PDA

View Full Version : Christians, what do you think about this man's theory? (about hell)

Doomsday Dallas
03-18-2015, 05:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydOOCJAigPc

It's a 17 minute video ... please give it a chance... I would've changed a few minor things about the way he presents his theory,... but towards the end when he discusses the location of the lake of fire, it was kind of an eye opener for me.

my opinion, I think he's right....

(If you're really short on time... you might be able to get away with skipping the first 10 minutes)

I'm sorry, but this theory does explain a few things to me personally as to why this symbol is used so frequently subliminally by the occult.

bash away...

The Iron Sheik
03-18-2015, 05:19 PM
i know this is off topic but personally, i've never really seen the point in debating what happens after we die. there's nothing we can do to avoid it (death) so we should just accept it for what it is.

i mean, hell could be like permanent sleep paralysis. what if hinduism and buddhism are right in that reincarnation exists and that's what hell is: continually being reborn and unable to pass on the afterlife? it's fun to speculate but pointless to worry about continually.

Doomsday Dallas
03-18-2015, 05:47 PM
it's fun to speculate but pointless to worry about continually.

Yea, I'm just having fun with this...

and I thought it was interesting, if you believe hell exists, that it's quite possible you've been looking right at it everyday of your life.

(actually in the video, and in the Bible, it explains that hell and the lake of fire are two separate things)

Rodmantheman
03-19-2015, 01:29 AM
It fvkin creeps me out/blows my mind that people believe in god and the afterlife

I mean believing in a vague creator of the universe...OK whatever

Everything else gives me the fvkin creeps man

https://38.media.tumblr.com/1ab3b468ba85d700cdc3cfab5d3aff1e/tumblr_mu1tca74lx1sht10qo1_500.gif

RoseCity07
03-19-2015, 03:13 AM
You can't describe heaven or hell with words that don't already reference ideas and tangible objects in the world. I find this really interesting. There is almost no use for the idea of heaven or hell other than to scare the sh*t out of people you want to control. Ask someone that just got dumped by the love of their life what hell is. Ask someone that just got married to the love of their life what heaven is. There is no need for an afterlife reward or punishment. The worst and best you can experience happens on this planet.

The idea of heaven and hell are all just humans wanting to be immortal. They can't accept not existing. Even though we didn't exist for an infinite amount of time before this life, as far as we know.

NZStreetBaller
03-19-2015, 05:50 AM
I just consider life as a gift... who gives a *** wat u do when u die. What are u gna do with ur life right now

Patrick Chewing
03-19-2015, 10:18 PM
It fvkin creeps me out/blows my mind that people believe in god and the afterlife

I mean believing in a vague creator of the universe...OK whatever

Everything else gives me the fvkin creeps man

What makes you wiser than thousands of years of religious history? Do you think it's coincidence that civilizations years and miles apart from one another all worshiped a deity?

I'm not trying to prove to you that there is a God or an afterlife, just trying to say that it's pretty ignorant to not be able to comprehend why people believe it. If believing in God was just a fad, it would have ended 2000 years ago don't ya think?

Nowitness
03-19-2015, 11:19 PM
What makes you wiser than thousands of years of religious history? Do you think it's coincidence that civilizations years and miles apart from one another all worshiped a deity?

I'm not trying to prove to you that there is a God or an afterlife, just trying to say that it's pretty ignorant to not be able to comprehend why people believe it. If believing in God was just a fad, it would have ended 2000 years ago don't ya think?

One of the few things Freud got right. It is a fairly simply term which summarized religious belief;

Wish Fulfillment. There is a reason most Atheist will tell you what it would take to make them belief, and a reason why few religious people will tell you what it would take to make the end their belief.

Jung also had great insight. Myth reveals universal truths which are embedded in our cultural minds, myth represents them.

~primetime~
03-19-2015, 11:29 PM
One of the few things Freud got right. It is a fairly simply term which summarized religious belief;

Wish Fulfillment. There is a reason most Atheist will tell you what it would take to make them belief, and a reason why few religious people will tell you what it would take to make the end their belief.

Jung also had great insight. Myth reveals universal truths which are embedded in our cultural minds, myth represents them.
It's not wish fulfillment for most, religion was imbedded in their heads by their parents, they had faith way before they could comprehend what they wished happened. Religion is merely a tool humans use to explain our existence. "HELL" is not "wish fulfillment". If religion was just what we wish happened then every religion would require women to be naked 24/7 and give blow jobs on command.

Nowitness
03-19-2015, 11:35 PM
It's not wish fulfillment for most, religion was imbedded in their heads by their parents, they had faith way before they could comprehend what they wished happened. Religion is merely a tool humans use to explain our existence. "HELL" is not "wish fulfillment". If religion was just what we wish happened then every religion would require women to be naked 24/7 and give blow jobs on command.

The definition of faith is belief without evidence. It is folly to say that there is any-other reason that people believed other than believing in what they wanted to happen.

Of course Hell is wish fulfillment. A tool used to get people to follow hanus rules simply because the creators disliked them. Few people believe they will go to hell. In actual fact, I've never met anyone who concedes that.

~primetime~
03-19-2015, 11:50 PM
The definition of faith is belief without evidence. It is folly to say that there is any-other reason that people believed other than believing in what they wanted to happen.

Of course Hell is wish fulfillment. A tool used to get people to follow hanus rules simply because the creators disliked them. Few people believe they will go to hell. In actual fact, I've never met anyone who concedes that.
Lol what? A tool used to get people to follow =/= wish fulfillment.

Mayans ripped out hearts for their gods, that is just secretly what they wanted to happen?

Religion has for the most part always been a tool to just explain everything, explain what the sun and moon are, and how they got there. What the stars are, etc. Before science we had to make sense of these things. Science has yet to explain how anything exists, how the big bang happened, so until then it must be god.

DonDadda59
03-20-2015, 01:26 AM
1) This guy owes Kurt Cobain's estate money for his plagiarism bullshit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT1BuLYt2RU

2) This guy's theory is Jesus = Superman from Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, hurling nigguhs into the sun and shit :oldlol:

http://nerdsontherocks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/iv.gif

:facepalm

The Iron Sheik
03-20-2015, 01:31 AM
Lake of fire?

http://i.imgur.com/CW1p6.png

Looks like a correct theory.

i think you mean this http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141205210949/yugioh/images/thumb/f/fc/FireLakeoftheBurningAbyss-NECH-EN-SR-LE.png/300px-FireLakeoftheBurningAbyss-NECH-EN-SR-LE.png

Smoke117
03-20-2015, 01:34 AM
If there actually is a hell (There isn't.) it's probably cold, not hot. That makes a lot more sense. (as far as there is sense in make believe)

John Tesh
03-20-2015, 02:39 AM
https://38.media.tumblr.com/1ab3b468ba85d700cdc3cfab5d3aff1e/tumblr_mu1tca74lx1sht10qo1_500.gif

Thanks for the nightmares.