PDA

View Full Version : College isn't a necessary if you have a plan.

RightToCensor
03-23-2015, 10:57 PM
Future knowledge for you young whipersnappers.

College is nothing but learning to get proficient at a course while racking up college debt. You can learn certain courses online for free.

For example, if you wanted to become proficient in Architecture you can go to YouTube and learn step-by-step tutorials of Revit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK5vzKmlpmA&list=PLck3TkH9FM62KhzGPpSl73ghQEuPQbqs9

The big minus from not going to college is getting that degree that you can use in the job force to separate you from the next guy.

Budadiiii
03-23-2015, 10:59 PM
What's your plan?

RightToCensor
03-23-2015, 11:03 PM
1. Graduate High School

2a. Learn to Code via OneRails
3a. Go through with making the website I have planned

or

2b. Become proficient in Autodesk Inventor
3b. Open The First "3-D Printing Warehouse" for the public's use

NBAplayoffs2001
03-23-2015, 11:04 PM
1. Graduate High School

or

For serious, college isn't needed but you definitely need to have a plan. I know someone whose very close to touching six figures without a college degree and he's 24-25. He's been working since he was 18 and has plenty of money saved up rather than being in debt.

RightToCensor
03-23-2015, 11:07 PM
It's about being motivated to be successful, if you go through the flow of life you'll end up nowhere. I can earn a solid income by the time I'm in my mid-20s if I stay focused.

I can't see how so many people don't succeed in life. Find something you love doing and build off it, don't be content with working at Fast Food restaurants.

RightToCensor
03-23-2015, 11:10 PM
Part of the issue is probably getting startup cash for your business. I'm blessed to have my parents agree to paying my way through learning OneRails. Inventor on the other hand is very expensive, part 1 of my trial to success for option B is purchasing the program.

gts
03-23-2015, 11:11 PM
necessity... College isn't a "necessity" if you have a plan

The 3D printer warehouse idea is a good one

I've been thinking about getting one, been watching a newer one on the market that does carbon fiber and kevlar composite parts... would be great for some applications on a racecar

RightToCensor
03-23-2015, 11:15 PM
Pretty sure it works either way. The way I post is the way I talk in real life, I'm not looking to spend much time on staying grammatically correct if people understand what my intentions are.

waseem780
03-23-2015, 11:22 PM
I am about to graduate and I know college isn't for me but theres no other options , the only career i'd actually like would be a pro sports player. I have no academic interests.... im just gonna be a doctor or engineer for the hell of it

ace23
03-23-2015, 11:25 PM
im just gonna be a doctor or engineer for the hell of it
Good luck. You'll need it.

plowking
03-23-2015, 11:42 PM

Exactly. This thread fell flat on its face before it started.

Worse than those who don't know the difference between dominant and dominate. A few could really use college on here.

DeuceWallaces
03-23-2015, 11:43 PM
:oldlol: Good luck with architecture via YouTube.

BigBoss
03-23-2015, 11:47 PM
I don't regret college one bit. I paid for the experience--the friendships made, the parties, learning all kinds of shit and discovering myself and my values, etc. I will encourage my kids to go to college. It's just a time to GROW as a person.

OP is just a loser who is trying to justify not going to college like any other college drop out or who skipped. Statistically speaking college graduates make more money. Proof is in the pudding.

DeuceWallaces
03-23-2015, 11:54 PM
People regretting picking up thousands of dollars in debt just to learn about plants.

A good plan would be succeeding in school such that you do not have to incur debt in order gain technical skills necessary for success in the current job market.

Step one for you is getting a style book and learning how to write a ****ing sentence.

Then again, maybe writing isn't a necessary for your 3D warehouse.

triangleoffense
03-23-2015, 11:54 PM
It really depends if you are to follow through or not and also unfortunately on one's financial situation.. I was lucky enough to have opportunities but I understand a lot of people don't.. I just wouldn't trust any crank/hack on youtube making videos.. make sure to verify credentials and try to be self-taught from .edu sources

For example MIT and other well-known universities have plenty of free online courses, you would be surprised as to how accessible higher education can be.

