PDA

View Full Version : stuff we'll see in the playoffs (high probability not bullshit))

swagga
03-24-2015, 06:25 PM
this will happen:

- golden state will die by the three and by their lack of PO experience.
- the cavs will prove once again that elite talent is the way to win in the nba, will clearly beat hawks in ECF.
- spurs make wcf
- harden will be exposed for his lack of a consistent midrange game (not shot)
- cavs ring

Real14
03-24-2015, 06:29 PM
this will happen:

- the cavs will prove once again that elite talent is the way to win in the nba, will clearly beat hawks in ECF.
- spurs make wcf
- cavs ring
you mean 2/6:lol

Clyde
03-24-2015, 06:30 PM
this will happen:

- spurs make wcf
- cavs ring

the system dictates you don't take those shots.:facepalm

Genaro
03-24-2015, 06:31 PM
I think the West will win it again. Cavs probably being the runner up.

swagga
03-24-2015, 06:38 PM
the system dictates you don't take those shots.:facepalm

that's why a smart team will force him to beat them exactly with this kind of shot. actually, alot of teams play no middle in the playoffs and use their rotations to force long 2s .... which is exactly what the spurs did to the heat the last couple of finals, it's also what chicago plays.

In the RS the long 2 is a low efficiency shot, but in the PO, it is a necessity because it greatly alters game planning.

AnaheimLakers24
03-24-2015, 06:47 PM
Bron running cross court as if someone murdered his wife after a call which was legit

Siemens
03-24-2015, 06:49 PM
you mean 2/6:lol

Absolutely this.

Also, not the Knicks.

Siemens
03-24-2015, 06:50 PM
this will happen:

- spurs make wcf
- cavs ring

I think we'll see a disappearing act altogether when the whistles stop blowing.

gts
03-24-2015, 07:12 PM
This will be the Warriors 3rd trip to the playoffs, Kerr the head coach has plenty of NBA playoff experience.. they are far from being "inexperienced"

Die by the 3? Both the Rockets and Cavs shoot more 3s than Golden State does but the Warriors shoot at a higher %

Besides the playoffs are won with defense which is something Golden State also excels in having the top defense in the league

Anybody dismissing the Warriors is an idiot...

20Four
03-24-2015, 07:13 PM
this will happen:

- spurs make wcf
- cavs ring
WTF weren't you a HEAT fan? :roll: :roll: :roll:

swagga
03-24-2015, 07:16 PM
I think the West will win it again. Cavs probably being the runner up.

Note: in sports nothing is mathematically safe, so this isn't set in stone, but we can analyze the most likely cases and results.

rationale for the cavs winning it:

I look at it this way: in the west no team except the spurs has the experience and talent to reliably (statistically) beat a stacked team like the cavs (scoring + rebounding + deep + young). The cavs are an exceptional rebounding team, which will really wear the spurs (old) down imo. They have ALOT of size and depth. There is literally nothing worse as an old team than going against young rebounding bigs complementing great athletic scorers (kyrie, lebron). It's just a bad fit imo, they'll have to consume a shitload of energy to keep kyrie&lebron from scoring AND securing the rebounds..... after getting out of the energy draining west. The spurs advantage is that this cavs team is quite unexperienced sans lebron, but lebron does bring alot of leadership to the table and the cavs will have the weak east to iron out mistakes.

Memphis has the D, the toughness, but lacks in O and most importantly lacks a big time name to get the calls (remember the series vs okc?). They aren't the team that has the firepower to make a comeback or hang with a hot stacked team, which will also greatly impact at least a some games. They'll lock the cavs down for stretches but won't outrebound them. They'll also be killed by ref calls. Just a bad setup imo. Somebody will say remember the pistons but they did it against a divided team with old key role players. The cavs are young and have a clear pecking order.

OKC won't make it. It's hard to win 3 series without homecourt with a perenially injured 1st option and goatbrook going nuts. There will be mistakes which will be capitalized on by the other team and that's that. They'll be fun to watch tho :oldlol:

The warriors actually match well against the cavs. Their problem will be getting out of the west. The cavs are one of the few teams that can keep up with a hot warrior team, so this is also a major concern. If the warriors aren't blowing you out they aren't in their comfort zone imo, add up the finals pressure and it's a serious concern. The warriors aren't tested will probably fold against pressure. I'm not really that sold on curry being a leader (see olympics). They have exceptional pieces on that team, don't get me wrong, it's a great team. But you don't win a ring without experience and leadership. You simply don't. Really. Try to think of one team winning the ring without a great leader or a lot of experience, you won't find one. When iguadala/bogut/curry is your championship leadership it's not like you have lebron&wade / duncan+pop / old dirk + tons of experienced role players + carlisle / kobe + phil + great pieces / boston big 3. They just don't match this kind of intangibles.

this leaves us with mavs (VERY imrpobable), houston (no way), clippers (not made for the PO) and portland (again, too many things need to go right).

