PDA

View Full Version : Peak Shaq vs Peak Wilt or Peak Jordan vs Peak Bran

Ca$H
03-21-2015, 11:54 AM
Lets say all the players had comparable supporting casts. Which match up would you like to see more? I'm going with Peak Shaq vs Peak Wilt.

sd3035
03-21-2015, 11:56 AM
Lets say all the players had comparable supporting casts. Which match up would you like to see more? I'm going with Peak Shaq vs Peak Wilt.

See Shaq vs Shawn Bradley, except Shawn had a few inches on Wilt

dubeta
03-21-2015, 11:56 AM
Not sure but the team with Peak Bran would win.

Im Still Ballin
03-21-2015, 11:58 AM
Lebron would do the most with the least

An already stacked team? Maybe Jordan or Shaq... maybe Wilt

sd3035
03-21-2015, 12:02 PM
Imagine Shaq, Jordan, and Lebron playing together :eek:

Wilt could be the towel boy

Prime_Shaq
03-21-2015, 01:22 PM
Peak Shaq.

IncarceratedBob
03-21-2015, 01:25 PM
The answer to any question regarding Peak Shaq is Peak Shaq. IMO would make Wilt look like a rag doll

dunksby
03-21-2015, 01:32 PM
Peak Kareem :bowdown:

24-Inch_Chrome
03-21-2015, 01:33 PM
If it was a one on one I'd take Jordan v LeBron, and although it's a tougher decision I'd probably take them in the team matchup too.

I'm not sure that Wilt could handle Shaq to enough of a degree to even make it entertaining. I know that ISH has a handful of posters who saw Wilt and think that he's got a case for GOAT/MDE, etc., but I've never seen anyone who could handle peak Shaq.

sd3035
03-21-2015, 02:32 PM
SHaq-Wilt would be a complete mismatch, Wilt would get absolutely ragdolled

Dragic4Life
03-21-2015, 02:36 PM
Peak Lebron
Peak Shaq

Peak Jordan

Peak Wilt

So no contest either way...

warriorfan
03-21-2015, 02:46 PM
Shaq vs Wilt would be a lot closer than MJ raping LBJ

Kvnzhangyay
03-21-2015, 02:47 PM
Shaq vs Wilt would be a lot closer than MJ raping LBJ

you must have not watched mj then if u think that :facepalm

Marchesk
03-21-2015, 02:52 PM
you must have not watched mj then if u think that :facepalm

We've seen Kawhi Leonard.

Marchesk
03-21-2015, 02:54 PM
I know that ISH has a handful of posters who saw Wilt and think that he's got a case for GOAT/MDE, etc., but I've never seen anyone who could handle peak Shaq.

Could Shaq handle peak Wilt on the other end?

Peak Wilt is the 66/67 76ers. 24/24/7.8, 68%, 68 wins, 5 game demolition of the 8 time champion Celtics. That's considered one of the greatest teams ever, alongside the 72 Lakers (Wilt also), the 83 Sixers, the 86 Celtics, and the 96 Bulls.

Heavincent
03-21-2015, 02:55 PM
We've seen Kawhi Leonard.

And Jason Terry.

G0ATbe
03-21-2015, 03:07 PM
Peak Kobe.

Shaq needed the greatest SG ever to win.

Wilt needed a weak ass era

Jordan needed a weak ass era and the most stacked team of all time.

LeBald needed the 2nd most stacked team of all time and the refs, along with the 2nd greatest SG ever.

Kobe needed....? Pau Gasoft?:lol

Ca$H
03-21-2015, 04:47 PM
A lot of you guys lack reading comprehension. It's what match up would you rather see? Not ranking the players. :facepalm

Soundwave
03-21-2015, 07:25 PM
I'd like to see a match up of Wilt Vs Shaq (prime) so we could settle the whole era/who was stronger/better etc. debates. That would be more fun to watch.

I've seen enough of Jordan/LeBron in their peak to know Jordan would eat LeBron's heart as an apetizer, that would be predictable and would get boring.

LAZERUSS
03-21-2015, 11:41 PM
A prime Chamberlain was considerably stronger than a PEAK Shaq...and more skilled and athletic, as well as taller and longer.

You won't find Tex Winter claiming that Shaq could dunk his FTAs. nor Arnold Schwartzenegger being impressed with Shaq's strength.

Of course, what would make that matchup entertaining would be the rules in place. Chamberlain never played against anyone as physically powerful as Shaq (well, Artis Gilmore, whom Robert Parish claimed was stronger than Shaq)...but then again, Chamberlain seldom "bullied" his peers, nor was he allowed to do so. It would have been interesting to watch Wilt being allowed to unleash his power and strength on a fellow player.

The video no longer exists for some reason, but Kiki Vandeweghe was on record as attending a summer league game in the 80's, in which the 7-3 (or 7-4) Mark Eaton played in. According to Kiki, Chamberlain stopped by, and some point, a player dunked on Wilt. An enraged Chamberlain just took over the game, and overpowered a helpless Eaton for a ferocious dunk. He then left the court, and all the players were completely awestruck. Wilt was in his 50's at the time.

Here was the original link, but again, it has been removed.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2438623&postcount=1

Paul George 24
03-22-2015, 12:54 AM

2-5,NUFF.SAID :lol
WHO CARES JORDAN 1-9,.THEY FACT IS JORDAN GET 6RINGS AND 6 FMVP 6-6
100%,LEFLOP WILL NEVER COME CLOSE :lol

20Four
03-22-2015, 12:55 AM

http://i.imgur.com/oCXWv0r.jpg

Paul George 24
03-22-2015, 12:55 AM
Peak Lebron
Peak Shaq

Peak Jordan

Peak Wilt

So no contest either way...
6-6 >>>>>>>> 2-5

Asukal
03-22-2015, 12:57 AM
Shaq vs a mental midget or Jordan vs another mental midget? Not gonna be much of a contest really. Pick your poison. :confusedshrug:

Paul George 24
03-22-2015, 12:57 AM
Peak Kobe.