Milbuck
03-24-2015, 12:00 AM
I have no academic interests.... im just gonna be a doctor or engineer for the hell of it
You can't just "for the hell of it" your way through an engineering degree or med school, dude.

nightprowler10
03-24-2015, 12:01 AM
College isn't a necessity if you're lucky and you know how to cash in on your luck.

Simple.

DeuceWallaces
03-24-2015, 12:13 AM
All careers don't pay the same as the next, getting a return on your investment of a college education takes time. Add bills and loans and you end up in a financial struggle of when you're able to pay everyone off before you retire.

I'm not excusing everyone from skipping college, I'm pointing out that there are cheaper alternatives to became certified and proficient at certain careers.

Thanks to a year long course I took my junior year of High School, I'm certified with Autodesk Inventor. All I need is a couple of months of practice with further refining my skills and learning how to Print and I'm ready to focus on the business aspect of building up the Warehouse.

Sounds like you need to convince yourself; not us. This thread is just you trying to justify whatever mistakes you made in your academic history.

The fact is, if you don't waste time and money in college you will incur minimal debt that can be made up within a couple years of graduation in addition to now having a career that gives you greater prestige and flexibility in your everyday life.

nightprowler10
03-24-2015, 12:15 AM
The fact is, if you don't waste time and money in college you will incur minimal debt that can be made up within a couple years of graduation
What country do you live in?

DeuceWallaces
03-24-2015, 12:20 AM
You're just trolling so I'll leave you to your musings. I live in the states, had parents who barely made it out of high school, but managed to make it through academia.

Guess I had a plan. Good luck with your printing and YouTube videos.

D-FENS
03-24-2015, 12:21 AM

I noticed that, too.
OP's thread title is a great example of an oxymoron.

gts
03-24-2015, 12:24 AM
Pretty sure it works either way. The way I post is the way I talk in real life, I'm not looking to spend much time on staying grammatically correct if people understand what my intentions are.

You're going to want to rethink that way of thinking if you're going to have a go at the business world without a degree. Hell even with a degree you're not going far if you willfully decide sounding like an ignorant sap is an OK approach.

You're clearly a smart enough guy. Don't handicap yourself in the name of some misguided notion that people don't pay attention to things like grammar when you're sitting down face to face or they're leafing through your 30 page business plan on why they should be loaning you their money

Cali Syndicate
03-24-2015, 12:27 AM

One of the most competitive fields out there....but but I learned on YouTube

Jameerthefear
03-24-2015, 12:38 AM
idk man my parents are making me go to college !

Jameerthefear
03-24-2015, 12:44 AM
If they are paying for it then go right ahead, to me the debt isn't worth it when you can get the same education a pace that better suits yourself at home.

Depending on your career choice you might have to go to college.
nah they ain't paying for it. my parents are broke. both my sisters in college tho

RightToCensor
03-24-2015, 12:51 AM
nah they ain't paying for it. my parents are broke. both my sisters in college tho
When I finish Plan A I'll see how difficult it is to build a career at home. By the time I finish I should have enough time to enroll in CC if things go wrong.

Cocaine80s
03-24-2015, 01:31 AM
I wanna go to college tho

fvck some college ***** and get money nom sayin

Hopefully i can get into a good one

RightToCensor
03-24-2015, 01:33 AM
Young adults need to stop following the norms in life. There is always a way around the system to be successful or paid.

RoseCity07
03-24-2015, 03:41 AM
Let's see. My uncle graduated from Reed College and ended up becoming CEO of a company. He was CEO for 30 years. As a low paid CEO he was making well over 200k a year.

My uncle, also graduated from Reed, went on to get a job as a market researcher for a few different companies. He makes well over 200k a year. I know this because he supports my two cousins, one living in North Hollywood and the other in Oakland. Neither of them have jobs.

So having a college degree is huge. If you do have a plan great. Employers want competent people. A degree at least proves you have dedication.

