PDA

View Full Version : ISH Myth #3: Michael Jordan is God

Im Still Ballin
03-25-2015, 02:31 PM
Fact.

He was 1-9 in the playoffs before Pippen came around. He routinely lost to the Celtics led by Larry Bird and Detroit led by Isiah. He was a perennial first round exit ala T-mac.

Many people forget that he in fact lost to the Orlando Magic (Led by Shaq and Penny) in the 94-95 season, right in the peak of his prime. Many jordanites skip over this phase in time as if the 95-96 season came instantly after the return.

He also was terribly inefficient and brought down a talented Wizards squad. Sure Mike got the numbers he wanted, but it came at the cost of success. A theme all too familiar in his career.

ClipperRevival
03-25-2015, 02:35 PM
Fact.

He was 1-9 in the playoffs before Pippen came around. He routinely lost to the Celtics led by Larry Bird and Detroit led by Isiah. He was a perennial first round exit ala T-mac.

Many people forget that he in fact lost to the Orlando Magic (Led by Shaq and Penny) in the 94-95 season, right in the peak of his prime. Many jordanites skip over this phase in time as if the 95-96 season came instantly after the return.

He also was terribly inefficient and brought down a talented Wizards squad. Sure Mike got the numbers he wanted, but it came at the cost of success. A theme all too familiar in his career.

Jesus Christ your life must suck.

I didn't realize a player had to be great right away and take down some of the most talented teams ever (Celtics and Pistons) by himself. But I guess he should've.

MJ played only like 15 games in the 1994-1995 season. He clearly didn't have his legs under him and wasn't in basketball shape and form.

MJ was like 58 when he played with the Wizards.

Beastmode88
Fact.

1. who did jordan have on his team that was noteworthy when he was "1-9". Pistons and Celtics were stacked as fcuk.

2. He didn't play for a year and a half.

3. Wizards years was for charity. Dude's paycheck went to 9/11 relief.

Done_And_Done
What, no follow up gif?

riseagainst
03-25-2015, 02:37 PM
OP knows nothing about basketball.

:oldlol:

Im Still Ballin
Woah. Some angry haters in the house tonight!

I'm not saying MJ isn't the GOAT. I'm saying he wasn't perfect.

Stop it

DonDadda59
I feel honored to have played a part in this dude's mental breakdown. Get help bruh. :cheers:

24-Inch_Chrome
03-25-2015, 02:38 PM
He's not God, he's the GOAT.

sd3035
03-25-2015, 02:39 PM
lol metltdown detected

Im Still Ballin
He's not God, he's the GOAT.
This

He's not above guys like Kareem and Bird/Magic/Kobe/Shaq/Lebron/Wilt/Russell

They are on the same tier

sd3035
I feel honored to have played a part in this dude's mental breakdown. Get help bruh. :cheers:

Were you the guy he challenged to a fight, then backed down when you agreed?

Im Still Ballin
03-25-2015, 02:41 PM
He lives on the opposite side on the globe moron

And these ****ers are just baiting me to get banned again

sd3035
03-25-2015, 02:43 PM
He lives on the opposite side on the globe moron

And these ****ers are just baiting me to get banned again

lol so it was you :roll: :roll: :roll:

what a pathetic little bltch :oldlol:

ralph_i_el
03-25-2015, 02:43 PM
1. who did jordan have on his team that was noteworthy when he was "1-9". Pistons and Celtics were stacked as fcuk.

So you're saying that if a star player doesn't have a good team around them, they shouldn't be expected to win a championship, especially when they're young?

hmmm, I agree with that! Lets see if MJ and Kobe stand will apply that logic elsewhere

24-Inch_Chrome
03-25-2015, 02:50 PM
This

He's not above guys like Kareem and Bird/Magic/Kobe/Shaq/Lebron/Wilt/Russell

They are on the same tier

He and Kareem are on the same tier...but I don't think the others you listed are. To me, being on that top tier means there's a good case to be made that the player in question is the GOAT...Jordan has one, Kareem has one (not as strong, but that's just my opinion), but do any of the others?

