PDA

View Full Version : Who careers will be better at retirement???

ATL_Bball_King
03-23-2015, 12:25 PM
Steve Nash Vs Steph Curry

Westbrook Vs Jason Kidd

James Harden Vs Kevin Durant

Demarcus Cousins Vs Dwight Howard

Kevin Garnett Vs Anythony Davis

Andrew Wiggins Vs Kevin Love

Ray Allen Vs Klay Thompson

WhiteSide Vs Deandre Jordan

Blake Griffin Vs Lemarcus Aldridge

Who will have the better career??

You Cant Ban Me
03-23-2015, 12:27 PM
http://media.fyre.co/2ulWrOcJQ7SnpEmoD6EQ_Hc2jbc0KR06aFmOlMaWA_okc-party1.gif

ATL_Bball_King
03-23-2015, 12:41 PM
Id say

Demarcus- by a lil
Jordan- by alot
Aldridge- by a lil
Cousins
Ray Allen-by a lil
Durant
Wiggins- by alot

Undecided
Nash vs Curry
Westbrook vs Kidd

aj1987
03-23-2015, 12:48 PM
Id say

Demarcus- by a lil
Jordan- by alot
Aldridge- by a lil
Ray Allen-by a lil
Durant
Wiggins- by alot

Undecided
Nash vs Curry
Westbrook vs Kidd
Are you sure? Howard is a 3x DPOY, 6x All-NBA, and 5x All-D for his career. Thus far. Cousins needs to win an MVP (doubt it) or a ring with FMVP to be ranked over Dwight.

Joyner82reload
03-23-2015, 12:51 PM

Westbrook Vs Jason Kidd

/thread

ATL_Bball_King
03-23-2015, 12:52 PM
Are you sure? Howard is a 3x DPOY, 6x All-NBA, and 5x All-D for his career. Thus far. Cousins needs to win an MVP (doubt it) or a ring with FMVP to be ranked over Dwight.

I could see Cousins getting an MVP in his prime... Once he gets smarter and has a better team around him

ATL_Bball_King
03-23-2015, 12:57 PM
/thread

How did you come to the conclusion of

KG
Nash
Kidd

Just curious?

Demitri98
03-23-2015, 01:03 PM
Steve Nash Vs Steph Curry: Nash

Westbrook Vs Jason Kidd: Westbrook

James Harden Vs Kevin Durant: Too early to tell

Demarcus Cousins Vs Dwight Howard: Don't know what will happen in Cousins' future

Kevin Garnett Vs Anythony Davis: KG

Andrew Wiggins Vs Kevin Love: Wiggins

Ray Allen Vs Klay Thompson: Ray Allen

WhiteSide Vs Deandre Jordan: DeAndre

Blake Griffin Vs Lemarcus Aldridge: Griffin

greatest-ever
03-23-2015, 01:14 PM
Nash: although it will be very close, i have Nash 26-27th on my goat list. Curry can pass that but i doubt he does. People may not realize but he is already 27 it isn't like he has another decade of elite play still left.

Westbrook vs Kidd: tough but i lean Westbrook, he is already peaking higer and he should have several quality seasons left.

Durant: Health is a question but i think Kd will get healthy and have several more elite seasons. Harden is great he isn't KD. He has a lot of catching up to do as far as the playoff success that Kd has.

Dwight: Cousins has still a long career ahead of him but lack of team success can hinder him, and he won't be the defensive force that dwight was. Also Dwight's career is not evdn over yet.

KG: Davis has the potential to pass KG but it's such a tall order that i find it unlikely. Kg played 20 seasons.

Probably Wiggins. Especially if love stays in cleveland, winning rings as a 3rd option won't be better for his legacy than putting up 25 12 as the main guy.

Ray allen. I don't see this as even being close. Thompson will probably be closer to a Peja than he is ray allen.

Tough. Deandre already has quite a few seasons as a quality big man in this league. Whiteside's first season as a legit starter is coming at age 25-26. He got a lot of work to do. Ill go with DJ.

Griffin: this won't be that close imo. Their careers are comparable now and Griffin is 4-5 years younger.

IncarceratedBob
03-23-2015, 01:22 PM
You have to consider that the media large in part hates Dwight Howard. It won't take much for them to prop up DMC as > Dwight.

greatest-ever
03-23-2015, 01:25 PM
You have to consider that the media large in part hates Dwight Howard. It won't take much for them to prop up DMC as > Dwight.
Who cares what the media thinks? Their opinion won't be fact.

Wade's Rings
03-23-2015, 01:29 PM

Westbrook Vs Jason Kidd

Undecided on Blake or Lemarcus.

NBAplayoffs2001
03-23-2015, 01:30 PM

Way too early to tell. But I will say Steph Curry. He plays better defense than Nash but Nash is the better pure point guard.

Westbrook Vs Jason Kidd

I thought Kidd was by far the best pg in the league from 2001 to 2003 bar none. Dude took the helpless Nets to back to back finals. Stephen Marbury on this team before Kidd made them perennial losers.

Kevin Durant, seriously? lol. :lol

Dwight Howard. He led the Magic to the finals in 2009 and had a great MVP type season in 2011. Yes, the Lakers legacy does hinder him despite being only one off year.

Bar no serious injuries for Davis and he has a lengthy career, I think this will be one of the most interesting debates in 10 years. But KG is a proven MVP/DPOY and NBA champion so for now KG by a good margin.

Andrew Wiggins period. This kid can end up being a superstar. Way better at 19 than I thought he would be. Kevin Love may put up monster rebounding numbers but he plays no defense and is a stretch 4. Never was a superstar and never will be with the defense and lack of athleticism. Also IMO, his drive isn't too high. Doesn't seem all that motivated to be the best power forward in the league.

Ray Allen. He nearly carried the Bucks to the NBA finals in 2001 with Glenn Robinson. I don't think people really remember he wasn't always a shooter. Ray Allen was pretty darn athletic in his early days and in my opinion, a better athlete than Klay in their early career.

Without Chris Paul, I have a hard time believing Deandre Jordan could average more than 6 pts a game. But he is a defensive stud and can get you 20+ rebounds a night. So Deandre Jordan by a good margin.

Lemarcus Aldridge but due to media always hyping up Griffin's dunk it will appear it is Griffin. I believe Aldridge's career will be as unappreciated as Chris Webber's was by casual fans. Webber was a beast of a player and despite Aldridge not having the skill level of Webber, they do have somewhat similar play styles that probably won't garner them championships but some great postseasons.

greatest-ever
03-23-2015, 01:36 PM
Steve Nash Vs Steph Curry: Nash

Westbrook Vs Jason Kidd: Westbrook

James Harden Vs Kevin Durant: Too early to tell

Demarcus Cousins Vs Dwight Howard: Don't know what will happen in Cousins' future

Kevin Garnett Vs Anythony Davis: KG

Andrew Wiggins Vs Kevin Love: Wiggins

Ray Allen Vs Klay Thompson: Ray Allen

WhiteSide Vs Deandre Jordan: DeAndre

Blake Griffin Vs Lemarcus Aldridge: Griffin
How the hell is Harden vs Kd too early to tell? They are only a year apart and KD is far ahead of him career wise. More prime years, way more playoff success...the only way Harden will end up better is if Kd ends up being grant hill due to injuries.

ATL_Bball_King
03-23-2015, 01:57 PM

Way too early to tell. But I will say Steph Curry. He plays better defense than Nash but Nash is the better pure point guard.

Westbrook Vs Jason Kidd

I thought Kidd was by far the best pg in the league from 2001 to 2003 bar none. Dude took the helpless Nets to back to back finals. Stephen Marbury on this team before Kidd made them perennial losers.

Kevin Durant, seriously? lol. :lol

Dwight Howard. He led the Magic to the finals in 2009 and had a great MVP type season in 2011. Yes, the Lakers legacy does hinder him despite being only one off year.

Bar no serious injuries for Davis and he has a lengthy career, I think this will be one of the most interesting debates in 10 years. But KG is a proven MVP/DPOY and NBA champion so for now KG by a good margin.

Andrew Wiggins period. This kid can end up being a superstar. Way better at 19 than I thought he would be. Kevin Love may put up monster rebounding numbers but he plays no defense and is a stretch 4. Never was a superstar and never will be with the defense and lack of athleticism. Also IMO, his drive isn't too high. Doesn't seem all that motivated to be the best power forward in the league.

