PDA

View Full Version : What would Kawhi Leonard average if he was given the greenlight?

You Cant Ban Me
03-22-2015, 05:15 PM
my guess 26/9/5

no 1 thought tmac / james harden could score but that green light can make almost anyone a scorer

Im Still Ballin
03-22-2015, 05:17 PM
You guessed wrong.

G0ATbe
24/10/5

SaltyMeatballs
When Duncan, Manu, and Parker retire I guarantee you Kawhi will average around 20-25 ppg with 7-8 rebounds.

J Shuttlesworth
He's not a consistent enough scorer to put up 26.

20/7/3 43% FG

Milbuck
03-22-2015, 05:18 PM
His game isn't about scoring. I'd say maybe 1-2 ppg above the Sixers win total.

oarabbus
03-22-2015, 05:20 PM
When Duncan, Manu, and Parker retire I guarantee you Kawhi will average around 20-25 ppg with 7-8 rebounds.

Good thing you gave yourself a pretty wide margin for error there.

Spurs m8
03-22-2015, 05:22 PM

20/7/3 43% FG

He's become very consistent since being healthy and given more opportunities.

Lrn2sprs

Alamо
03-22-2015, 05:22 PM
He already has the green light. He's averaging 20/7 on 54% in March. Not just assisted baskets either. Iso, back to basket, one man fastbreak, whatever... He clearly has the green light and he's already thriving on offense right now. There are times when he could shoot more, but he usually makes the right play either way

You Cant Ban Me
03-22-2015, 05:23 PM
No 1 thought James Harden or Tmac could score til they got that http://www.clker.com/cliparts/6/e/9/d/11949849761176136192traffic_light_green_dan__01.sv g.hi.png

You Cant Ban Me
03-22-2015, 05:24 PM
He already has the green light. He's averaging 20/7 on 54% in March. Not just assisted baskets either. Iso, back to basket, one man fastbreak, whatever... He clearly has the green light and he's already thriving on offense right now. There are times when he could shoot more, but he usually makes the right play either way
There is no green light in that pop system.You trippin you cant go iso ball all game in that system if you wanted to so thats not the green light he just gets a couple plays called for him this year

T_L_P
03-22-2015, 05:27 PM
19.7/7.7/2.9

J Shuttlesworth
03-22-2015, 05:30 PM
He's become very consistent since being healthy and given more opportunities.

Lrn2sprs

Meh, TLP watches him every game and he more or less agrees with my numbers.

Alamо
03-22-2015, 05:31 PM
There is no green light in that pop system.You trippin you cant go iso ball all game in that system if you wanted to so thats not the green light he just gets a couple plays called for him this year

Nope. Pop said it himself. Kawhi has the green light.

You Cant Ban Me
03-22-2015, 05:38 PM
Idc what pop says there is no green light in that system.He cant go iso all game so thats not a green light just because you are allowed to shoot 3's on the fastbreak this year :roll: doesn't make it a green light he just has more freedom than last year.If kawhi shot 6 str8 shots and missed he would be benched in that system.Russell Westbrook has a green light...lebron james has a green light...

Alamо
03-22-2015, 05:50 PM
Idc what pop says there is no green light in that system.He cant go iso all game so thats not a green light just because you are allowed to shoot 3's on the fastbreak this year :roll: doesn't make it a green light he just has more freedom than last year.If kawhi shot 6 str8 shots and missed he would be benched in that system.Russell Westbrook has a green light...lebron james has a green light...

Kawhi Leonard isn't Westbrook or Lebron James

dubeta
03-22-2015, 06:09 PM
imo the spurs system already maxed out his production, dont see how he averages more anywhere else

He is in the perfect location.

You Cant Ban Me
03-22-2015, 06:30 PM
Nobody can just go ISO all game and play winning ball. I'm sure kawhi could jack up 24 ppg on a shitty team that goes nowhere but who cares
yeah you better delete this shit cause i was about to rip you to shreds with so many examples

Paul George 24
03-22-2015, 06:35 PM
imo the spurs system already maxed out his production, dont see how he averages more anywhere else

He is in the perfect location.

