PDA

View Full Version : Why do you hate the way Harden plays so much

You Cant Ban Me
03-23-2015, 10:08 PM
he found a way to draw fouls that is more effective than anyway anyone else draws fouls.He tricks you into hitting his arms when he drives and if you dont contest the shot when he drives its basically a uncontested layup.You hate that but have no problem with people who draw fouls from pump faking.

Beastmode88
03-23-2015, 10:09 PM
like durant his stats are way overrated.

You Cant Ban Me
03-23-2015, 10:10 PM
like durant his stats are way overrated.
how? explain

RightToCensor
03-23-2015, 10:11 PM
People dislike he's having a better season than Peak Kobe and Peak Wade. Kobe was the 7th seed in the West, Wade finished the season with only 43 wins, and James Harden is on the path to finish 2nd in the Western Conference and possibly winning his Division's Title (toughest division in the league) without an All-Star teammate.

navy
03-23-2015, 10:12 PM
It's basically the Durant rip through move while moving.

Other times Harden just flops.

Why on earth would anyone like that?

You Cant Ban Me
03-23-2015, 10:14 PM
It's basically the Durant rip through move while moving.

Other times Harden just flops.

Why on earth would anyone like that?
Name a great scorer who plays today that doesnt flop...

24-Inch_Chrome
03-23-2015, 10:14 PM
His style of play doesn't really do anything for me. I can respect Harden's play/impact this season, I think he's got a good chance at winning the MVP...but I don't really enjoy watching him play. Just my opinion, me not enjoying his style of play shouldn't take away from your enjoyment of it.

You Cant Ban Me
03-23-2015, 10:16 PM
His style of play doesn't really do anything for me. I can respect Harden's play/impact this season, I think he's got a good chance at winning the MVP...but I don't really enjoy watching him play. Just my opinion, me not enjoying his style of play shouldn't take away from your enjoyment of it.
what is "his style of play"

warriorfan
03-23-2015, 10:17 PM
Because it isn't good for an offense to rely on a guy to be so ball dominant and either drive and kick or drive and flop. Look at his USG% compared to his AST%. He doesn't keep his teammates active in the game. That isn't how you build a good offense.

navy
03-23-2015, 10:17 PM
Name a great scorer who plays today that doesnt flop...
It's just extra with Harden because of all the free throws he shoots.

I dont hate Harden or his game to be honest. He's done a good job of showing how good a player he really is.

But he better show up in the playoffs.

RightToCensor
03-23-2015, 10:18 PM
Why exactly is this legal? Because it happens every game Lebron plays.

http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/flop1.gif

24-Inch_Chrome
03-23-2015, 10:21 PM
what is "his style of play"

I don't think there's any point in getting into this, it's why I added that last line in my original post. My personal criticisms of his play have been/will be hashed out in this thread by other detractors.

I'm just saying I don't enjoy watching him play. Not the end of the world...

You Cant Ban Me
Because it isn't good for an offense to rely on a guy to be so ball dominant and either drive and kick or drive and flop. Look at his USG% compared to his AST%. He doesn't keep his teammates active in the game. That isn't how you build a good offense.
You're right he doesnt try to create shots for everyone like rondo or lebron he actually just gives them the ball and lets them create their own shots....i know crazy way to play right?

Keno
i saw on my phone that harden got another 40 pt game. i said to myself, if it's with another 20+ freethrows, i swear to god. and hey what do you know...harden is becoming overrated very quickly.

ABfor3
03-23-2015, 10:22 PM
Not going to lie, Im not a big fan of watching Harden shoot free throws all day however, he does earn MOST of those calls..He keeps his arms low and extends the ball leaving the defender no choice but to foul him. That's the thing about Harden, he stays low.

You Cant Ban Me
03-23-2015, 10:23 PM
I don't think there's any point in getting into this, it's why I added that last line in my original post. My personal criticisms of his play have been/will be hashed out in this thread by other detractors.

I'm just saying I don't enjoy watching him play. Not the end of the world...
why post in this thread if you dont want to get into it...

noob cake
03-23-2015, 10:23 PM
Instead of blaming defenders for not being able to stay in front of him, they blame harden for drawing fouls.

I guess people rather watch him get layups all game.

RightToCensor
03-23-2015, 10:24 PM
Using BBRef, criteria is 6-4 to 6-7 players who plays G or G-F (simulates the average SG).

AST% (34.8) and WS (sorted): Ranks 5th behind Big O, Gary Payton, and Dwyane Wade

USG% (30.0) and WS (sorted): Ranks 16th behind Michael Jordan (10), Kobe, Dwyane Wade

Spurs m8
03-23-2015, 10:24 PM
Because he is a joke that no true basketball lover could ever appreciate.

He rapes the game to suit his shitness.

No respect

Cheers

You Cant Ban Me
03-23-2015, 10:25 PM
Instead of blaming defenders for not being able to stay in front of him, they blame harden for drawing fouls.

I guess people rather watch him get layups all game.
they would just hate on him for that i can just see it..

(IN AN ANNOYING WHINEY LITTLE BCH VOICE)"Well all he does is drive all game! thats not good he never shoots! i hate watching him play like that he just protects his fg % by driving all game trying to draw fouls.He could never blow by people like that if hand checking was aloud."

sd3035
03-23-2015, 10:39 PM
It's mostly the one Bran fanatic and his ten alts that hate on Harden. He/they are upset because yet another player has surpassed Bran

knicksman
03-23-2015, 10:47 PM
because its not dependable like brans bulldozer move. These guys just gets exposed come playoffs time.

RRR3
03-23-2015, 10:51 PM
I enjoy watching Harden

Chadwin
03-23-2015, 11:05 PM
I don't.

It's efficient and gets the other team in foul trouble.

stephanieg
03-23-2015, 11:06 PM
Harden is the embodiment of everything wrong with the modern day NBA. That he is one of the best players says a lot about the state of the league.

LoneyROY7
03-23-2015, 11:46 PM
People dislike he's having a better season than Peak Kobe and Peak Wade. Kobe was the 7th seed in the West, Wade finished the season with only 43 wins, and James Harden is on the path to finish 2nd in the Western Conference and possibly winning his Division's Title (toughest division in the league) without an All-Star teammate.

Peak Kobe and Wade would leave Harden broken and battered, lying naked on the center court logo with nothing to keep him warm but his beard.

RightTwoCensor
03-24-2015, 12:10 AM
Peak Kobe and Wade would leave Harden broken and battered, lying naked on the center court logo with nothing to keep him warm but his beard.
While picking up an L to The Beard