Bosnian Sajo
03-24-2015, 03:45 AM
1. Graduate High School

or

If it's that easy, then why don't all programmers just learn online instead of going to school? I mean programmers aren't dumb people, surely there is a reason they are going to school...

If you're really computer savvy, I suppose you could teach yourself. But you would have to have general knowledge to be able to pick up coding by yourself. People go to college for this stuff because it is easier to learn it from seeing it done by someone who already knows how to, being able to ask questions and having the prof explain to you how to do it, what you may be doing wrong, and give you guidance on how to improve.

What's cool about programming jobs though is that the employer isn't necessarily going to ask you what degree you have, instead they will ask you if you can code in java, c++, python, etc. Meaning that if you have a uni or college offering an AS in programming, it might not be a bad idea to go for that and pick up certificates in whatever field you'd like to be apart of, be that working in the financial sector is your goal you'd go for cert's in .net languages like ASP or C#; Or maybe you wanna help design apps for Android you'd go for Java cert. This is a growing field, so it would be very smart for you to go into it. Apple actually just created a new programming language called swift, idk if schools are already offering certs in it or not, but if apps/mobile is the route you wanna go, I'd jump on it.

ace23
03-24-2015, 04:08 AM
If it's that easy, then why don't all programmers just learn online instead of going to school? I mean programmers aren't dumb people, surely there is a reason they are going to school...

Well idk wtf "OneRails" is (Are you talking about learning RoR online, RTC?) but I'd say most people who go to school for something programming related are studying computer science (including theory and hardware), not just learning languages to find a job as a code monkey somewhere or develop a simple website. If that's what he wants to do, I don't think he needs school really.

qrich
03-24-2015, 04:18 AM

Or take out the a.

College isn't necessary if you have a plan.

I can see OPs slogan now. "Come in, we have a sales for you."

BigNBAfan
03-24-2015, 04:43 AM
The biggest issue i have with this thread is to accomplish what goal?
I am a year away from attaining my doctorate and doing something I enjoy and can enjoy for a lifetime, so college is a necessity for my goal. But if money is all you want you dont need education, but expect long hours and a dual income household unless you're the select few.

BlakFrankWhite
03-24-2015, 05:03 AM
its all about the field you choose

prospect of finding a well paid job is more if you're pursuing an 'evergreen' field like Medical,engineering,economics or even accounting.

but if you're going for a degree in fine arts,physical exercise,sociology etc....lol,then good luck

christian1923
03-24-2015, 08:18 AM
My dad and most of my family didn't go to college, they're doing fine. But they work like 70 hours a week.

RightToCensor
03-24-2015, 08:27 AM
OneRails is short for One Month Rails

Dresta
03-24-2015, 09:30 AM
I am about to graduate and I know college isn't for me but theres no other options , the only career i'd actually like would be a pro sports player. I have no academic interests.... im just gonna be a doctor or engineer for the hell of it
Do everyone a favour and don't. There's enough ****ing clueless doctors already, who don't really care about their profession, and only want the power and prestige that comes along with (e.g. they want to 'help people', to rule over the lives of others). These people are almost never good doctors, and almost always a great pain in the ass to a great many people.

ballup
03-24-2015, 10:12 AM
It's not a necessity, it's a competitive requirement in the general employment search.

Dresta
03-24-2015, 10:18 AM
Let's see. My uncle graduated from Reed College and ended up becoming CEO of a company. He was CEO for 30 years. As a low paid CEO he was making well over 200k a year.

My uncle, also graduated from Reed, went on to get a job as a market researcher for a few different companies. He makes well over 200k a year. I know this because he supports my two cousins, one living in North Hollywood and the other in Oakland. Neither of them have jobs.

So having a college degree is huge. If you do have a plan great. Employers want competent people. A degree at least proves you have dedication.
Should be noted that degrees are worth far less now then they would have been, simply because of the dilution of education and the sheer preponderance of degree certificates. Thirty years ago, a good degree would have guaranteed you a decent job, now it doesn't guarantee you anything on its own (you need to have spent the first 20 years of your life collecting 'attributes' which become the new means of distinction, as well as who you know becoming that much more important). The people most prepared in this regard are those with wealthy and controlling parents. It basically means any schmo can get a huge leg up provided he comes from a family with wealth and contacts. Dropping academic standards now mean that there is little to separate an exceedingly intelligent underprivileged individual from a dumb-as-bricks spoilt one (because almost any fool who puts in the time can come out with a good qualification).

The point of degrees was to distinguish one individual for another, but when everyone has them, they become worthless.

netsfan549
03-24-2015, 10:27 AM
OneRails is short for One Month Rails

https://onemonth.com/courses/one-month-rails/packages

This?

Im Still Ballin
03-24-2015, 11:32 AM
macho know

he strong

ace23
03-24-2015, 11:41 AM
Very few professions give a good indicator of intelligence
Name one that does

Im Still Ballin
03-24-2015, 11:57 AM
Life, brother.

Life.

BigNBAfan
03-24-2015, 11:59 AM
Name one that does

Intelligence is subjective - but anyone doing research in their respective field (Ph.D.) I would say has high intelligence - but this is a generalization, i'm sure there are a few rotten apples in every doctorate level profession.

DeuceWallaces
03-24-2015, 12:05 PM
Intelligence is subjective - but anyone doing research in their respective field (Ph.D.) I would say has high intelligence - but this is a generalization, i'm sure there are a few rotten apples in every doctorate level profession.

It's pretty difficult to get through candidacy, comps, and a defense while lacking intelligence. In fact, it's damn near impossible.

BigNBAfan
03-24-2015, 12:19 PM
It's pretty difficult to get through candidacy, comps, and a defense while lacking intelligence. In fact, it's damn near impossible.

Yes but as a future clinician and once a translational researcher I can tell you from my cohort that there's definitely a curve in effort. Sure they'll get by, but by my standards atleast I wouldn't want to work with these people. Unfortunate truth...

ace23
03-24-2015, 12:40 PM
Rocket scientist
Not sure if serious, but what separates that from the three professions you mentioned? They all require studying to be successful in, some more than others of course.

John Tesh
03-24-2015, 12:52 PM

This. Even if you know what you are doing (doubt the OP will), nobody will hire you without having a license to do it because of liability reasons.

John Tesh
03-24-2015, 01:02 PM
You must not have read the entire thread. I'm not looking to work with a firm, but rather own a business. I don't condone this method if you plan on working for somebody else.

Nope, I'm not wasting that much time on your dumbass thread.

John Tesh
03-24-2015, 01:02 PM
Nope, I'm not wasting that much time on your dumbass thread.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

John Tesh
03-24-2015, 01:21 PM
Yet you took the time to post in it three times...

Go back to cleaning dishes, I'll be at Waffle House getting the usual.

Minimum wage?

BlakFrankWhite
03-24-2015, 01:23 PM
Yet you took the time to post in it three times...

Go back to cleaning dishes, I'll be at Waffle House getting the usual.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/83dce42e70e53e5a94221add05d0cee3/tumblr_mgybswFsYf1rjntx2o1_400.gif

shlver
03-24-2015, 01:33 PM
You don't have to "waste" any of your own money, you can get paid to study if you put in the work. I always had leftover money from my scholarships in undergrad and I will have nearly $200,000 saved when I'm done with med school(from med school stipend and basic pay from the Navy medical program).

thefatmiral
03-24-2015, 02:24 PM
of course you can get around it.but for certain positions you need the degree. medical , kegal and educational professions need it. outside of that I guess you don't.

John Tesh
03-24-2015, 02:27 PM
I want the All-Star breakfast with a blueberry waffle with a side of hashbrowns and bacon. I want my eggs scrambled with cheese.

I'm on my way, Tesh. Get off your ass and inform the inbred cook of my order.

So funny that the guy who doesn't plan on going to college is trying to make fun of me as if I have a job for the uneducated. Enjoy your Youtube education. :lol

Siemens
03-24-2015, 02:34 PM
So the OP's dumbass is going to stay a dumbass. Great...

John Tesh
03-24-2015, 02:47 PM
I will blow dudes for drugs in my future.

This is why you should reconsider going to college.

ace23
03-24-2015, 02:52 PM
Scientific fields that require critical thinking and problem solving and grasping complex concepts

Where as being a doctor for the most part is memorization
You don't think being a good programmer requires critical thinking and grasping complex concepts? :roll: That's all programming is is solving problems.

Yeah, there's a lot of memorization in becoming a doctor but I'm sure there's a lot of critical thinking involved there. Don't really know anything about the path to becoming a lawyer.

KevinNYC
03-24-2015, 02:54 PM
One of the most competitive fields out there....but but I learned on YouTube
Also they think if you learn this piece of modelling software you can work as an architect. :facepalm

You haven't learned architecture. You've learned how to use a tool that architects use. It's not the same.

How to become an architect. (http://www.architecturecareerguide.com/how-to-become-an-architect/)

Go to a job board and search on Revit and see how many jobs you can get with just Revit and no degree or experience. Are they architect jobs?

DeuceWallaces
03-24-2015, 03:15 PM
http://m.careerbuilder.com/job/J3K0Q971FNYPPJLVQDM

FYI, I'm not even specialized in Revit, I'm just taking the course because it was open and seemed similar to Inventor.

That job requires 3 years professional experience.

John Tesh
03-24-2015, 03:19 PM
That job requires 3 years professional experience.

:lol

RightToCensor
03-24-2015, 03:33 PM
Last year (my junior year), seniors were offered to interview for some company to intern. If I'd went to that Technical School again this year I could of applied and potentially interned after I graduated.

Opportunities for shortcuts are given, it's your option to capitalize on them.

Bosnian Sajo
03-24-2015, 03:46 PM
You don't think being a good programmer requires critical thinking and grasping complex concepts? :roll: That's all programming is is solving problems.

Really though, macho :oldlol:

shlver
03-24-2015, 04:57 PM
Scientific fields that require critical thinking and problem solving and grasping complex concepts

Where as being a doctor for the most part is memorization
Any scientific field requires memorized knowledge as foundation before synthesis can occur. Becoming a doctor does require more memorization than other fields, but you would have to be completely misinformed to say it doesn't require "critical thinking and problem solving and grasping complex concepts."

JEFFERSON MONEY
03-24-2015, 05:01 PM
Any scientific field requires memorized knowledge as foundation before synthesis can occur. Becoming a doctor does require more memorization than other fields, but you would have to be completely misinformed to say it doesn't require "critical thinking and problem solving and grasping complex concepts."

Put Macho's ass in f*cking Org Chem let alone any medical classes.

See how great strict memorization serves her.

JEFFERSON MONEY
03-24-2015, 05:25 PM
Oh no doubt that a lot of doctors are morons and have agendas. Most are ignorant of basic going ons about nutrition for crikey's sake.

That's clear as daylight.

Pre-med track is definitely not fukking rote memorization though. Huge myth.

BigNBAfan
03-24-2015, 05:38 PM
Minimum four years of relevant structural drafting or design experience with at least three years of BIM/Revit experience.

If I were to focus on being proficient in Revit my junior year, continuing to get familiar during my senior year, then take an internship (for a year or two) after I graduate I could apply and be a candidate. The main thing separating me from the next guy is he might have a degree. If I wanted to to work at a firm that specialized in Inventor I could get an internship from one of my teachers' connections.

Good luck trying to get an internship with your blank youtube CV
Please post a internship posting that doesn't require prior experience and/or formal education.

If it was as easy as youtube, you would see people in third world countries excelling and taking that niche

Siemens
03-24-2015, 06:04 PM
I already posted that I'm certified in Inventor numbnuts

Doesn't matter. You are still a miserable failure and will continue to be so.

NBAplayoffs2001
03-24-2015, 07:54 PM
College is odd. I would argue at a certain point grades matter (if you are an A/B student mostly), your extracurricular activities, jobs, and personality matter more in terms of the job market and to some extent, graduate school.

shlver
03-24-2015, 08:06 PM
I'm just saying it's possible to be a doctor and a complete moron

Very very possible

And I know a few that can't grasp simple concepts but damn can they study and have no social life

So no, I'm not misinformed as I have first hand knowledge of idiot doctors.
Yes you are misinformed. Your knowledge is limited to those doctors and your own subjective criteria of who qualifies as a moron.

KevinNYC
03-24-2015, 08:16 PM
Minimum four years of relevant structural drafting or design experience with at least three years of BIM/Revit experience.

If I were to focus on being proficient in Revit my junior year, continuing to get familiar during my senior year, then take an internship (for a year or two) after I graduate I could apply and be a candidate. The main thing separating me from the next guy is he might have a degree. If I wanted to to work at a firm that specialized in Inventor I could get an internship from one of my teachers' connections.
That is NOT what three years of experience is. High school doesn't ****ing count. They are looking for someone with work experience in that industry for at least 4 years not three. Three just have to working with Revit. And if you you get this job, you're still not an architect, because it's not an ad for an architect position. It's for a Structural Revit Drafter.

You need four years of work experience plus:

Minimum four years of relevant structural drafting or design experience

Solid understanding within structural discipline and basic understanding within architectural, mechanical, and electrical disciplines.

- Understanding of the design and drawings preparation process using project specifications and discipline-associated written and verbal instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards and procedures.

- Basic understanding of engineer’s process of performing and verifying design calculations to support the overall project design.

- Basic knowledge of cost estimating methods and perform material/quantity take-offs utilizing Revit.

- Advanced technical knowledge of drafting techniques and training in CAD and Revit, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and spreadsheet software.

- Revit document production experience and skills required.

- Working knowledge of project design and construction documentation production, standard construction techniques and principals.I guessing the rest of this expertise you can gain through youtube as well?

oh, and the ad itself is looking for an associate's degree or vocational class after high school.

RightToCensor
03-24-2015, 10:22 PM
I don't know here people are getting that YouTube is considered experience to use that will further your chances of getting a job. I never said that, nor implied that. It's ok to be grammatically incorrect every now and then, but to take a statement completely out of context is just asinine to me. If that's what four years of college gets you then I'll pass.

To clarify, I'm certified for Inventor. I took a course at a TECHNICAL SCHOOL that is SEPARATE from my HIGH SCHOOL. Seriously is it that hard to understand? I'm not learning how to extrude, revolve, and print from my high school, I took my course at a separate school that is an all-day, every other day function for an entire school year.

Another thing, I'm NOT looking to work for someone else. I didn't make this thread to say you can compete with other graduates for a job. I'm not looking to compete in the job field with other graduates for a chance at having a career in a firm. I want to work for myself, you don't need a college degree to work for yourself. I'm not gonna do everything myself, I have connections to help me through. But the fact that I have Revit down packed cuts the middle man on blueprinting the building.

If Plan B(3D Workshop) starts to seem a bit "out-there" as a possibility, I'll go back to Plan A and learn to code from home. I'm NOT looking to make a career out of coding. I'm looking to simply making my own website, it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to make a damn website.

I swear the idiots responding to me in this thread are trying to defend their decision to go to college as hard as possible. Good luck with those thousands of dollars of debt you'll accumulate just to have an opportunity to compete with the guy graduating right next to you looking for the same job. Thumbs up to you, college sure is gonna pay off, your chances of getting the job that you wanted went from 49% to 51%. Woopty-****ing-doo.

christian1923
03-24-2015, 10:48 PM
I don't know here people are getting that YouTube is considered experience to use that will further your chances of getting a job. I never said that, nor implied that. It's ok to be grammatically incorrect every now and then, but to take a statement completely out of context is just asinine to me. If that's what four years of college gets you then I'll pass.

