PDA

View Full Version : Why did the Germanwings pilot crash into the mountains taking 150 people with him?

HitandRun Reggie
03-26-2015, 11:24 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3012053/Andreas-Lubitz-Germanwings-flight-9525-French-alps-crash-French-alps-Germanwings-plane-crash-Airbus-A320-Barcelonnette.html

The next few days should be interesting digging through this German guy's past. The other pilot was trying to break down the door because he was deliberately locked out. :(

~primetime~
03-26-2015, 11:41 AM
I'm going to rule out religion or terrorism on this one...if it was either of those things someone would have claimed it, or he would have made it clear himself. That is the entire point of terrorism, if no one knows it is terrorism then it defeats the purpose.

Also going to rule out normal depression, depressed people generally don't care about killing others, they only want to end their own life. If he was just suffering extreme depression he would have just killed himself that morning, no reason to take others down with him.

So that leaves us with severe mental disorders...and that is my guess. Schizophrenia, severe bipolar disorder, etc etc. That is where my money is at.

We may never find out though...

BurningHammer
03-26-2015, 11:51 AM
There were cases (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EgyptAir_Flight_990) of commercial plane pilots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Air_Lines_Flight_773) committing mass murder-suicide (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SilkAir_Flight_185).

~primetime~
03-26-2015, 11:56 AM
Primetime master of the human psyche
you clearly hate your father...he wasn't there for you

SugarHill
03-26-2015, 11:58 AM
damn

dunksby
03-26-2015, 12:07 PM
Not sure if primetime is aware of the harshness if that joke. I'm gonna pretend he is cause it makes it way funnier
You want to tell me something Macho?

~primetime~
03-26-2015, 12:07 PM
Not sure if primetime is aware of the harshness if that joke. I'm gonna pretend he is cause it makes it way funnier
Not aware...if you actually do hate your father my bad....WHOOPS

rufuspaul
03-26-2015, 12:09 PM
His father is Darth Vader

SugarHill
03-26-2015, 12:09 PM
Not aware...if you actually do hate your father my bad....WHOOPS
ptiddy is either a comedic genius or has no idea what he's doing :oldlol:

Raymone
03-26-2015, 12:13 PM
I came in here expecting a joke.

~primetime~
03-26-2015, 12:32 PM
ptiddy is either a comedic genius or has no idea what he's doing :oldlol:
this one

Sorry macho if the father subject was a bad one...I didn't know, I wouldn't be that big of a dick to bring it up if I did know despite how much funnier you think that makes it.

~primetime~
03-26-2015, 12:33 PM
see...master of the human psyche :lol

~primetime~
03-26-2015, 12:37 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323345

and now I know...I'm such an ass lol

dunksby
03-26-2015, 12:43 PM

:(

RonSwanson
03-26-2015, 04:17 PM
I came in here expecting a joke.

Well, we we're waiting on you to arrive

Theoo
03-26-2015, 04:24 PM
thats fk**ed up man i just fly with lufthansa few days ago , i swear if this happen to my im not gone down that easy , i well get everone to stand up , EVERONE in the plane to hit the doora t same time as hard as the can , that are like 5000kg , and break down door, i well take the co pilot down and beat the shit out him and i well gget in the cockpit and land the plane myself (i used to play microsoft flight simulator)

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-26-2015, 04:24 PM
will they release the recording from the black box?

RightToCensor
03-26-2015, 04:29 PM
I laughed at primetime
Then frowned at Macho's dad
Then laughed again at Myth from the link PT posted

Such a roller coaster of emotions.

fiddy
03-26-2015, 04:30 PM
You want to hear that guy breathing and his colleagues knocking on the door?

Theoo
03-26-2015, 04:30 PM
i hope so. have you hear the polish one ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cm8oIcBHAo or that one ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnWwyVT-nEA

that recordings are creepy as fk** the last moments to the plane but it are very intersting to listen . the say the can hear pilot banging to the doors and then passenger scream when the see plane well crash. it well be intersting if the release to it

yes

warriorfan
03-26-2015, 04:32 PM
I'm going to rule out religion or terrorism on this one...if it was either of those things someone would have claimed it, or he would have made it clear himself. That is the entire point of terrorism, if no one knows it is terrorism then it defeats the purpose.

Also going to rule out normal depression, depressed people generally don't care about killing others, they only want to end their own life. If he was just suffering extreme depression he would have just killed himself that morning, no reason to take others down with him.

So that leaves us with severe mental disorders...and that is my guess. Schizophrenia, severe bipolar disorder, etc etc. That is where my money is at.

This is why he did it....

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/03/26/12/270353F100000578-3012053-First_picture_Germanwings_co_pilot_28_year_old_Ger man_Andreas_G_-m-40_1427373291487.jpg

:roll: look at this bitch

Revenge of the Betas :lol

Theoo
03-26-2015, 04:33 PM
man if there were only alittle bit gust of wind that well push him off that ledge , it well have save 150 peoples life. damn

but yea he are definitely beta you can see to it in the picture . my guess are right before he fly hes girlfreind see all the message he have send to other girl on facebook , naturally hes girlfreind are on hes peroid so he know he are in BIG trouble when he are home , and he well have to clean her peroids toilet and listen her bitch about it for many days , hes only choice was to crash the plane becuse she was waiting for him at the airport

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-26-2015, 04:33 PM
no, the people screaming.

man if there were only alittle bit gust of wind that well push him off that ledge , it well have save 150 peoples life. damn

lol

fiddy
03-26-2015, 04:36 PM
no, the people screaming.

Screaming?

Theoo
03-26-2015, 04:37 PM
Screaming?
check out these video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cm8oIcBHAo

warriorfan
03-26-2015, 04:42 PM
It should be standard procedure for at least the Captain and maybe the Co-Pilot to have an emergency override on the cockpit door so they can't get locked out of their own cockpit.

Oh yeah 20 bucks says Jameer applies for pilot school after reading this thread... :lol

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-26-2015, 04:44 PM
sent chills down my spine, couldn't even finish the video.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-26-2015, 04:45 PM
It should be standard procedure for at least the Captain and maybe the Co-Pilot to have an emergency override on the cockpit door so they can't get locked out of their own cockpit.
they were explaining it on cnn but it's basically just for medical emergency. so if the pilot is purposely doing it, u can deny the override. something needs to be fixed.

BurningHammer
03-26-2015, 04:50 PM

It is a standard protocol in US and Canada that there will be one cabin attendant in place of a pilot or a co-pilot if one of them is out of cockpit for whatever reasons.

Not in Europe though for some reasons, but they have to change it now.

gts
03-26-2015, 04:58 PM
It is a standard protocol in US and Canada that there will be one cabin attendant in place of a pilot or a co-pilot if one of them is out of cockpit for whatever reasons.

Not in Europe though for some reasons, but they have to change it that now.

Was going to mention this... It's in place not just in the case of a nutjob pilot but what if a pilot were to have a stroke or something while that door is locked

maybe even worse than what happened here? at least more tragic to have a perfectly good pilot locked out of the cabin while the other one is slumped over the controls...

Theoo
03-26-2015, 05:05 PM

Not in Europe though for some reasons, but they have to change it that now.
some iceland airlines say they well do now that

Raymone
03-26-2015, 05:36 PM
sent chills down my spine, couldn't even finish the video.

Alaska 261 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbf1vbxsB2Y) (all 88 died)

He sounded pretty calm for being in a vertical dive though.

~primetime~
03-26-2015, 05:43 PM
Was going to mention this... It's in place not just in the case of a nutjob pilot but what if a pilot were to have a stroke or something while that door is locked

maybe even worse than what happened here? at least more tragic to have a perfectly good pilot locked out of the cabin while the other one is slumped over the controls...
They know it was intentional because the pilots have a code they can enter to override the door lock and the copilot inside was overriding that, he was doing something that prevented the code from working.

Also the sharp decent could have only been intentional...planes don't do that out of no where. He also shut off the power and other things that let us know it was intentional.

fiddy
03-26-2015, 05:48 PM

I think under normal circumstances the door should not be locked, while one of the pilots is out of the cabin. At that stage of the flight, the airplane is on auto-pilot, unfortunately this is definitely a nut job pilot scenario. Another person in the cabin while one of the pilots is out is still not a guarantee that there wont be anymore cases like this. If one the pilots is determined to commit something like that, he can always attempt a murder of the second person, lock the door and crash the plane. There is just no 100 percent guarantee something like that wont happen again.

~primetime~
03-26-2015, 05:53 PM
I think under normal circumstances the door should not be locked, while one of the pilots is out of the cabin. At that stage of the flight, the airplane is on auto-pilot, unfortunately this is definitely a nut job pilot scenario. Another person in the cabin while one of the pilots is out is still not a guarantee that there wont be anymore cases like this. If one the pilots is determined to commit something like that, he can always attempt a murder of the second person, lock the door and crash the plane. There is just no 100 percent guarantee something like that wont happen again.
ground crew should have a way of overriding a decent like that and forcing it to autopilot

If a plane goes into a dive like that it should set off alarms...

Planes are fully capable of taking off, flying, and landing, without anyone in the cockpit ever...only reason we have pilots is because we don't trust computers with our lives like that.

fiddy
03-26-2015, 05:56 PM
ground crew should have a way of overriding a decent like that and forcing it to autopilot

If a plane goes into a dive like that it should set off alarms...
Agreed. However a proper warning mechanism needs to be implemented, because the time frame of such situations is very narrow. Theres another issue, even if ground crew manages to put the plane back on auto pilot, whos going to land it if the nutcase is locked in the cabin?

