PDA

View Full Version : Do the Hawks remind anyone of the 2014 Pacers?

J Shuttlesworth
03-26-2015, 11:47 PM
I remember last year, everyone was thinking the Pacers would beat the Heat in the ECF before the all star break happened. They had a damn good record and started drifting in the 2nd half of the season. It got to the point where they weren't even considered an elite team or a contender. The fans didn't have faith in them, and the team seemed discombobulated.

Look at the forum right now after months of Hawks threads. Nowhere to be found anymore. Cawkfan and his disciples have toned it down since the hawks have been mediocre lately. Nobody is picking them to win the East anymore, let alone the ring. Like the Pacers, they will maintain the first seed, but nobody considers them a legit contender. It seemed like it was this point in the season last year where the Pacers became "irrelevant"

navy
03-26-2015, 11:51 PM
No. The Pacers straight up melted down. The Hawks just cooled off.

Prime_Shaq
03-26-2015, 11:53 PM
Yeah the Pacers just straight up melted down, their offense was horrid.

atljonesbro
03-27-2015, 12:53 AM
What's up with the "if it happened once, it will happen EVERY time" logic? The Hawks are nothing like the Pacers and match up favorably vs the Cavs. The Cavs just don't match up with the Hawks players at all. They have an answer for everything the cavs can throw at them.

J Shuttlesworth
03-27-2015, 12:54 AM
What's up with the "if it happened once, it will happen EVERY time" logic? The Hawks are nothing like the Pacers and match up favorably vs the Cavs. The Cavs just don't match up with the Hawks players at all. They have an answer for everything the cavs can throw at them.
What? I didn't even mention anything about Cavs vs. Hawks. I'm just talking about how they seem to be having similar seasons, although the Pacers were worse at this point.

unknowns8
03-27-2015, 01:39 AM
no coz the 2015 Hawks are a far more disciplined outfit than the 2014 Pacers and it shows in the way they play their basketball ... if you really paid attention you would've noticed this already

SwishSquared
03-27-2015, 02:05 AM
I can see some parallels in the way both teams looked pre and post ASB. A couple things to consider though is that ATL has a much better offense and a better bench, even if a couple guys are banged up currently.

Indy had to play balls-out defense to be dominant and had a grinding offensive game. The Hawks system is much more fluid on offense, which helps them out. I see ATL picking it up once again before the playoffs begin. I doubt that they get pushed to the brink by an 8th seed, unless they draw Miami.

Indy had chemistry issues and melted down and I think the Hawks are hitting a rough patch. Not as severe correction to the mean, I guess.

J Shuttlesworth
03-27-2015, 02:08 AM
I can see some parallels in the way both teams looked pre and post ASB. A couple things to consider though is that ATL has a much better offense and a better bench, even if a couple guys are banged up currently.

Indy had to play balls-out defense to be dominant and had a grinding offensive game. The Hawks system is much more fluid on offense, which helps them out. I see ATL picking it up once again before the playoffs begin. I doubt that they get pushed to the brink by an 8th seed, unless they draw Miami.

Indy had chemistry issues and melted down and I think the Hawks are hitting a rough patch. Not as severe correction to the mean, I guess.
Yeah I'm not really trying to say they have a similar style of play... Pacers were more elite defensively, but didn't have near the offense the Hawks have. Pacers were also better on boards, and they were built around a superstar, unlike the Hawks.

I just notice shit just seems to be hitting the fan at the wrong time of the year, but the Pacers were actually in danger of losing their first seed, where as the Hawks still have a comfortable margin.

SwishSquared
03-27-2015, 02:15 AM
Yeah I'm not really trying to say they have a similar style of play... Pacers were more elite defensively, but didn't have near the offense the Hawks have. Pacers were also better on boards, and they were built around a superstar, unlike the Hawks.

I just notice shit just seems to be hitting the fan at the wrong time of the year, but the Pacers were actually in danger of losing their first seed, where as the Hawks still have a comfortable margin.True, true. I'm not disagreeing. I didn't mean for my post to come across as comparing team styles, but my bad that it did. I think Indy simply ran out of gas from playing so hard. The effort required on the defensive end to make them dominant burned out their guys, especially with the weak bench. Their lack of offensive cohesion and talent made it even harder on them.

I think Atlanta's system at least has their guys fresher b/c they have such an easier time offensively, even if Scott's injured and Thabo hasn't been super healthy. I think ATL maybe eased up as playoffs loom, or maybe Scott was a nice sparkplug that they haven't replaced suitably (would love to see some bench stats but I'm too lazy to look up lol).

Both teams seemingly peaked too early, but I have a lot more faith in this Hawks squad returning close to top form than I did in the Pacers last year. Pacers were an absolute disaster entering playoffs. I think it's also fair to say Pacers overachieved more pre ASB last season and the regression to mean was much more severe down home stretch

J Shuttlesworth
03-27-2015, 02:19 AM
True, true. I'm not disagreeing. I didn't mean for my post to come across as comparing team styles, but my bad that it did. I think Indy simply ran out of gas from playing so hard. The effort required on the defensive end to make them dominant burned out their guys, especially with the weak bench. Their lack of offensive cohesion and talent made it even harder on them.

