PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Jacksons move to Detroit was career suicide.

Embers
03-15-2015, 12:08 AM
From 48/4 to what I would suggest will be 5/2 at this stage.

Can anyone think of a worse career move then this?

In my 15 years of NBA watching, this is the worst ive ever seen a starter play over this kind of stretch. Worse then anything Kendrick Perkins has ever produced thats for sure

His game tonight was a flat out disgrace. It is just bewildering how bad he is. He stares down the opposition PG for 15 seconds then with 9 seconds to go he panics and runs around the 3 point line like a headless chook before either giving it to someone to chuck a prayer or chucking a prayer himself and missing. How the **** does a PG who handles it as much as he does go 28 minutes without a assist. The + and - difference between him and Dinwiddle is hilarious. Another -13 for Jackson to +10 for Dinwiddle, a 500k contract young plodder for the most part

At this point surely Detroit should be buying him out sometime next week?

SouBeachTalents
03-15-2015, 12:10 AM
From 48/4 to what I would suggest will be 5/2 at this stage.

Can anyone think of a worse career move then this?

https://richsportstalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/140207114952-michael-jordan-05131297-single-image-cut.jpg

Fudge
03-15-2015, 12:10 AM
1-11 since he's been there. 10 straight losses. :roll:

Poor Detroit.

Eat shit, Reggie.

Droid101
03-15-2015, 12:12 AM
Outplayed by Jodie ****ing Meeks... who happened to shoot 2-9.

What a shit decision asking to be traded.

navy
What's funny is that they gave up DJ Augustine to get him.

Embers
[/B]

https://richsportstalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/140207114952-michael-jordan-05131297-single-image-cut.jpg

Jordan was the Babe Ruth of ****ing baseball compared to Reggie Jackson at Detroit

KyrieTheFuture
03-15-2015, 12:13 AM
They are so good at having terrible players...Jennings, Smith, Jackson

Embers
03-15-2015, 12:15 AM
Rubbish comparison

Jennings would NEVER go 28 minutes with 0 assists and 5 turnovers. Jennings cant shoot for shit but he can hit a pass. Jackson simply cant, shoot, defend or pass. Does look like a chicken though so I guess he has that going for him

navy
03-15-2015, 12:16 AM
They are so good at having terrible players...Jennings, Smith, Jackson
Need to hire some analytic guys. :lol

Young X
03-15-2015, 12:20 AM
He acted like such a f*ggot when he got traded. LOL @ "crying tears of joy" to get traded to the Pistons. Good for him.

Embers
03-15-2015, 12:22 AM
Need to hire some analytic guys. :lol

They can use the old playbook

http://www.wikihow.com/Analyze-Poop

El Kabong
03-15-2015, 12:23 AM
Everybody wants to be the man, but it's not as easy as it looks. Sounds like RJ got a big reality check. It's probably way easy to look awesome when you've got Durant and Westbrook on the oppositions minds.

Eric Cartman
03-15-2015, 12:23 AM
http://i60.tinypic.com/2evvkh0.png

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370384

SwishSquared
03-15-2015, 12:24 AM
He's gonna take that QO this summer, as he's not really worth anything else. If this was a subtle tank-move trade by SVG, good job by him. Singler & Augustine (on a very reasonable contract imo) for Reggie was such a bad trade in just about every other regard. Who would think that the best PG on Detroit's roster in 2015-2016 might be Dinwiddie?

Eric Cartman
03-15-2015, 12:26 AM
Who would think that the best PG on Detroit's roster in 2015-2016 might be Dinwiddie?

Did Jennings die or something?

navy
03-15-2015, 12:26 AM
Someone fire his agent.

navy
03-15-2015, 12:27 AM
Did Jennings die or something?
Went the Kobe route.

SwishSquared
03-15-2015, 12:29 AM
Did Jennings die or something?I don't know what Jennings will become after tearing an Achilles. Dude could be washed up after this injury. SVG has already benched Jackson in favor of Dinwiddie down the stretch at times... I was big on him going into the draft as a sleeper, but dude's not good enough to be closing NBA games as a point guard yet.

Edit:

Went the Kobe route.That shouldn't have made me laugh. Dang.

Eric Cartman
03-15-2015, 12:42 AM
Went the Kobe route.

Cold :lol

Rake2204
03-15-2015, 12:44 AM
I don't know what Jennings will become after tearing an Achilles. Dude could be washed up after this injury. SVG has already benched Jackson in favor of Dinwiddie down the stretch at times... I was big on him going into the draft as a sleeper, but dude's not good enough to be closing NBA games as a point guard yet.

Edit:
That shouldn't have made me laugh. Dang.Not saying Reggie hasn't been bad in numerous spots so far, but just wanted to share that SVG has not hesitated to pull his point guards all year. Jennings and Augustin were also held out of some fourth quarters as well depending upon who was playing well or who wasn't putting up.

Tonight, Van Gundy said he pulled Jackson in part because he wasn't being aggressive but more so due to a loose ball he didn't go all out for that turned into a key Utah layup.

