PDA

View Full Version : Klay Thompson defensive stopper highlights (destroying guards like Harden, Kobe)

k0kakw0rld
03-27-2015, 02:02 AM
Best shot blocker at the shooting guard position.

Proved he could guard the best.
Victims:
Chris Paul @ the very beginning
Russell Westbrook 1:36 min
James Harden
Kobe Bryant 2:03
Clarkson 2:09 min
Kirk Hinrich multiple times
Eric Gordon
Bradley Beal

The list goes on

Defensive stopper highlights (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-V2RGzG5Bs)

Klay locking down Harden on Defense (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6qmF3r3K7s)

I'm also working on a video myself. Showcasing his defensive and offensive prowess, stay tuned.

Harden is unstoppable they say :oldlol:

J Shuttlesworth
03-27-2015, 02:05 AM
Holy shit, that's MVP worthy play when you combine it with his offense.

And considering the OP thinks Klay > Harden, I think it's safe to say that Curry has MVP help, and HEALTHY MVP help at that.

AnaheimLakers24
03-27-2015, 02:06 AM
He'll leave warriors soon

k0kakw0rld
03-27-2015, 02:17 AM
Holy shit, that's MVP worthy play when you combine it with his offense.

And considering the OP thinks Klay > Harden, I think it's safe to say that Curry has MVP help, and HEALTHY MVP help at that.
Yes I strongly believe that Klay > Harden

Harden can't guard him but Klay can and proved it.

J Shuttlesworth
03-27-2015, 02:20 AM

so since Harden is an MVP candidate, and Klay > Harden, then Curry has the best MVP caliber help out of anyone in the league right?

Howard has been injured the majority of the year, and so has Durant.

Man, Harden the real MVP :applause:

RoseCity07
03-27-2015, 02:33 AM

He already signed a 70 million dollar extension. :facepalm .

unknowns8
03-27-2015, 02:40 AM

:cry: :cry: :cry: coz i think it'll be true

UK2K
03-27-2015, 02:41 AM

So why isn't Klay the run away favorite for MVP then?

Achilleas
03-27-2015, 04:40 AM
he is very good on ball defender ,its is very difficult to score on him,good at blocking,but not that good as off ball def,that is why many times the change players in def with curry,curry is good off ball def but not on ball def.

but his celebration is lame :D

SyRyanYang
03-27-2015, 04:45 AM
so since Harden is an MVP candidate, and Klay > Harden, then Curry has the best MVP caliber help out of anyone in the league right?

Howard has been injured the majority of the year, and so has Durant.

Man, Harden the real MVP :applause:

Last time I checked, Houston isn't winning as many games as the Warriors:coleman:
Try again

UK2K
03-27-2015, 04:57 AM
Last time I checked, Houston isn't winning as many games as the Warriors:coleman:
Try again
What does the rest of the l Warriors roster have to do with Thompson/Harden?

ImKobe
03-27-2015, 06:03 AM
locking down Kobe? :kobe:

2012/13

34/5/4, left early due to achilles, hit 2 straight clutch pull-up 3s over Klay
36/8/3
34/10/5
27/9/7 on 56% shooting in a blowout

2014/15 - the washed up Kobe

44/5/3 on 44% shooting
28/6/1 on 43% shooting with like 20 in the 3rd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7843OJIDWEU

so washed up Kobe, that struggled shooting for the majority of the year, had his better shooting nights against Klay Thompson, the lockdown defender, he's always cooked Klay h2h, granted that Klay has done a good job with making Kobe take tough shots, but he's usually finished those when defended by Thompson or he's gotten to the line quite easily in most cases.

Kobe been cooking Klay in ISOs, y'all stupid

and that "block" in 2:03 looks like a foul, he was all over Kobe in the air (stopping him from elevating) and then he swats him too, should have been called before he even attempted the block.

ImKobe
03-27-2015, 06:20 AM

:facepalm

What Klay does on defense is impressive, but he could never be the #1 guy on a contending team with the pieces that Harden's had this year. He can't run plays like a point guard and he's far from being as good of a rebounder, not to mention his finishing ability and the ability to draw fouls.

Here's how I see it:

Klay: perimeter defense, 3pt shooting, spot-up shooting, and the gap is not even that great because of Harden's improvements on defense, and he's a good shooter in his own right
Harden: everything else

And yeah, he defends Harden really well and he's had the upper hand in their h2h match-ups recently, but they don't face eachother too many times, so the overall impact Harden has on his team is far bigger, because Klay's defense in the Playoffs has not been as good when facing the Spurs or Clippers. He's brilliant in ISO's and man-to-man D, but if you throw some screens on him and force him to close in on 3pt shooters, he can struggle at times

If you look at the Clippers series last year, both Crawford and Redick went off on Klay while he struggled shooting the ball.