Ray Allen. He nearly carried the Bucks to the NBA finals in 2001 with Glenn Robinson. I don't think people really remember he wasn't always a shooter. Ray Allen was pretty darn athletic in his early days and in my opinion, a better athlete than Klay in their early career.

Without Chris Paul, I have a hard time believing Deandre Jordan could average more than 6 pts a game. But he is a defensive stud and can get you 20+ rebounds a night. So Deandre Jordan by a good margin.

Lemarcus Aldridge but due to media always hyping up Griffin's dunk it will appear it is Griffin. I believe Aldridge's career will be as unappreciated as Chris Webber's was by casual fans. Webber was a beast of a player and despite Aldridge not having the skill level of Webber, they do have somewhat similar play styles that probably won't garner them championships but some great postseasons.

You cant see Whiteside being a dominant force on Defense getting 20+...Can whitside be a good scorer?

maybe Gobert vs Whitside would of been a better..

Is Griffin at his ceiling??

Dragonyeuw
03-23-2015, 02:00 PM
All of the 'new' guys on the list are in the first half of their careers, way too soon to start projecting how they'll measure up with players whose careers are etched in stone.

ATL_Bball_King
03-23-2015, 02:08 PM
All of the 'new' guys on the list are in the first half of their careers, way too soon to start projecting how they'll measure up with players whose careers are etched in stone.

What about the guys that are both new? who you got?

Dragonyeuw
03-23-2015, 02:17 PM
What about the guys that are both new? who you got?

In those cases:

James Harden Vs Kevin Durant- Barring Injury, IMO Durant has top 15-20 GOAT potential, Harden doesn't. Easily Durant here for me.

Andrew Wiggins Vs Kevin Love- Love's stock seems to have dropped since coming to Cleveland, or rather the holes in his game are becoming exposed now that he's actually playing in meaningful games. I think Wiggins has more potential, but even then, he's hardly played enough to know how he'll turn out. Look at Tyreke Evans, after his rookie year he was pegged as a future superstar but it never worked out that way.

WhiteSide Vs Deandre Jordan- hmmm... Whiteside kinda burst onto the scene, and has displayed dominant defensive ability. Jordan's pretty much established and not sure how much better he will get though he's become one heck of a rebounder. Whiteside may have more upside as an individual overall talent, but hard to say who will wind up with the 'better' career right now. Need to see more from Whiteside first...

HOoopCityJones
03-23-2015, 02:29 PM
That Kevin Durant and Harden comparison is cringe worthy. Basketball fans have to be the most "What have you done for me lately" fans on the planet. Flaky as fucc.

This ni99a KD was just ballin outta his mind last year.

SexSymbol
03-23-2015, 02:40 PM

Westbrook Vs Jason Kidd

book it

RightTwoCensor
03-23-2015, 03:30 PM
Steve Nash

Jason Kidd

James Harden

Dwight Howard

Kevin Garnett

Kevin Love

Ray Allen

Deandre Jordan

Lemarcus Aldridge (learn to spell, dumb****)

RightTwoCensor
03-23-2015, 03:32 PM
Kevin Durant is done. He's been Grant Hill'd. James Harden needs to have a couple more seasons of MVP Caliber basketball plus one MVP award and he's already neck and neck with Durant.

John Tesh
03-23-2015, 03:46 PM
/thread

Agreed, except Wiggins will be better than Love. The only thing Love may have is potential rings as a 3rd man.

ATL_Bball_King
03-23-2015, 03:50 PM
Overall Consensus

Dwight
Ray Allen

All others are still split...

ATL_Bball_King
03-23-2015, 03:52 PM
Kevin Durant is done. He's been Grant Hill'd. James Harden needs to have a couple more seasons of MVP Caliber basketball plus one MVP award and he's already neck and neck with Durant.

How is KD done???

Its not even Derrick Rose bad yet...

greatest-ever
03-23-2015, 05:02 PM
How is KD done???

Its not even Derrick Rose bad yet...
He's a Harden stan. To him, Harden will probably go down as a top 10 ever. He's biased as f**k and not in touch with reality.

KD could retire today and he'd be a top 40 ever imo. Harden has a ways to go to crack that category and if he keeps dissapearing in the playoffs that will make it even harder.

funnystuff
03-23-2015, 05:06 PM
The only way KD would be below Harden at retirement is if he never played again.