~primetime~
03-26-2015, 05:59 PM
Agreed. However a proper warning mechanism needs to be implemented, because the time frame of such situations is very narrow. Theres another issue, even if ground crew manages to put the plane back on auto pilot, whos going to land it if the nutcase is locked in the cabin?
planes can land themselves...The nutcase in the cabin should be unable to do anything

in this situation the plane was in a dive for a full 6 minutes...(longest 6 minutes ever for those passengers)

falling from that height takes time...

robert de niro
03-26-2015, 06:14 PM

Not in Europe though for some reasons, but they have to change it now.
most european carriers have the same system as US, I've seen it in all my flights with many different companies, it seems like most of them do it nowadays or are in the process of adding it, it's a shame this one didn't have it on its protocol yet

LEFT4DEAD
03-26-2015, 07:31 PM
Well this shit is on America.
After the 9/11' rigged job they made a rule that the door leading to the cockpit of every plane has to have a security code and has to be armored with steel. They could be only opened from inside of the cockpit during the flight. That was the main reason why the pilot couldnt enter the cockpit after exiting.
So after being a creator of 9/11, the Americans indirectly ended 150 lifes more. Way to go...

HitandRun Reggie
03-26-2015, 07:35 PM

Yeah like PT said, both pilots have a code to enter the cabin from the outside. After they enter the code, the door unlocks in 30 seconds. In that 30 seconds the pilot inside can choose to override the code being used to enter if he thinks a terrorist is coercing the other pilot to enter, or if he's just plain crazy like it appears in this incident. If the pilot inside overrides the code being used to gain entry, the door stays locked for 5 more minutes. I believe this is the procedure on all European airlines.

Riley Martin
03-26-2015, 08:34 PM
Alaska 261 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbf1vbxsB2Y) (all 88 died)

He sounded pretty calm for being in a vertical dive though.

That's the crash that the movie Flight with Denzel Washington was based on.

They had to pull back on the steering with like 130 lbs of pressure. They tried to fly the plane inverted but it didn't work. They dropped something like 25,000+ feet in 80 seconds. Hit that water really hard.

code green
03-26-2015, 10:44 PM
I don't know why, but I just spent the last hour listening to different black box last recordings and it's depressing as ****.

ArbitraryWater
03-26-2015, 10:47 PM
Just found a pretty neat article... new term here, "advanced suicide", is it really suicide if you drag others into death with you (pointing to this incident as example)?

ArbitraryWater
03-26-2015, 10:55 PM
These Audio recordings of planes crashing are insane... chilling, too much really... gave me mega goosebumps, imagining living those last moments, knowing ist about to go down, all over, for you and everyone on that plane, everyone behind you.... life flashing by you, your last words uttered, maybe you even evolve as human in those final seconds.

that could make some very emotional movie scenes with the right actors.. dunno why I thought of that.

Raymone
03-26-2015, 11:18 PM
Most intense plane crash scene in a movie: Cast Away

tomtucker
03-27-2015, 02:35 AM
Well this shit is on America.
After the 9/11' rigged job they made a rule that the door leading to the cockpit of every plane has to have a security code and has to be armored with steel. They could be only opened from inside of the cockpit during the flight. That was the main reason why the pilot couldnt enter the cockpit after exiting.
So after being a creator of 9/11, the Americans indirectly ended 150 lifes more. Way to go...
Yes, it was America

LEFT4DEAD
03-27-2015, 05:54 AM
[QUOTE=tomtucker]Yes, it was America

DCL
03-27-2015, 06:15 AM
according to new reports, the pilot had "serious depressive episodes."

tomtucker
03-27-2015, 06:36 AM
lol this guy still believes in that shit :biggums:

then who did 9-11 ?........you say this crash is america

Jnr Jnr
03-27-2015, 06:37 AM

http://i61.tinypic.com/2uojg3d.jpg

ImKobe
03-27-2015, 06:56 AM

is something wrong with me that I found the robotic sounding "pull up! pull up! pull up! terrain ahead!" funny? :facepalm

BigNBAfan
03-27-2015, 07:01 AM
This is why he did it....

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/03/26/12/270353F100000578-3012053-First_picture_Germanwings_co_pilot_28_year_old_Ger man_Andreas_G_-m-40_1427373291487.jpg

:roll: look at this bitch

Revenge of the Betas :lol

Most french and a lot of germans look like that... but i have more respect for germans than french even though they have done a lot of negative things to my city antwerpen. They fight for what they believe in unlike the french.

I was going to go to france a few weekends ago by plane, now i will travel by train even though its just as if not more safe via air.

HitandRun Reggie
03-27-2015, 11:28 AM
Looks like the Germans picked a real winner.

The pilot had received 18 months of psychiatric treatment for severe depression prior to becoming a pilot, he had an undisclosed medical disease he was hiding from his employer and co-workers of which the doctor directed he take the day off from work the day of the crash, and like the Malaysian 370 pilot, he was in the middle of a breakup, with his girlfriend.

code green
03-27-2015, 11:34 AM
is something wrong with me that I found the robotic sounding "pull up! pull up! pull up! terrain ahead!" funny? :facepalm

It reminded me of Top Gun for the NES.

Aside from that, what a shitty thing to be the last thing you hear before it all goes black.

iamgine
03-27-2015, 12:07 PM
Once again depression took many lives.

~primetime~
03-27-2015, 01:52 PM

I was correct

In his trash a doctors note was found stating that he is "unfit to work" due to some form of mental illness. They have not yet released what the illness was.

He hid his illness from his employer...went to work anyway. now the doctors are being trashed for not reporting it to the airline.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/27/europe/france-germanwings-plane-crash-main/index.html

riseagainst
03-27-2015, 01:55 PM

holy fck.

:roll:

ace23
03-27-2015, 05:21 PM
Well, we we're waiting on you to arrive
:roll:

zizozain
03-27-2015, 05:45 PM
i don't buy the ''story''

aircraft manufacturer will not say there was something wrong with the airplane.

Dresta
03-27-2015, 05:48 PM
These Audio recordings of planes crashing are insane... chilling, too much really... gave me mega goosebumps, imagining living those last moments, knowing ist about to go down, all over, for you and everyone on that plane, everyone behind you.... life flashing by you, your last words uttered, maybe you even evolve as human in those final seconds.

that could make some very emotional movie scenes with the right actors.. dunno why I thought of that.
I remember the one's from 9/11 were pretty grim: people in the towers above where the planes hit, right up to the moment of collapse, crying, panicking, despairing.

ArbitraryWater
03-27-2015, 05:56 PM
I remember the one's from 9/11 were pretty grim: people in the towers above where the planes hit, right up to the moment of collapse, crying, panicking, despairing.

Yep... the screaming, and those who jumped, the sound of those bodies splitting on the ground.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-27-2015, 06:32 PM
I like how Germany is handling this, releasing information immediately as it comes to them.

Yep... the screaming, and those who jumped, the sound of those bodies splitting on the ground.
Watched that sh!t live on CNN. Man, was that a hectic day.

i couldnt finish, but i noticed that. was it really robotic voice or was that a human?

DeuceWallaces
03-28-2015, 12:41 PM
Can someone explain to me why pilots need video privacy in the cockpit? What the **** are they doing in there that we should not be seeing. Pilots, cops, doctors, any professional with up to hundreds of lives in their hands should not have any expectation of privacy while on duty.

How is this pilot union so strong? They should be getting monthly mental health exams, video cameras on them, jr. pilots should not be able to seal themselves off in the cockpit, etc.

Riley Martin
03-28-2015, 01:14 PM
Can someone explain to me why pilots need video privacy in the cockpit? What the **** are they doing in there that we should not be seeing. Pilots, cops, doctors, any professional with up to hundreds of lives in their hands should not have any expectation of privacy while on duty.

How is this pilot union so strong? They should be getting monthly mental health exams, video cameras on them, jr. pilots should not be able to seal themselves off in the cockpit, etc.

I've heard it's because pilots don't want their potential final moments to be recorded and released for everyone to watch them die, including the pilot's family.

But audio recordings of plane crashes are already being released to the public. So I don't see how video would be any worse.

Overdrive
03-28-2015, 01:55 PM
He hid his illness from his employer...went to work anyway. now the doctors are being trashed for not reporting it to the airline.

Pretty sure doctors can't just notify the employer. They aren't allowed to give away health records of patients to third parties.

They'd need to make sure that it's allowed in this special case.

HitandRun Reggie
03-29-2015, 02:40 PM
In addition to depression and him being on anti-psychotic medication, the day before the crash he had been dumped by his girlfriend and found out he had a medical condition with his eyes that might cause him to lose his job as a pilot.

Talk about a perfect storm for suicidal tragedy.

TheMan
03-29-2015, 04:47 PM
In addition to depression and him being on anti-psychotic medication, the day before the crash he had been dumped by his girlfriend and found out he had a medical condition with his eyes that might cause him to lose his job as a pilot.

Talk about a perfect storm for suicidal tragedy.
Couldn't that beta fggot just hang himself? :facepalm

Siemens
03-29-2015, 04:56 PM
Sad that he had to take others with him.