Honestly, I want to see Warriors face off Rockets in the Playoffs to see who's really better when they have rest and the time to plan against eachother.

Prime_Shaq
03-27-2015, 06:32 AM
Try again
He's just trolling cockworld

Smoke117
03-27-2015, 06:32 AM
locking down Kobe? :kobe:

2012/13

34/5/4, left early due to achilles, hit 2 straight clutch pull-up 3s over Klay
36/8/3
34/10/5
27/9/7 on 56% shooting in a blowout

2014/15 - the washed up Kobe

44/5/3 on 44% shooting
28/6/1 on 43% shooting with like 20 in the 3rd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7843OJIDWEU

so washed up Kobe, that struggled shooting for the majority of the year, had his better shooting nights against Klay Thompson, the lockdown defender, he's always cooked Klay h2h, granted that Klay has done a good job with making Kobe take tough shots, but he's usually finished those when defended by Thompson or he's gotten to the line quite easily in most cases.

Kobe been cooking Klay in ISOs, y'all stupid

and that "block" in 2:03 looks like a foul, he was all over Kobe in the air (stopping him from elevating) and then he swats him too, should have been called before he even attempted the block.

Settle your bitch ass down. What kind of clown does damage control when no one is even going out there way to say Klay shut down Kobe. He noted one play and you are having a tantrum. How can someone get their panties in a bunch over something so ridiculous? Kobe stans...:facepalm

Prime_Shaq
03-27-2015, 06:33 AM
:facepalm

What Klay does on defense is impressive, but he could never be the #1 guy on a contending team with the pieces that Harden's had this year. He can't run plays like a point guard and he's far from being as good of a rebounder, not to mention his finishing ability and the ability to draw fouls.

Here's how I see it:

Klay: perimeter defense, 3pt shooting, spot-up shooting, and the gap is not even that great because of Harden's improvements on defense, and he's a good shooter in his own right
Harden: everything else

And yeah, he defends Harden really well and he's had the upper hand in their h2h match-ups recently, but they don't face eachother too many times, so the overall impact Harden has on his team is far bigger, because Klay's defense in the Playoffs has not been as good when facing the Spurs or Clippers. He's brilliant in ISO's and man-to-man D, but if you throw some screens on him and force him to close in on 3pt shooters, he can struggle at times

If you look at the Clippers series last year, both Crawford and Redick went off on Klay while he struggled shooting the ball.

Honestly, I want to see Warriors face off Rockets in the Playoffs to see who's really better when they have rest and the time to plan against eachother.
Someone's sensitive.

ImKobe
03-27-2015, 06:36 AM
Settle your bitch ass down. What kind of clown does damage control when no one is even going out there way to say Klay shut down Kobe. He noted one play and you are having a tantrum. How can someone get their panties in a bunch over something so ridiculous? Laker stans...:facepalm

First off, I am not a Laker stan. I'm a Kobe stan.

Secondly, the title says (Destroying guards like Kobe), that gave me a little chuckle and since I had a minute or two to give my 2 cents on it, I did.

It took me literally 3 minutes to construct my reply, I don't see how that's called "having a tantrum". I guess you're mad that you have nothing with substance to reply with, so you resort to your typical childish retorts.

I just wanted to put it out there that Kobe cooks this lightskin nikka on the regular, ain't no thang.

But please, carry on. :sleeping

ImKobe
03-27-2015, 06:37 AM
Someone's sensitive.

I'm defending James Harden, one of the most hated players in my book. I love to throw dirt on him any chance I get, but I'm trying to be objective here.

Smoke117
03-27-2015, 06:40 AM
First off, I am not a Laker stan. I'm a Kobe stan.

Secondly, the title says (Destroying guards like Kobe), that gave me a little chuckle and since I had a minute or two to give my 2 cents on it, I did.

It took me literally 3 minutes to construct my reply, I don't see how that's called "having a tantrum". I guess you're mad that you have nothing with substance to reply with, so you resort to your typical childish retorts.

I just wanted to put it out there that Kobe cooks this lightskin nikka on the regular, ain't no thang.

But please, carry on. :sleeping

No shit, it was a typo. It was corrected. And yes...you are having a temper tantrum. Who cares what was in the title? You see anyone discussing Kobe in here before you brought him up?

wally_world
03-27-2015, 06:44 AM
why is this recorded using a potato?

ImKobe
03-27-2015, 06:51 AM
No shit, it was a typo. It was corrected. And yes...you are having a temper tantrum. Who cares what was in the title? You see anyone discussing Kobe in here before you brought him up?

thread title has Kobe in it, OP's post has a reference to Klay "destroying" Kobe.

I responded to the thread, asshole.