Heilige
03-18-2015, 10:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0faIzE0TSJA

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2737756/thumbs/o-MARTESE-JOHNSON-570.jpg?7

He had a fake ID

I wonder what the full story is.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-18-2015, 10:26 PM
how bout the mental dude getting gunned down right on camera? that was way worse..

RightToCensor
03-18-2015, 11:08 PM
UPDATE: People are going crazy about this, protesting all the day. VCU student even ran a protest in Richmond. It'll be interesting what UVA's CBB team does in protest.

The dude who got assaulted was an honor student, he addressed the crowd and told them to peacefully halt the protests.

There is a serious beef between the African-American community around the nation vs. Police Officers. Barack Obama needs to address this or more lives will be endangered. How many more innocent black people will get assaulted and how many innocent police officers will get killed?

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-18-2015, 11:16 PM
People need to stop resisting arrest, which he clearly was. I don't really have sympathy for that kid especially since the video doesn't show how his face got bloody. Could have been a small cut from the cement or something because he refused to cooperate. The media is making you think the cops beat the sh!t out of him which I don't think is the case.

Jameerthefear
03-18-2015, 11:23 PM
People need to stop resisting arrest, which he clearly was. I don't really have sympathy for that kid especially since the video doesn't show how his face got bloody. Could have been a small cut from the cement or something because he refused to cooperate. The media is making you think the cops beat the sh!t out of him which I don't think is the case.
Found a bootlicker

RightToCensor
03-18-2015, 11:24 PM
He got eight stitches. The cop allegedly smashed his head on the concrete trying to pin him down.

What happened to just telling the man to put his hands behind his back and telling him he's arrested. Why do cops have to pin guys down nowadays.

The UVA student is hefty and was with two girls, so I'd doubt he'd run and its unlikely he'd put up a fight vs. two officers.

The main issues the African-American community has against officers is the constant use of excessive force. They shot a mentally challenged adult with a screw driver in his hand who was inside his doorway, fifteen feet from the officers. What is wrong with Police Officers these days?

Jameerthefear
03-18-2015, 11:26 PM
>dude77 will defend this

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-18-2015, 11:34 PM
He got eight stitches. The cop elligidally smashed his head on the concrete trying to pin him down.

What happened to just telling the man to put his hands behind his back and telling him he's arrested. Why do cops have to pin guys down nowadays.

The UVA student is hefty and was with two girls, so I'd doubt he'd run and its unlikely he'd put up a fight vs. two officers.

The main issues the African-American community has against officers is the constant use of excessive force. They shot a mentally challenged adult with a screw driver in his hand who was inside his doorway, fifteen feet from the officers. What is wrong with Police Officers these days?

oh yeah, i forgot about the stitches :facepalm

RightToCensor
03-18-2015, 11:37 PM
There's no defense for the officers on this one. I'm pleased with the UVA community and VCU community for coming together and protesting this matter for a common student being wronged by officials.

Patrick Chewing
03-18-2015, 11:39 PM
how bout the mental dude getting gunned down right on camera? that was way worse..

After seeing all these shootings, it is quite obvious that the problem is not the skin color of the cop or the skin color of the perpetrator, but the procedure that is being taught throughout all law enforcement agencies out there on how to handle a perceived threat. There is no way someone should get gunned down and die for holding a screw driver in their hand.

NumberSix
03-19-2015, 04:35 AM
There's no defense for the officers on this one. I'm pleased with the UVA community and VCU community for coming together and protesting this matter for a common student being wronged by officials.
This^ is a very troubling mentality that is way too common these days.

You've already made up your mind despite the fact that the video begins with him on the ground with the cops trying to subdue him. We have no idea what lead up to that, so how can you have already decided whether it was justified or not?

dunksby
03-19-2015, 05:43 AM
Is pinning down suspects commonly practiced for any kind of arrest? I thought they exaggerated this shit on TV shows, American police seem like the biggest fans of excessive force.

BigNBAfan
03-19-2015, 05:47 AM
Is pinning down suspects commonly practiced for any kind of arrest? I thought they exaggerated this shit on TV shows, American police seem like the biggest fans of excessive force.

