PDA

View Full Version : Is current Miami better than last season?

iamgine
03-18-2015, 02:56 AM
Last season:

PG Chalmers
SG Wade
SF Battier
PF Lebron
C Bosh

6th: Ray Allen

This season:

PG Dragic
SG Wade
SF Deng
PF Bosh
C Whiteside

6th: Chalmers

Granted their record this season isn't so good but we have to consider injuries, adjusting to new players and the fact that Dragic and Whiteside only joined late. Do you think the team itself is better than last season?

dubeta
03-18-2015, 02:58 AM
Yes.

No excuses...

Timmy D for MVP
03-18-2015, 03:00 AM
Idk...

Are they going to make the Finals?

Bodhi
03-18-2015, 03:10 AM
Yes

If they don't make the finals it's a major knock on Wade's legacy

iamgine
03-18-2015, 03:12 AM
Idk...

Are they going to make the Finals?
Depends if they can overcome those issues and beat an even more juggernaut team in Cleveland Cavaliers.

Genaro
03-18-2015, 04:15 AM
Battier played PF.

I think we will never know the answer since this year's team haven't had the opportunity to play together but I would take 14 since they had Lebron who was better than anyone from this year. Wade also played only 60 games last year so it's not like they were healthy either.

I think that at the top Heat was better last year but this year they addressed some weakness like a rebounding/rim protector center and a good PG so the team overall talent might be higher.

2swift4u
03-18-2015, 07:01 AM
Battier played PF.

I think we will never know the answer since this year's team haven't had the opportunity to play together but I would take 14 since they had Lebron who was better than anyone from this year. Wade also played only 60 games last year so it's not like they were healthy either.

I think that at the top Heat was better last year but this year they addressed some weakness like a rebounding/rim protector center and a good PG so the team overall talent might be higher.

this. I think they have a pretty good team now. They managed to find a true Center and a talented PG. Two things they were missing badly during the Big 3 era. Deng is a good replacement for Bron (at least on the defensive end of the floor) However Bosh is out and you never know how much Wade can give you considering his injuries. If the whole team was healthy they maybe could be even better than the 11-14 team.

Papaya Petee
03-18-2015, 07:30 AM
Yes, especially because Bosh is killing it with this new lineup right now.... :facepalm

LEFT4DEAD
03-18-2015, 07:32 AM
Replacing Lebron with Deng/Dragic/Whiteside/McRoberts and going to 35-40win season from 54win season.
Dat impact. :bowdown:

But, no excuses doe.

K Xerxes
03-18-2015, 07:49 AM
No. LeBron's ability to turn not-so-good teams into title contenders is pretty amazing. His ability to turn title contenders into perenial winners (ala the GOAT) is lacking however.

Dresta
03-18-2015, 08:22 AM
Replacing Lebron with Deng/Dragic/Whiteside/McRoberts and going to 35-40win season from 54win season.

But, no excuses doe.
Whiteside/Bosh and Wade have only played a total of 80 minutes together this season, but in those minutes they've outscored opponents by 20 points per 100 possessions.

They also wiped the floor with Chicago and the Clippers, away from home, in the games they got to play together. This was before the addition of Dragic. So yeah, attributing that all to Lebron shows what an utter retard you are. No wonder a fanatical muslim is also a Lebron fanatic. What a surprise that is! :rolleyes:

Both teams being healthy, the present Miami one is superior, clearly. It can play defense and rebound for a start.

Trollsmasher
03-18-2015, 08:24 AM

But, no excuses doe.
:applause:

ButterFace
03-18-2015, 10:27 AM
If they had LeBron with that team, yes.

tamaraw08
03-18-2015, 10:53 AM
I've been rooting for the Heat evesince James left them but I just can't/don't trust Wade being there, playing all playoff games without suffering any injury.
This guy the past 5 years constantly get unavailable after playing 10 straight games or so. I hate to say it but after watching him lead the Heat to victory over the Cavs, I expect him to miss games after 4 more games. :(

r15mohd
03-18-2015, 11:00 AM
Whiteside/Bosh and Wade have only played a total of 80 minutes together this season, but in those minutes they've outscored opponents by 20 points per 100 possessions.

They also wiped the floor with Chicago and the Clippers, away from home, in the games they got to play together. This was before the addition of Dragic. So yeah, attributing that all to Lebron shows what an utter retard you are. No wonder a fanatical muslim is also a Lebron fanatic. What a surprise that is! :rolleyes:

Both teams being healthy, the present Miami one is superior, clearly. It can play defense and rebound for a start.

still don't see this team outplaying the 2014 Heat. even with the injured Wade and a mediocre Bosh last year, Miami did well against some elite teams in the NBA during the 2013-14 season.

the 2014 Heat beat front court dominant teams like Indiana, Clips, and Grizz, who are overall a better team last year than a completely healthy 2015 Heat.

the Heat's small-ball approach, with Lebron at the 4, has proven to be an issue for most teams not named Spurs...so no reason to think the 2015 Heat are better when the 2014 Heat have handled similarly built teams last year

r15mohd
03-18-2015, 11:09 AM
I've been rooting for the Heat evesince James left them but I just can't/don't trust Wade being there, playing all playoff games without suffering any injury.
This guy the past 5 years constantly get unavailable after playing 10 straight games or so. I hate to say it but after watching him lead the Heat to victory over the Cavs, I expect him to miss games after 4 more games. :(

that's the thing with Wade...he's injury prone, and can only give you spurts now. it's why I don't see this 2015 Heat team as a threat in the playoffs. of course a game here/there will have him shining, he is an elite player when he's on. However, you need health on your side to make a true impact, and for Wade, health has been his biggest enemy since 2011-12

that's the reality of it...many can deny it all they want but history proves it for him, and he's yet to show he can be healthy long enough to withstand a deep playoff run without having to sit out or be completely ineffective during a series, most of a series

SwayDizzle
03-18-2015, 11:12 AM
there's no way in hell a team without leBJ (a top 10 GOAT) would be better off without him.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-18-2015, 11:15 AM
Sure, on paper. You don't play games on paper :hammerhead: