PDA

View Full Version : Bird:"I hope Westbrook wins 10 MVP's in a row"

BlakFrankWhite
03-27-2015, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE]

ESPN.com: Russell Westbrook has been averaging nearly 30 points, 10 assists and 10 rebounds per game for over a month now. You

3peated
03-27-2015, 11:16 AM
goatbrook to indiana?

ABfor3
03-27-2015, 11:20 AM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/balla94/Mobile%20Uploads/D4DC5B1B-CE26-435E-8209-A3AE125C6948_zpsct7pegi2.gif

BlakFrankWhite
03-27-2015, 11:30 AM
Iverson:"Westbrook reminds me of myself,I'm his biggest fan"

Kobe:"Westbrook has mamba blood"

Bird:"I hope Westbrook wins 10 MVP's in a row"

Btw I was watching Thunder vs Spurs...and Westbrook got thunderous boos....the kind of which are reserved for Kobe/LeBron....and I thought wow GOATbrook's made it.

nba_55
03-27-2015, 11:35 AM
Iverson:"Westbrook reminds me of myself,I'm his biggest fan"

Kobe:"Westbrook has mamba blood"

Bird:"I hope Westbrook wins 10 MVP's in a row"

Btw I was watching Thunder vs Spurs...and Westbrook got thunderous boos....the kind of which are reserved for Kobe/LeBron....and I thought wow GOATbrook's made it.
Best player in okc

Ca$H
03-27-2015, 11:41 AM
The guy is a relentless hyena on cocaine.

imdaman99
03-27-2015, 11:42 AM
Old time greats can recognize his competitive desire. No one wants to win as badly as he does. The offensive rebounds he grabs. Remember him grabbing one on DeAndre Jordan in the playoffs last year, and really who else can do that much less a GUARD? Can he go into Westbrick mode? Yes, but he can also wreck playoff series. Don't remember the last playoff series he got outplayed, and he plays in the Western Conference where every good team has a good PG. Maybe 2011 WCF was the last time.

christian1923
03-27-2015, 11:44 AM
All the super alphas love Russ :applause:

BlakFrankWhite
03-27-2015, 12:02 PM
Old time greats can recognize his competitive desire. No one wants to win as badly as he does. The offensive rebounds he grabs. Remember him grabbing one on DeAndre Jordan in the playoffs last year, and really who else can do that much less a GUARD? Can he go into Westbrick mode? Yes, but he can also wreck playoff series. Don't remember the last playoff series he got outplayed, and he plays in the Western Conference where every good team has a good PG. Maybe 2011 WCF was the last time.

GOATbrook fam

:cheers:

BlakFrankWhite
03-27-2015, 12:03 PM

#1 in scoring
#4 in assists
#1 in steals

BlakFrankWhite
03-27-2015, 12:04 PM
If only GOATbrook played for an elite defensive team like Grizzlies.

Damn...they'd rule the NBA for years

24-Inch_Chrome
03-27-2015, 12:09 PM

:applause:

Future repped, well said.

AlphaWolf24
03-27-2015, 12:11 PM
Alpha's recognize Alpha's.

StephHamann
03-27-2015, 12:22 PM

yup

scandisk_
03-27-2015, 12:43 PM

so betas recognize betas? :lol

riseagainst
03-27-2015, 12:44 PM
best SF in NBA history giving the best PG in the league props.

j3lademaster
03-27-2015, 12:49 PM
He's a Honey Badger (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg).

Budadiiii
03-27-2015, 01:21 PM
Why is everyone late to the Westbrook party?

****ing ESPN bandwagon homos. Where were you guys 2 years ago?

Siemens
03-27-2015, 01:45 PM

Great post :applause:

keep-itreal
03-27-2015, 01:49 PM
http://newsok.com/nba-legend-isiah-thomas-with-some-high-praise-for-russell-westbrook-hes-the-mike-tyson-of-point-guards/article/5386508

Crown&Coke
03-27-2015, 02:09 PM
ESPN.com: What was the best McHale trash talk you heard?

Bird: Kevin McHale, one time, did one of the dirtiest things anybody can do to an opposing player. He told his buddy, a college friend, a teammate (at one point) at the end of the game in Golden State we were up pretty big -- and we were just getting ready to go out of the game -- and Kevin told him when he came in, he said, "When you get the ball in the low post, you just turn and shoot it over me, and I'll just act like I'm defending you." Sure enough, they threw it in there, he turned and Kevin batted the shot about six rows up into the stands. And I mean I felt so bad for the guy, and the guy was pissed. And I went over to (Celtics coach) K.C. Jones and I said, "Get me out of here. This kid's out of control, this kid's out of control." It was the worst thing I'd ever seen on the basketball court, but that's why I remember it to this day. You don't do that to your friend (laughs).

:oldlol:

riseagainst
03-27-2015, 02:48 PM
^

:roll:

k0kakw0rld
03-27-2015, 03:03 PM
Great player yes, MVP hell no

If Harden wins MVP i'm no longer watching NBA basketball straight.

k0kakw0rld
03-27-2015, 03:05 PM

TP9 says hi as well as CP3 oh ans Super Mario Chalmers ;)

k0kakw0rld
03-27-2015, 03:06 PM
2nd best SF in NBA history giving the 3rd best PG in the league props.

Fixed.

24-Inch_Chrome
03-27-2015, 03:06 PM
Great player yes, MVP hell no

If Harden wins MVP i'm no longer watching NBA basketball straight.

So you're immediately discounting the league's best PG and SG from MVP consideration?

Nuff Said
03-27-2015, 03:08 PM
Why is everyone late to the Westbrook party?

****ing ESPN bandwagon homos. Where were you guys 2 years ago?
Or even in the finals where he was relentless

Bernkastel
03-27-2015, 03:12 PM
Keep hoping, Bird.

k0kakw0rld
03-27-2015, 03:14 PM
So you're immediately discounting the league's best PG and SG from MVP consideration?
Best PG? :lol :roll: Can't be the best SG when you never performed on the biggest stage (Kevin Love reference :cheers: )

Bunch of hypocrites here on ISH.

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/175559visaodemercadoblogspot.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=175559visaodemercadoblogspot.gif)

24-Inch_Chrome
03-27-2015, 03:17 PM
Best PG? :lol :roll: Can't be the best SG when you never performed on the biggest stage (Kevin Love reference :cheers: )

Bunch of hypocrites here on ISH.

Westbrook absolutely has a case for best PG. Curry may have a better shot at the MVP but that doesn't mean he's better. Who is better than Harden at the 2? If you say Thompson you're an idiot

BlakFrankWhite
03-27-2015, 03:19 PM
Why do people take this Canadian idiot seriously?

He has like 5 favorite teams ffs

k0kakw0rld
03-27-2015, 03:22 PM
Westbrook absolutely has a case for best PG. Curry may have a better shot at the MVP but that doesn't mean he's better. Who is better than Harden at the 2? If you say Thompson you're an idiot
He is better than Westbrook no doubt in my mind. When I watch Westbrook play (yes he is exciting to watch and his energy is contagious but he's really not that smart of a player if you think about it).

Curry does less but gets the W's. I trust Curry running my offense more than Westbrook. Even tho I don't like Chris Paul he's a better floor general than Westbrook. And that is what a PG is there for.

a real PG can play with other superstars without it becoming an issue for his team. Can't say the same thing for Westbrook. Can you? :confusedshrug:

The Klay Thompson vs James Harden comparison is tough for me. My definition of a true SG is maybe different than yours. Two different type of Shooting guards.

Klay Thompson does not need the ball in his hands all the time to be successful. Harden can't play off the ball. Klay can and is very good at it (using screens, spot up shooter, catch and shoot) Even tho he is not yet elite at driving to the basket and creating contact like Harden does, he can still create his own shot. He's very clutch as well.

He's more efficient than Harden and a fat better defender. When the game is on the line I trust him guarding the other team best perimeter players. (Except maybe guarding LeBron or Durant)

24-Inch_Chrome
03-27-2015, 03:25 PM
He is better than Westbrook no doubt in my mind. When I watch Westbrook play (yes he is exciting to watch and his energy is contagious but he's really not that smart of a player if you think about it).

Curry does less but gets the W's. I trust Curry running my offense more than Westbrook. Even tho I don't like Chris Paul he's a better floor general than Westbrook. And that is what a PG is there for.

a real PG can play with other superstars without it becoming an issue for his team. Can't say the same thing for Westbrook. Can you? :confusedshrug:

Curry can do less and get a W because he has an actual team behind him. Westbrook has had to carry OKC all season, and he's performed more than admirably all things considered. Take Westbrook off of the current Thunder and they're a lottery team.