Rightfully so... have you seen crime statistics as a whole? They do not respect authority because the authority do not respect them. It's a big and growing problem there.

9erempiree
03-19-2015, 05:48 AM
Pinning down a guy on the ground meant that the officers had to subdue him. He was probably resisting arrest and the next thing to do is to take you down.

I bet he did something wrong. You guys are jumping to conclusions and later there is info on him something illegal.

He was calling the cops racist when we don't know if they are or not. He is playing the race card on the spot which may be premeditated on his part to act a fool.

BRabbiT
03-19-2015, 08:19 AM
yeah, that was excessive

PistonsFan#21
03-19-2015, 08:20 AM
Pinning down a guy on the ground meant that the officers had to subdue him. He was probably resisting arrest and the next thing to do is to take you down.

I bet he did something wrong. You guys are jumping to conclusions and later there is info on him something illegal.

He was calling the cops racist when we don't know if they are or not. He is playing the race card on the spot which may be premeditated on his part to act a fool.

:hammerhead:

:facepalm

:hammerhead:

Velocirap31
03-19-2015, 08:47 AM
Those campus police go nuts when they finally get something to do and they seem to go overboard. They beat up a guy at my school on camera a few years ago after he was caught entering classes he didn't enroll in.

Velocirap31
03-19-2015, 08:51 AM
If this shit is on the CNN homepage, I'm never going to it again.

Nope, terrorism shooting.

dude77
03-19-2015, 08:51 AM
- drunk in public and hurling threats at cops check

- cries racism right away upon being arrested(lol) .. something tells me this guy isn't the most cooperative little squirt whenever he's confronted by police

and last but not least .. once again black people defending this type of behavior .. why does this even surprise me when y'all glorify this type of shit with your degenerate 'hip hop' culture

oh and the governor of the freakin' state wants an investigation lol .. I'm surprised obama hasn't held a press conference ..

meanwhile some other white girl got raped and murdered yesterday by some negro :crickets:

I'm livin' in a twilight zone episode

dude77
03-19-2015, 08:54 AM
cnn didn't miss the chance to racialize the headline 'black va student bloodied in arrest' lol

dude77
03-19-2015, 09:03 AM
This isn't even a black/white problem you idiots. It's a black/police issue that has been a main topic in the nation media.

Excessive force is a huge problem. You've got people in the neighborhood watch and our own law enforcers jump to fatal retaliation before any serious threat is immanent.

lol .. police rough up white people all the time .. they rough up little old white ladies ffs .. only reason this is 'news' is because this idiot is black

dude77
03-19-2015, 09:08 AM
It's always news idiot. White, Black, old, young.

Your mind is just stuck in the gutter with racist beliefs.

dishonest troll

PistonsFan#21
03-19-2015, 09:25 AM
lol .. police rough up white people all the time .. they rough up little old white ladies ffs .. only reason this is 'news' is because this idiot is black

:lol

White people get the pepper spray or tazer treatment at worse. Black people get the gun treatment for reaching for their cars registration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaaeXIg9kSk

dude77
03-19-2015, 09:28 AM
:lol

White people get the pepper spray or tazer treatment at worse. Black people get the gun treatment for reaching for their cars registration

are you saying police don't shoot whites ? :facepalm lol

PistonsFan#21
03-19-2015, 09:35 AM
are you saying police don't shoot whites ? :facepalm lol

Ratio wise its not even close.

This is what happens when a white guys resist arrest and throws punches at an officer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCH77GJTsfI

You better believe that if he was black he'd be filled with bullet holes instead

DeuceWallaces
03-19-2015, 09:54 AM
I first read this as ****** Police.

Derka
03-19-2015, 10:12 AM
*yawn*

bagelred
03-19-2015, 11:06 AM
Once again, my guess is the black kid resisted arrest and refused police instruction. White people have figured out that when a cop asks you to do something, even if you disagree with him, you do it. Plain and simple.

Many of the black people who we see being hurt/detained/bloodied, etc. is because they aren't obeying police instructions or resisting arrest. Most of these incidents have nothing to do with race. It's lack of understanding that police have authority.

Even the Eric Garner thing. He was resisting arrest. Even if you don't agree with the arrest, you still have to cooperate. If you resist arrest, you are now forcing the cops to use some sort of force. I thought a headlock was pretty tame compared to what they could of done (use a gun, use baton, use of taser). It's like they were trying to subdue him in the least harmful way possible, but Garner was in such bad shape health wise, that the choke hold had repurcussions. But the irony is, that is usually one way to subdue someone with as little harm as possible...

Velocirap31
03-19-2015, 12:31 PM
I agree with RightTwoCensor

Raymone
03-19-2015, 12:35 PM
Why do they resist arrest? I don't get it. Has that ever worked in a person's favor?

Unless their intention by resisting and struggling is to cause a scene or force the officers to apply more force in an attempt to increase anti-police public sentiment. Hell, this could have been a completely calculated move by an anti-cop black student.

1. get drunk
2. get denied entrance to a bar
3. start a scene to lure police in
4. resist arrest
5. (optional) incur some superficial cuts by tapping your forehead on pavement
6. have friend start recording video when the cops begin to arrest you, after the wounds (not before)

Might be a bit conspiracy theory-y, but actually plausible.

Fudge
03-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Let's be real, NumberSix is a police officer IRL.

NumberSix
03-19-2015, 01:16 PM
Let's be real, NumberSix is a police officer IRL.
I'm not "defending" the police. I'm simply saying there's no sense in jumping to conclusions based on a video that begins after the most relevant part of the altercation. Do we even know what he was being arrested for?

warriorfan
03-19-2015, 01:25 PM
dont fucc with the police unless you are ready to deal with the consequences, fuccing crybaby mother fuccers "ooooh I was drunk and acting a fool and the cop was rough with me!!" fuccing snitches

Raymone
03-19-2015, 02:24 PM
It's natural to resist when someone is holding you against your will and is planning to take you to an unwanted place.

If that someone is a guy off the street, sure. But if it's a cop? No, my natural instinct would be to not needlessly escalate the situation by resisting an officer of the law, and instead simply deal with the situation at the station. Maybe with a lawyer at my side. You know, like a human being. Not an animal.

I mean really, if your instinct is to fight against a cop trying to arrest you, have some self-control.

HitandRun Reggie
03-19-2015, 02:43 PM
So black honor students are incapable of resisting arrest? :confusedshrug:

ThePhantomCreep
03-19-2015, 03:06 PM
Notice the problem is excessive force and not racism. If a white honor student had this happen to him the same campus protesters would be protesting.

These racist right-wing c0cksuckers would be up in arms too. They're only pro-police brutality if the violence is perpetrated on minorities.

robert de niro
03-19-2015, 03:46 PM
don't resist unless you are naked and know some ninja moves, also proof of how ineffective tasers are https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE0SYmIG9VQ

HitandRun Reggie
03-19-2015, 03:47 PM
These racist right-wing c0cksuckers would be up in arms too. They're only pro-police brutality if the violence is perpetrated on minorities.

:rolleyes:

Nobody ever has a problem with police taking down white people who resist arrest. It doesn't even make headlines because the media doesn't care either. Plus most of these "right wing c0cksuckers" on ISH were against the police putting Garner in a chokehold, even though he was black AND resisting arrest.

You got tunnel vision with swastikas and white hoods at the end. You don't know it but your pre-conceived notions about race and police prohibit you from thinking rationally.

Raymone
03-19-2015, 03:56 PM
If this were some drunk white frat boy resisting arrest, no I wouldn't be up in arms either.

qrich
03-19-2015, 06:20 PM
True Excessive Force (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FTPZK6Qmr0), though the drunken idiot shouldn't have walked up and challenged the officers.

This as well (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbD8fH7DnK0) is true excessive force. Chick is walking with her friends, to get to their car during a "riot", not even around where the majority of the people are, and gets pushed into a park bench by a baton.

As compared to a video that is just showing two officers attempting to subdue someone that is perceived to be a suspect of a crime that is clearly resisting, squirming and being uncooperative without any clear showing of any sort of intentional excessive force goes viral?

You can guess as to why.

qrich
03-19-2015, 06:26 PM
Obviously, and nowhere did I state most excessive, just excessive.

Causing someone to be paralyzed as well should be up there as the highest excessive force.