Reggie Jackson in Detroit so far: 15 ppg (37% from the field, 24% from three, 96% free throws) 7 assists, 3.1 turnovers.

dontgetchoked
03-15-2015, 12:45 AM
DJ is small but he's better than jackson. I have no idea who was behind that trade but it was one of the worst this season.

navy
03-15-2015, 12:46 AM
Not saying Reggie hasn't been bad in numerous spots so far, but just wanted to share that SVG has not hesitated to pull his point guards all year. Jennings and Augustin were also held out of some fourth quarters as well depending upon who was playing well or who wasn't putting up.

Tonight, Van Gundy said he pulled Jackson in part because he wasn't being aggressive but more so due to a loose ball he didn't go all out for that turned into a key Utah layup.

Reggie Jackson in Detroit so far: 15 ppg (37% from the field, 24% from three, 96% free throws) 7 assists, 3.1 turnovers.

Well he's at least passing the ball.

BlazerRed
03-15-2015, 12:48 AM
Good, Reggie deserves every pile of shit that is thrown at him.

navy
03-15-2015, 12:49 AM
DJ is small but he's better than jackson. I have no idea who was behind that trade but it was one of the worst this season.
Im not sure why DJ keeps moving around. Dude is solid everywhere he goes it seems. Maybe not starter quality, but clearly worth playing.

SwishSquared
03-15-2015, 12:51 AM
[/B]Not saying Reggie hasn't been bad in numerous spots so far, but just wanted to share that SVG has not hesitated to pull his point guards all year. Jennings and Augustin were also held out of some fourth quarters as well depending upon who was playing well or who wasn't putting up.[/B]

Reggie Jackson in Detroit so far: 15 ppg (37% from the field, 24% from three, 96% free throws) 7 assists, 3.1 turnovers.That's very true, I didn't consider that. It took him until Smith left, but Jennings at least turned the corner eventually.

Just kinda funny that he talked up Reggie being his franchise PG and yet right now Ish Smith (didn't he get waived to make room for Augustine in OKC?) has had better games as a 76er, with much less talent, than Jackson has in Detroit. He's been the worst PG of that whole trade/waive situation lol

On another note, I thought Tristan Thompson (supposedly) turning down $13M/annually was a bad decision... :oldlol:

Rake2204
03-15-2015, 12:55 AM
Im not sure why DJ keeps moving around. Dude is solid everywhere he goes it seems. Maybe not starter quality, but clearly worth playing.I think that was the thought behind the Jackson move. From what I've heard from Van Gundy, he conveyed an understanding that a young point guard with potential wasn't necessarily just going to come out and say, "Y'know what? I want to sign with Detroit."

As such, when he had an opportunity to give up Augustin, who performed very well in Detroit but maybe didn't hit as a long-term solution, in return for a young athletic point guard with solid size and at least a touch of potential, he went for it.

I'm sure he would have preferred Jackson propelled them into the postseason but I'm guessing SVG also knew trading away so much of his shooting (Singler, Augustin, and Jerebko were three of the team's top three-point shooters) could have disastrous results short term.

I personally thought Jackson would be better than what I've seen so far, even though he's had some bursts of really good play here or there. But regarding the Pistons' drop, I really do think eliminating the bulk of the long-distance scoring from a Stan Van Gundy-led team was a deathblow. I'd guess Van Gundy feels he can find Singler and Jerebko-like players with relative ease in the offseason.

navy
03-15-2015, 01:01 AM
I think that was the thought behind the Jackson move. From what I've heard from Van Gundy, he conveyed an understanding that a young point guard with potential wasn't necessarily just going to come out and say, "Y'know what? I want to sign with Detroit."

As such, when he had an opportunity to give up Augustin, who performed very well in Detroit but maybe didn't hit as a long-term solution, in return for a young athletic point guard with solid size and at least a touch of potential, he went for it.

I'm sure he would have preferred Jackson propelled them into the postseason but I'm guessing SVG also knew trading away so much of his shooting (Singler, Augustin, and Jerebko were three of the team's top three-point shooters) could have disastrous results short term.

I personally thought Jackson would be better than what I've seen so far, even though he's had some bursts of really good play here or there. But regarding the Pistons' drop, I really do think eliminating the bulk of the long-distance scoring from a Stan Van Gundy-led team was a deathblow. I'd guess Van Gundy feels he can find Singler and Jerebko-like players with relative ease in the offseason.

I just dont see the value in Reggie Jackson as a starter.

Im sure he doesnt now either.

Rake2204
03-15-2015, 01:09 AM

Im sure he doesnt now either.It'll definitely be interesting to see where this one goes. I think less than a week ago, after Jackson had already been struggling, Van Gundy said something along the lines of "This isn't a tryout", insinuating that he's in it for the long haul with Jackson. Though, he could just as easily have been saying what he's supposed to, even if he didn't mean it.

I'm still in the dark with Jackson. I've been watching him in each game he's played in Detroit and in some contests his vision looks legit and in other games, I almost forget he's there. Not pumped about his seeming lack of a jump shot, I'll say that. But I'll still give him some time.