BlakFrankWhite
03-27-2015, 03:26 PM

:facepalm

Bird has more knowledge about the game in his pinky then you do in your enitre worthless being...and if he says Westbrook deserves MVP...then I'd believe him rather then an idiotic bandwagoner like you

k0kakw0rld
03-27-2015, 03:32 PM
Curry can do less and get a W because he has an actual team behind him. Westbrook has had to carry OKC all season, and he's performed more than admirably all things considered. Take Westbrook off of the current Thunder and they're a lottery team.

Alright let's compare the teams (Starting 5)

Curry
Klay
Barnes
Green
Bogut

vs

Westbrook
Morrow/Waiters
Robertson
Adams/Kanter
Kanter/Adams

Ibaka will be back for the playoffs. Lottery team? you say.

Blame your FO, coach ad floor general for not being able to deliver wins. (Or for only performing vs average teams). Spurs brought them back to earth.

Budadiiii
03-27-2015, 03:33 PM

Bird has more knowledge about the game in his pinky then you do in your enitre worthless being...and if he says Westbrook deserves MVP...then I'd believe him rather then an idiotic bandwagoner like you
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/dX9JE5XGRZE/hqdefault.jpg

k0kakw0rld
03-27-2015, 03:33 PM

Were you rooting for the Super sonics Seattle your entire life? :confusedshrug:

k0kakw0rld
03-27-2015, 03:35 PM

Nikka he got injured twice **** you mean, carried them all season.

24-Inch_Chrome
03-27-2015, 03:36 PM
Alright let's compare the teams (Starting 5)

Curry
Klay
Barnes
Green
Bogut

vs

Westbrook
Morrow/Waiters
Robertson
Adams/Kanter
Kanter/Adams

Ibaka will be back for the playoffs. Lottery team? you say.

Blame your FO, coach ad floor general for not being able to deliver wins. (Or for only performing vs average teams). Spurs brought them back to earth.

Lottery team. What was OKC's record while Westbrook and Durant were out earlier this year?

AnaheimLakers24
03-27-2015, 03:38 PM
All the super alphas love Russ :applause:
:applause: bitch boy bran must be so infuriated right now. Small dick loser

24-Inch_Chrome
03-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Nikka he got injured twice **** you mean, carried them all season.

Injured twice? He missed significant time with a broken hand but missed one game with a broken face, that's one injury that actually impacted his ability to play. He's played in 12 fewer games than Curry, that's more than enough to have an impact and carry a team.

k0kakw0rld
03-27-2015, 03:43 PM
Lottery team. What was OKC's record while Westbrook and Durant were out earlier this year?
There you go, you mentioned two players :facepalm

24-Inch_Chrome
03-27-2015, 03:48 PM
There you go, you mentioned two players :facepalm

Westbrook's playoff career high 40 points
Curry's 44 points vs Spurs :D

Of course I'm going to mention two players. We're talking about Westbrook's impact this season, which has included a missing Durant for the vast majority of the season. Answer the question, what was OKC's record without them?

A 4 point difference in their personal high scores in the playoffs? Wow, that just answers everything, definitely pertains to a discussion about their respective impacts this regular season. :rolleyes:

Budadiiii
03-27-2015, 04:28 PM
Of course I'm going to mention two players. We're talking about Westbrook's impact this season, which has included a missing Durant for the vast majority of the season. Answer the question, what was OKC's record without them?

A 4 point difference in their personal high scores in the playoffs? Wow, that just answers everything, definitely pertains to a discussion about their respective impacts this regular season. :rolleyes:
Westbrook scored 43 points in the NBA finals on 63% shooting against one of the best perimter D's ever.

That idiot doesn't even have his facts straight.

k0kakw0rld
03-27-2015, 04:32 PM
Westbrook scored 43 points in the NBA finals on 63% shooting against one of the best perimter D's ever.

