PDA

View Full Version : is this OKC's starting lineup? (when everyone is healthy)

I<3NBA
03-15-2015, 06:22 PM
Westbrook
Waiters
Durant
Ibaka
Kanter

damn! that's a sick lineup

Genaro
03-15-2015, 06:25 PM
Waiters coming off of the bench. Roberson is Brooks' boyfriend or illegitimate son.

Fudge
03-15-2015, 06:41 PM
^Yep

Westbrook
Roberson
Durant
Ibaka
Kanter

Also wouldn't be surprised if he puts Adams in at some point before the playoffs.

dubeta
03-15-2015, 06:46 PM
Smh looks so stacked, don't see how they don't win the championship

Spurs m8
03-15-2015, 06:52 PM
LOL not Waiters

I<3NBA
03-15-2015, 07:01 PM
why is Roberson starting over Waiters?

Fudge
03-15-2015, 07:03 PM
why is Roberson starting over Waiters?
Because he's Brooks' Thabo Sefolosha replacement. Defensive purposes. Too bad he couldn't shoot the 3 to save his life.

I<3NBA
03-15-2015, 07:07 PM
why the f did OKC trade Sefolosha in the first place?

J Shuttlesworth
03-15-2015, 07:10 PM
How is it possible that Waiters only gets 1 more shot per game on OKC opposed to the Cavs, despite playing 4 more MPG? And this is a team with their star player injured... WTF? I mean I get he's terrible and only shooting 37% but he's getting less shots per 36 and much lower %.

Meanwhile, JR smith has 13 pts at the half with 3/4 3 pt shooting. So glad Cleveland got rid of that cancer. JR smith has been a blessing

Fudge
03-15-2015, 07:11 PM
They didn't. He was a FA and Presti chose not to retain him, thus drafting Roberson in the first place.

Thabo played like shit in a contract year tho, so that was all on him.

I<3NBA
03-15-2015, 07:24 PM
you guys should trade Waiters for a better defensive SG. you don't need Waiters'chucking ass.

BlazerRed
03-15-2015, 07:52 PM
Sefolosha has been trash the last 2 years.

icewill36
03-15-2015, 11:19 PM
OKC desperately needs a 2 guard that can actually shoot. thats the only thing missing IMO. they would be impossible to guard with one more guy to space the floor.

they could try morrow there but i doubt he could defend that position.

icewill36
03-15-2015, 11:20 PM
you guys should trade Waiters for a better defensive SG. you don't need Waiters'chucking ass.

roberson IS a defensive SG.... but he cant shoot a at all and that hurts spacing

I.R.Beast
03-15-2015, 11:41 PM
Waiters plays very solid defense and is a capable shooter..just has a tendency to take some bad off balanced shots... OKC needs to quit playing and start lamb at the 2...

jzek
03-15-2015, 11:43 PM
That's the lineup GSW is going to face in the first round? :eek:

dabigbaws
03-15-2015, 11:54 PM
Westbrook
Durant
Ibaka
Kanter
Adams

:pimp:

RidonKs
03-16-2015, 12:01 AM
against anybody who tries to go small

westbrook
morrow or augustin
singler
durant
ibaka

is a truly deadly lineup. limitless range.

singler is a really level headed hard working dude who can shoot. hes not so quick to play the two for long stretches, but he works incredibly well on this team as a stretch forward. draygawd he aint, but hes still got bulk to help on the glass.

starting and finishing games with kanter over adams would be a huge mistake imo. especially against bully lineups that will be trotted out in the west. warriors, grizzlies, clippers, rockets (w/ dwight). adams is the ex-factor against those teams.

kanter should get 20 minutes or so. great post player but the lack of enthusiasm from utah towards this guy is making sense. he's not a consistent threat from beyond 15 ft. he seems like a willing defender, but he's not a smart one. loses track of his man, loses track of the ball. doesn't have much of a body to make things tough, and what he does have he doesn't use well. thats why adams and collison, with less offensive responsibilities, are important. they do not make those mistakes.

good god this team is fking deep. part of me wants to see them at their best. that would mean

- benching waiters
- limiting roberson to short stints of balls out defense
- starting morrow
- limiting kanter to short stints of exploiting post matchups (a number of backup bigs in the west would be at his mercy; big baby and aminu for starters, even savvier guys like aminu and diaw will have a hard time)

westbrook (36) / augustin (18)
morrow (30) / roberson (12)
durant (36) / singler (18)
ibaka (30) / collison (12)
adams (30) / kanter (18)

something like that, subject to matchups and with the big three getting more burn if necessary.

but the other part of me wants to see scott brooks fail and get his ass served like we all know he deserved. dont bail this pie head out with sheer talent, please oh please. im hoping he doesn't have the balls to sit waiters and kanter during, who are both high profile scorers with an expectation for shots and touches. kanter doesn't fit in the starting lineup, and waiters doesn't fit at all. if he plays them at the expense of more favourable fits like singler and morrow and adams, and gets fked out of the playoffs for it in the first round, i will be very happy.

plus, everybody wants to see dion get the start, 25 minutes, and 14 shots per game... right? who wouldn't want to see THAT?

NZStreetBaller
03-16-2015, 12:08 AM
waiters and jr smith are very similar players. they are either a great asset when they're on or a great liability when they're off. thats what makes them great 6th mans. if they show signs of sucking just pull em off

DatAsh
03-16-2015, 12:23 AM
How is it possible that Waiters only gets 1 more shot per game on OKC opposed to the Cavs, despite playing 4 more MPG? And this is a team with their star player injured... WTF? I mean I get he's terrible and only shooting 37% but he's getting less shots per 36 and much lower %.

Meanwhile, JR smith has 13 pts at the half with 3/4 3 pt shooting. So glad Cleveland got rid of that cancer. JR smith has been a blessing

JR Smith and Mozgov completely changed the Cavs. Such a great trade for the Cavs.

SillyRabbit
03-16-2015, 03:55 AM
waiters and jr smith are very similar players. they are either a great asset when they're on or a great liability when they're off. thats what makes them great 6th mans. if they show signs of sucking just pull em off

As an OKC fan, JR Smith is much better than Dion Waiters.

Dion will never be a 6MOY.

Dragic4Life
03-16-2015, 03:56 AM
No excuses.