LEFLOP STANS IS SCARED :lol

warriorfan
03-22-2015, 06:35 PM
Kawhi Leonard and Russell Westbrook shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

One is a winner who is a major contributor on a championship team. The other is a chucking, empty stats loser.

navy
03-22-2015, 06:36 PM
Kawhi Leonard and Russell Westbrook shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

One is a winner who is a major contributor on a championship team. The other is a chucking, empty stats loser.
:biggums:

T_L_P
03-22-2015, 06:38 PM

A little extreme, but I know I would rather have Kawhi on my team than Westbrook.

Spurs5Rings2014
03-22-2015, 06:38 PM

20/7/3 43% FG

His FG efficiency is one of his strongest attributes, I really don't see it dipping to Harden levels.

Hey Yo
03-22-2015, 06:39 PM
Article with charts showing how Spurs are living and dying with/without Kawhi Leonard this season

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2015/03/19/sprung-spurs-are-living-and-dying-withwithout-kawhi-leonard/#6iARFKup9f2APPzY.99

navy
03-22-2015, 06:40 PM
A little extreme, but I know I would rather have Kawhi on my team than Westbrook.
Depends on the team. You would get much farther building on Westbrook by himself than Kawhi by himself.

IncarceratedBob
03-22-2015, 06:41 PM
Kiwi is a sheltered little animal right now. Without Pop and TD he's 15/7/4. he's arron afflalo with corn rows

Spurs5Rings2014
03-22-2015, 06:42 PM
Kiwi is a sheltered little animal right now. Without Pop and TD he's 15/7/4. he's arron afflalo with corn rows

warriorfan
03-22-2015, 06:43 PM
Depends on the team. You would get much farther building on Westbrook by himself than Kawhi by himself.

Kawhi has shown he can be a huge piece on a championship team. Westbrook has shown he can put up triple doubles vs shitty teams at the end of the regular season.

Good luck building a championship team around Westbrook.

You Cant Ban Me
03-22-2015, 06:44 PM
aaron afflalo would never average 7 rebs or 4 assist

navy
03-22-2015, 06:45 PM
Kawhi has showed he can be a huge piece on a championship team. Westbrook has shown he can put up triple doubles vs shitty teams at the end of the regular season.

Good luck building a championship team around Westbrook.
Let's not get it twisted. Westbrook has a much bigger role and load to carry than Kawhi leonard.
Kawhi can play bad in series and still win them. Westbrook doesnt have that luxury even when he had Durant.

bizil
03-22-2015, 06:47 PM
At this point in Leonard's career, he isn't an alpha dog kind of guy. U can give a guy the green light, but that DOESN'T mean the alpha dog is in him. Right now, he's sort of like a peak Marion kind of guy. Can get u 22-23 points a night max along with great rebounding and defending at the SF. As of right now, this is what I think a peak Leonard would eventually be with a green light. Which is a VERY VALUABLE PLAYER! Who can be All NBA and a top 5 SF in the world. But those guys are ALWAYS a level below the superstars like Bron and Durant at the SF.

warriorfan
03-22-2015, 06:47 PM
aaron afflalo would never average 7 rebs or 4 assist

Yea...Leonard is on an other level above Aaron Affalo athletically speaking.

You Cant Ban Me
03-22-2015, 06:50 PM
Let's not get it twisted. Westbrook has a much bigger role and load to carry than Kawhi leonard.
Kawhi can play bad in series and still win them. Westbrook doesnt have that luxury even when he had Durant.
Warrior fans are probably the least knowledgeable fans on this whole forum dont waste your time with them.They legitimately think klay thompson could carry a team by himself like harden is doing

bizil
03-22-2015, 06:51 PM

I agree! Westbrook is simply on another level than Leonard. There is no comparison! Westbrook can be great at every facet of basketball (scoring, passing, rebounding, and defending). Very few players HISTORICALLY can make that same claim. Among SF's Leonard isn't close to domination across the board like that.

Spurs5Rings2014
03-22-2015, 06:58 PM
I agree! Westbrook is simply on another level than Leonard. There is no comparison! Westbrook can be great at every facet of basketball (scoring, passing, rebounding, and defending). Very few players HISTORICALLY can make that same claim. Among SF's Leonard isn't close to domination across the board like that.

