PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Steve Nash to stop stealing the Lakers money (retiring)

SpecialQue
03-21-2015, 02:29 PM
https://twitter.com/SteveNash/status/579348421624000512

Steve Nash ‏@SteveNash

I'm retiring from basketball. Thanks for all the love through the years.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/steve-nash-retirement/

Dragic4Life
03-21-2015, 02:32 PM
Stealing Lakers money you say?

https://s.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/ap_photo/20120117/all/l5699412.jpg

The Iron Sheik
03-21-2015, 02:33 PM
all jokes aside, i seriously forgot that steve nash was still in the nba before this

Im Still Ballin
Thanks for everything Steve!

The greatest shooter of all time. 2 time LEAGUE MVP.

Jameerthefear
Bye Nash :(
Come coach Elfrid Payton..

SpecialQue
03-21-2015, 02:37 PM
all jokes aside, i seriously forgot that steve nash was still in the nba before this

I didn't. **** him.

Akrazotile
03-21-2015, 02:38 PM
Lets be honest. Bron > Kobe

Akrazotile
03-21-2015, 02:38 PM
I didn't. **** him.

:biggums:

Nobody is saying you did...

ZeN
03-21-2015, 02:39 PM
It's nearly April.. He will have gotten paid in full

Jameerthefear
03-21-2015, 02:40 PM
Nash ROBBING the Lakers. That guy stays winning :oldlol:

LongLiveTheKing
03-21-2015, 02:41 PM
Steve Nash would've won a ring if he didn't waste his time going to the Lakers and being alongside the cancer that is Kobe, Kobe f*cked up his career :(

IGOTGAME
03-21-2015, 02:43 PM
Steve Nash would've won a ring if he didn't waste his time going to the Lakers and being alongside the cancer that is Kobe, Kobe f*cked up his career :(

other way around. he ****ed up Kobe's career. Nash and DAntoni left Kobe to do everything.

BlakFrankWhite
03-21-2015, 02:45 PM
I heard he wanted to retire earlier...but Lakers told him not to....cause they wanted to use him in a trade.

SpecialQue
03-21-2015, 02:46 PM
I heard he wanted to retire earlier...but Lakers told him not to....cause they wanted to use him in a trade.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

My favorite team sucks. :(

ralph_i_el
03-21-2015, 02:49 PM
When will Kobe stop "Stealing" their money?

StephHamann
03-21-2015, 02:50 PM
That song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StlMdNcvCJo

SpecialQue
03-21-2015, 02:54 PM
The hell?

El Kabong
03-21-2015, 03:02 PM
So, the Mavericks were right about his back being stuffed. I mean, they forecast this over a decade ago!

TheMarkMadsen
03-21-2015, 03:04 PM
When will Kobe stop "Stealing" their money?

what a dumb thing to say

what has Nash ever done for the Lakers

T_L_P
03-21-2015, 03:04 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

My favorite team sucks. :(

It's the avatar, man.

That guy is poison, a curse. Change it and I guarantee fortunes will change.

IncarceratedBob
03-21-2015, 03:06 PM
Respect his career but he and D'antoni destroyed KB's career

ralph_i_el
03-21-2015, 03:16 PM
what a dumb thing to say

what has Nash ever done for the Lakers
Nothing, but they signed him to play for them and his body wouldn't let him. The Lakers signed Kobe to a wildly exobitant contract to play for them and he's done too :confusedshrug:

ralph_i_el
03-21-2015, 03:17 PM
Respect his career but he and D'antoni destroyed KB's career
When Nash was healthy Kobe didn't let him run the offense anyways. Play D'antoni for overplaying Kobe (like Kobe didn't want to be out there carrying his squad anyways)...but Nash was no part of that.

TheMarkMadsen
03-21-2015, 03:19 PM
Nothing, but they signed him to play for them and his body wouldn't let him. The Lakers signed Kobe to a wildly exobitant contract to play for them and he's done too :confusedshrug:

except Kobe has given the last 19 years to the Lakers and has provided them with multiple championships, conference finals births, millions of dollars in revenue, while Nash hasn't..

the fact that you can't see the difference is disturbing

Bosnian Sajo
03-21-2015, 03:23 PM

Where did you hear that? Because last I heard, Nash straight up said "I'd be a fool to walk away from 10m".

ralph_i_el
03-21-2015, 03:23 PM
except Kobe has given the last 19 years to the Lakers and has provided them with multiple championships, while Nash hasn't..

Yeah and the Lakers paid him for all those seasons right?
Giving old done Kobe $25m a year was a stupid move any way you slice it.

The Lakers went out and pulled a sign-and-trade for Nash so he could come help Kobe win another ring and when he was healthy Kobe marginalized him just like every other player he's ever played with since Shaq. Then his back stopped working (which everyone and their momma knew was a risk when they traded for him).

Nash isn't stealing anyone's money and neither is Kobe. That's all I was trying to say with my first post.

TheMarkMadsen
03-21-2015, 03:28 PM
Yeah and the Lakers paid him for all those seasons right?
Giving old done Kobe $25m a year was a stupid move any way you slice it.

The Lakers went out and pulled a sign-and-trade for Nash so he could come help Kobe win another ring and when he was healthy Kobe marginalized him just like every other player he's ever played with since Shaq. Then his back stopped working (which everyone and their momma knew was a risk when they traded for him).

Nash isn't stealing anyone's money and neither is Kobe. That's all I was trying to say with my first post.

you don't even deserve a response, the sad thing is you really think your an objective poster, and then you say stupid shit like that

somebody claims Nash was stealing money and you turn it into "Kobe marginalized every player including Shaq"

let the hate flow through those salty veins

:roll: :roll:

TheMarkMadsen
03-21-2015, 03:32 PM
Where did you hear that? Because last I heard, Nash straight up said "I'd be a fool to walk away from 10m".

last you heard would be correct

I'm not going to retire because I want the money," Nash said.

click here (http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-03-13/steve-nash-lakers-retirement-salary-contract-kobe-bryant-mike-dantoni-jim-buss-jeanie-buss-phil-jackson)

BlakFrankWhite
03-21-2015, 03:38 PM
except Kobe has given the last 19 years to the Lakers and has provided them with multiple championships, conference finals births, millions of dollars in revenue, while Nash hasn't..

So as a Laker fan you're willing to see the team struggle as Kobe takes the lion's share of the salary budget while sitting on his a**?

Its sad really...Lakers are the royalty of NBA yet they're being held hostage

SpecialQue
03-21-2015, 03:40 PM
So as a Laker fan you're willing to see the team struggle as Kobe takes the lion's share of the salary budget while sitting on his a**?

I'm a Laker fan and I can't fvcking wait to see Kobe retire. I'll miss him, but I'm not blind...he's done and the team needs that money.

The Iron Sheik
03-21-2015, 03:46 PM

:oldlol: a trade for what? a bottle of henny for byron scott?

The Iron Sheik
03-21-2015, 03:47 PM
I'm a Laker fan and I can't fvcking wait to see Kobe retire. I'll miss him, but I'm not blind...he's done and the team needs that money.

they're going to suck even after kobe retires. they'll have money but no one to spend it on. they have no assets either.

BlakFrankWhite
03-21-2015, 03:49 PM
they're going to suck even after kobe retires. they'll have money but no one to spend it on. they have no assets either.

They have to get the #1 or #2 pick this time.....its all or nothing

$LakerGold
03-21-2015, 03:51 PM
The level of disrespect in this thread.

AnaheimLakers24
03-21-2015, 03:53 PM
2 time mvp
0 time champion

canaduh stays losing. Hope he has back problems throughout his life

WallIn
03-21-2015, 03:53 PM
About time.

dazzer87
03-21-2015, 03:54 PM

Come on man, you really believe that dude a lakers fan? :roll: Dude a kobe fan....

boozehound
03-21-2015, 03:57 PM
isnt his contract up after this season? I highly doubt this impacts their cap situation

rhowen4
03-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Someone should redo this thread with more class. But RIP Nash, you were my first basketball love. I hope you stick around the NBA because I don't want to lose you, full homo.

SpecialQue
03-21-2015, 03:58 PM

Ok...don't know what the point of this is. I guess I'm supposed to just say "lol my team's gonna be shit forever"?

SpecialQue
03-21-2015, 04:00 PM
Someone should redo this thread with more class.

There's two other threads on this very same topic, one started by the biggest piece of shit on ISH. Enjoy.

kennethgriffin
03-21-2015, 04:01 PM

the lakers could pay kobe 20 million over the next 30 years and they still wouldnt have given him back what kobe made them

ralph_i_el
03-21-2015, 04:02 PM
you don't even deserve a response, the sad thing is you really think your an objective poster, and then you say stupid shit like that

somebody claims Nash was stealing money and you turn it into "Kobe marginalized every player including Shaq"

let the hate flow through those salty veins

:roll: :roll:
"Since Shaq" doesn't mean "Including Shaq" learn reading comprehension

Haymaker
03-21-2015, 04:03 PM

All the money in the world and he couldn't afford a proper tattoo artist? He got inked in jail or something?

SpecialQue
03-21-2015, 04:04 PM
"Since Shaq" doesn't mean "Including Shaq" learn reading comprehension

How did he marginalize Pau?

boozehound
03-21-2015, 04:04 PM
he probably needs one

ralph_i_el
03-21-2015, 04:08 PM
How did he marginalize Pau?
Have you seen Pau since he escaped LA? He looks like a new man. Although that's probably more about escaping D'antoni

Not saying those two aren't great friends, but Pau was the scapegoat and Kobe got the glory.

Which of Kobe's ex teammates actually liked the guy outside of Pau? All I've heard is how he was an asshole.

But yeah, the only reason I brought up Kobe is because people are claiming Nash is "stealing" money when Kobe took a huge contract just to chuck his team into oblivion until he got hurt. They offered Nash a deal knowing full well that his back was bad and that Phoenix had a medical staff that was keeping him upright.

BasedTom
03-21-2015, 04:10 PM
Goran Dragic will carry on his legacy and win him that ring. It's a similar situation to how Eddie Jones mentored Kobe and Wade and deserves a lot of credit for their success.

kennethgriffin
03-21-2015, 04:13 PM
All the money in the world and he couldn't afford a proper tattoo artist? He got inked in jail or something?

hes black. they don't go to the same tattoo places as white people

all they get is black ink and it never shows up well anyway. that and all the best artists are white. but they wanna keep it real

HOoopCityJones
03-21-2015, 04:41 PM
Have you seen Pau since he escaped LA? He looks like a new man. Although that's probably more about escaping D'antoni

Not saying those two aren't great friends, but Pau was the scapegoat and Kobe got the glory.

Which of Kobe's ex teammates actually liked the guy outside of Pau? All I've heard is how he was an asshole.

But yeah, the only reason I brought up Kobe is because people are claiming Nash is "stealing" money when Kobe took a huge contract just to chuck his team into oblivion until he got hurt. They offered Nash a deal knowing full well that his back was bad and that Phoenix had a medical staff that was keeping him upright.

So now Pau is playing better in CHI than he was in LA?:rolleyes:

Hold this L.

nashistheman
03-21-2015, 04:53 PM
Nash is my all time favorite basketball player hence my username. It is sad he never won a champion ship but now he can as a coach. He will be missed by many people but he had one heck of a carier defintly hof bound. I hope Phoenix signs him to a one day contract so he can go out with the respect he deserves in the place that he flourished. Number 13 will definitely go up in the rafters of the US airways center.

TheMarkMadsen
03-21-2015, 05:02 PM

where did you get this from?

I swear Kobe haters make the most ridiculous leaps of logic

I simply said Kobe deserves the money based on everything he's brought the Lakers.

If anything, showing this type of loyalty to Kobe will help attract free agents, because the Lakers have proven that they take care of their players financially.

TheMarkMadsen
03-21-2015, 05:09 PM

DAT BACK PEDDLE :roll:

so it went from "Kobe marginalized Pau" to "who likes Kobe outside of Pau"

:roll:

Have you seen Pau since he escaped LA? He looks like a new man.

2009 Gasol = 19/10/4/1/1 on 57%
2010 Gasol = 18/11/3/1/2 on 54%

2015 "new man gasol free from captivitiy" = 18/12/3/0/2 on 49%

DAT NEW MAN

http://31.media.tumblr.com/9b79c5c686214c0e07606fa09f5863c9/tumblr_nlcix8mFmH1tivkh4o3_250.gif

Mgamer20o0
03-21-2015, 05:53 PM
less about the money and more about the picks given up for him.

ArbitraryWater
03-21-2015, 05:54 PM
6 years later, Gasol on last legs, compared here to peak Pau...

The mind of a Kobetard, ladies and gents.

TheMarkMadsen
03-21-2015, 05:56 PM
6 years later, Gasol on last legs, compared here to peak Pau...

The mind of a Kobetard, ladies and gents.

You moron he's the guy saying Pau "looks like a new man" now and is playing better without Kobe.

Milbuck
03-21-2015, 06:09 PM
Pau really isn't doing anything super special in Chicago. He's putting up some pretty hollow stats...doing great for a 34 year old, but his impact is not nearly as good as the numbers. There's a huge difference between the 19/10 he gave you in those b2b title years, and the 18/12 he's putting up now. He gives a solid low post scoring option, and can knock down the j from a good distance but his defense is absolutely terrible, it's one of the reasons Chicago's defense has been nowhere near their usual standards. He's just so slow laterally, oftentimes it's a layup line for opposing attackers. Also his offense at times completely stops ball movement..not always, but at times he'll eat up like half of entire possessions just backing guys down, kicking out, getting it back, backing down again, etc.

Both sides of this dumb argument are dumb. Pau isn't scrubbing it up without Kobe, nor is he lighting it up without Kobe. He's playing well, in a great situation with a great and now underrated coach. And anyone who thinks Kobe didn't make Pau better those years they were contending, wasn't watching. That duo had phenomenal chemistry.

wakencdukest
03-21-2015, 06:09 PM

:applause:

I'm with you on that one. I'm ready to see a new style of play in LA. As for Nash, he was a great player in his time, but he did absolutely nothing for the Lakers because he was physically done before he got here.

gts
03-21-2015, 06:16 PM

expiring contract... they would or could have used him as a piece in a trade had the right thing come along and besides it's not like the Lakers are hurting for cash, they take care of their players.... they got two injury exceptions for Nash where they could have got out from under the contracts burden and they never used hem

At the end of last season the Lakers did ask him to stay around until after the 2015 trade deadline, not only for the possibility of being used in a trade but also he's been working with Clarkson and will continue to do so... also rumored the Lakers have been discussing him returning as a coach of some type next season...

He didn't steal anything from the Lakers, he signed a contract, the Lakers signed the contract he got injured and wasn't able to come back.. anyone who's followed Nash over the years knows he would have been playing had he physically been able and anyone who's followed the Lakers the last 3 years knows Nash worked his ass off to try and be out there....

as for the Nash and D'Antoni ruining Kobe's career, or Nash ripping the Lakers off or the Lakers being fools for signing him... That's just idiot talk from small minded fans...

Players get injured, it happens

coin24
03-21-2015, 08:39 PM

The team had plenty of cap space for this season and they did nothing with it. Im guessing the same will happen for next year with Jim at the helm.

