PDA

View Full Version : Prime Kobe vs Prime Pippen vs Prime Wade

Dragic4Life
03-22-2015, 02:30 PM
Pick one player to build your franchise around...

Kobe- 5 rings

Pippen- 6 rings

Wade- 3 rings

IncarceratedBob
03-22-2015, 02:31 PM
I need more info to make my decision. What about total points scored

LoneyROY7
03-22-2015, 02:33 PM
Damn, each one of these guys has more rings than LeBron.

dubeta
03-22-2015, 02:33 PM
Kobe has 3* asterisks

Wade has 1* asterisk

But I don't think Pippen has any, plus he was the closest to being a 1b type player, instead of a sidekick

So I'll go to Pippen

ClipperRevival
03-22-2015, 02:34 PM
Kobe, Wade then Pip.

I love Pip and he's one of the best all around players ever but he wasn't on Kobe's and Wade's level because he could never carry a team offensively. He just didn't have the iso game to consistently break down a set defender and create his own shot. Pip was an amazing second fiddle but not good enough to be "the man". At least not good enough to win a ring as one.

ShawkFactory
03-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Kobe has 3* asterisks

Wade has 1* asterisk

But I don't think Pippen has any, plus he was the closest to being a 1b type player, instead of a sidekick

So I'll go to Pippen
I wonder how much time you spend doing what you do.

dubeta
03-22-2015, 02:36 PM
What was MJ's record without Pippen again? I have a hard time remembering...

ClipperRevival
03-22-2015, 02:37 PM
Kobe has 3* asterisks

Wade has 1* asterisk

So I'll go to Pippen

Lol. You're kidding right? Going by your criteria, Pip should have 6 asterisks as MJ was clearly the man in all 6 of their championship runs.

Even in Kobe's 3 peat, there were stretches, especially in the stacked Western Conference playoffs, when he was more dominant than Shaq.

SouBeachTalents
03-22-2015, 02:40 PM
What was MJ's record without Pippen again? I have a hard time remembering...

How many wins in the Finals did LeBron have without Wade?

Dragic4Life
03-22-2015, 02:45 PM
Kobe has 3* asterisks

Wade has 1* asterisk

So I'll go to Pippen
Agree. Pippen is probably the closest to an alpha out of the 3.

Btw MJ is 1/9 before he met Scottie "50 Greatest NBA Player of All Time" Pippen.

Rose'sACL
03-22-2015, 02:47 PM
I wonder how much time you spend doing what you do.
look at the number of posts and join date.i used to waste a lot of time here when i joined but i still have less posts than him and i joined an year before him.

Beastmode88
03-22-2015, 02:50 PM

Btw MJ is 1/9 before he met Scottie "50 Greatest NBA Player of All Time" Pippen.

Yet Lebron was ringless before going to Miami. :roll: :roll:

c3z4r
03-22-2015, 02:51 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzs290Hh_eU

SouBeachTalents
03-22-2015, 02:56 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emXNsKw7a3w

Dragic4Life
03-22-2015, 02:58 PM
Doesn't take too long (3rd post) for this thread to turn into a Lebron thread.

ISH is just sad.:facepalm

SouBeachTalents
03-22-2015, 02:58 PM

You could say the same about Jordan

Beastmode88
03-22-2015, 02:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emXNsKw7a3w

This reminds me of when GOATBrook was yelling at Alfred. But getting back to this point, wow Lebron can't even look Wade in the eyes when he's getting yelled at. :biggums:

dubeta
03-22-2015, 03:04 PM
This reminds me of when GOATBrook was yelling at Alfred. But getting back to this point, wow Lebron can't even look Wade in the eyes when he's getting yelled at. :biggums:

Lebron doesn't listen to betas

ShawkFactory
03-22-2015, 03:06 PM

I LITERALY wish you were dead. I would laugh at your weeping mother

ClipperRevival
03-22-2015, 03:06 PM
Ask yourself this, how often did Pip have to carry a team offensively and faced the focus of the opposition's defense? Sure, when MJ was out two years, he saw/did some of that. But we are talking about different levels here. Kobe/Wade are two of the greatest wing scorers in history and had to face doubles their whole careers and still were dominant. Pip seldom had too. He had the luxury of playing with MJ. That takes so much of the pressure off of everyone else.

Winning rings is nice but it's how you win rings that's also important. Nothing carries more weight than winning as "the man". When the opponent focuses on you and tries to stop you. Winning as second fiddle carries less weight. That is exactly why a guy like D, Robinson isn't in the same class as Hakeem cause he got his two rings piggybacking off of Duncan.

Beastmode88
03-22-2015, 03:07 PM
Lebron doesn't listen to betas

Yet he has no issue colluding with them huh? :rolleyes:

Dragic4Life
03-22-2015, 03:16 PM
He had the luxury of playing with MJ.
All 3 players mentioned had the luxury of playing with a far superior player.

Prime Shaq, Prime MJ, and Prime Lebron.

LoneyROY7
03-22-2015, 03:19 PM

Damn, two more players with more rings than LeBron.

ClipperRevival
03-22-2015, 03:23 PM

Not true. Kobe won two without Shaq and Wade won one without Lebron (Shaq was not prime).

Showtime2001
03-22-2015, 03:35 PM

LeBron = career loser before Wade and Bosh.

supernova5912
03-22-2015, 03:37 PM
Ask yourself this, how often did Pip have to carry a team offensively and faced the focus of the opposition's defense? Sure, when MJ was out two years, he saw/did some of that. But we are talking about different levels here. Kobe/Wade are two of the greatest wing scorers in history and had to face doubles their whole careers and still were dominant. Pip seldom had too. He had the luxury of playing with MJ. That takes so much of the pressure off of everyone else.

Winning rings is nice but it's how you win rings that's also important. Nothing carries more weight than winning as "the man". When the opponent focuses on you and tries to stop you. Winning as second fiddle carries less weight. That is exactly why a guy like D, Robinson isn't in the same class as Hakeem cause he got his two rings piggybacking off of Duncan.

:applause: Kobe Bryant and Wade are on another level, simply put. Still, Pippen is the best overall defensive player of the three though.

dubeta
03-22-2015, 03:42 PM
I can't believe people are arguing Kobe in this debate :roll:

Done_And_Done
03-22-2015, 03:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FI6j9YJ.gif

AnaheimLakers24
03-22-2015, 03:52 PM
Kobe than wade.

AnaheimLakers24
03-22-2015, 03:54 PM
I can't believe people are arguing Kobe in this debate :roll:
That must be killing you deep down inside you baby dick

3ball
03-22-2015, 03:56 PM
Here's MJ sitting besides Jack Nicholson in 1999 at a Lakers game - they are both laughing at Pippen as Kobe utterly destroys him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsq-gqFyebQ&t=0m15s

At the 43 second mark, I honestly have never seen a guy get shook that bad on that specific move.

97 bulls
03-22-2015, 04:33 PM
Here's MJ sitting besides Jack Nicholson in 1999 at a Lakers game - they are both laughing at Pippen as Kobe utterly destroys him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsq-gqFyebQ&t=0m15s

At the 43 second mark, I honestly have never seen a guy get shook that bad on that specific move.
Bryant shot 39% in both games played in LA vs Houston. He hardly destroyed anybody in those two games

3ball
03-22-2015, 05:30 PM
Bryant shot 39% in both games played in LA vs Houston. He hardly destroyed anybody in those two games
True, he couldn't do shit to Jordan or Scottie - in Kobe's entire career, he only scored on Jordan 4 times, including Jordan's time with the Wizards.. Otoh, Jordan scored on Kobe more than 12 times (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365450).