Leonard is younger, give him some time. Westbreezy wasn't dominating like he is now his first few seasons and he sure wasn't beasting on the best player in the NBA en route to winning FMVP's either.

:confusedshrug:

inclinerator
03-22-2015, 07:03 PM
20 ppg

sd3035
03-22-2015, 07:04 PM
Leonard is a great player, but he had such an amazing finals because he was matched up against Bran James, one of the worst defenders in the league

You Cant Ban Me
03-22-2015, 07:05 PM
20 ppg
someone answered the OP :eek:

bizil
03-22-2015, 07:05 PM
Leonard is younger, give him some time. Westbreezy wasn't dominating like he is now his first few seasons and he sure wasn't beasting on the best player in the NBA en route to winning FMVP's either.

:confusedshrug:

What's your point? As of now, I would take Westbrook EASILY over Leonard for my team. And even in Westbrook's younger days, you could tell he was an alpha dog who could dominate a game. In his third year, he took that jump.

Leonard has the luxury on playing on juggernaut with the Spurs. Where u have three HOFers and a HOF coach. Westbrook has A LOT MORE ON HIS SHOULDERS than Leonard ever has.

And to be frank, Leonard will likely NEVER be as dominant as Westbrook. For that to happen, he would have to be on the level of guys like Lebron or Durant at the SF. Until Leonard shows the ability to dominate OFFENSIVELY over the long haul, he shouldn't be mentioned with guys like Westbrook.

navy
03-22-2015, 07:07 PM
Westbrook vs Kawhi 2014 Playoffs

26.8/5.7/7.3
11.8/5.5/2.5

Not even comparable tiers.

Can you imagine if Westbrook showed up to a playoff series and averaged 12 points?

Spurs5Rings2014
03-22-2015, 07:15 PM
What's your point? As of now, I would take Westbrook EASILY over Leonard for my team. And even in Westbrook's younger days, you could tell he was an alpha dog who could dominate a game. In his third year, he took that jump.

Leonard has the luxury on playing on juggernaut with the Spurs. Where u have three HOFers and a HOF coach. Westbrook has A LOT MORE ON HIS SHOULDERS than Leonard ever has.

And to be frank, Leonard will likely NEVER be as dominant as Westbrook. For that to happen, he would have to be on the level of guys like Lebron or Durant at the SF. Until Leonard shows the ability to dominate OFFENSIVELY over the long haul, he shouldn't be mentioned with guys like Westbrook.

We've seen flashes of Leonard showing that alpha dog mentality while dominating offensively AND defensively going head to head with the best of them. We already know he can do these things. At this point, it's all about him being able to do it on a more and more consistent basis. Comparing pre-prime Kawhi to prime GOATbrook doesn't really work, though. One is still getting better and has ATG potential (giant hands, insane wingspan, freakish athleticism) while the other has all but maxed his out and is also able to show it because of playing on a team with the other star player being injured. The jury is still out on this one.

:no:

warriorfan
03-22-2015, 07:21 PM

26.8/5.7/7.3
11.8/5.5/2.5

Can you imagine if Westbrook showed up to a playoff series and averaged 12 points?

raw box scores :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

fuccing idiot

navy
03-22-2015, 07:23 PM
raw box scores :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

fuccing idiot
Not even comparable tiers. :no:

bizil
03-22-2015, 07:24 PM
We've seen flashes of Leonard showing that alpha dog mentality while dominating offensively AND defensively going head to head with the best of them. We already know he can do these things. At this point, it's all about him being able to do it on a more and more consistent basis. Comparing pre-prime Kawhi to prime GOATbrook doesn't really work, though. One is still getting better and has ATG potential (giant hands, insane wingspan, freakish athleticism) while the other has all but maxed his out and is also able to show it because of playing on a team with the other star player being injured. The jury is still out on this one.

:no:

In my initial post, I said AS OF NOW Leonard isn't an alpha dog. So I know the jury is still out. Showing flashes and DOING IT OVER A COURSE OF A CAREER are two different things. As of now, Westbrook is a top five player in the world. Leonard isn't even top 15 as of now. At best, I will give him top 20. So we will see how his career progresses. I'm not dissing dude. In my first post I said AS OF NOW! Right now, I project him as at his peak getting 23 points, 8-10 boards, and great defense.