SwishSquared
03-15-2015, 01:11 AM

Im sure he doesnt now either.Another reason for why a coach shouldn't be a GM. Dude supposedly could have traded Smith to the Kings for expiring contracts over the summer. He wanted to give Smith a chance to play for him. Welp. Add this trade as a move that doesn't look too good.

I like SVG a lot too but I had my doubts if he could pull off building a roster and then coaching them up to a high level of play. Still early in his tenure but he's got his work cut out for him.

navy
03-15-2015, 01:17 AM
It'll definitely be interesting to see where this one goes. I think less than a week ago, after Jackson had already been struggling, Van Gundy said something along the lines of "This isn't a tryout", insinuating that he's in it for the long haul with Jackson. Though, he could just as easily have been saying what he's supposed to, even if he didn't mean it.

I'm still in the dark with Jackson. I've been watching him in each game he's played in Detroit and in some contests his vision looks legit and in other games, I almost forget he's there. Not pumped about his seeming lack of a jump shot, I'll say that. But I'll still give him some time.
Oh, I think he will be a fine player....off the bench. Then again SVG changed Brandon Jennings. So it's too early to write off Reggie Jackson. Who will also be cheap...

This is a point guard dominated league. Cant run Reggie Jackson as a starter and expect much.

iamgine
03-15-2015, 02:03 AM
Other than confidence and getting used to new role, his whole problem may be he can't shoot threes at a good enough rate. Van Gundy system relies on that heavily. Once that's fixed, everything else should follow.

Fudge
03-15-2015, 02:11 AM
Other than confidence and getting used to new role, his whole problem may be he can't shoot threes at a good enough rate. Van Gundy system relies on that heavily. Once that's fixed, everything else should follow.
Or it could be that he's just an overall shit player. :biggums:

AintNoSunshine
03-15-2015, 02:38 AM
He acted like such a f*ggot when he got traded. LOL @ "crying tears of joy" to get traded to the Pistons. Good for him.
:lol Only Thunder got an identical player in return in Waiters.

SwishSquared
03-15-2015, 02:43 AM
:lol Only Thunder got an identical player in return in Waiters.No offense to Waiters but at least Reggie has that game vs. Memphis in the first round to cling on to haha.

Lebron23
03-15-2015, 02:54 AM
He's like very poor man's version of Kobe Bryant.

ButterFace
03-15-2015, 03:04 AM
[/B]

Great pic.

dubeta
03-15-2015, 03:08 AM
The dude saved Durant and Westbrook from complete embarrassment last season and in return he gets shat on by ungrateful fans :facepalm

Heavincent
03-15-2015, 03:11 AM
He's like very poor man's version of Kobe Bryant.

???

Lebron23
03-15-2015, 03:17 AM
???

He have the confidence and swagger of a young Kobe Bryant, but 1/4 the talent of Kobe. He needs to accept his role as a 6th man.

Smoke117
03-15-2015, 03:38 AM
What's funny is that they gave up DJ Augustine to get him.

That was so go damn stupid too.

Thunderfan86
03-15-2015, 03:42 AM
He's like very poor man's version of Russell Westbrook.
Fixed

dannywpt
03-15-2015, 07:15 AM
He could be a very talented bench player if he played to his strengths and had a humble approach to his limited role on a team

Sadly, he is a cancerous, egotistical, ball-hogging, chucking scrub. :rolleyes:

Jasper
03-15-2015, 10:42 AM
It seems I have more faith in Van Gundy than alot of people on this web link.

Pistons , have a couple guys that will be leading stats years to come.
Coach has a 5 that is willing to listen to him.
A PF that will do alot that doesn't show up in the stat sheet.

And Jax, that will mold into a defensive stopper , and a slasher on the weak side.
He just needs a couple players, that will shoot and this team is in the playoffs.

As a Bucks fan , I always fear the pistons, they have been rival's for years, and Stan will get them back on track.

Granted Reggie came off the bench in Oakville- but Stan is putting together a heII of a more complicated system than the thunder ever had.

StephHamann
03-15-2015, 10:44 AM
[/B]

http://slightlychristopher.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/ratpoison.jpg

Charlie Sheen
03-15-2015, 10:57 AM
It seems I have more faith in Van Gundy than alot of people on this web link.

Pistons , have a couple guys that will be leading stats years to come.
Coach has a 5 that is willing to listen to him.
A PF that will do alot that doesn't show up in the stat sheet.

And Jax, that will mold into a defensive stopper , and a slasher on the weak side.
He just needs a couple players, that will shoot and this team is in the playoffs.

As a Bucks fan , I always fear the pistons, they have been rival's for years, and Stan will get them back on track.

Granted Reggie came off the bench in Oakville- but Stan is putting together a heII of a more complicated system than the thunder ever had.

All those things are great, but Reggie doesn't bring anything unique. Heck, Isaiah Thomas and Dragic were traded at the deadline. If the positional abilities a player has aren't specialized like shooting or defense, Reggie damn sure better have a polished, refined game to stick around...or he better find one and quickly.

macpierce
03-15-2015, 11:25 AM
He's like very poor man's version of Lebron James.

:roll: