PDA

View Full Version : Cops show up at wrong house and shoot mans service dog

Heilige
03-19-2015, 11:34 AM
[QUOTE]A California man is demanding police accountability after an officer fatally shot his service dog in the head.

Ian Anderson of San Diego told The Huffington Post he was sleeping in his home when officers pounded on his door at 5 a.m. Sunday over a domestic disturbance call. The 24-year-old man said police had the wrong house.

The knocking woke up Anderson and his 6-year-old pit bull, Burberry, who started barking until Anderson opened the door for the officers.

In a surveillance video obtained by HuffPost, one of the officers can be seen petting the dog. Burberry then runs over to the other officer, who backs away, drawing his weapon. Burberry keeps following the officer, and seconds later -- off-screen -- the cop fatally shoots Burberry in the head.

"The first cop reached down to pet the dog," Anderson said. "Then the other cop yelled at [Burberry] to get aside."

The dog trotted over to the second officer "just to say hello."

"Instead of greeting the dog like anyone else would have, he jumps back, then shoots him," Anderson said.

In a video taken by Anderson's friend moments after the shooting, a cop who identifies himself as "Officer Bennett" declines to answer why he shot the dog. The officer asks Anderson to wait for a lieutenant to arrive.

Officer Jackson, who had previously pet the dog, appeared "seriously distraught," Anderson said.

HuffPost asked the San Diego Police Department for help in identifying the officers in the video. They were not able to do so by this article's deadline.

"It was the most inhumane event I

Theoo
03-19-2015, 11:40 AM
GODAMIT :( :( the talk about violince to black peoples and feminist but WHAT ABOUT THE DOGS .. damn shot to cold blood .. and the police officer well not even go to prison . god damit dog are mans best freind and police officer are no one freind so why the get away with these shit , motherfk**er specist peoples only give a fk** about human not dog , specist are just as big problem as racist , these are so beautiful dog he would have looked so good in sunglasses R.I.P

Velocirap31
03-19-2015, 11:47 AM
A trigger-happy US policeman, this is new. RIP Burberry. That man clearly loved his dog, poor guy.

imdaman99
03-19-2015, 11:52 AM
That's so sad. That pic of him lying with his dog :( :cry:

All dogs go to heaven and there has to be accountability for this trigger happy SOB.

Theoo
03-19-2015, 12:17 PM
i have save special pair of sunglasses for these dog when i see him to heaven

Fudge
03-19-2015, 12:22 PM
I hope that cop gets struck in the head 5 times in a gang shooting, and then gets decapitated by a scavenging serial killer.

Die young with a slow, painful death, you worthless pieces of shit.

gigantes
03-19-2015, 12:27 PM
why did they even enter the house in the first place?

first order of business-- "we heard there was a dispute at XX address. can you explain, and is this indeed XX address?"

"no...? okay, in that case zero reason to enter a house with a barking dog. good day, citizen."

:confusedshrug:

Derka
03-19-2015, 12:35 PM
Well this is a total bummer :(

John Tesh
03-19-2015, 01:20 PM
:(

highwhey
03-19-2015, 02:30 PM
Waiting for chief of police to comment "service dog was seen reaching for officer's weapon, after a brief struggle between officers and the dog, officer bennette fired his service weapon in a justifiable manner"

KingBeasley08
03-19-2015, 02:35 PM
Guy who shot it should spend the rest of his life in Guantanamo Bay :mad:

Velocirap31
03-19-2015, 02:35 PM
Waiting for chief of police to comment "service dog was seen reaching for officer's weapon, after a brief struggle between officers and the dog, officer bennette fired his service weapon in a justifiable manner"

Or this usual line, "After an internal review, it was determined that Officer Benette was justified in his actions."

HitandRun Reggie
03-19-2015, 02:40 PM
San Diego is fairly conservative but they have a lot of animal lovers. My guess this guy is going to get a huge payoff instead of dragging this out through civil court and keeping this incident fresh in the minds of residents.
It's only fair because if you shoot or attack a cop dog, it's almost the same as killing an officer. I even think they get something close to full burial honors

Lebron23
03-20-2015, 03:51 AM
This is a tragedy. RIP Dog.

tomtucker
03-20-2015, 04:06 AM
what kind of service dog was it ?

gigantes
03-20-2015, 05:20 AM
what kind of service dog was it ?
the kind that guides you towards the thread in question.

$LakerGold
03-20-2015, 05:42 AM
Wow... the pictures made my tear eyed.

Wrong address, shoots the dog, profit. Just not worth the money, unless it's over a mil. I'd ****ing kill the officer who shot my dog for that reason.

Bring taser guns next time, you ****s.

tomtucker
03-20-2015, 06:44 AM
the kind that guides you towards the thread in question.
http://abload.de/img/oooofgoq7kb5.gif

but seriously, what service did it provide the owner ? ......:confusedshrug:

tomtucker
03-20-2015, 06:49 AM
some other wievs on this matter :

. I don't see the issue here. I've watched the video several times and I can't tell if the first officer actually petted the dog or if the dog diverted his attention from the first officer onto the second before the petting. And how anyone can call that petting is beyond me by the first officer. It looks to me that the animal sniffed the first officer for a second, if that, then ran and jumped up towards the second officers torso several times.