The lack of experience argument can be had against the cavs, but they have lebron AND they play in the east, so less chances to fck up.

swagga
03-24-2015, 07:18 PM

FYI Im a knicks fan since 1988 son. no heat fan and no bron stan, but I watch lebron and watched the heat because it was/is good basketball.
why aren't you a midget? what are you doing on a basketball forum?

swagga
03-24-2015, 07:26 PM
This will be the Warriors 3rd trip to the playoffs, Kerr the head coach has plenty of NBA playoff experience.. they are far from being "inexperienced"

Die by the 3? Both the Rockets and Cavs shoot more 3s than Golden State does but the Warriors shoot at a higher %

Besides the playoffs are won with defense which is something Golden State also excels in having the top defense in the league

check my post which tackles intangibles. I'm not saying they live by the three, I'm saying that when shit will get tight -and it will- they'll resort to shooting threes because they are so good at it and because they lack championship experience in their key pieces (compared to all the other champins) to avoid chucking ... and they will die by it, mark my words.

Look at all the champs, please find me ONE team with less experience/leadership than the warriors. And don't give me shaqs/duncans/hakems/birds/magics and the like because the warriors have nobody near that impact level. The only real example is 2004 detroit, who won against a divided team and who had absolutely ferocious defense ( >>>>>> warriors) and mental toghness.

Graviton
03-24-2015, 07:41 PM
I am no Warrior fan, and I did always think they are a soft, jump shooting team full of 3 point chuckers that would fall apart in the playoffs.

But this year they have changed, with Kerr/Gentry their passing and ball movement is on another level, they also have the best team chemistry, the way they play with each other reminds me of Spurs in 2013/2014. Not even taking into account Curry/Klay scoring combo, Warriors have weapons. Bogut is a legit defensive anchor, Green has an immense impact that doesn't show up in the box score, Barnes/Iggy are elite perimeter defenders that can also score, and the rest of their bench is full of very good role players.

They may fall apart due to lack of experience, but they also may just destroy every team on their way to the title. Oh and considering they have homecourt vs all the teams I would bet on the latter. I don't see any team tough enough to beat them 4 times.

greatest-ever
03-24-2015, 07:50 PM
In what way are the Warriors inexperienced playoff wise? Nearly every guy on their roster has won a playoff series. You are talking like Curry, Klay and them have never played a single playoff game. I get that they haven't went deep before but there is a first time for everything and OKC went to the WCF in just their 2nd year in the playoffs, then Finals the 3rd year.

Real14
03-24-2015, 07:52 PM
Absolutely this.

Also, not the Knicks.

:rolleyes:

atljonesbro
03-24-2015, 07:54 PM
The playoff experience excuse is so overrated. Lazy argument. Still basketball. Just an excuse to make people feel better about their favorite teams

Siemens
03-24-2015, 07:57 PM

No such thing. Only LeBron fans.

Siemens
03-24-2015, 07:59 PM
:rolleyes:

It's true, no?

Real14
03-24-2015, 08:02 PM
It's true, no?
how about the lakers and sixers?:coleman:

poido123
03-24-2015, 09:17 PM

Nobody ever talks about how many 3s Cavs take, but we are all to believe that the Warriors will sink by the 3(shooting a higher percentage) and the Cavs remain legit?

Simpletons will be simpletons I suppose.

Great post. :applause:

swagga
03-25-2015, 03:32 AM
In what way are the Warriors inexperienced playoff wise? Nearly every guy on their roster has won a playoff series. You are talking like Curry, Klay and them have never played a single playoff game. I get that they haven't went deep before but there is a first time for everything and OKC went to the WCF in just their 2nd year in the playoffs, then Finals the 3rd year.

that okc team had durant-westbrook-harden-ibaka-porkins and had favorable series against old dismantled mavs, the corpse of LA, and a spurs team which was reloading. That's the perfect case for a young athletic and beyond stacked team.

AND they got demolished in the finals.

BlakFrankWhite
03-25-2015, 03:39 AM
Goatbrook to get a 40 point triple double

swagga
03-25-2015, 03:39 AM
Nobody ever talks about how many 3s Cavs take, but we are all to believe that the Warriors will sink by the 3(shooting a higher percentage) and the Cavs remain legit?

Simpletons will be simpletons I suppose.

Great post. :applause:

When stuff gets tough the cavs have a lebron/kyrie who are proven to be bigtime players in pressure situations (kyrie olympics) and big time rim attackers. The warriors have the 3. When playing under serious pressure people will more often than not resort to their bread and butter play, lesser experienced ones especially. That's why I'm saying GSW will die by the three, I'm not saying they live by it.

Simpletons write short sentences as arguments. I provided a detailed analysis (not the one above, a post in this thread) as to what and why will probably happen. You are a joke poster anyways so I am basically wasting my breath with you.