PDA

View Full Version : How come everyone shits on Harden for getting to the line so much, but not Westbrook?

J Shuttlesworth
03-20-2015, 11:35 PM
Westbrook tonight with 17 free throws, last game was 22. I have nothing against Westbrook or Harden getting to the line, but ISH seems to have a giant problem when Harden gets 20+ FTs

Westbrook averages 9.7 FTA per game, Harden: 10.0 FTA

Something tells me if Harden had Westbrook's performance tonight (8-24 shooting, 6 TOs, but the trip dub), people would be shitting on it. I mean people had an issue when Harden got 50/10 the other night because he got like 22 pts off free throws or some shit. I remember people bitching when Harden put up 38/12/12 with 16 FTs.... nearly exactly what Westbrook put up tonight.

Why the double standard?

That said, props to Westbrook for a ridiculous performance on the 2nd best team in the league (demoralize those damn hawks :bowdown: )

christian1923
03-20-2015, 11:38 PM
Cause westbrooks game is awesome, and hardens can be boring.

bdreason
03-20-2015, 11:38 PM
Westbrook doesn't flop.

dabigbaws
03-20-2015, 11:39 PM
westbrook should be getting more free throws. refs hatin too much

qrich
03-20-2015, 11:39 PM
Westbrook doesn't flop.

/thread

Smoke117
03-20-2015, 11:40 PM
Westbrook tonight with 17 free throws, last game was 22. I have nothing against Westbrook or Harden getting to the line, but ISH seems to have a giant problem when Harden gets 20+ FTs

Westbrook averages 9.7 FTA per game, Harden: 10.0 FTA

Something tells me if Harden had Westbrook's performance tonight (8-24 shooting, 6 TOs, but the trip dub), people would be shitting on it. I mean people had an issue when Harden got 50/10 the other night because he got like 22 pts off free throws or some shit. I remember people bitching when Harden put up 38/12/12 with 16 FTs.... nearly exactly what Westbrook put up tonight.

Why the double standard?

That said, props to Westbrook for a ridiculous performance on the 2nd best team in the league (demoralize those damn hawks :bowdown: )

8/24 shooting is a ridiculous performance? Okay.

J Shuttlesworth
03-20-2015, 11:41 PM
Westbrook doesn't flop.
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/originals/2015/03/12/bbops-russell-westbrook-flop-031115.nba/

navy
03-20-2015, 11:41 PM
Westbrook doesn't flop.
He does.

J Shuttlesworth
03-20-2015, 11:42 PM
8/24 shooting is a ridiculous performance? Okay.
It is because he put up 14 assists and 11 rebounds too. 6 turnovers is hurting his case a bit though :lol but 17/17 FT pretty legit.

Will it be overrated? Of course

Is it a great performance? Yes

J Shuttlesworth
03-20-2015, 11:42 PM
He does.
Yep, there have been a ton of them.

dontgetchoked
03-20-2015, 11:43 PM
westbrook has the lebron stans riding his dick hard because they will do anything to take away from durant. everyone else likes him because he keeps it real, plays hard, and gives 0 ****s.

When westbrook has a good game with a bunch of freethrows or with a bunch of turnovers, people pretend not to see it, but if harden has the same stat line, people point it out like he didn't even have a good game.

Another reason for this is there are 2 or 3 retarded ass Houston fans who troll 24/7 and people, in turn, want to troll them back, or find themselves rooting against Houston players.

Smoke117
03-20-2015, 11:44 PM
It is because he put up 14 assists and 11 rebounds too. 6 turnovers is hurting his case a bit though :lol but 17/17 FT pretty legit.

Will it be overrated? Of course

Is it a great performance? Yes

Six is an improvement on the month. He's averaging 6.8. Think about that for a moment...6 to's is an IMPROVEMENT.

RightToCensor
03-20-2015, 11:44 PM
Harden's game is just too advanced for simpletons to understand.

J Shuttlesworth
03-20-2015, 11:47 PM
westbrook has the lebron stans riding his dick hard because they will do anything to take away from durant. everyone else likes him because he keeps it real, plays hard, and gives 0 ****s.

When westbrook has a good game with a bunch of freethrows or with a bunch of turnovers, people pretend not to see it, but if harden has the same stat line, people point it out like he didn't even have a good game.

Another reason for this is there are 2 or 3 retarded ass Houston fans who troll 24/7 and people, in turn, want to troll them back, or find themselves rooting against Houston players.
This has nothing to do with LeBron. Stay on subject

And honestly, there are way more OKC trolls than the Houston... ok well, there are 3 main OKC troll accounts controlled by 1 guy, but you get the point. RightToCensor/UK2K aren't that bad, and I wouldn't call Smook a troll.

Bosnian Sajo
03-20-2015, 11:48 PM
I haven't been watching much of Harden this season, but from last season and playoffs, I remember Harden getting the whistle everytime someone would breathe on him, while Westbrook's were usually from people smacking the shit outta him. Westbrook earned his fts, while Harden's were gifted.