I would bet that if that same dog was jumping up towards any of our chests we wouldn't be thinking that fido just wanted a kiss. I realize I may be biased. I have no love lost for pit bulls or the pit bull community. Pit bulls are nothing more than a status dog of the moment. Unfortunately too many shitty people selling them to shitty owners. The pit bull community needs to realize they will not clean up the perception of the breed until they clean up themselves from within.

El Kabong
03-20-2015, 09:35 AM
some other wievs on this matter :

. I don't see the issue here. I've watched the video several times and I can't tell if the first officer actually petted the dog or if the dog diverted his attention from the first officer onto the second before the petting. And how anyone can call that petting is beyond me by the first officer. It looks to me that the animal sniffed the first officer for a second, if that, then ran and jumped up towards the second officers torso several times.

I would bet that if that same dog was jumping up towards any of our chests we wouldn't be thinking that fido just wanted a kiss. I realize I may be biased. I have no love lost for pit bulls or the pit bull community. Pit bulls are nothing more than a status dog of the moment. Unfortunately too many shitty people selling them to shitty owners. The pit bull community needs to realize they will not clean up the perception of the breed until they clean up themselves from within.
Sounds like that could apply to the cops too.

highwhey
03-20-2015, 12:48 PM
Sounds like that could apply to the cops too.
:applause:

9erempiree
03-20-2015, 03:20 PM
Wow. While it is sad what happened but I see a lot more sympathy for the owner and the dog than I normally would for a human, in regards to these "officer shooting" threads.

Smoke117
03-20-2015, 03:23 PM
What a ****ing asshole. :biggums: I would have socked him right in the mouth and not given a shit about the repercussions.

9erempiree
03-20-2015, 03:26 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/410902/slide_410902_5172620_compressed.jpg

Is this the picture of the dog after getting shot?

He's lying in a pool of blood?

It's time.....
http://cdn.indiewire.com/dims4/INDIEWIRE/9f70b1f/2147483647/thumbnail/680x478/quality/75/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fd1oi7t5trwfj5d.cloudfront.net%2F d0%2Fb9%2Ffa45d33046f3a8e781cc94d472a2%2Fjohn-wick.jpg

dunksby
03-20-2015, 04:13 PM
Do cops ever have some degree of defensive wounds to show for it in such cases, animal or human? Most of the time the victim is badly injured or dead while the cop in question has no scratch on him. How could anyone justify that the cop's life was in danger so much that he had to shoot the dog in the head?

LJJ
03-20-2015, 04:18 PM
Dog had his ears cut straight off his head by the owner.

Little tip: if you don't want people to see your dog as an aggressive attack dog, don't do horrific stuff like cut off the dogs ears for the sole purpose of making the dog look like a murdering machine. Because that's the only purpose torturing the dog and cutting off the dogs ears has.

Lessons to be learned for everyone in this story.

chosen_one6
03-21-2015, 02:36 PM
I work with this guy. What are the chances...

BRabbiT
03-21-2015, 02:56 PM
overreaction:wtf:

joe
03-21-2015, 03:02 PM
This is ridiculous. So sad. This cop should lose his badge, period.

BRabbiT
03-21-2015, 03:05 PM
Surveillance Video (http://timesofsandiego.com/life/2015/03/19/protests-over-police-shooting-of-dog-grow/)

that was unnecessary. smfh

Bosnian Sajo
03-21-2015, 03:43 PM
Can we get a you have to be a cop for 5 years and prove you're competent before you get a gun law?

This...this is actually a pretty terrific idea :applause:

SCREWstonRockets
03-21-2015, 04:36 PM
Surveillance Video (http://timesofsandiego.com/life/2015/03/19/protests-over-police-shooting-of-dog-grow/)

that was unnecessary. smfh

wow worst than I thought. dog didn't even jump at him, came towards him to sniff, cop was acting like a ***** and started getting scared and moving back, dog followed him of course and then shot him smh. By reaction of the first officer, dog did not look like a threat.

tomtucker
03-22-2015, 02:58 PM
Dog had his ears cut straight off his head by the owner.

Little tip: if you don't want people to see your dog as an aggressive attack dog, don't do horrific stuff like cut off the dogs ears for the sole purpose of making the dog look like a murdering machine. Because that's the only purpose torturing the dog and cutting off the dogs ears has.

Lessons to be learned for everyone in this story.

it

christian1923
03-23-2015, 01:56 AM
lmao wow.

Cops are a got damn joke.

oh the horror
03-23-2015, 02:24 AM
Obviously that man shouldn't have a gun.

BRabbiT
03-23-2015, 03:24 AM
Nobodys answered the question. What kind of "service dog" was this? Because guarding your meth lab isn't offering a service

read the article if you're at all curious about the main points.

[QUOTE]
... the officers could hear Burberry growling & see him trying to move past Anderson & toward them, according to police.