ScarSymmetry
03-21-2015, 09:42 PM
The fact that Lakers fans are so butthurt over Nash puts him up a tier for sure.

:lol

JohnFreeman
03-21-2015, 09:54 PM
Thanks Nash :applause:

ralph_i_el
03-21-2015, 10:29 PM
DAT BACK PEDDLE :roll:

so it went from "Kobe marginalized Pau" to "who likes Kobe outside of Pau"

:roll:

2009 Gasol = 19/10/4/1/1 on 57%
2010 Gasol = 18/11/3/1/2 on 54%

2015 "new man gasol free from captivitiy" = 18/12/3/0/2 on 49%

DAT NEW MAN

http://31.media.tumblr.com/9b79c5c686214c0e07606fa09f5863c9/tumblr_nlcix8mFmH1tivkh4o3_250.gif

Did 2011-2014 not happen?
I know Lakers fans like to forget 2011 because y'all got assraped by the Mavs but still....

Keep picking at little points and ignoring the fact that Kobe chased of Shaq, pissed off and marginalized just about all his teammates, handicapped his franchise (currently ongoing), and is an all around asshole. But NASH is the problem :rolleyes:

coin24
03-21-2015, 10:51 PM
I know Lakers fans like to forget 2011 because y'all got assraped by the Mavs but still....

Keep picking at little points and ignoring the fact that Kobe chased of Shaq, pissed off and marginalized just about all his teammates, handicapped his franchise (currently ongoing), and is an all around asshole. But NASH is the problem :rolleyes:

Its not Nash's fault its the incompetent front office. Jim Buss should not be in charge of anything and Mitch doesnt seem to be very interested anymore..
They should have moved Nash for some teams garbage, better than him rotting on the bench...
We had tons of cap space for this season and the best they could do was Lin?:facepalm

Now for next season they have heaps of cap space, hopefully a top 5 pick, healthy randle and fingers crossed kobe, lets see if they do anything. Im guessing not...

Those idiots also offered Kobe the big contract, I dont blame him for taking it

TheMarkMadsen
03-21-2015, 11:01 PM

Pau flourished under Kobe and the stats show that, It's not Kobe's fault that Pau randomly dropped off in the 2011 & 12 playoffs.

Pau was actually marginalized by Dantoni and the system he wanted to run, but of course your ignorant ass just blames Kobe

Pau had his best seasons with Kobe, Shaq had his best seasons with Kobe, Bynum, Odom, Ariza all had their best seasons with Kobe, Kobe has brought his franchise 5 rings and billions in revenue (so much for crippling the franchise)

and all of that is facts, which completely contradict your asinine claims

dgaras
03-21-2015, 11:03 PM

if you spent as much time working hard you might have made something of yourself in life instead of working minimum wage

coin24
03-21-2015, 11:06 PM
Pau flourished under Kobe and the stats show that, It's not Kobe's fault that Pau randomly dropped off in the 2011 & 12 playoffs.

Pau was actually marginalized by Dantoni and the system he wanted to run, but of course your ignorant ass just blames Kobe

Pau had his best seasons with Kobe, Shaq had his best seasons with Kobe, Bynum, Odom, Ariza all had their best seasons with Kobe, Kobe has brought his franchise 5 rings and billions in revenue (so much for crippling the franchise)

In 2011 shannon brown fu*ked paus girlfriend and turned him into paulina gasolina..
Then Dantoni was the nail in the coffin... Worst mistake hiring that idiot

ralph_i_el
03-21-2015, 11:25 PM

Shaq was the man not Kobe, Ariza's best season was last year (on the Wizards), Bynums knees blew up (nothing to do with Kobe), Odom played as well if not better on the Clips and Heat.

SpecialQue
03-21-2015, 11:54 PM
Well this thread made a predictable turn.

ScarSymmetry
03-22-2015, 12:13 AM
Nash > Kobrick

John Tesh
03-22-2015, 04:37 AM

:lol