PDA

View Full Version : How is Harden not MVP with weak cast and Mcfail

Eric Cartman
03-19-2015, 05:07 PM
The problem is blowing my mind, far and away the most valuable player in the league considering who he's surrounded with.

Curry has a COTY and a stacked cast. It would be a travesty if Curry gets it.

Lebronxrings
03-19-2015, 05:10 PM
Lebron too. It just seems like mvp is for the player on the best team, not the most valuable player.

Genaro
03-19-2015, 05:16 PM
I'm tired of this "Rockets supporting cast is weak" mantra.
Yes, Curry has a better supporting cast but let's not act like Rockets is some ultra shit level.
Brewer, Josh, Ariza, Beverley and Motiejunas are all good players. Good defenders and shooters (that's what you need to be next to Harden)
D-Mo has a nice post game as well.

Milbuck
03-19-2015, 05:19 PM
Yes, Curry has a better supporting cast but let's not act like Rockets is some ultra shit level.
Brewer, Josh, Ariza, Beverley and Motiejunas are all good players. Good defenders and shooters (that's what you need to be next to Harden)
THIS

UK2K
03-19-2015, 05:44 PM
So good Detroit paid him $30m to go away. That good.

Smoke117
03-19-2015, 05:49 PM
He clearly is the MVP. Many of the clowns here had the Rockets not even making the playoffs, but here they are the 3rd seed in the west with Howard having missed more than half the games thus far this season.

theaussieguy
03-19-2015, 05:59 PM
Implying Beverly isn't a future all star and that Ariza never won a ring. Houston is stacked.

John Tesh
03-19-2015, 06:24 PM
Rockets have a pretty stacked team. Only Harden fans deny this.

LoneyROY7
03-19-2015, 06:28 PM
Implying Beverly isn't a future all star and that Ariza never won a ring. Houston is stacked.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Eric Cartman
03-19-2015, 06:29 PM
Are we gonna sweep under the rug how terrible a coach Mcfail is?

That's the go to excuse for OKC fans shitting on Brooks so their boys don't catch the blame, same with lebronites with spo/blatt.

His cast are solid role players at best, inconsistent as hell too.

Remember when people were calling J Smith a cancer? Harden turned that cancer into a solid player. Makes everyone else around him better.

J Shuttlesworth
03-19-2015, 06:46 PM
Let's not forget Harden is doing it all without his 2nd best player

gts
03-19-2015, 07:16 PM
Let's not forget Harden is doing it all without his 2nd best player:wtf: Ariza has been playing

Oh that dwight guy....meh, obviously not that important

KungFuJoe
03-19-2015, 07:17 PM
Houston is STACKED. They're the Hawks of the West...except they have a bonafide superstar in Harden.

McFail is the reason why they aren't doing better.

J Shuttlesworth
03-19-2015, 07:18 PM
:wtf: Ariza has been playing

Oh that dwight guy....meh, obviously not that important
Yeah they are both elite defenders, but Dwight gives you 16/11, and was their best player in the playoffs last year

brantonli
03-19-2015, 07:20 PM
Houston is STACKED. They're the Hawks of the West...except they have a bonafide superstar in Harden.

McFail is the reason why they aren't doing better.

The Rockets are almost the opposite of the Hawks. The Hawks actually share the ball around while Houston's offence is essentially James Harden. We literally run the same few plays every time, Harde PnR or D-Mo post up. Everybody else, just concentrate on shooting threes.

KungFuJoe
03-19-2015, 07:27 PM
The Rockets are almost the opposite of the Hawks. The Hawks actually share the ball around while Houston's offence is essentially James Harden. We literally run the same few plays every time, Harde PnR or D-Mo post up. Everybody else, just concentrate on shooting threes.

I meant in terms of having a bunch of really good/solid players.

Ariza
Brewer
Terry
DMo
TJones
Beverley
Smith

Even a solid guy like KPap gets buried on the bench because he can't find playing time.

Yeah, their offense sucks because they have a clueless coach.

Look...if Harden wins the MVP, I won't lose any sleep. But, I still think Curry, being the best player (by a considerable margin) on the best team in the NBA should win the MVP.

warriorfan
03-19-2015, 08:43 PM

Is this a result of "McFail?" Or is it a result of a Harden ball dominated offense?

MVP for best player on best team? Or MVP for a dude who has 30% of his total career points come from free throws, on a team that has depth but for some reason can't put it together.

bobopenguin
03-19-2015, 08:59 PM
because he is james-whistle-harden

ralph_i_el
03-19-2015, 09:54 PM
The Rocket's D is better than their O, and the D is not something I'll credit to Harden.

disel
03-19-2015, 10:24 PM
45 points 10 boards 4 assists on 11-24 shooting. harden is not fair

Eric Cartman
03-19-2015, 10:27 PM
45 points 10 boards 4 assists on 11-24 shooting. harden is not fair

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

disel
03-19-2015, 10:31 PM
50 Points 10 Boards 4 Assists

Thunderfan86
03-19-2015, 10:33 PM
50 Points 10 Boards 4 Assists
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

Dresta
03-20-2015, 07:33 AM
Are we gonna sweep under the rug how terrible a coach Mcfail is?

That's the go to excuse for OKC fans shitting on Brooks so their boys don't catch the blame, same with lebronites with spo/blatt.

His cast are solid role players at best, inconsistent as hell too.

Remember when people were calling J Smith a cancer? Harden turned that cancer into a solid player. Makes everyone else around him better.
He's not a terrible coach, and never was. The Houston fans on here are just illogical *****.

If Mchale was such a terrible coach, and Harden's supporting cast so bad, then they wouldn't be winning games when Harden shoots 4 of 21 (and many other terrible shooting games which his team won in spite of).

dunksby
03-20-2015, 08:17 AM
Can somebody explain to me how McHale is a bad coach? I remember him embarrassing the great Doc Rivers just a few days ago in LAC. Don't forget Terrence Jones who is the X-factor on the team, especially important since Dwight is out. The Rockets are 18-7 with him playing, his offensive rebounding and finishing helps them a lot. He is putting up 15/9 on 54% post All-star, and get this, he shoots 54% when the margin is less than 5 points and 57% when there is less than 3 minutes is left in a quarter.

rezznor
03-20-2015, 06:50 PM
Can somebody explain to me how McHale is a bad coach? I remember him embarrassing the great Doc Rivers just a few days ago in LAC. Don't forget Terrence Jones who is the X-factor on the team, especially important since Dwight is out. The Rockets are 18-7 with him playing, his offensive rebounding and finishing helps them a lot. He is putting up 15/9 on 54% post All-star, and get this, he shoots 54% when the margin is less than 5 points and 57% when there is less than 3 minutes is left in a quarter.
His offenses are simplistic and predictable. He will be out coached in playoffs. If it wasn't for Harden this team would be in the lottery.

Tking714
03-20-2015, 07:28 PM

what