Orlando
@ Miami
vs. Brooklyn
vs. Indiana
@ Mil
@ Memphis
@ Brooklyn
vs. Philly
vs. Miami
vs. Chicago
@ Mil
vs. Boston
@ Boston
vs. Detroit
vs. Washington

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule/_/name/cle/cleveland-cavaliers

Easy ass schedule

VengefulAngel
03-14-2015, 10:54 AM
@ Orlando
@ Miami
vs. Brooklyn
vs. Indiana
@ Mil
@ Memphis
@ Brooklyn
vs. Philly
vs. Miami
vs. Chicago
@ Mil
vs. Boston
@ Boston
vs. Detroit
vs. Washington

Easy ass schedule

Very possible, the only team there who can beat the Cavs on paper is Memphis and they're struggling recently.

If they do end up with 57 wins, Lebron actually might win MVP lol.

imdaman99
03-14-2015, 10:54 AM
@ Memphis should be their only loss. But they will prob lose another 1 or 2 games besides that, or start resting their players.

GOATbrook
03-14-2015, 11:02 AM
@Miami is also possible loss. We know how Lebron performs under pressure and Miami is fighting for 8th spot.

nba_55
03-14-2015, 11:05 AM
@Miami is also possible loss. We know how Lebron performs under pressure and Miami is fighting for 8th spot.

Yeah, we know, game 6 vs Boston, game 7 of NBA finals. :facepalm

Lebronxrings
03-14-2015, 11:08 AM
if they can win half those games, they already exceed my expectations.

GOATbrook
03-14-2015, 11:12 AM
Yeah, we know, game 6 vs Boston, game 7 of NBA finals. :facepalm
Finals Series against Mavs, Spurs?

Fudge
They should easily win all of them.

Hell, they can even rest LeBron and Love and they'll still win like 90% of those games.

Trollsmasher
They will probably start resting players. Love has a bad back and LeBron talked about trying to get some rest again too.

JohnMax
03-14-2015, 11:25 AM
This is what we mean by Lebron would not do well in the West

BigTicket
03-14-2015, 11:31 AM
I don't think they will win all of them, but it seems likely that they will win 12+ of those 15 games. Easy schedule, and the Cavs are playing great lately.

However, they could clinch 2nd place with a couple of games to go, in which case they would probably rest their starters.

RedBlackAttack
03-14-2015, 01:20 PM
@ Orlando
@ Miami
vs. Brooklyn
vs. Indiana
@ Mil
@ Memphis
@ Brooklyn
vs. Philly
vs. Miami
vs. Chicago
@ Mil
vs. Boston
@ Boston
vs. Detroit
vs. Washington

Easy ass schedule
The answer is obviously no. We'll be comfortable favorites in every one of them, but this is the NBA and teams have off/on nights. We will get everyone's best shot as they try to end their respective seasons with a marquee win and as the Cavs continue to lock up that 2nd seed, they may lose some of the focus/intensity we have seen over the last couple months.

They will also likely find spots to pull LeBron, KI and Love as we head down the stretch. I wouldn't mind just completely sitting LeBron the week leading into the playoffs.

But, thank god the schedule is finally lightening up. It has been a pretty rough few weeks. We have played the most back-to-backs in the NBA this season (19) and just finished a difficult 9 games in 15 day run that was pretty stacked with quality competition.

Feb. 26 GSW win
Feb. 27 @Indiana loss
March 1 @Houston loss
March 3 Boston win
March 4 @Toronto win
March 6 @Atlanta loss
March 7 Phoenix win
March 10 @Dallas win
March 12 @San Antonio win

Got through it 6-3 and with the best win of the season. Now, into coast mode the rest of the way. That Atlanta lead at the top is going to look a lot smaller when all is said and done. I could see us getting to 55 wins potentially.

Lebron23
03-14-2015, 04:32 PM
I hope they win all of their remaining games.

J Shuttlesworth
03-14-2015, 04:35 PM
Finals Series against Mavs, Spurs?
2013: 25/11/7
2014: 28/8/4

As long as Irving/Love come to play, Miami should be an easy win

Lebron23
03-14-2015, 04:39 PM
2013: 25/11/7
2014: 28/8/4

As long as Irving/Love come to play, Miami should be an easy win

That Slovenians needs to watch more NBA Games.

J Shuttlesworth
03-14-2015, 04:43 PM
But yes I could see them winning all games Ideally though, they just need to win the next few in a row and get a comfortable lead over chicago and toronto, and then they can start risking games to get players rest.

Milbuck
03-14-2015, 04:44 PM
They're almost certainly gonna rest players going into the playoffs. This season has shown that Lebron isn't superhuman anymore, he's still a beast when healthy but he needs rest and recovery time just like anyone else. And Irving/Love aren't iron men either. If the Cavs want to dominate in the playoffs I would give those 3 significant rest before the playoffs...maybe even sit them the entire week before the 1st round. Unless they play this red hot Indy team with PG somehow miraculously becoming 100%...rust isn't gonna be a factor, they can pretty much sleepwalk to the 2nd round.

jlip
03-14-2015, 04:48 PM
This is what we mean by Lebron would not do well in the West

So what you are saying is if you switched Lebron with the best player on either of the five best teams in the West, which all currently have higher win %'s than the Cavs, that Lebron would struggle to have at least the same success as those players.

