PDA

View Full Version : Rate the last videogame you played

red1
03-26-2015, 10:23 PM
Shadow of Mordor: 9/10

http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/150045b.jpg

This game is dope. Reminds me of batman arkham city in the sense that you play an overpowered badass running around f*cking shit up in an open world. I was never the biggest lord of the rings fan when the original trilogy came out but I rewatched the series recently and saw the hobbit trilogy as well and definitely appreciate the quality of the series far more this time around. Took me a solid 20 hours over two months and I have yet to touch any of the DLC. If you like action games then you are doing yourself a disservice by not giving this a shot.

dubeta
03-26-2015, 10:26 PM
That game is amazing, especially the nemesis system, true Next-Gen stuff. You basically create your own adventure.

RightToCensor
03-26-2015, 10:34 PM
NBA 2K13: 7.5/10

This is the only game I play besides some NFL and NCAA Football demos I still have saved on my XBOX.

The game itself can get repetitive, but I keep it interesting with constantly adjusting players' overalls, player tendencies, in-game sliders, and the three rookie classes ('13, '14, '15) I downloaded before the servers went down. All I really play is Association. I user multiple teams at a time during a save and recreate the main trades and signings. I always pick the Rockets and go for a championship every season after we sign Dwight Howard. The actual gameplay can be better (I have 2K11 and its gameplay is superior), but the control scheme is so simple and easy.

red1
03-26-2015, 10:46 PM
That game is amazing, especially the nemesis system, true Next-Gen stuff. You basically create your own adventure.
Hunting down and ruining an orc who killed you in the past is gratifying to say the least.

Siemens
03-26-2015, 11:32 PM
Nba 2k 15
7/10

Micku
03-26-2015, 11:50 PM
Dying Light 8/10

The game's sweet. Story's decent, but not anything to brag about. The gameplay is like a 9/10 tho. I find the parkour system more fun than Assassin's Creed or Mirror Edge. The night time is pretty intense, but the game get a little bit easier near the end game. If you equip the right weapons, you could one shot almost anything. It's still pretty hard if you are surrounded tho.

It borrows a lot for a lot of games and it's like Dead Island done right. And co-op is fun as hell.

On PC it shutters a bit on my spec. You have to mess with the settings a little bit. But overall it runs smoothly after the patches.

Done_And_Done
03-27-2015, 12:14 AM
My brother scooped up a copy of Max Payne 3 for PS3 on ebay for next to nothing.

Not bad at all for its time. The story is a little over the top and the combat grew pretty repetitive over time but my best friend and I had a good time crushing some drinks while playing it. Very little learning curve so it was easy to play even while smashed.

BigBoss
03-27-2015, 12:15 AM
The Last of Us 10/10

Currently playing DmC.

BasedTom
03-27-2015, 12:38 AM
cities skylines - 8.7/10

Probably saved an entire genre that EA nearly killed. I don't like the cartoonish artstyle much, but that's a minor complaint. The modding community will make this one age very well, and one that will only improve over time. They've already made some impressive stuff early on.

Megabox!
03-27-2015, 01:04 AM
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
9.5/10 game is still amazing to this day :applause:

Droid101
03-27-2015, 01:33 AM
Evolve. 9/10

So much fun. Like the Left 4 Dead games... the formula seems simple but every game turns out completely different and unexpected. The hero plays feel so damn good. I highly recommend.

It's gone on sale for $40 on Steam and Amazon already. Keep your eyes open.

JohnFreeman
03-27-2015, 01:46 AM
Csgo 10/10

fiddy
03-27-2015, 02:36 AM
Civilization V Brave New World
∞/10

TylerOO
03-27-2015, 02:41 AM
all games piss me of these days.

aj1987
03-27-2015, 02:45 AM
Dying Light - 9/10 (PC)

Agree with everything Miku said. The game's extremely fun.

Far Cry 4 - 8/10 (PC)

Even though it's pretty much the same as Far Cry 3 with better graphics, it's still pretty entertaining. The storyline is kinda lame. Overall, the game is entertaining. I wish the NPC's were a bit more "intelligent" though.

Playing COD: Advanced Warfare - ?/10 (PS4)

Just started playing this game. I started the multiplayer as soon as I bought it and got rekt. Decided to finish the story mode first to figure out the weapons and the other gadgets first. Did about 20 minutes worth of story mode and seems pretty good thus far. I wish they develop an open world COD game. A game in which everything is destructible.

BasedTom
03-27-2015, 02:48 AM
Civilization V Brave New World
∞/10
Is it better than Civ IV beyond the sword+ mods?

Micku
03-27-2015, 02:57 AM
Playing COD: Advanced Warfare - ?/10 (PS4)

Just started playing this game. I started the multiplayer as soon as I bought it and got rekt. Decided to finish the story mode first to figure out the weapons and the other gadgets first. Did about 20 minutes worth of story mode and seems pretty good thus far. I wish they develop an open world COD game. A game in which everything is destructible.

That would be awesome. I miss the WW2 CoD games tho. You could drive tanks and stuff in multiplayer. I guess if you do want some destructible things, there's Battlefield. I never played it, but I heard it's good.

aj1987
03-27-2015, 03:04 AM
That would be awesome. I miss the WW2 CoD games tho. You could drive tanks and stuff in multiplayer. I guess if you do want some destructible things, there's Battlefield. I never played it, but I heard it's good.
I used to play BF a LOT. Loved the fact that you could drive tanks, APC's and other vehicles, boats, and fly planes. Have played the newer ones though. BF2 was the tits. The new BF does have a destructible environment. I just wish more games have it though. An open world FPS like COD with a destructible environment? :eek:

Practice?
03-27-2015, 03:05 AM
Madden 15 - 8.5/10

bdreason
03-27-2015, 03:11 AM
Cities: Skylines

10/10

It's what Sim City should have been.

fiddy
03-27-2015, 03:30 AM
Is it better than Civ IV beyond the sword+ mods?
IMO yes

plowking
03-27-2015, 04:13 AM
The Order: 1886

I liked it even though a lot of people didn't. Great story, great loading times for a game as good looking as it is, the gameplay mechanics are great, and it is engaging enough to keep you playing. Only problem is how restrictive and bland the world is. I'd give it a 7.5 or 8/10.

Haven't played a game in a while due to how busy I've been but I really want to play Bloodborne next.

bluechox2
03-27-2015, 04:23 AM
gta v 10/10

Siemens
03-27-2015, 04:40 AM
gta v 9.5/10

joe
03-27-2015, 04:44 AM
I am playing King's Field for the Playstation 1, it is the spiritual predecessor to Demon's/Dark Souls. Both series are created by the same company (From Software). This one is a first-person RPG, which may be the first Western RPG of its kind.

There are some noticeable similarities between this game and its future brothers:

-This game does not hold your hand. You have to use your brain, and your own judgment, to work through the many challenges.

-The NPC's are not always necessary to talk to, but if you do, they shed interesting light on the obviously well thought-out story.

-The atmosphere is medieval fantasy, just like the Boletarian castle.

Flaws:

-The biggest flaw, by far, is the frame rate. This game generally moves extremely slow. It seems like they really tried to create this huge world, but the PS1 technology could not support it. The game moves so slow, my fingers hurt after playing sometimes; trying to turn your immensely slow character with a PS1 D-Pad is no fun.

-Combat. Do not expect the precision and expert handling of Dark Souls. This is the PS1 after all. But for what it is, I actually enjoy the combat. There is some skill and strategy to it. If you grew up with the PS1, and you don't mind playing retro games, you will be fine with the combat. But I am sure a kid who grew up with the Xbox 360 will be completely turned off by it.

Great game so far. I am loving it, especially as a big fan of Demon/Dark Souls.

Graviton
03-27-2015, 04:50 AM
Hearthstone - 4/10

This game is such bullshit, 90% based on luck and unlike Magic you don't get lands or chance to play during your opponents turn so its even more lopsided when RNG rapes you. To top it all off you need like 200+ dollars worth of packs to actually get some good cards and play, or else you will get owned by the pay to win decks everyone has.

Achilleas
03-27-2015, 05:01 AM
dark souls 2
on pc ,best game 10/10

faster than light
10/10 ,it is vert difficult

tales of borderlands 1episode
9/10

joe
03-27-2015, 05:27 AM
Hearthstone - 4/10

This game is such bullshit, 90% based on luck and unlike Magic you don't get lands or chance to play during your opponents turn so its even more lopsided when RNG rapes you. To top it all off you need like 200+ dollars worth of packs to actually get some good cards and play, or else you will get owned by the pay to win decks everyone has.

lol, I play Hearthstone. I have played Magic for years, and what I loved about Hearthstone was that it was DEVOID of lands. **** lands. I am done being mana screwed, getting too much mana, too little. It is such a pain in the ass and it seems like every single game is screwed up in some way by one of the two players not having the desired number of lands.