RightToCensor
03-20-2015, 11:50 PM
I haven't been watching much of Harden this season, but from last season and playoffs, I remember Harden getting the whistle everytime someone would breathe on him, while Westbrook's were usually from people smacking the shit outta him. Westbrook earned his fts, while Harden's were gifted.
Simpleton #1

J Shuttlesworth
03-20-2015, 11:52 PM
Harden doesn't get whistles for "being breathed on"

He is clever at drawing whistles. There is a difference. He generally doesn't break rules to get fouls though.

Bosnian Sajo
03-20-2015, 11:56 PM

He is clever at drawing whistles. There is a difference. He generally doesn't break rules to get fouls though.

Did I say he breaks rules?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3kaWb_isZU

if you touch this *****, he is gonna shoot free throws. That is the bottom line of my post.

Thunder_Up
03-20-2015, 11:56 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say its a matter of to different styles. Westbrook can play a very fast, physical, almost wreckless game that when contact is made its very pronounced and so people don't question the whistle or think its a make up call from a previous non-call.

Harden on the other hand always seems like he is complete control and very deliberate in his movements. When contact is made it may not be much but he makes sure that everyone can see it and draws the whistle. IMO, both are (most of the time) legit foul calls but its just easier to see/justify one more than the other.

Smoke117
03-20-2015, 11:57 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say its a matter of to different styles. Westbrook can play a very fast, physical, almost wreckless game that when contact is made its very pronounced and so people don't question the whistle or think its a make up call from a previous non-call.

Harden on the other hand always seems like he is complete control and very deliberate in his movements. When contact is made it may not be much but he makes sure that everyone can see it and draws the whistle. IMO, both are (most of the time) legit foul calls but its just easier to see/justify one more than the other.

Future rep.

SpecialQue
03-20-2015, 11:59 PM

Why ask the question then? This is a valid reason why people can't stand Harden. Westbrook's fouls are generally from actual contact, not from being "clever" at getting them. If you disregard someone's disgust for this, then there's no reason to continue on with the thread. You're asking for opinions. Either except that people disagree with you or don't bother asking the question.

J Shuttlesworth
03-21-2015, 12:00 AM
Did I say he breaks rules?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3kaWb_isZU

if you touch this *****, he is gonna shoot free throws. That is the bottom line of my post.
Ok? You can cherry pick like this for any star player and find bad whistles. That's not how he gets the majority of his free throws.

TylerOO
03-21-2015, 12:00 AM
Westbrook goes up strong like a beast.

Harden does his dorky little euro and flails his arms. He also yells and whines which makes us have to get a glimpse of his disgusting teeth

J Shuttlesworth
03-21-2015, 12:04 AM
Why ask the question then? This is a valid reason why people can't stand Harden. Westbrook's fouls are generally from actual contact, not from being "clever" at getting them. If you disregard someone's disgust for this, then there's no reason to continue on with the thread. You're asking for opinions. Either except that people disagree with you or don't bother asking the question.
This doesn't make sense. You know who else was clever at drawing fouls? Kobe Bryant, or Dwyane Wade. It doesn't make the contact not legit, and it doesn't mean that Harden doesn't draw actual contact. All superstars get occasional phantom whistles including Kobe, LeBron, Durant, Wade, Jordan, etc. That doesn't mean that Harden doesn't draw legit contact for his FTs

RightToCensor
Westbrook goes up strong like a beast.

Harden does his dorky little euro and flails his arms. He also yells and whines which makes us have to get a glimpse of his disgusting teeth
Simpleton #2

dontgetchoked

And honestly, there are way more OKC trolls than the Houston... ok well, there are 3 main OKC troll accounts controlled by 1 guy, but you get the point. RightToCensor/UK2K aren't that bad, and I wouldn't call Smook a troll.

you going to really act like people arent saying WB is better than durant? It all comes back to lebron man, open your eyes. I don't have a dog (is it dog or horse?) in this race. I dont care about kobe, lebron, durant, harden, I only really give a **** about the bulls and who they're playing.

And yeah those OKC guy(s) are fgt but its durant that people have started hating on, because he is legitimately on lebron's level. The better you are, the more haters. Even westbrook has some, just wait, if he keeps this up he will get more and more.

people just don't like hardes game. its not as aesthetic as a guy like russ so he gets haters. :confusedshrug:

Bosnian Sajo
03-21-2015, 12:05 AM
This doesn't make sense. You know who else was clever at drawing fouls? Kobe Bryant, or Dwyane Wade. It doesn't make the contact not legit, and it doesn't mean that Harden doesn't draw actual contact. All superstars get occasional phantom whistles including Kobe, LeBron, Durant, Wade, Jordan, etc. That doesn't mean that Harden doesn't draw legit contact for his FTs

Ok? There is a reason why Wade's nickname used to be D-Whistle.