SwishSquared
03-14-2015, 05:02 PM
I think at best they lose 3 more games. LBJ has hinted he's gonna take a mini break before the playoffs (I bet 1 week max, but still, he may miss 3-4 games). Think at most they lose 5 more games. Kyrie, Love, and maybe some others will get some rest before the playoffs, if I had to guess. I think even if they lose 3-5 more games, they can still get that #2 seed. Should finish with mid 50s win total, which isn't bad considering the rocky start and they overhauled the rotation mid season.

Meticode
03-14-2015, 05:35 PM
I'm guessing they'll go 10-5 in their last 15 games losing @ Miami, vs. Memphis and vs. Indiana and two more teams.

TheMarkMadsen
03-14-2015, 05:41 PM
@ Orlando
@ Miami
vs. Brooklyn
vs. Indiana
@ Mil
@ Memphis
@ Brooklyn
vs. Philly
vs. Miami
vs. Chicago
@ Mil
vs. Boston
@ Boston
vs. Detroit
vs. Washington

Easy ass schedule

playing in the east must be nice

JT123
03-14-2015, 05:43 PM
They've been playing better against the West lately.

TheMarkMadsen
03-14-2015, 05:45 PM
They've been playing better against the West lately.

cool they still play in the east where 10 out of their next 15 games are cup cakes

Lebron23
03-14-2015, 05:46 PM

What's Kobe's finals stats against the Eastern Conference Champion??

TheMarkMadsen
03-14-2015, 05:48 PM
What's Kobe's finals stats against the Eastern Conference Champion??

5 wins 2 losses

what does that have to do with the east and how shitty its been the past 5 years?

keep bringing up Kobe though since you have no argument the actual topic

TheMarkMadsen
03-14-2015, 05:59 PM
I am talking about his Individual Stats in the NBA Finals. You Kobetards are so F*cking annoying. Keep smoking that Marijuana Dumb @$$.

I wish Kobe play for the Charlotte Hornets. Let's see if He's capable of leading that team NBA title with that team.

what are you so angry about :roll: :roll:

what does Kobe's stats in the finals have to do with the 2011-2015 eastern conference? What does Kobe have to do with this thread?

stay mad **** boy

Smoke117
03-14-2015, 06:01 PM
Very possible, the only team there who can beat the Cavs on paper is Memphis and they're struggling recently.

If they do end up with 57 wins, Lebron actually might win MVP lol.

That would be great. The saltiness here would be so epic.

Cocaine80s
03-14-2015, 06:02 PM
Lol If they win 55+ Lebron is the clear cut MVP

bigt
03-14-2015, 06:06 PM
They could conceivably win every game if they really wanted to (the Memphis game being the toughest by a longshot but still winnable) but they don't need to go that hard heading into playoffs. They'll drop a few because of resting guys like Lebron and maybe getting caught off guard by a hungrier team looking to secure a playoffs birth

coin24
03-14-2015, 06:09 PM
I am talking about his Individual Stats in the NBA Finals. You Kobetards are so F*cking annoying. Keep smoking that Marijuana Dumb @$$.

I wish Kobe play for the Charlotte Hornets. Let's see if He's capable of leading that team NBA title with that team.

Kobe rent free in your head :lol

Go practice layups in your new cavs gear

RedBlackAttack
03-14-2015, 06:54 PM
It is sort of interesting that, even after all of the hand wringing and panic 40 games into the season, this team is likely to finish with around 55 wins. Just goes to show you, it's a marathon not a sprint.

Ideally, you want to be peaking not 40 or 50 games into the season, but around the 70-game mark and heading into the playoffs. That appears to be what the Cavs are doing.

Also, for those who beat this East/West thing into the ground... the Cavs are 13-1 against the West since the Mozgov, Smith, Shumpert trade on Jan. 15.

That includes wins in San Antonio, Dallas, Phoenix and LA Clippers, and at home against the Clippers, Golden State, Portland, OKC and Phoenix. The lone loss was a 115-113 overtime loss in Houston... without Kyrie Irving and featuring 8-of-11 missed free throws by LeBron.

If you are wondering, we are 10-4 against the East over the same span. So, they've played exactly the same number of games against the two conferences since "the trade," and have a considerably better record against the West.

So, yeah... the West is the better conference. There's no denying that. But, it's a two-way street when it comes to the Cavs being "better off" in the East. They're likely to have an easier than their Finals counterpart IF they are fortunate enough to get there, but the West also doesn't have to worry about a Cavs team that has almost run the table on them since the team was overhauled.

Megabox!
03-14-2015, 08:01 PM
It's crazy how much this Cavs team has improved, not just offensively but defensively as well. At one point during this season they were 19-20 and everyone was calling them failures and wanted Blatt fired, now they're 42-25 and could potentially end up with nearly 60 wins.