Beastmode88
03-25-2015, 02:50 PM
So you're saying that if a star player doesn't have a good team around them, they shouldn't be expected to win a championship, especially when they're young?

hmmm, I agree with that! Lets see if MJ and Kobe stand will apply that logic elsewhere

i'm saying if you have to drop 41 ppg in the finals, you're carrying the fcuk out of your team. mj didn't have the luxury of getting passing the ball to someone who can score. that's what lebron stans need to understand. mj had to carry the offense load while getting double team. unlike lebron when he gets doubled he can kick it out to another player who can make an open shot. hence why the term he makes players spot up shooters come along.

24-Inch_Chrome
03-25-2015, 02:54 PM
i'm saying if you have to drop 41 ppg in the finals, you're carrying the fcuk out of your team. mj didn't have the luxury of getting passing the ball to someone who can score. that's what lebron stans need to understand. mj had to carry the offense load while getting double team. unlike lebron when he gets doubled he can kick it out to another player who can make an open shot. hence why the term he makes players spot up shooters come along.

...he could do that in Miami maybe. Who did LeBron have during his first run in Cleveland? Was he not carrying them, or was their drop into lottery status when he left indicative of something else?

(if you say Mo Williams you're ****ed in the head)

jzek
03-25-2015, 02:56 PM
Many people forget that he in fact lost to the Orlando Magic (Led by Shaq and Penny) in the 94-95 season, right in the peak of his prime.

Stopped reading right there. :facepalm

Siemens
03-25-2015, 02:57 PM
94-95 season, right in the peak of his prime. .

Myth #4

Im Still Ballin
03-25-2015, 02:59 PM
age wise.

DonDadda59
03-25-2015, 03:06 PM
Were you the guy he challenged to a fight, then backed down when you agreed?

http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2014/03/JULES/Leonardo_DiCaprio/timeless-leo-dicaprio-django-unchained.gif

The_Pharcyde
03-25-2015, 03:19 PM
This guy is addicted to Michael Jordan, it is unbelievable
Every time I check this forum he is trying to down MJ, surely he has to be 13 or have WAYYYYYYY too much time on his hands

It's like that quote in Friday from ice Cubes dad "everytime I'm in the kitchen, you in the kitchen"

Everytime I'm on ISH, you on ISH

Go get a life man, MJ is widely regarded as the GOAT, accept it and try and better your own life

Lebron is great, MJ is just better... It's okay man, this is all so trivial in the long run

Im Still Ballin
03-25-2015, 03:21 PM
You're misinterpreting my interest in historic rule changes as agenda driven hyperbole.

Stop.

The_Pharcyde
03-25-2015, 03:28 PM
You're misinterpreting my interest in historic rule changes as agenda driven hyperbole.

Stop.

It is 100% an agenda driven hyperbole

No debate on that.... Stop trying to convince yourself

Trollsmasher
03-25-2015, 03:58 PM
OP dealing another L to the Jordanites:lol

SHAQisGOAT
03-25-2015, 04:02 PM
Meltdown...

bagelred
03-25-2015, 04:06 PM
Too bad you never saw Jordan play. Must suck that you missed the GOAT. Having to force a weak narrative that Jordan isn't that good. I feel sad for you.

OldSchoolBBall
03-25-2015, 04:06 PM

If by "brought down" you mean leading them to 18 more wins than the season prior and having them on pace for a 42-45 win season (would have been a 23-26 game improvement), and having them in the 6th spot in the EC before he hurt his knee and had to sit out for a month. Yeah, that sounds like he brought them down. :oldlol: :rolleyes:

Da_Realist
03-25-2015, 04:09 PM
It's like that quote in Friday from ice Cubes dad "everytime I'm in the kitchen, you in the kitchen"

Classic reference :oldlol:

Mr. Jabbar
03-25-2015, 04:11 PM
Myth #4: Lebron is somehow clutch

ralph_i_el
03-25-2015, 04:12 PM
If by "brought down" you mean leading them to 18 more wins than the season prior and having them on pace for a 42-45 win season (would have been a 23-26 game improvement), and having them in the 6th spot in the EC before he hurt his knee and had to sit out for a month. Yeah, that sounds like he brought them down. :oldlol: :rolleyes:

yeah but like every single player the year before was hurt and old...

bagelred
03-25-2015, 04:21 PM
Myth #4: Lebron is somehow clutch

You are such a loser. Lebron is VERY clutch. He missed that 3 pointer, knowing Bosh would get the rebound, flip it to Ray Allen, so Allen could magically hit game miracle tying shot. Even Jordan couldn't pull that off.

Siemens
03-25-2015, 04:26 PM
You are such a loser. Lebron is VERY clutch. He missed that 3 pointer, knowing Bosh would get the rebound, flip it to Ray Allen, so Allen could magically hit game miracle tying shot. Even Jordan couldn't pull that off.

Yeah, Jordan would have made it leaving time on the clock for the Spurs. :facepalm

Beastmode88
03-25-2015, 04:30 PM

Yeah, Jordan would have made it leaving time on the clock for the Spurs. :facepalm

i think bagelred is being sarcastic.

Siemens
03-25-2015, 04:31 PM
i think bagelred is being sarcastic.

I know. I was jumping in on the joke.

AceManIII
03-25-2015, 04:38 PM
If OP feels that Jordan has all these faults, but is still the GOAT...I would like to hear his critique on Kareem or Lebron

Marchesk
03-25-2015, 05:47 PM
Imagine if Wilt had Pippen.

sportjames23
03-25-2015, 06:08 PM
I see I'mStillSuckin is still in fggt mode.

warriorfan
03-25-2015, 06:16 PM
Fact.

You have the basketball knowledge of dubeta, please stop posting here and stick to your gay dick picture shit. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Im Still Ballin
03-25-2015, 06:19 PM
I got so many ****ing stans wanting my Weapon.

One at a time, little boys.

SamuraiSWISH
03-25-2015, 08:04 PM
He took the Bulls to the 2nd round and ECF well before Pippen was a true consistent all star caliber player. WTF you smoking bro besides hitting the attention whore bong?

dubeta
03-25-2015, 08:08 PM
I'm a big time Jordan fan, but even I admit he's not a GOD, heck he's not even a difference maker without a top 3 GOAT SF and the GOAT coach

Asukal
03-25-2015, 08:12 PM
MJ living rent free in these young idiots' heads hahahahaha.... :oldlol:

T_L_P
03-25-2015, 08:13 PM
If there is a God, he's fcked up plenty.

OP confirms that MJ is in fact God. :eek:

SouBeachTalents
03-25-2015, 08:14 PM
Imagine if Wilt had Pippen.

Pippen never won a title with Jordan scoring at the 19 ppg clip that Wilt averaged for his career in the Finals

dubeta
03-25-2015, 08:17 PM
Pippen never won a title with Jordan scoring at the 19 ppg clip that Wilt averaged for his career in the Finals

:lebronamazed:

Beastmode88
03-25-2015, 08:17 PM
Surprised MJ is still being talked about so much.. dude hasn't played in 10+ years yet he's living rent free in bran stan's heads. GOAT GONNA GOAT.

dubeta
03-25-2015, 08:19 PM
MJ was a 1-9

1-9 vs 2/5 tell me what's better :wtf:

Beastmode88
03-25-2015, 08:23 PM
MJ was a 1-9

1-9 vs 2/5 tell me what's better :wtf:

bran's gonna surpass kobe first

https://dougnyren.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/jordan-lebron-kobe-children-please-awards-trophies.jpg

DonDadda59
03-25-2015, 08:23 PM
Surprised MJ is still being talked about so much.. dude hasn't played in 10+ years yet he's living rent free in bran stan's heads. GOAT GONNA GOAT.

Bran stans = poor man's Bean stans. At least some Kobe fans were clever/interesting trolls. Bran trolls come off as the same semi literate, special needs 12 year old just using like 10 different alts :coleman:

1-9 vs 2/5 tell me what's better

6/6? :confusedshrug:

Marchesk
03-25-2015, 08:28 PM

Lebron stans have a lot of empty space up there for MJ, Kobe and Wilt to occupy.