J Shuttlesworth
03-21-2015, 12:06 AM
you going to really act like people arent saying WB is better than durant? It all comes back to lebron man, open your eyes. I don't have a dog (is it dog or horse?) in this race. I dont care about kobe, lebron, durant, harden, I only really give a **** about the bulls and who they're playing.

And yeah those OKC guy(s) are fgt but its durant that people have started hating on, because he is legitimately on lebron's level. The better you are, the more haters. Even westbrook has some, just wait, if he keeps this up he will get more and more.

people just don't like hardes game. its not as aesthetic as a guy like russ so he gets haters. :confusedshrug:
There are people saying Westbrook is better than Durant, but it's not just LeBron fans on this forum. It's been a topic on first take and the media has discussed it to death... Skip bayless for example, has been calling Westbrook "Batman" since like 2012.

I'm not saying they're right, but I'm not even sure what this has to do with the thread anyway.

Beastmode88

Then afred's rip thru move is clever as fcuk.

RightToCensor
You have the feeling of an epiphany when you understand how advanced Harden is to the game. He's the modern day "Pistol" Pete.

J Shuttlesworth
03-21-2015, 12:07 AM
Ok? There is a reason why Wade's nickname used to be D-Whistle.
Alright. I guess we'll go with "Whistlebrook"

It's official

BlakFrankWhite
03-21-2015, 12:08 AM
Because MVPbrook is entertaining to watch....while Harden aint.

RightToCensor
03-21-2015, 12:10 AM
Because MVPbrook is entertaining to watch....while Harden aint.
Simpleton #3

RightToCensor
03-21-2015, 12:12 AM
Aesthetically pleasing games are so overrated when they don't lead to wins.

Bosnian Sajo
03-21-2015, 12:15 AM
Alright. I guess we'll go with "Whistlebrook"

It's official

http://www.bansheemann7.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Hardens-Beard.jpg

Bosnian Sajo
03-21-2015, 12:18 AM
Aesthetically pleasing games are so overrated when they don't lead to wins.

The Thunder are 34-19 with Westbrook on the court this season...so...

EDIT: Sorry, 35-19. That is 4th seed ahead of the Trail Blazers rn, .660

imdaman99
03-21-2015, 12:20 AM
It probably has something to do with their looks. Westbrook looks like a ninja turtle, but there is some charm to that as most of us loved the teenage mutant ninja turtles. Harden looks like a homeless man and no one really enjoys the presence of a homeless man. Plus he flops and flails a lot to get those calls.

TL;DR Harden needs to shave.

RightToCensor
03-21-2015, 12:35 AM
The Thunder are 34-19 with Westbrook on the court this season...so...

EDIT: Sorry, 35-19. That is 4th seed ahead of the Trail Blazers rn, .660
Tell me his record vs. Playoff teams this season

Pretty sure some poster pointed out he's 10-1 vs. <.500 teams.

So going off the record you posted he's 24-18 against teams >.500. Not that impressive going into the playoffs.

Bosnian Sajo
03-21-2015, 12:45 AM
Tell me his record vs. Playoff teams this season

Pretty sure some poster pointed out he's 10-1 vs. <.500 teams.

So going off the record you posted he's 24-18 against teams >.500. Not that impressive going into the playoffs.

.571, still not bad.

OKC is 15-9 this season with Russell starting and Durant resting his injured foot.

tf do you expect, the record vs .500+ teams is going to be more leveled, same goes for your ugly ass Harden-led Rockets.

Bosnian Sajo
03-21-2015, 12:51 AM
btw, look how ****ing stupid your stats look. 24-18 vs +500 and 10-1 vs -500.

You're telling me, that out of 53 games, they played +500 teams 42 times? Uhm.

Budadiiii
03-21-2015, 01:04 AM

He was right on the money dumbass.

raiderfan19
03-21-2015, 03:01 AM
Westbrook doesn't flop.
Westbrook flops a ton(on every contested jumper he takes) and I'm a Westbrook fan.

J Shuttlesworth
03-21-2015, 03:02 AM
He was right on the money dumbass.
No he wasn't. His post has nothing to do with the question posed in the thread.

dontgetchoked
03-21-2015, 03:45 AM
No he wasn't. His post has nothing to do with the question posed in the thread.

Nothing to do with the question? i answered your question, you just didnt like the answer. the "lebron family" shows westbrook love because they want to act like he's better than durant, or they're dumb enough to believe it idk. They are a pretty large number of posters or a guy with a bunch of accounts. so when there is a westbrook thread, you get 5+ posts praising him saying he's better than durant. from those guys alone, then you get the highfiveing and fellating of each other.

i also said that people like westbrooks attitude and the way he plays the game, so they are likely to ignore things that they pick at harden for. How does that have nothing to do with the question?