Shaq needed the greatest SG ever to win.

Wilt needed a weak ass era

Jordan needed a weak ass era and the most stacked team of all time.

LeBald needed the 2nd most stacked team of all time and the refs, along with the 2nd greatest SG ever.

Kobe needed....? Pau Gasoft?:lol

FISHER SAVED KOBE MANU TIMES

SamuraiSWISH
03-22-2015, 04:23 AM
1) Jordan - 6x rings
2) LeBron - 2x rings
3) Shaq - 4x rings
4) Wilt - 2x rings

nzahir
03-22-2015, 06:04 AM
Great question/thread honestly but there are too many trolls on here.

Jordan 33-35; 52-55%, 6 and 6 3 steals basically and one of best defenders on the perimeter
Bron (57% for 2 years), 27 8 7 a couple steals almost and a block; was guarding basically every position.
Shaq 30 12 and 3 blocks like 58-60%; defense was never elite or as great as it could have been but the most unstoppable force of anyone on this list. Only reason he is #3 is b/c of the free throws but you can also argue #1 easily.
Then wilt; its hard to judge wilt because of the competition he played against but

If I had to pick who I would want though to start my franchise; it would go shaq, the bron, then mj, then wilt. Shaq just because of his size and then bron over mj since lebron does more and can do more with less(as we saw how he took cle to the finals in 07, albeit they got swept, with no talent and jordan couldnt do much w/o pippen)

Paul George 24
03-22-2015, 06:12 AM
Great question/thread honestly but there are too many trolls on here.

Jordan 33-35; 52-55%, 6 and 6 3 steals basically and one of best defenders on the perimeter
Bron (57% for 2 years), 27 8 7 a couple steals almost and a block; was guarding basically every position.
Shaq 30 12 and 3 blocks like 58-60%; defense was never elite or as great as it could have been but the most unstoppable force of anyone on this list. Only reason he is #3 is b/c of the free throws but you can also argue #1 easily.
Then wilt; its hard to judge wilt because of the competition he played against but

If I had to pick who I would want though to start my franchise; it would go shaq, the bron, then mj, then wilt. Shaq just because of his size and then bron over mj since lebron does more and can do more with less(as we saw how he took cle to the finals in 07, albeit they got swept, with no talent and jordan couldnt do much w/o pippen)

LEFLOP CAN'T WIN WITHOUT STARS PLAYER :banana:

nzahir
03-22-2015, 06:27 AM
LEFLOP CAN'T WIN WITHOUT STARS PLAYER :banana:
Lol just like I stated; this forum has too many trolls for a serious thread. Probably thats why its the least respected basketball forum anywhere. When you state 0 facts and use dumb names for a player then your argument is already invalid.
Lebron accomplished more without an all star than jordan did and thats a FACT buddy. Im sorry but you have to deal with it. Jordan couldnt win playoff series' even without Pippen and Grant and then Rodman let alone making the finals. And also had guys like tony k, kerr, and paxson.

aj1987
03-22-2015, 11:22 AM
A prime Chamberlain was considerably stronger than a PEAK Shaq...and more skilled and athletic, as well as taller and longer.

You won't find Tex Winter claiming that Shaq could dunk his FTAs. nor Arnold Schwartzenegger being impressed with Shaq's strength.

Of course, what would make that matchup entertaining would be the rules in place. Chamberlain never played against anyone as physically powerful as Shaq (well, Artis Gilmore, whom Robert Parish claimed was stronger than Shaq)...but then again, Chamberlain seldom "bullied" his peers, nor was he allowed to do so. It would have been interesting to watch Wilt being allowed to unleash his power and strength on a fellow player.

The video no longer exists for some reason, but Kiki Vandeweghe was on record as attending a summer league game in the 80's, in which the 7-3 (or 7-4) Mark Eaton played in. According to Kiki, Chamberlain stopped by, and some point, a player dunked on Wilt. An enraged Chamberlain just took over the game, and overpowered a helpless Eaton for a ferocious dunk. He then left the court, and all the players were completely awestruck. Wilt was in his 50's at the time.

Here was the original link, but again, it has been removed.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2438623&postcount=1
Wilt would get owned so hard that he would literally retire by halftime.

LAZERUSS
03-22-2015, 11:29 AM
Wilt would get owned so hard that he would literally retire by halftime.

Shaq would be out of breath in the first five minutes trying to guard someone who is considerably physically superior to him. Of course, that is understandable given the fact that he was sldom in shape, and usually missed tons of regular season games because of it.

Shaq would have retired in his first NBA game in the 60's. No way he could run-up-and-down the floor for 48 minutes.

aj1987
03-22-2015, 11:35 AM
Shaq would be out of breath in the first five minutes trying to guard someone who is considerably physically superior to him. Of course, that is understandable given the fact that he was sldom in shape, and usually missed tons of regular season games because of it.

Shaq would have retired in his first NBA game in the 60's. No way he could run-up-and-down the floor for 48 minutes.
:oldlol: :oldlol:

A skinny ass mental midget who choked and played for his stats vs the most dominant EVER? Go take your donepezil, grandpa. You're losing it.

http://i.imgur.com/g0UFXjt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dpJrl77.jpg

As I said, Chokerlain would announce his retirement by halftime, if he went up against Shaq.