To clarify, I'm certified for Inventor. I took a course at a TECHNICAL SCHOOL that is SEPARATE from my HIGH SCHOOL. Seriously is it that hard to understand? I'm not learning how to extrude, revolve, and print from my high school, I took my course at a separate school that is an all-day, every other day function for an entire school year.

Another thing, I'm NOT looking to work for someone else. I didn't make this thread to say you can compete with other graduates for a job. I'm not looking to compete in the job field with other graduates for a chance at having a career in a firm. I want to work for myself, you don't need a college degree to work for yourself. I'm not gonna do everything myself, I have connections to help me through. But the fact that I have Revit down packed cuts the middle man on blueprinting the building.

If Plan B(3D Workshop) starts to seem a bit "out-there" as a possibility, I'll go back to Plan A and learn to code from home. I'm NOT looking to make a career out of coding. I'm looking to simply making my own website, it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to make a damn website.

I swear the idiots responding to me in this thread are trying to defend their decision to go to college as hard as possible. Good luck with those thousands of dollars of debt you'll accumulate just to have an opportunity to compete with the guy graduating right next to you looking for the same job. Thumbs up to you, college sure is gonna pay off, your chances of getting the job that you wanted went from 49% to 51%. Woopty-****ing-doo.
youre really missing out on an awesome experience by not going to college

NBAplayoffs2001
03-24-2015, 10:51 PM
youre really missing out on an awesome experience by not going to college

If I did it again I would have went to a big college hoops school. My school is Division 1 but we are pretty horrible. I really liked U Michigan and UNC growing up.

christian1923
03-24-2015, 10:53 PM
If I did it again I would have went to a big college hoops school. My school is Division 1 but we are pretty horrible.
what school you go too

NBAplayoffs2001
03-24-2015, 10:54 PM
what school you go too

I don't give that info away sorry :D

NBAplayoffs2001
03-24-2015, 11:01 PM
I know. I'd love to be in a fraternity and have a dorm on campus. The best things about college are the parties and free ass. I'm curious if non students can get away with being at college parties.

College parties vary honestly. I prefer groups of just 20-30 people I know in an apartment partying or just going bar hopping. Been to frat parties, did not like it all but I do admit it had a plethora of good looking girls.

christian1923
03-24-2015, 11:04 PM
I know. I'd love to be in a fraternity and have a dorm on campus. The best things about college are the parties and free ass. I'm curious if non students can get away with being at college parties.
Basically. You could get into parties if you know people. If you don't know anyone then you just wont know where the parties are.

EVERY old head wishes they could go back to college, they always say it was the best time of their lives.

And ni99as wanna skip out on that experience just to code websites and work in a factory at 18, sounds crazy.

NBAplayoffs2001
03-24-2015, 11:07 PM
I took a tour of VCU last year. That place is so awesome. I talked to some students and it turns out the potential for fun is lessened with the rigors of studying.

The gym, workshops, cafeteria, and recreational areas are amazing.

Dude... VCU girls. I've heard great things about the good looking ones there.

NBAplayoffs2001
03-24-2015, 11:10 PM
I don't plan on missing VCU parties, crashing parties is always an option. All I need is an address and I'll blend right in.

UVA and VCU in general are solid party schools. I've heard UVA is mad underrated by a few people I know who visited.

NBAplayoffs2001
03-24-2015, 11:13 PM
VCU girls had it going on last time I visited. The white girls that like to party give up the most ass.

I've heard great things about their ethnic girls too :banana:

Siemens
03-24-2015, 11:13 PM

Dude has a plan A and a plan B, and if plan B fails, he goes back to plan A. :yaohappy:

NBAplayoffs2001
03-24-2015, 11:21 PM
As far as "availability":
Hispanics are easy.
Asians are unknown to me.
Blacks can vary depending on their background.

As far as looks:
1. Blacks
2. Hispanics
3. Asians

For me I would say
1. Hispanics (especially Puerto Ricans)
2. Blacks (Caribbean girls are so fine)
3. Asians