PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Hawks are pretenders

Hotlantadude81
03-22-2015, 06:11 PM
Atlanta team doing what they do best... Choking and folding when things start to matter. Hawk fans saying that the team will turn it on when the playoffs start. They know that from all of the great historic playoff runs the team has made in the past.:oldlol:

dannysc305
03-22-2015, 06:12 PM
That isn't breaking news

warriorfan
03-22-2015, 06:12 PM
Atlanta team doing what they do best... Choking and folding when things start to matter. Hawk fans saying that the team will turn it on when the playoffs start. They know that from all of the great historic playoff runs the team has made in the past.:oldlol:

Yep

The_Pharcyde
03-22-2015, 06:14 PM
I don't think they are gonna be that crazy good in the playoffs

But at the same time they do have a 8 game lead with like 11 left, maybe they are mailing some of these meaningless games in, don't matter yet

J Shuttlesworth
03-22-2015, 06:14 PM
Why do people overreact so much over regular season games?

Hawks go undefeated for a month - "LOL JUST THE REGULAR SEASON"

Hawks lose to the Spurs in the regular season "LOL, PRETENDERS"

Spurs lose to the Knicks in the regular season.... nothing

navy
03-22-2015, 06:15 PM
Not every Hawks game is a statement game.

ShawkFactory
03-22-2015, 06:15 PM
What do you mean when things start to matter? Implying that today's game mattered?

Hotlantadude81
03-22-2015, 06:22 PM
Why do people overreact so much over regular season games?

Hawks go undefeated for a month - "LOL JUST THE REGULAR SEASON"

Hawks lose to the Spurs in the regular season "LOL, PRETENDERS"

Spurs lose to the Knicks in the regular season.... nothing

They're 13-9 since the start of Feb... In that time they have have been blown out by Toronto, Golden State, Denver, SA and OKC basically turned that game into a rout in the 4th period the other night. They also lost to Philly and they lost to Boston right before the all star break.

Yeah, they've beat the Cavs, but that's about all they have done the last month and a half.

Their run is over.

Hotlantadude81
03-22-2015, 06:23 PM
What do you mean when things start to matter? Implying that today's game mattered?

Teams are supposed to be getting ready for the playoffs now instead of getting blown out almost every game.

J Shuttlesworth
03-22-2015, 06:28 PM
They're 13-9 since the start of Feb... In that time they have have been blown out by Toronto, Golden State, Denver, SA and OKC basically turned that game into a rout in the 4th period the other night. They also lost to Philly and they lost to Boston right before the all star break.

Yeah, they've beat the Cavs, but that's about all they have done the last month and a half.

Their run is over.
Well for the sake of the Cavs, I hope you're right :lol

Hotlantadude81
03-22-2015, 06:29 PM

They've basically got owned in 4 of their last 5 games.

Maybe the players are holding back to some degree, but that doesn't mean you can always crank it up for the playoffs. This team has been slipping since the 19-0 run ended.

Hotlantadude81
Steve Kerr should now be awarded COY since this team has fallen off the wagon.

navy
They've basically got owned in 4 of their last 5 games.

Maybe the players are holding back to some degree, but that doesn't mean you can always crank it up for the playoffs. This team has been slipping since the 19-0 run ended.
They've also had injuries and have been resting players. :confusedshrug:

Hotlantadude81
03-22-2015, 06:31 PM
They've also had injuries and have been resting players. :confusedshrug:

All they have been missing is minor players... Guys like Mike Scott and Thabo. Korver missed a couple of games, but he was back today and he made no difference. If you can't win without some 15 MPG bench guys... You're team is not all that good.

sportjames23
03-22-2015, 06:33 PM

You tell that to hawkfan?

navy
03-22-2015, 06:33 PM
All they have been missing is minor players... Guys like Mike Scott and Thabo. Korver missed a couple of games, but he was back today and he made no difference. If you can't win without some 15 MPG bench guys... You're team is not all that good.
They are a good team. Are they favorites? No of course not. It is what it is. Lets be real they only need to make the ECF for the season to be a success.

J Shuttlesworth
03-22-2015, 06:34 PM
They are a good team. Are they favorites? No of course not. It is what it is. Lets be real they only need to maker the ECF for the season to be a success.
4 all stars?
16-0 in the playoffs or bust

Crimsonrain777
03-22-2015, 06:38 PM
i havent watched any Hawks games lately. But i wouldn't be surprised if they are just resting up for a deep playoff run

Hotlantadude81
03-22-2015, 06:38 PM
They are a good team. Are they favorites? No of course not. It is what it is. Lets be real they only need to make the ECF for the season to be a success.

Good team? Because of what they did 2 months ago?

They're a 45 win team that overachieved for 2 months. That's really all there is too it. The only reason they have any shot at all is because they play in the east. Could you picture this team in the finals? It would be the worst team to make the finals in decades... Possibly ever.

Hotlantadude81
03-22-2015, 06:41 PM
And losing in the 3rd round doesn't mean anything. Nobody will care in the long run.

warriorfan
03-22-2015, 06:41 PM
4 all stars?
16-0 in the playoffs or bust

4 all stars but they are all borderline all stars. No superstar/mvp level player is what most people's knock on them is.

Hotlantadude81
03-22-2015, 06:42 PM
4 all stars but they are all borderline all stars. No superstar/mvp level player is what most people's knock on them is.

None of their all stars would make the all star game in the west.

navy
03-22-2015, 06:43 PM
Good team? Because of what they did 2 months ago?

They're a 45 win team that overachieved for 2 months. That's really all there is too it. The only reason they have any shot at all is because they play in the east. Could you picture this team in the finals? It would be the worst team to make the finals in decades... Possibly ever.
Yes. A good team. They are still gonna 60 give or take games. That's good.

Like I said, they arent favorites.

Hotlantadude81
03-22-2015, 06:46 PM
Yes. A good team. They are still gonna 60 give or take games. That's good.

Like I said, they arent favorites.

That says more about the poor state of the NBA than anything.

But it's going to be a hollow 60 wins because this team peaked months ago.

navy
03-22-2015, 06:57 PM
That says more about the poor state of the NBA than anything.

But it's going to be a hollow 60 wins because this team peaked months ago.
Hollow 60.

The hawks will take it.

Spurs5Rings2014
03-22-2015, 07:09 PM
You tell that to hawkfan?

:lol

Hotlantadude81
03-22-2015, 07:11 PM
Hollow 60.

The hawks will take it.

They will have plenty of time to enjoy it after the first or 2nd round.

navy
03-22-2015, 07:15 PM
They will have plenty of time to enjoy it after the first or 2nd round.
If the Hawks lose in the first then the franchise should be contracted.

atljonesbro
03-22-2015, 07:19 PM
Can't wait to see how mad Hotlantadude gets when the hawks win it all this year.

Hotlantadude81
03-22-2015, 07:31 PM
when the hawks win it all this year.

http://img.pandawhale.com/80451-goodfellas-laughing-gif-Imgur-mWjs.gif

Even if the did... They would be the weakest champion in NBA history most likely.

AnaheimLakers24
03-22-2015, 07:37 PM
Most players on the team are on contract years. They dont care about the team or playoffs. They just waitjng for offseason

Derka
03-22-2015, 07:45 PM
What are you on about? It's March. No one wins a title in March. Worry when it's the end of April.

gts
03-22-2015, 07:46 PM
Hawks are far from being pretenders, their record isn't a fluke, they didn't just luck into the second best record in the league..

Couple questions I have are (without spending time on research right now) is how many players on their team have deep playoff experience

Who's their closer? who's the one guy who can take over the game when the pressures on? Who despite be the focus of the opposing teams defense can drag the team to a victory?

Hotlantadude81
03-22-2015, 07:50 PM
Hawks are far from being pretenders, their record isn't a fluke, they didn't just luck into the second best record in the league..

Couple questions I have are (without spending time on research right now) is how many players on their team have deep playoff experience

Who's their closer? who's the one guy who can take over the game when the pressures on? Who despite be the focus of the opposing teams defense can drag the team to a victory?

What have they won? A division with no other good teams in it?

They lost in the first round last year. It's not like this is a team without playoff success. They played great in the first half of the year when nobody was taking them seriously and the season wasn't important to most teams.

Hotlantadude81
03-22-2015, 07:51 PM
What are you on about? It's March. No one wins a title in March. Worry when it's the end of April.

You can use this logic to justify any level of crappy play.

atljonesbro
03-22-2015, 07:58 PM
You can use this logic to justify any level of crappy play.
Talking bout logic :facepalm Your busted ass logic only applies to the Hawks and you've admitted it too :oldlol:

gts
03-22-2015, 07:58 PM
What have they won? A division with no other good teams in it?

They lost in the first round last year. It's not like this is a team without playoff success. They played great in the first half of the year when nobody was taking them seriously and the season wasn't important to most teams.:rolleyes:

Hotlantadude81
03-22-2015, 08:09 PM
Talking bout logic :facepalm Your busted ass logic only applies to the Hawks and you've admitted it too :oldlol:

I don't know you bother to engage me... I've owned you in basically any conversation that we've ever had.

Hotlantadude81
03-22-2015, 08:11 PM
:rolleyes:

That's your response?

What have they won? They played great for 2 months when nobody took them that seriously.

They're 13-9 since the start of Feb. Teams are getting ready for the playoffs now and their running the Hawks out of the building.

If they're so great, why are they folding when teams are supposed to be gearing up for the playoffs?

atljonesbro
03-22-2015, 08:22 PM
I don't know you bother to engage me... I've owned you in basically any conversation that we've ever had.
You don't own anyone :oldlol: . Never have and you never will. Can't wait to see how mad you are when the Hawks win this year. You're so caught up in being right with your shitty logic that you'd rather them lose than win so them winning a championship would just crush your spirit

beastee
03-22-2015, 08:23 PM
I love watching hawks fans fight. It's all...

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvr8zgi9fk1qg39ewo1_500.gif

PejaTheSerbSnip
03-22-2015, 08:27 PM
Fans of other sports would laugh at you guys and your short memories lol. Never seen so many people repeatedly put a lot of stock in incredibly minute sample sizes.

Hotlantadude81
03-22-2015, 10:06 PM
You don't own anyone :oldlol: . Never have and you never will. Can't wait to see how mad you are when the Hawks win this year. You're so caught up in being right with your shitty logic that you'd rather them lose than win so them winning a championship would just crush your spirit

I own you in almost any encounter we have.

I've been right about them in pretty much all of these years before and I will be right this time too. I admit that I don't expect a push for 60 wins. But nobody else was predicting that either. But this team is not winning a title. When they fall short of that, you will be stuck with just talking about how great the regular season was or wallowing in some other moral victory.

No, they will not give up 115 PPG in the playoffs like they have been doing, but no championship is a comin'.

Atlanta teams are all the same... Pretty much failures when it matters most.

Hotlantadude81
03-22-2015, 11:26 PM
Imitation game: How 'Spurs East' falls short

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/72687/imitation-game-how-spurs-east-falls-short

ESPN nailing it. :applause:

Captvic
03-23-2015, 07:26 AM
They already won the division I think theyre just riding it out. Guarenteed HCA anways. I'm not worried.