PDA

View Full Version : Mystery TV Shows

ArbitraryWater
03-18-2015, 05:52 PM
Which are the best Mystery Shows?

I'd imagine in conention are X-Files/Twilight Zone/Unsolved Mysteries/Twin Peaks?!

Imdb has:

x-Files: Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi
Twilight Zone: Fantasy, Horror, Mystery
Unsolved Mysteries: Crime, Drama, Horror
Twin Peaks: Drama, Mystery, Thriller

All around 9.0 rating but Unsolved Mysteries at 8.4.

Im Still Ballin
03-18-2015, 05:57 PM
There was this dope british mini-series I watched a couple years ago

Really really good

I'll try to remember it

Had filch from harry potter in it

Im Still Ballin
03-18-2015, 06:00 PM
Yeah it's called Broadchurch

I only saw the first season, at the time there were no plans for more seasons but obviously thats changed

But yeah watch season 1 of Broadchurch

Avoid spoilers its a great mystery who dunnit

And it's british so the acting is top notch

Lebron23
03-18-2015, 06:02 PM
Fantasy, Horror, Science, and Mystery

Tales from the Darkside
Night Gallery
Outer Limits

For Kids and Early Teens

Are you Afraid of the Dark??
Goose Bumps

Horror

Masters Of Horror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33U_uWOOmN0

alenleomessi
03-18-2015, 06:02 PM
try bates motel, season 3 just started so you have a lot to catch up
its a bit weird and cringe-worthy at times though.. not many better shows out there so..

ArbitraryWater
03-18-2015, 06:05 PM
Oh, and the only one which I really consistently saw of these is "Beyond Belief - Fact or Fiction"..

Just seing that it doesn't seem to be very popular... "only" 8.0 rating and just 2 k users voted. Everyone knows it in Germany though lol.

Thorpesaurous
03-18-2015, 06:06 PM
Yeah it's called Broadchurch

I only saw the first season, at the time there were no plans for more seasons but obviously thats changed

But yeah watch season 1 of Broadchurch

Avoid spoilers its a great mystery who dunnit

And it's british so the acting is top notch

I haven't seen it, but I heard there's an American version of Broadchurch that's actually good too.

Luther is also good from The BBC.

True Detective is the first thing I think of.

And believe it or not season one of True Blood has a great mystery element.

ArbitraryWater
03-18-2015, 06:07 PM
try bates motel, season 3 just started so you have a lot to catch up
its a bit weird and cringe-worthy at times though.. not many better shows out there so..

I got something I'm watching right now (Mad Men), and too much I wanted to check out afterwards, or was recommeneded to me, like Death Note, Deadwood, Lost..

Suguru101
03-18-2015, 07:08 PM
Are You Afraid of The Dark is the GOAT kid's mystery show.

It's not even close.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t273/blackparade22/AfraidOfTheDark01.gif

ArbitraryWater
03-19-2015, 05:07 PM
no moe post here?

gigantes
03-19-2015, 06:21 PM
columbo
poirot
inspector morse
sherlock
outer limits
etc etc

IMDB ratings are just pop ratings. they are often terrible and should usually be ignored if you're looking for real quality. metacritic, rotten tomatoes and such are much more the way to go.

qrich
03-19-2015, 06:33 PM
Beyond Belief is tops.

Funny story about Outer Limits tho. Had my brothers and my girls nephews visiting us one time, had Outer Limits playing on the TV in the room they were sleeping in while we were playing Hold Em in the living room. Some drunk chick knocks on the door saying "Mom let me in" blah blah, wrong apartment obviously. Was with like three dudes. Seconds later, we here "Get off me, get off me", and thought she was getting raped or something. Shit was the TV that we forgot was on :facepalm

Oh, and the only one which I really consistently saw of these is "Beyond Belief - Fact or Fiction"..

Just seing that it doesn't seem to be very popular... "only" 8.0 rating and just 2 k users voted. Everyone knows it in Germany though lol.

GOAT Tier :bowdown:

Are You Afraid of The Dark is the GOAT kid's mystery show.

It's not even close.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t273/blackparade22/AfraidOfTheDark01.gif

That phone police episode.

ArbitraryWater
03-20-2015, 06:47 AM
columbo
poirot
inspector morse
sherlock
outer limits
etc etc

IMDB ratings are just pop ratings. they are often terrible and should usually be ignored if you're looking for real quality. metacritic, rotten tomatoes and such are much more the way to go.

Yeah IMDB can overrate the shit out of stuff, but I find myself agreeing with them alot, rotten tomatos %'s are flawed, also.

gigantes
03-20-2015, 02:57 PM
Yeah IMDB can overrate the shit out of stuff, but I find myself agreeing with them alot, rotten tomatos %'s are flawed, also.
nothing's perfect, but rotten tomatoes is professional reviewers putting some thought in to the process... not some user who knows how to click a mouse button.

that's just me, tho.