I honestly wonder if something happened... They seemed like such a "group" early in the year, and then they appeared to just have terrible chemistry issues all across the board by the end of the season. We saw shit like PG calling out Stephenson for barking up the wrong tree when he was messing with LeBron. It was just a mess all over. Maybe someone ****ed hibbert's wife or something :lol

SwishSquared
03-27-2015, 02:24 AM
I honestly wonder if something happened... They seemed like such a "group" early in the year, and then they appeared to just have terrible chemistry issues all across the board by the end of the season. We saw shit like PG calling out Stephenson for barking up the wrong tree when he was messing with LeBron. It was just a mess all over. Maybe someone ****ed hibbert's wife or something :lol:oldlol: I wonder if they just got sick of Lance. Apparently he's more high maintenance than I thought. His rebound snatching probably got worse as he got closer to a new deal and I know that ticked off Hibbert. The LBJ hijinx were stupid. Could have been last straw. Don't think Larry Legend co-signed that :oldlol:

Didn't they say PG had an affair with Hibbert's wife? Could be misremembering but there was some rumor of that lol. I think it didn't help their cause that PG went Prince mode after his scorching start, and maybe MVP talk got to his head. Dude was dressing like he was dating a Kardashian haha.

AnaheimLakers24
03-27-2015, 02:51 AM
Contract years. Hawks dont give a ****

imdaman99
03-27-2015, 02:55 AM
Shows you just how historically bad the east was/is. As everyone said, the pacers melted down yet they were still in the conference finals. And then the team that beats them gets bent over and violated over and over so bad in the finals that it forces their best player to quit on them and leave with his tail tucked between his legs :oldlol:

J Shuttlesworth
03-27-2015, 03:19 AM
Shows you just how historically bad the east was/is. As everyone said, the pacers melted down yet they were still in the conference finals. And then the team that beats them gets bent over and violated over and over so bad in the finals that it forces their best player to quit on them and leave with his tail tucked between his legs :oldlol:
Really puts into perspective just how bad Melo/the Knicks are.

coin24
03-27-2015, 03:25 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Had to go home and re stack

coin24
03-27-2015, 03:26 AM
Really puts into perspective just how bad Melo/the Knicks are.

Actually it goes to show how overrated bran is, if he played in the west he'd still be ringless:oldlol:

SouBeachTalents
03-27-2015, 03:26 AM

How have the Knicks done in the same conference?

Droid101
03-27-2015, 03:27 AM
Uh... no. Pacers had a historic 1/2 season vs. second 1/2 season meltdown. Nothing like it had ever happened in NBA history.

bran manning his voodoo dolls as usual.

imdaman99
03-27-2015, 03:46 AM
How have the Knicks done in the same conference?
I can assure you if the Knicks had Wade + Bosh along with Melo on their team, they would be doing just fine :cheers:

But that's not what you were looking for, was it?

Dragic4Life
03-27-2015, 04:00 AM
bran manning his voodoo dolls as usual.
Troll. Mods do something.

J Shuttlesworth
03-27-2015, 04:05 AM
I can assure you if the Knicks had Wade + Bosh along with Melo on their team, they would be doing just fine :cheers:

But that's not what you were looking for, was it?
What's their excuse? If the conference is so weak, the only team they should lose to would be the big 3 Heat. Unless we're considering Melo to NOT be a superstar

Bigsmoke
03-27-2015, 07:44 AM
Both teams were built differently.

I don't see it. The Hawks are like baby Spurs.

SexSymbol
03-27-2015, 08:39 AM
Hawks are still clear favorites in the east, so there's no parallels between your mentioned teams

3peated
03-27-2015, 08:42 AM
they fell apart when they traded danny granger for evan turner. it was bad karma for trading a loyal player

imdaman99
03-27-2015, 11:08 AM
What's their excuse? If the conference is so weak, the only team they should lose to would be the big 3 Heat. Unless we're considering Melo to NOT be a superstar
I'm no fan of Melo. As far as I'm concerned, he hasn't done shit for the franchise. Whoop-de-damn-do they won a playoff round. I will only be thankful for a lovable local team like the 90s Knicks or a team that wins it all. Since I don't see them doing the latter, I have no love for Melo. So you can continue insulting Melo if you want, I might join in or I might defend him because he plays for the team I root for but it's not gonna make me melt down :lol

J Shuttlesworth
03-27-2015, 11:17 AM
I'm no fan of Melo. As far as I'm concerned, he hasn't done shit for the franchise. Whoop-de-damn-do they won a playoff round. I will only be thankful for a lovable local team like the 90s Knicks or a team that wins it all. Since I don't see them doing the latter, I have no love for Melo. So you can continue insulting Melo if you want, I might join in or I might defend him because he plays for the team I root for but it's not gonna make me melt down :lol
Not even really about Melo. It's just a shame that the "mecca of basketball" has won 1 playoff series in recent years despite playing in the "weakest conference of all time" as you put it. Really shows just how big of a joke that franchise is. Cheers mate :cheers:

J Shuttlesworth
03-27-2015, 11:17 AM
Hawks are still clear favorites in the east, so there's no parallels between your mentioned teams
Not really. Maybe you think that, but it seems the vast majority of the sports world picks Cleveland to come out of the East

imdaman99
03-27-2015, 12:21 PM
Not even really about Melo. It's just a shame that the "mecca of basketball" has won 1 playoff series in recent years despite playing in the "weakest conference of all time" as you put it. Really shows just how big of a joke that franchise is. Cheers mate :cheers:
This "joke of a franchise" doesn't have people colluding to it and never drafted high or well enough to sustain anything in recent memory. But I'd rather be a fan of a team than follow some guy around and live vicariously through him. Stay sensitive and insecure and defend him like his defense team :cheers:

J Shuttlesworth
03-27-2015, 12:41 PM
This "joke of a franchise" doesn't have people colluding to it and never drafted high or well enough to sustain anything in recent memory. But I'd rather be a fan of a team than follow some guy around and live vicariously through him. Stay sensitive and insecure and defend him like his defense team :cheers:
It's the weak East though. How did the Knicks lose to any team other than the Heat in the playoffs? Absolutely pathetic

Siemens
03-27-2015, 01:44 PM
No. The Pacers straight up melted down. The Hawks just cooled off.

This. Hawks haven't completely imploded.

ImKobe
03-27-2015, 01:47 PM
Pacers were an elite defensive team with weak offensive power, Hawks are stacked on O and they are solid on D.

Hawks play well on both ends, they just cooled off a little.

But people should have seen the writing on the wall when the Lakers walked over them at their house :kobe:

sd3035
03-27-2015, 02:17 PM
Are any of the hawks posting naked pics to trannies on twitter?

Heavincent
03-27-2015, 02:46 PM
People exaggerate the Pacers "collapse". They overachieved in the first half of the season, and underachieved in the second half, so it all balanced out in the end. They still made the ECF, so they pretty much did exactly what was expected of them. They weren't some super stacked juggernaut.

Fire Colangelo
03-27-2015, 02:46 PM

Which is why it's a joke of a franchise.... Biggest market in the league and you can't get people to collude there. It's New York ffs, not like the Knicks are in Toronto or something lol. and when they do, they fail miserably.

Never drafted high? You guys had several lottery picks that amounted to nothing other than David Lee. The key here is not drafting well, which again.... Is why the Knicks are a joke of a franchise. Not to mention the traded picks :oldlol:

J Shuttlesworth
03-27-2015, 02:50 PM
Which is why it's a joke of a franchise.... Biggest market in the league and you can't get people to collude there. It's New York ffs, not like the Knicks are in Toronto or something lol. and when they do, they fail miserably.

Never drafted high? You guys had several lottery picks that amounted to nothing other than David Lee. The key here is not drafting well, which again.... Is why the Knicks are a joke of a franchise. Not to mention the traded picks :oldlol:
It's just absurd that he'll call the east a joke of a conference, and then not accept the reality that the Knicks can't compete in a "joke conference"

The only year the Knicks lost to the Heat was 2012... They lost to teams that imdaman99 considers to be a joke in 11, 13, and didn't even make the playoffs in 14 or 15 :roll:

Levity
03-27-2015, 02:52 PM
do the hawks remind me of the 2014 pacers? absolutely not.

the teams are constructed entirely different. the former with an offense filled with constant ball movement and cuts. the pacers on the other hand had no semblance of a set offense. it was dribble for 15 seconds at the top of the key by lance, and if no penetration was found, hed pass it to george for a wannabe hero shot

are you asking everyone is we see the scenario of these two teams to be similar. again, absolutely not. to me, this threads just screams insecurity, whether thats why you were going for or not

masonanddixon
03-27-2015, 05:37 PM
No, the Hawks have just been resting guys as they have a huge lead in the East. They are clearly a top-2 team as evidenced by their record against the elite squads.

J Shuttlesworth
05-23-2015, 01:07 AM
I guess the difference between the 2 teams is a sweep opposed to a 6 game series.

At least the Pacies had the excuse of facing a a mostly healthy Heat team

The Hawks and Pacies have had a similar meltdown at the same time of the year. They both had overhyped coaches too

Magic 32
05-23-2015, 01:13 AM
Lebron stans should be mad at the Hawks right now.

I'm serious.

Cocaine80s
05-23-2015, 01:15 AM

I'm serious.
You need some ice to help with that melt down?

J Shuttlesworth
05-23-2015, 01:18 AM

I'm serious.
Bro why do you post so much after a LeBron win? It's the weirdest shit. You're leading in posts in the Game Thread out of everyone besides Meticode :biggums:

Cocaine80s
05-23-2015, 01:22 AM
Bro why do you post so much after a LeBron win? It's the weirdest shit. You're leading in posts in the Game Thread out of everyone besides Meticode :biggums:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Honorable mention to Fudge too with 41
http://i.imgur.com/y0iMtSP.png