That idiot doesn't even have his facts straight.
Curry scored 44 vs SPURS

Budadiiii
03-27-2015, 04:34 PM
Curry scored 44 vs SPURS
Westbrook scored 43 in the finals against the 2012 Heat, the same perimeter D that held superstar James Harden to 12ppg.

k0kakw0rld
03-27-2015, 04:49 PM
Westbrook scored 43 in the finals against the 2012 Heat, the same perimeter D that held superstar James Harden to 12ppg.
Harden is massively overrated

k0kakw0rld
03-27-2015, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=Budadiiii]Westbrook scored 43 points in the NBA finals on 63% shooting against one of the best perimter D's ever.
where the numbers at? :confusedshrug:

k0kakw0rld
03-27-2015, 04:52 PM
where the numbers at? :confusedshrug:

knicksman
03-27-2015, 07:06 PM

LOL. Did you watch last season? OKC were the no. 1 in the league, and I thought they were gonna win the chip once westbrook comes back. But he made them worse and shouldve been ousted in the first round. Westbrook is just another AI clone. Great stats but will never win anything.

24-Inch_Chrome
03-27-2015, 07:24 PM
LOL. Did you watch last season? OKC were the no. 1 in the league, and I thought they were gonna win the chip once westbrook comes back. But he made them worse and shouldve been ousted in the first round. Westbrook is just another AI clone. Great stats but will never win anything.

What is so hard to understand about my focus being this season. I don't care about last season, it is immaterial to this thread.

knicksman
03-27-2015, 10:10 PM
What is so hard to understand about my focus being this season. I don't care about last season, it is immaterial to this thread.

last season westbrook and this season is just the same. And they have the best team w/o him yet what has he done?. This teammate excuse is just the same with AI. He was replaced by billups and they became much better while detroit worse. Maybe its really the style of play.

Cold soul
03-27-2015, 10:24 PM

Agreed. Westbrook is one of my favorite players he brings it every game and plays every game like its his last.

imdaman99
03-27-2015, 10:29 PM
last season westbrook and this season is just the same. And they have the best team w/o him yet what has he done?. This teammate excuse is just the same with AI. He was replaced by billups and they became much better while detroit worse. Maybe its really the style of play.
Tell me what's more important to you, regular season wins or playoff wins? Can you explain to me the difference from the 2013 playoff series against Memphis and the 2014 playoff series against them? Durant is the better player but he is not carrying the rest of the team without Westbrook to the championship, no one is. I will wait for your response.

Pointguard
03-27-2015, 10:58 PM
OKC's schedule is really tough these last ten games. They only got two easy teams. But they do have a three game lead. I hope OKC gets in if only it means Westbrook will get more consideration for next year, if he's close with say AD then. He'll get some votes this year but being that two winning teams have standout players, I don't think he can pull it off this year squeaking into the playoffs.

MJistheGOAT
03-27-2015, 11:08 PM
I would kick out of playoffs that pretenders called Dallas Mavericks to see GOATbrook and AD in playoffs.

knicksman
03-27-2015, 11:35 PM
Tell me what's more important to you, regular season wins or playoff wins? Can you explain to me the difference from the 2013 playoff series against Memphis and the 2014 playoff series against them? Durant is the better player but he is not carrying the rest of the team without Westbrook to the championship, no one is. I will wait for your response.

Again. It takes a while for a player like durant who doesnt run the offense to adjust. Hes been dependent on westbrook throuhout his career. Its the same reason why they struggled at the start of the season. But once they finally figured it out they are beating top teams after top teams on a back 2 back thus the no. 1 seed. And I care about rings and theyre not winning anything as long as the cancer is so insecure trying to be the man on the team.

Dro
03-27-2015, 11:39 PM
If anybody read the entire article, its a pretty good read...

BlakFrankWhite
03-27-2015, 11:51 PM
OKC's schedule is really tough these last ten games. They only got two easy teams. But they do have a three game lead. I hope OKC gets in if only it means Westbrook will get more consideration for next year, if he's close with say AD then. He'll get some votes this year but being that two winning teams have standout players, I don't think he can pull it off this year squeaking into the playoffs.

If we beat phoenix on sunday....we'll be on our way to the playoffs

Hey Yo
03-28-2015, 01:01 AM
KD getting it looked at before the DECISION

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBJI3LrU8AAv3Ll.jpg

FaceBack
03-28-2015, 02:15 AM
an All-Star reserve jacking up the most shots in the All-Star game. Tells you all you need to know. He plays selfish at all times, just like Kevin Love. Must have been a nightmare coaching them together at UCLA. Larry Bird is blinded by the stats. Put Westbrook in Kobe's situation post-Shaq, he'd have been blocking his own teammates' shots.