PDA

View Full Version : John Wall, Kyrie Irving or Damian Lillard

coolhandsteve
03-14-2015, 10:57 PM
You gotta pick one for a season. Who ya got?

KyrieTheFuture
03-14-2015, 10:59 PM
All I know is I take Wall and Kyrie over Lillard

Edit: I also think Kyrie and Wall could play together quite well and be the GOAT backcourt.

SamuraiSWISH
03-14-2015, 11:02 PM
Wall because of his defensive ability, size, and durability. Not knowing who else is on my team, he's the easiest choice. Then it's Kyrie, injury issues aside, is the best scorer / shooter of the bunch. And Lillard comes in last place.

RedBlackAttack
03-14-2015, 11:06 PM
Wall because of his defensive ability. Not knowing who else is on my team. Then it's Kyrie, injury issues aside, is the best scorer / shooter of the bunch. And Lillard comes in last place.
His injury "issues" were much ado about nothing. His first two years were played under the Cavs' "three-year plan"... which was a nice way of saying they were essentially tanking. Kyrie was being pulled left and right and sat out extensively for minor injuries. He has never suffered a significant injury in his career.

And, the last two years, injuries have not been an issue at all. He played 71 games last year and he has only missed a few games this season... a couple insignificant injuries and once being sick.

The label of "injury prone" thrown on him in his first two seasons has not turned out to be the case in the seasons that have really mattered for the Cavs.

Of all the elite PGs in the NBA, Steph Curry and Russell Westbrook have been the most prone to serious injuries... although Steph has now gone a couple years relatively healthy, his ankles still remain a cloud that could crop up at any moment (like they did in the playoffs last year).

imdaman99
03-14-2015, 11:09 PM
I'll be the guy that takes Lillard. Pretty sure I will be the only one to choose him :lol

He was beast in the playoffs and he has the ability to carry a team. Kyrie is similar but he has his tunnel vision moments.

I used to be high on Wall, but he is missing the IT factor that the other 2 have. Tremendous team player but I don't see him ever taking over a playoff series. I thought Beal was a lot better than him in the playoffs last year.

We will see, as all 3 are gonna be key players come playoffs.

mehyaM24
03-14-2015, 11:10 PM
Wall because of his defensive ability, size, and durability. Not knowing who else is on my team, he's the easiest choice. Then it's Kyrie, injury issues aside, is the best scorer / shooter of the bunch. And Lillard comes in last place.
hey coach,

what do you think about westbrook's play of late? is he actually better than rose has ever been?

navy
03-14-2015, 11:13 PM
I'll be the guy that takes Lillard. Pretty sure I will be the only one to choose him :lol

He was beast in the playoffs and he has the ability to carry a team. Kyrie is similar but he has his tunnel vision moments.

I used to be high on Wall, but he is missing the IT factor that the other 2 have. Tremendous team player but I don't see him ever taking over a playoff series. I thought Beal was a lot better than him in the playoffs last year.

We will see, as all 3 are gonna be key players come playoffs.
Lillard has shown the ability to carry a team?

I think Lillard is getting mad underrated here to be honest. He's probably what you want in a modern nba point guard. I think Kyrie will be the best player in the long run though. John Wall will no doubt blow the other two out in a traditional role. If I had a team of scrubs i'd pick him.

Prime_Shaq
03-14-2015, 11:14 PM
His injury "issues" were much ado about nothing. His first two years were played under the Cavs' "three-year plan"... which was a nice way of saying they were essentially tanking. Kyrie was being pulled left and right and sat out extensively for minor injuries. He has never suffered a significant injury in his career.

And, the last two years, injuries have not been an issue at all. He played 71 games last year and he has only missed a few games this season... a couple insignificant injuries and once being sick.

The label of "injury prone" thrown on him in his first two seasons has not turned out to be the case in the seasons that have really mattered for the Cavs.

Of all the elite PGs in the NBA, Steph Curry and Russell Westbrook have been the most prone to serious injuries... although Steph has now gone a couple years relatively healthy, his ankles still remain a cloud that could crop up at any moment (like they did in the playoffs last year).
I believe it was only one injury prone season for Steph

RedBlackAttack
03-14-2015, 11:16 PM
I believe it was only one injury prone season for Steph
Yes, but it was a recurring injury that plagued him for a while... in other words, a pretty serious issue. Ankle issues are always scary.

LoneyROY7
03-14-2015, 11:18 PM
I'll take Kyrie over Wall...ONLY if I have another star on the team who he can also run the offense and allow Kyrie to play off-ball at times.

For example, Blake and Kyrie would be an amazing offensive duo.

I'd take Wall if I have a roster with mostly mid-level and role players.

ButterFace
03-15-2015, 01:29 AM
Kyrie with the way he has been playing.

Relinquish
03-15-2015, 01:39 AM
All I know is I take Wall and Kyrie over Lillard

Edit: I also think Kyrie and Wall could play together quite well and be the GOAT backcourt.

Damn man you're giving me a basketball boner right now.

Fudge
03-15-2015, 01:42 AM
Irving

gap

Lillard
Wall

Relinquish
03-15-2015, 01:46 AM
Irving

gap

Lillard
Wall

Dat agenda :oldlol:

plowking
03-15-2015, 01:48 AM
Kyrie has tunnel vision more than a bit of the time. For all the flack Iverson got in his prime for being a ball hog, he at least dished the ball out 7 or 8 times a game. Kyrie misses open shooters in the corner and would rather drive through traffic and make the tough shot.

I'd take Wall first fairly easily for his two way play. He is one of the few players in the league who is actually better than his stats suggest. He needs to add a little bulk and keep working on that shot though.

Lillard is easily last for me. Similar stats to Kyrie, but just watching him play, he doesn't look on the same level.

Heavincent
03-15-2015, 02:01 AM

Curry has been healthy in every season except the lockout year.

Flower_
03-15-2015, 04:46 AM
I'm going with Kyrie.

DukeDelonte13
03-15-2015, 09:53 AM
Kyrie is really more of a shooting guard.

Wall is more of a point guard.

I think Kyrie's game will age better than Wall's, but like other posters have said it depends on what the makeup of the team is.

The JKidd Kid
03-15-2015, 10:23 AM
Wall because he's the only one that's clearly the best player on his team plus the only one that plays defense or passes at a league average level for a PG.