PDA

View Full Version : Report: LeBron 'Frustrated' By Kevin Love Not 'Getting With The Program'

DetroitPistonFan
03-26-2015, 04:09 PM
Kevin Love's future in Cleveland is more uncertain not only by the day but by the latest social media postings from LeBron James.

Love may very well be back on the open market as a free agent this July, which is good news for Phil Jackson, who has available cap space and just about 12 available roster spots to fill. In theory, a high draft pick, a healthy Carmelo Anthony and the addition of Love is a huge upgrade over what the Knicks are throwing out on the court these days.

The Knicks are the type of big-market team that appeals to Love. The Lakers and Celtics would also be in the mix if Love decides not to return to the Cavaliers after just one season as the third wheel in Cleveland.

There are several hurdles, of course. Love and Knicks assistant coach Kurt Rambis didn’t exactly hit it off when Rambis was Love’s coach in Minnesota. Love was also not a huge fan of the triangle offense.

Similarly, Jackson has to be confident that making a huge investment in Love is the right call since Love seems unhappy in Cleveland despite finally playing for a winning team.

Love is viewed by some as an aloof player who alienated teammates in Minnesota and is now doing the same in Cleveland.

More troubling is that Love has struggled in his reduced role even while the Cavs will likely finish with the second-best record in the Eastern Conference and are the odds-on favorites to reach the NBA Finals.

Being a third option never seemed to be an issue with the great Lakers, Celtics and Bulls championship teams. James Worthy was a perennial All-Star playing alongside Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili never obsess over being the second or third guy behind Tim Duncan.

And most recently, Chris Bosh willingly accepted his new role in Miami with James and Dwyane Wade and was rewarded with four straight trips to the NBA Finals and two championships.

But in Cleveland, where LeBron is still LeBron and Kyrie Irving has blossomed into one of the league’s top point guards, Love is the outsider.

Love’s next move may depend on how the Cavs fare in May and June. But if you read the tea leaves, or in this case James’ tweets, Love may be leaving as fast as you can say “Andrew Wiggins.”

In February, James seemed to be addressing Love’s attitude and role when he tweeted: “Stop trying to find a way to FIT-OUT and just FIT-IN. Be apart of something special! Just my thoughts.”

Recently, James posted a photo on Instagram that he referred to as “Clique Up!!” The picture included James, Irving, Iman Shumpert, J.R. Smith, Tristan Thompson and Timofey Mozgov. Conspicuously absent from the picture? Love.

“We’re not best friends,” Love told ESPN Radio’s “Mike & Mike” a few days ago. “We’re not hanging out every day.”

LeBron and Love don’t have to be best pals off the court to be successful teammates. But it was somewhat telling that Love told the Dan Patrick radio program that Russell Westbrook, Love’s one-time teammate at UCLA, is the more deserving MVP candidate because “you know, Bron took those few games off and those couple of weeks off.”

When it comes to taking subtle digs, Love really outdid himself here. James didn’t like losing the MVP award to Kevin Durant last season and he’s not thrilled that Stephen Curry and James Harden are considered the clear favorites for the award. That a high-profile teammate has another player ahead of James in the race can’t sit well with the self-proclaimed King.

Of all the problems the Knicks have, at least they don’t have two stars bickering. (Of course, Jackson doesn’t have two stars on his roster, which is one of the Knicks’ biggest problems.) Could James be doing more to ease Love’s transition into a new team and city? Perhaps. Once upon a time, Derek Jeter had the clout in the Yankees locker room and the status among the New York fans to embrace Alex Rodriguez but chose not to.

But several sources close to the situation in Cleveland claim that James has tried to make it work but that he’s frustrated by Love’s inability, and in some ways unwillingness, to get with the program. Remember, James pushed the Cavs to trade Wiggins to the Timberwolves to acquire Love, who could be one-and-done in Cleveland.

That could be a positive development for the Knicks. Or just a warning sign.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/isola-rift-lebron-drive-love-join-knicks-article-1.2162496

HOoopCityJones
03-26-2015, 04:10 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/HKkR5CywvtrW/giphy.gif

keep-itreal
03-26-2015, 04:11 PM
empty stats :roll:

Im Still Ballin
03-26-2015, 04:11 PM
What If they win a championship?

dazzer87
03-26-2015, 04:12 PM
who cares...Love is overrated....

dubeta
03-26-2015, 04:12 PM
Kevin Love is a beta

SamuraiSWISH
03-26-2015, 04:13 PM
What If they win a championship?
2 for 5 says it isn't likely ... Plus no Ray Allen

LoneyROY7
03-26-2015, 04:14 PM
I may not be a LeBron fan, but at least he backs it up on the court. Love on the other hand...

BlakFrankWhite
03-26-2015, 04:15 PM
Knicks can get him,rondo and the #1 pick(towns)

ISHGoat
03-26-2015, 04:15 PM
This is from a NY news outlet, and theyre basically saying KLove to knicks...

Its pure speculation and fabricated

dubeta
03-26-2015, 04:16 PM

damn, 1-9 has you officially SHOOK

aj1987
Retarded article. Sensationalist media BS.

He can win without Allen. Even Jordan did it without Pippen....Wait... NVM.

RightToCensor
I may not be a LeBron fan, but at least he backs it up on the court. Love on the other hand...
Simpleton.

HOoopCityJones
03-26-2015, 04:18 PM

Have some ****in dignity for **** sake. You're a Heat fan.

LoneyROY7
03-26-2015, 04:20 PM
Simpleton.

L.

RightToCensor
03-26-2015, 04:26 PM
L.
Exactly how is Kevin Love gonna produce at an All-Star level spotting up in the corner. I'm sure he didn't come to this team to be Chris Bosh but rather be a weapon in David Blatt's offense. He now realizes that it isn't Blatt's team, it's Lebron's (just like in Miami).

In all honesty, Lebron shouldn't even be crying for Love back on the team. Cleveland can get guys who can space the floor just and good and defend his man better.

The fact that Kevin Love gets benched the entire forth quarter is a slap in the man's face. Even if he isn't a decent defender, the fact that the coach has a lack of confidence in you kills you inside when you think you're a star.

AnaheimLakers24
03-26-2015, 04:29 PM
Bron mad that not every player wants to be his walking carpet. Irving is his bitch. K love has dignity

HOoopCityJones
03-26-2015, 04:31 PM
Exactly how is Kevin Love gonna produce at an All-Star level spotting up in the corner. I'm sure he didn't come to this team to be Chris Bosh but rather be a weapon in David Blatt's offense. He now realizes that it isn't Blatt's team, it's Lebron's (just like in Miami).

In all honesty, Lebron shouldn't even be crying for Love back on the team. Cleveland can get guys who can space the floor just and good and defend his man better.

The fact that Kevin Love gets benched the entire forth quarter is a slap in the man's face. Even if he isn't a decent defender, the fact that the coach has a lack of confidence in you kills you inside when you think you're a star.

/Thread.

J Shuttlesworth
03-26-2015, 04:32 PM
Article is pure speculation

LoneyROY7
03-26-2015, 04:32 PM

Do you think Blatt wants to bench Love in the 4th? He clearly isn't producing at a level on offense that can offset his atrocious defense. Who's fault is that?

You can blame LeBron if you want, but if Kevin Love truly is a star and an impactful player, he should take the initiative and find a way to contribute positively regardless of what another player is doing.

oarabbus
03-26-2015, 04:35 PM
Do you think Blatt wants to bench Love in the 4th? He clearly isn't producing at a level on offense that can offset his atrocious defense. Who's fault is that?

You can blame LeBron if you want, but if Kevin Love truly is a star and an impactful player, he should take the initiative and find a way to contribute positively regardless of what another player is doing.

Probably his teammates fault for not giving him the ball.

HOoopCityJones
03-26-2015, 04:35 PM

That's exactly what he's doing though. From all indication Love has been very cooperative , it's not like it was with us and Dwight where he was flat out telling D'antoni he didn't wanna play Pick n Roll. :confusedshrug:

LoneyROY7
03-26-2015, 04:39 PM
Probably his teammates fault for not giving him the ball.

And yet somehow the Cavs are still dominating the league, despite Love not getting those touches.

Springsteen
03-26-2015, 04:39 PM
Are we really buying into this NY media BS? This is just a regurgitation of everything Love's said with one little paragrah of an "unnamed source" who says LeBran is apparently "frustrated". Then the article goes on to talk about how the KNICKS have a chance to get him.

Come on now.

RightToCensor
03-26-2015, 04:40 PM

Kevin Love is not, nor ever was a good defender. He got his All-Star appearances, notoriety, and max money based on being the most versatile offense PF in the league. You take that away from him and he's no different than Ryan Anderson or Channing Frye.

Budadiiii
03-26-2015, 04:44 PM
LeBron is a known racist and one of the worst leaders in sports history.

No surprise Love isn't getting with LeBron's assbackwards half-assed way of doing things.

He's as good as gone after this year. LeBron ruins yet another super team. :lol

J Shuttlesworth
03-26-2015, 04:49 PM
Love had an awesome game last night. Hopefully he can continue to play like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_9AoLgjJkU

If he plays like that every game, Blatt wouldn't think to bench him in the 4th

Smoke117
03-26-2015, 04:51 PM
Bosh would actually be a perfect 3rd man on this team. He's unselfish to a fault, spreads the floor, and plays defense. While I don't care for how much were paying him, he's a great teammate. One of the best in the league.

sportjames23

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Akrazotile
Love is the baskeball Jay Cutler

Hey Yo
03-26-2015, 05:00 PM
I'll take the Cavs odds at winning a title > your odds of ever being employed as a basketball coach.

k0kakw0rld
03-26-2015, 05:01 PM
who cares...Love is overrated....
how?

k0kakw0rld
03-26-2015, 05:04 PM
As a Love fan, He needs to stfu and man up :facepalm . Were you complaining with Team USA? no. STFU and focus on playing basketball. Yesterday was an example of how deadly he can be if involved. His passes, his vision, his post moves and 3pt game and was trying for once on defense.

game3524
03-26-2015, 05:11 PM
I'll take the Cavs odds at winning a title > your odds of ever being employed as a basketball coach.

:oldlol:

navy
03-26-2015, 05:13 PM
this is a knicks writer trying to stir up trouble to get love to new york.

They didnt even hide their agenda :roll:

poido123
03-26-2015, 05:20 PM

dubeta
03-26-2015, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=poido123]

Siemens
03-26-2015, 06:19 PM
Wasn't the same thing said a month ago?

poido123
03-26-2015, 06:42 PM
It was, stop making fun of player injuries you pathetic excuse for a poster.

Except it was Lebron's teammate and not Lebron's personal buttplug(YOU) who says Lebron took weeks off.

Read the quote by Love himself Betaboy. Lebron is a p.ussy as per usual :pimp:

Magic 32
03-26-2015, 07:17 PM
Lebron is drunk on his regular season succes again, and for the first time ever I think he thinks that he can win a championship with just one all-star player next to him (like Kobe and Jordan did).

That would be a big mistake.

Lebron needs a minimum of two all-stars and the East to have a chance.

buddha
03-26-2015, 07:22 PM
LeRacist

RedBlackAttack
03-26-2015, 07:29 PM
Isola has no shame.

RedBlackAttack
03-26-2015, 07:38 PM
Apparently, everyone in the Cavs' lockerroom and on the team's beat is laughing at the national narrative that KLove and LeBron have some secret beef.

Last night.... (these are the Cavs' main five beat writers that travel with the team):

http://www.ohio.com/polopoly_fs/1.578135.1427348821!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_440/cliq.jpg

[QUOTE]11. The Love/LeBron stuff has been beat to death so I won

aj1987
03-26-2015, 07:46 PM
Have some ****in dignity for **** sake. You're a Heat fan.
The **** is wrong with you? I'm not allowed to call those retarded writers?

Idiot.

HOoopCityJones
03-26-2015, 07:50 PM
I was joking you weirdo.

BigBoss
03-26-2015, 07:53 PM
Man **** Princess Lebald. It's his way or the highway since he entered the league. I've never seen a professional athlete pick and choose his teammates his whole career.

Meticode
03-26-2015, 07:53 PM
I've never seen a story more pulled from the ass. :oldlol:

Lebron23
03-26-2015, 08:39 PM
'Getting With The Program'

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

aj1987
03-26-2015, 09:24 PM
I was joking you weirdo.
My bad. Apologize for calling you an idiot.

houston
03-26-2015, 11:48 PM
love know your role

nzahir
03-27-2015, 12:33 AM

He can win without Allen. Even Jordan did it without Pippen....Wait... NVM.
:banana:

Ancient Legend
03-27-2015, 01:54 AM
Kevin Love knew exactly what he was getting into when coming to the Cavs. Bosh sacrificed his stats but at least he played decent defense, and hit some big time shots.

Love? Without his offense he's worthless. He just came to the Cavs to taste the playoffs for free.

In hindsight it was a bad trade for Wiggins. Wiggs plays better defense already than Love.

STATUTORY
03-27-2015, 10:00 AM
is program an euphemism for slavery nowdays?

Akrazotile
03-27-2015, 10:57 AM
Kevin Love knew exactly what he was getting into when coming to the Cavs. Bosh sacrificed his stats but at least he played decent defense, and hit some big time shots.

Love? Without his offense he's worthless. He just came to the Cavs to taste the playoffs for free.

In hindsight it was a bad trade for Wiggins. Wiggs plays better defense already than Love.

I said this from the beginning. However IF they win a chip it's pretty hard to argue with the result. But on paper I thought the trade made no sense bc the Cavs could have a Pippenesque wingplayer on a rookie contract running alonside Bran and Kyrie. Could have used Love's capspace to get another PF elsewhere.

RedBlackAttack
03-27-2015, 05:55 PM

I was very vocal in being against trading Wiggins under any circumstances, for really anyone. Once I heard about Embiid's injury, I fell in love with Wiggins as a prospect and the idea of he and Kyrie growing together and running together for the next decade-plus was too irresistible to let go of, especially when there was no guarantee Love would be here longterm.

I argued for weeks and weeks about it, when the rest of ISH seemed to think it was a "no-brainer" to trade for Love.

With all of that being said, the idea that Wiggins would be even remotely as important to this particular team in his first couple years as Love is right now is just flat-out ridiculous. First of all, JR Smith and Shump have fit perfectly onto this roster at the position(s) Wiggins plays. It's not like this team is lacking in athletic wings who can shoot and defend.

Meanwhile, without Love, we would have a gaping hole in the area of a versatile 4 who can step out and knock down jumpers, work from the elbow, get in the post and still be an elite rebounder.

People can quibble over his points, shooting percentage, defense or whatever else. The most important numbers are the ones that display how the team performs with Love on the floor versus on the bench. When you look at those, a striking trend begins to form.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B__NZbAU0AA0hcb.png

Kevin Love doesn't have to score a point or get a single rebound and he's still vital to the Cavs' success by being able to space the floor and being a major threat to defenses across the league. And, just for good measure, he's putting up 17/11 as a third option.

So, yes... I was and am still a fan of Wiggins and, both at the time and in retrospect, I think the wiser longterm move was to allow Wiggins to grow here with Kyrie and under the tutelage of LBJ. But, let's also not get it twisted... what Love brings to this team could not be easily replaced and there's no way we're as good right now with Wiggins/Bennett in his place... not even close.

handbanana
03-27-2015, 06:43 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B__NZbAU0AA0hcb.png

/END FCKING THREAD :applause:

BlackVVaves
03-27-2015, 08:57 PM
Apparently, everyone in the Cavs' lockerroom and on the team's beat is laughing at the national narrative that KLove and LeBron have some secret beef.

Last night.... (these are the Cavs' main five beat writers that travel with the team):

http://www.ohio.com/polopoly_fs/1.578135.1427348821!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_440/cliq.jpg

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-cavaliers/cleveland-cavaliers-1.275356/cavs-111-grizzlies-89-jason-lloyd-s-24-final-thoughts-on-kyrie-irving-s-impressive-night-1.578134

Generally speaking, I think the media is conjuring a fragmented narrative for the sake of mentions and clicks. However, you have to admit, Love's comments about Bron this week did seem strangely jaded. He did more than endorse another player over his teammate for MVP, but produced subtle jabs in the process. Speaking to the validity of Bron "taking a few weeks off" was unnecessary and quite disconcerting, regardless of the veracity of his comments.

If nothing else, Love was being an honest man, and a shitty teammate.

kennethgriffin
03-27-2015, 09:05 PM

remember chris bosh?

he also was turned into a stretch 4 third option role player with lebron. his stats dropped off a ton aswell

remember?

it wasnt that long ago

its called the lebron offense

it doesnt help post players do what they do best because they have no plays drawn up for them

theyre told to get out and make room for lebrons drive so he can pad another assist

shaq was actually very productive on phoenix before joining lebron. then his stats went south faster than lebrons father after knocking up gloria james

Ancient Legend
03-27-2015, 09:09 PM
remember chris bosh?

he also was turned into a stretch 4 third option role player with lebron. his stats dropped off a ton aswell

remember?

it wasnt that long ago

its called the lebron offense

it doesnt help post players do what they do best because they have no plays drawn up for them

theyre told to get out and make room for lebrons drive so he can pad another assist

shaq was actually very productive on phoenix before joining lebron. then his stats went south faster than lebrons father after knocking up gloria james

Bosh looked like he had fun from the beginning though. Love looks miserable out there.

Akrazotile
03-27-2015, 10:05 PM
Bosh looked like he had fun from the beginning though. Love looks miserable out there.

I think Bosh is naturally more of a "happy" guy to begin with.

If you know what I mean :yaohappy:

RedBlackAttack
03-27-2015, 10:08 PM
Generally speaking, I think the media is conjuring a fragmented narrative for the sake of mentions and clicks. However, you have to admit, Love's comments about Bron this week did seem strangely jaded. He did more than endorse another player over his teammate for MVP, but produced subtle jabs in the process. Speaking to the validity of Bron "taking a few weeks off" was unnecessary and quite disconcerting, regardless of the veracity of his comments.

If nothing else, Love was being an honest man, and a shitty teammate.
See, I don't really give a sh!t about who wins the MVP and I seriously doubt Love gives a sh!t either. That's something for the media and fans to argue about for 82 games. I don't think it's indicative of anything other than Love not realizing the media is constantly looking for a reason to divide this lockerroom.

They've been doing it since the day James announced he was coming back. I tune most of it out, but this "clique up" thing was too ridiculous to completely ignore.