There is a lot of luck and RNG in Hearthstone. There is a lot of skill too, but it is very often overshadowed by bullshit RNG. I feel you. I kind of like the game, but it also seems like a ridiculous waste of time.

And also, **** Blizzard in general, for purposely trying to make their games addictive. I think the way they design games is immoral. Hearthstone included.

At this point I have a lot of the necessary legendaries and a lot of the main cards. And now I am questioning whether or not I want to play anymore.

KobesFinger
03-27-2015, 05:35 AM
Oddworld: New n Tasty - 8/10

Brilliant remake of Abe's Oddysee

NBA 2K15 4-5/10

Same issues as 2K13 and 14 such as
- Stuck in animations
- Sequences feel scripted
- Passing logic when not using directional passing is dumb (who does a cross court pass when the guy 2 feet in front of you is open under the basket? Etc.)
- VC takes long to earn. 800 for a really good game but upgrades cost thousands
- Three pointers and shots at the end of the shot clock or buzzer

And new ones such as
- Coach calling a timeout with 2 seconds left in a Q to bring you in and generally wasting TOs
- (This one is personal) not being featured in the team's offence despite having maxed out inside scorer, leading the team in scoring and FG%. I can go minutes without touching the ball, even to pass to someone else

PES 2015 6/10

- Players feel slow e.g Walcott
- Stamina is hilariously bad, compounded by the fact that in ML there are stretches where you can play 9 games in a month
- No fouls are called. I've been entire games with no free kicks except for offside

COD 5 8/10

Really fun but nigh impossible to find a lobby without hackers

Blacklight: Retribution 8/10

If the game had a mini-map, your stats and didn't have microtransactions, the game would be perfect IMO

Graviton
03-27-2015, 05:42 AM
lol, I play Hearthstone. I have played Magic for years, and what I loved about Hearthstone was that it was DEVOID of lands. **** lands. I am done being mana screwed, getting too much mana, too little. It is such a pain in the ass and it seems like every single game is screwed up in some way by one of the two players not having the desired number of lands.

There is a lot of luck and RNG in Hearthstone. There is a lot of skill too, but it is very often overshadowed by bullshit RNG. I feel you. I kind of like the game, but it also seems like a ridiculous waste of time.

And also, **** Blizzard in general, for purposely trying to make their games addictive. I think the way they design games is immoral. Hearthstone included.

At this point I have a lot of the necessary legendaries and a lot of the main cards. And now I am questioning whether or not I want to play anymore.

But Magic has cards that allow you to "fetch" land or any other cards you want out of your deck, the fact you also have the ability to counter your opponent during their turn adds even more to the gameplay. The card variety and paths to victory are also on another level.

I played all the Magic games on my Xbox 360 for years, and always felt like I had control most of the time. But with Heartstone it's 99% luck, you have no way to counter your opponent on their turn, you have no way to slow them down or punish them, it's more simple but not as rewarding. And everyone is just playing brainless rushdown decks since there isn't much variety in cards.

Im Still Ballin
03-27-2015, 05:44 AM
Kotor 1 and 2

Needs no introduction

10/10

fiddy
03-27-2015, 06:05 AM
Oddworld: New n Tasty - 8/10

Brilliant remake of Abe's Oddysee

NBA 2K15 4-5/10

Same issues as 2K13 and 14 such as
- Stuck in animations
- Sequences feel scripted
- Passing logic when not using directional passing is dumb (who does a cross court pass when the guy 2 feet in front of you is open under the basket? Etc.)
- VC takes long to earn. 800 for a really good game but upgrades cost thousands
- Three pointers and shots at the end of the shot clock or buzzer

And new ones such as
- Coach calling a timeout with 2 seconds left in a Q to bring you in and generally wasting TOs
- (This one is personal) not being featured in the team's offence despite having maxed out inside scorer, leading the team in scoring and FG%. I can go minutes without touching the ball, even to pass to someone else

Those timeouts at the end of quarters, really piss me off. Generally i hate all of those cinematic cuts feel like a waste, i have zero interest in them, just want to play the damn game. Anyway as for no touches, thats why i create a combo guard (PG with scoring attributes) and do whatever i want to on offence. :lol

~primetime~
03-27-2015, 12:02 PM
I'm currently catching up on Assassin's Creed...Black Flag

http://www.nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/gaming-assassins-creed-4-black-flag-screenshot-7.jpg

9/10

It's really amazing, very in depth. I'll probably skip out on Unity though, I heard that it took a step backward there. Will move on to a different title after I finish up with Black Flag.

Levity
03-27-2015, 12:10 PM
been on a huge Dying Light (ps4, co-op) fix lately (9/10). so much in fact, that i havent even touched GTA heists, yet. and im eyeing borderlands 2 for ps4, so i may never get around to these heists ive been waiting 1+ years for. haha.

ItsMillerTime
03-27-2015, 12:17 PM
Battlefield Hardline for Xbox One - 9/10

Has one of the more interesting single player campaigns of most other shooters out there, definitely better than any CoD campaign. Multiplayer is badass, some modes are 32 v 32 like the PC version. Super fun game.

24-Inch_Chrome
03-27-2015, 12:19 PM
Heroes of the Storm, 9/10. The game is still in closed beta but feels incredibly polished, Blizzard is still one of the best game developers in the industry as far as quality.

Shadow of Mordor, 9/10. Arkham's combat system was amazing, being able to use it in a Lord of the Rings world was a real treat.

Far Cry 3, 8.5/10. I had never really gotten into a Far Cry game but this one got me hooked. I hated having to go through Ubisoft's game service but it wasn't the end of the world.

Diablo III, 8.5/10. This game got a lot of hate when it came out but Blizzard has done well to patch it up and improve the experience immensely. The expansion was solid too.

imdaman99
03-27-2015, 12:29 PM
Super Mario World on my phone, on a rom.

Great game 10/10. It's just really hard to play on a touch screen. I need to get one of them tablets with them buttons and D-pad controls. Tried it on a bluetooth controller, and it's glitchy and sometimes it's hard to map the buttons.

Something like this http://smile.amazon.com/Handheld-Console-1-6GHz-Simulators-Joysticks-Nintendo-DS/dp/B00M58TVI2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427473653&sr=8-1&keywords=jxd+7800b

Anybody got experience with those? I don't know if I'll get serious reply when everyone is playing PS4 or XB1.

~primetime~
03-27-2015, 12:49 PM
majority of the reviews in here are 8/10 or higher

People spend $60 on a game they are going to make damn sure they love it first...much different than throwing $8 at a movie. Actual research is done before game purchases.

24-Inch_Chrome
03-27-2015, 12:51 PM
majority of the reviews in here are 8/10 or higher

People spend $60 on a game they are going to make damn sure they love it first...much different than throwing $8 at a movie. Actual research is done before game purchases.

I almost never spend the full $60 on a new game. I'm primarily a PC gamer, it's much easier to wait for Steam's winter/summer sale and pick up a bunch of games at 50%-90% off. Even though I'm spending very little I still do research the game though.

Siemens
03-27-2015, 01:35 PM
Battlefield Hardline for Xbox One - 9/10

Has one of the more interesting single player campaigns of most other shooters out there, definitely better than any CoD campaign. Multiplayer is badass, some modes are 32 v 32 like the PC version. Super fun game.

I like the capture the car multiplayer, whatever they call it.

red1
03-27-2015, 02:45 PM
GTA 5: 10/10

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/img/global/order/GTAV-PS4.jpg

Didn't get around to playing this on ps3 or 360 last gen and held out ever since they announced the retooled version for the the new systems and PC. Easily one of the best games ever made.

Kungfro
03-27-2015, 03:12 PM
Hotline Miami 2, I'd give it a 7/10. A lot more shooter heavy then the first one, but once you get adjusted to the changes you can still combo rooms together pretty effectively. Still like the first one better though.

ItsMillerTime
03-27-2015, 04:35 PM
I like the capture the car multiplayer, whatever they call it.

Hotwire is my shit! :rockon: RPGs for days.

bballnoob1192
03-27-2015, 06:29 PM
cities: skylines 8/10
darkest dungeon 8/10