If he proves he can be an alpha dog, then u are talking a guy who can be somewhat similar to a Dr. J. Which is great scoring, great rebounding, and freak athletic ability from the SF. Plus he has those huge Dr. J kind of hands. But Leonard is ALSO a lockdown defender. So if he can put all of that together, then he vs. Westbrook would be a MUCH MORE VALID COMPARISON.

keep-itreal
03-22-2015, 07:53 PM
Rich man's Shane Battier

Spurs m8
03-22-2015, 08:15 PM
Rich man's Shane Battier

One might think this.
If they were a dumb ****

You Cant Ban Me
03-22-2015, 08:17 PM
One might think this.
If they were a dumb ****
negged for the pointless insult

Demitri98
03-22-2015, 08:45 PM
Any above average player could score 20PPG if they were on a garbage team and given the green light to chuck 15+ shots a game

Paul George 24
03-22-2015, 09:29 PM
LEFLOP & THUNDERS FANS STAY SALTY :roll:

Harison
03-23-2015, 02:30 AM
It looks like yellow light to me :lol

Does Kiwi finally has plays drawn for him? Otherwise "green light" doesnt mean anything.

Harison
03-23-2015, 02:39 AM

26.8/5.7/7.3
11.8/5.5/2.5

Its funny you speak about 12 points, its exactly what Harden averaged in the Finals of his 3rd year. Lets compare to Kiwi's 3rd year:

Harden '12 Finals: 12.4/4.8/3.6 @ 37.5 FG%

Kiwi '14 Finals: 17.8/6.4/2.0 @ 61.2 FG%

Kiwi played leaps and bounds better than Haren, including the defense. Efficiency almost twice as good, and Finals MVP as well, what Haren has to show for?

Spurs m8
03-23-2015, 02:44 AM
Good post ^

Gotterdammerung
03-23-2015, 05:39 AM
Article with charts showing how Spurs are living and dying with/without Kawhi Leonard this season

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2015/03/19/sprung-spurs-are-living-and-dying-withwithout-kawhi-leonard/#6iARFKup9f2APPzY.99
Who the hell is Shlomo Sprung?

Paul George 24
03-23-2015, 06:59 AM
LEFLOP STANS IS SCARED :lol

ScarSymmetry
03-23-2015, 07:29 AM

20/7/3 43% FG

I agree on the consistency point.

ArbitraryWater
03-23-2015, 08:58 AM
22/8/3 on 47% with DPOTY defense

Alpha Dog

rmt
03-23-2015, 09:36 AM
He'll need a lot more minutes and practice being the main focus of an offense. He'll also need to learn to pass better out of any double teams that occur as a result of him scoring more. But he's young and hasn't been given the opportunity because of who he plays with. Gotta love the defense though - it's already ELITE.

RightTwoCensor
03-23-2015, 09:43 AM
Anything over 20 PPG is too high, if his team wanted to win.

He doesn't create enough for himself to get up there, his handles are average, and his post game is unproven. Players don't go from 3rd option on a good team to 1st option on a good team unless you're James Harden.

T_L_P
03-23-2015, 09:52 AM
The only thing that is really gonna change in future years is his Usage/the amount of touches he gets.

"The System" isn't deflating his stats. We haven't even run one this year. We've relied on the individual talents to carry us on offense. Sure, there is more ball-sharing and depth than in most teams, but it's not at all like it was last season.

35 MPG, 2nd option Leonard (he can easily be the best player on a title team, but he'll never be the 1st option) is a 19 PPG scorer if you're lucky. There are games where he looks for his shot a lot (in a pretty selfish fashion, I might add), but in most of them he comes up short. He dribbles way too high, he makes his moves without properly reading the defense first (how many times does he get stuck in the paint and has to throw the ball away?), his positioning is off, and he doesn't get the calls when he does attack the rim (the last one is obviously not his fault).

His passing is coming along very nicely though. He's creating more shots for his teammates than I ever thought he would.

sd3035
03-23-2015, 10:03 AM
If he were guarded by Bran James every game, he would certainly have an MVP type of season

Spurs5Rings2014
03-23-2015, 10:18 AM
22/8/3 on 47% with DPOTY defense

Alpha Dog

Mah ninja.

:applause: