PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant out 4-6 months with foot surgery.

bdreason
03-27-2015, 02:56 PM
Link: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=17515

:( :( :(

IncarceratedBob
03-27-2015, 02:58 PM
no excuses

Lebron23
03-27-2015, 03:01 PM
I hope he doesn't end up as the next Tracy Mcgrady, or Grant Hill. It sucks to be an OKC Thunder/Durant fan right now. I think Fudge needs to root for another NBA Player.

TylerOO
03-27-2015, 03:01 PM
no excuses

:oldlol:

Budadiiii
03-27-2015, 03:04 PM
Yeah, no shock here. Once it came out that his screw was giving him problems I knew he was ****ed this season.

Terrible luck for the best player in the world. Even worse luck for the best fans on the planet.

LOUD CITY WON'T STOP.

Bernkastel
03-27-2015, 03:07 PM
A career that's going to be derailed by injuries.

Eric Cartman
03-27-2015, 03:08 PM
I hope he doesn't end up as the next Tracy Mcgrady, or Grant Hill. It sucks to be an OKC Thunder/Durant fan right now. I think Fudge needs to root for another NBA Player.

Seattle karma.

S13M
03-27-2015, 03:09 PM
That's it. RIP

BlakFrankWhite
03-27-2015, 03:10 PM
Didn't think he would be back....but the fact his recovery has 'regressed' is worrying.

Why did they even play him this season? Smh

ISHGoat
03-27-2015, 03:10 PM
Rip in peace

Budadiiii
03-27-2015, 03:11 PM
Seattle karma.
So that's how karma works?

A city doesn't care about a team and gets re-located. 7 years later a guy gets a foot injury and misses the season.

:bowdown:

T_L_P
03-27-2015, 03:14 PM
Smart thing to do.

Unfortunately, the early prognosis of 4-6 months doesn't sound too good for next season either. He could be Brook Lopez 2.0. :(

Tycriss
03-27-2015, 03:15 PM
https://fakehustle.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/greg-oden.jpg

Lebron23
03-27-2015, 03:16 PM
Didn't think he would be back....but the fact his recovery has 'regressed' is worrying.

Why did they even play him this season? Smh

He needs to wear a customize orthotics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QKSK_d21_Q

BlazerRed
03-27-2015, 03:18 PM
KD doe :(

Fudge
03-27-2015, 03:18 PM
https://findingmontauk.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/best-cry-ever.gif

PleezeBelieve
03-27-2015, 03:26 PM
Anyone should be shocked if he ever regains his previois form. Good thing he's a great shooter

Fudge
03-27-2015, 03:27 PM
Anyone should be shocked if he ever regains his previois form. Good thing he's a great shooter
Yep.

And look on the bright side, PB.

The Dion Waiters era has begun. :banana:

AnaheimLakers24
03-27-2015, 03:29 PM
Bust just like oden

I Love the Game
Durant has definitely been my favorite player in the league during the past few years of Kobe injuries. Really hope they get that foot fixed correctly so we can see a few more years of prime Durant. These major injuries to superstars the past few years kills me.

~primetime~
RIP Thunder

Budadiiii
The Dion Waiters era has begun. :banana:

Kingwillball
03-27-2015, 03:33 PM

:roll:

Young X
03-27-2015, 03:34 PM
Damn, hope he recovers well and comes back strong. Sucks because I really wanted to see a competitive OKC/GSW matchup. Oh well.

dazzer87
03-27-2015, 03:38 PM
Hopfully FT35 smarter this time and have the surgery outside of Hickville........What a retard to get the surgery in that shitty city........

aj1987
03-27-2015, 03:40 PM
He needs to wear a customize orthotics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QKSK_d21_Q
Why the heck are they recording a dude wearing shoes? :facepalm

Beastmode88
03-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Damn what's with all the injuries lately. Can we have a year with 0 injuries...

KG215
03-27-2015, 03:41 PM
Smart thing to do.

Unfortunately, the early prognosis of 4-6 months doesn't sound too good for next season either. He could be Brook Lopez 2.0. :(
He probably should've sat out 4-6 months from the beginning based on what the doctor who did an interview said last week on SportsCenter. If he returns to basketball activities within that time frame then he'd be back sometime in August, September, or October. If there's not other setbacks from that point forward, he should be ready to go for the season opener. But, yeah, really he does just need those 4-6 months to give his foot time to heal and actually keep stress and pressure off of it for awhile, because from what I've heard/read, the best, and only way really, to let it heal is to stay off of it as much as possible for awhile.

WallIn
03-27-2015, 03:42 PM
Next destination - D.C.

sdot_thadon
03-27-2015, 03:47 PM
Well, damn. Hope he recovers from this, hate to see great young players go down.

k0kakw0rld
03-27-2015, 04:05 PM
Yeah, no shock here. Once it came out that his screw was giving him problems I knew he was ****ed this season.

Terrible luck for the best player in the world. Even worse luck for the best fans on the planet.

LOUD CITY WON'T STOP.

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/911507Stopit.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=911507Stopit.gif)

Eric Cartman
03-27-2015, 04:38 PM
So that's how karma works?

A city doesn't care about a team and gets re-located. 7 years later a guy gets a foot injury and misses the season.

:bowdown:

Westbrook 3 knee surgeries.

Ibaka injury last playoffs.

Durant going the Yao Ming route.

Trading away the MVP for scraps.

Darius
03-27-2015, 04:40 PM
Damn. I was looking fwd to seeing OKC in the playoffs.

Tough times for the "ain't got no worries" OKC fan base.

Budadiiii
03-27-2015, 04:41 PM
Damn. I was looking fwd to seeing OKC in the playoffs.

Tough times for the "ain't got no worries" OKC fan base.
They'll still be in the playoffs.

nba_55
03-27-2015, 04:42 PM
He had a good regular season last year, that will probably be the highlight of his career. Sad

All Net
03-27-2015, 04:46 PM
Sucks

GS win in 4 or 5 now I reckon.

aj1987
03-27-2015, 04:50 PM
Sucks

GS win in 4 or 5 now I reckon.
If Ibaka is back by then and healthy, they might go to 6 games. Unless Westbrook decides to turn into Westbrick.

Keno
03-27-2015, 04:53 PM
welp, that sucks big time. now that i think of it, lebron's durability is on another level. legoat.

ArbitraryWater
03-27-2015, 04:58 PM
Game. Set. Match.

No, this is bad... I wanted them to be at full strength when they play the Warriors :(

KD/Russ/Ibaka v.s. GSW would have made it an epic 1st round... ****.

If Ibaka is back by then and healthy, they might go to 6 games. Unless Westbrook decides to turn into Westbrick.

Huh? Even with Ibaka, AND Westbrook beasting, they'll be LUCKY to win 2... thats impossible, actually.

Fudge
03-27-2015, 05:22 PM
Westbrook 3 knee surgeries.

Ibaka injury last playoffs.

Durant going the Yao Ming route.

Trading away the MVP for scraps.
Hall of Fame.

All-time great MVP season.

Top 30 player of all-time already.

Much more to come.

You mad?

Hopper15
03-27-2015, 05:24 PM

Even if he returns in the first round Ibaka will probably be on a minutes restriction. OKC is dog meat in the first round.

Euroleague
03-27-2015, 05:28 PM
Has there ever been a 6-10 and up player that had foot problems and ever fully recovered from it?

All the players that come to mind, it either totally ended their careers outright, or they were like shells of what they were before.

r0drig0lac
03-27-2015, 05:28 PM
Al Horford scared now.
I hope he comes back well.

Done_And_Done
03-27-2015, 05:29 PM
Damn shame.
Hopefully this time he comes back for good.

Meticode
03-27-2015, 05:29 PM
Damn this sucks. Just when OKC gets a low-post scorer in Kanter and Westbrook is coming into his own hey lose Ibaka for a short period now Durant the rest.

inclinerator
03-27-2015, 05:38 PM
that sonic curse

YouGotServed
03-27-2015, 05:45 PM
The Lil B curse is real.

Graviton
03-27-2015, 05:48 PM
Where the **** do they get these surgeries? Why are American doctors so disappointing? With Westbrook they had a "loose stitch", with Durant they used a screw that was grinding against his bone and now we have even more complications? These guys are supposed to get the best treatment in the world but I never hear or see good results from these doctors, unless it's the Phoenix Suns medical staff.

NBA stars should just get shit done in Germany, **** the mediocre Americans. :mad:

ArbitraryWater
03-27-2015, 05:49 PM
BTW, this shit never happens in Germany, tbh...

Example M

AirBourne92
03-27-2015, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE=ArbitraryWater]BTW, this shit never happens in Germany, tbh...

Example M

Graviton
03-27-2015, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=ArbitraryWater]BTW, this shit never happens in Germany, tbh...

Example M

ArbitraryWater
03-27-2015, 05:54 PM
Just googled him, ESPN made a few articles on the guy.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7324261/germany-dr-hans-wilhelm-muller-wohlfahrta-great-healer-quack-hyperactive-syringe

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7324262/high-profile-patients-put-utmost-trust-dr-hans-wilhelm-muller-wohlfahrt-unorthodox-treatments

Euroleague
03-27-2015, 05:55 PM
Where the **** do they get these surgeries? Why are American doctors so disappointing? With Westbrook they had a "loose stitch", with Durant they used a screw that was grinding against his bone and now we have even more complications? These guys are supposed to get the best treatment in the world but I never hear or see good results from these doctors, unless it's the Phoenix Suns medical staff.

NBA stars should just get shit done in Germany, **** the mediocre Americans. :mad:

You do realize that USA medicine is about 30-40 years behind Western Europe don't you?

Or do you actually believe the bullshit that US politicians that are bought, paid and owned by lobbyists for the medical industrial complex claim?

"Best medical care in the world" is a line of bullshit straight from medical industrial complex's lobbyists and their whore politicians.

The actual science in USA in medical field is 30-40 years behind western Europe. Never mind that in Western Europe the care is much cheaper and provided to all citizens.

USA medical system is an absolute joke of epic proportions. It's actually referred to as barbaric basically compared to any modern industrialized nation, because it is so far behind in modern times and so outdated and because the doctors in US are generally the worst in the industrialized world.

Even Canada and Mexico are far ahead of USA in the medical field.

hiphopfan777
03-27-2015, 06:03 PM
What a joke. Lebron james has had a knee and back injury all season and I do not see him quitting on his team like durant. Lebron never had a luxury of having a teammate average a triple double for a season like westbrook

RedBlackAttack
03-27-2015, 06:10 PM
Cot damn.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1945573/MORENO-TEARS.gif

bluechox2
03-27-2015, 06:11 PM
What a joke. Lebron james has had a knee and back injury all season and I do not see him quitting on his team like durant. Lebron never had a luxury of having a teammate average a triple double for a season like westbrook
if only lebron actually did get surgery and had to be out for a few months, then he would have a teammate average a triple double which kyrie will very much do.

Graviton
03-27-2015, 06:12 PM
You do realize that USA medicine is about 30-40 years behind Western Europe don't you?

Or do you actually believe the bullshit that US politicians that are bought, paid and owned by lobbyists for the medical industrial complex claim?

"Best medical care in the world" is a line of bullshit straight from medical industrial complex's lobbyists and their whore politicians.

The actual science in USA in medical field is 30-40 years behind western Europe. Never mind that in Western Europe the care is much cheaper and provided to all citizens.

USA medical system is an absolute joke of epic proportions. It's actually referred to as barbaric basically compared to any modern industrialized nation, because it is so far behind in modern times and so outdated and because the doctors in US are generally the worst in the industrialized world.

Even Canada and Mexico are far ahead of USA in the medical field.
Nah I always knew US had shitty doctors, from personal experience both here and overseas. Becoming a doctor is much easier here than in most developed countries. But I expected NBA teams owned by billionaires to actually hire the BEST doctors in the world and not employ these ****ing retards that ruin careers.

ESPN says "the screw they put in Durant actually did some major damage, they thought the fracture was healed but it wasn't so now they have to do a bone graft surgery to fix it". These ****ing idiots made it worse, with Westbrook they left a loose stitch but now with Durant they went even further. **** the OKC organization, they probably hired the cheapest doctors possible just like they do with everything else. :facepalm

D-Rose
03-27-2015, 06:18 PM
Nah I always knew US had shitty doctors, from personal experience both here and overseas. Becoming a doctor is much easier here than in most developed countries. But I expected NBA teams owned by billionaires to actually hire the BEST doctors in the world and not employ these ****ing retards that ruin careers.

ESPN says "the screw they put in Durant actually did some major damage, they thought the fracture was healed but it wasn't so now they have to do a bone graft surgery to fix it". These ****ing idiots made it worse, with Westbrook they left a loose stitch but now with Durant they went even further. **** the OKC organization, they probably hired the cheapest doctors possible just like they do with everything else. :facepalm
Please explain to me how it is easier to become a doctor here than other places? :roll:

You have literally no insight or expertise in this field and are just blabbering out your ass. Setbacks happen all the time and surgery is not a perfect quick fix. You should be questioning your team's front office and athletic trainers for bringing Durant back so quickly.

nosfan773
03-27-2015, 06:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBIoGP3UcAA_fD7.jpg

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/screen-shot-2015-03-21-at-1-48-18-pm.jpg

Graviton
03-27-2015, 06:25 PM
Please explain to me how it is easier to become a doctor here than other places? :roll:

You have literally no insight or expertise in this field and are just blabbering out your ass. Setbacks happen all the time and surgery is not a perfect quick fix. You should be questioning your team's front office and athletic trainers for bringing Durant back so quickly.
Except this wasn't a "setback", this was a clear ****up on the doctor's part. They put in the screw on a foot that wasn't fully healed and made it worse, this had nothing to do with athletic trainers. They had a smaller ****up with Westbrook's surgery, but this is on another level.

There is clearly a lack of competent doctors in the OKC organization. How can this happen to an NBA team that is supposed to have the best possible treatment?

Trollsmasher
03-27-2015, 06:25 PM
KD had no longterm chance with not just one, but two curses casted upon him

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-27-2015, 06:44 PM
Thunder would be wise to trade him in the off-season. And I don't mean a James Harden type salary dump.

Euroleague
03-27-2015, 06:53 PM

The surgeries they did on Yao were constantly "fixing" the mistakes of previous surgeries. Doctors in China examined him for their national team and they were shocked and they said it was the faulty surgeries (3-4) of them that destroyed his foot.

Every time he had a surgery they did something wrong, so then they had to fix it again with another surgery. The doctors in China said he never even needed surgery at all even one time to begin with from the first injury he had in Houston - just rest.

And actually, he had 3 surgeries on his feet in China when he was a teenager, and had since played for many years without having a single problem, and not even missing games, and could play year round.

One little problem with a foot in Houston, that did not even need surgery, but just some rest, and the doctors destroyed his foot. They kept screwing it up, and eventually moved on to destroy his ankle as well, by removing part of it.

That's what the Chinese doctors said. They were stunned by what the American doctors did to him and said he was butchered and that it would never even be allowed in developed Europe or Asian country's medicine.

Of course the Rockets and their doctors denied it all and said it was not true. But you know they are full of it. Because Yao would get these surgeries. Do the rehab. Supposedly have a full recovery. Get back 100%. Get on the court, and within a very short time would again have the same injury, and then they would say it was because a screw was loose, or the bone was growing into a plate, or blah blah blah.

Same bullshit you are saying. Until the guy could barely walk, let alone play.

Euroleague
03-27-2015, 07:01 PM

Most of the doctors in USA are not licensed to practice medicine. Actually, most are even kicked out and banned from other countries, after having killed patients due to incompetence.

You don't even have to be able to properly speak English to practice medicine in the USA, a country where English is the only official language, and all medical care is to be handled and operated under English language.

The worst doctors, ones that get banned, from the smallest tiniest countries in the world, are many of the ones that are in USA working as doctors.

Also the percentage of deaths caused by doctor error in USA is highest of all countries and the percentage of doctors that are drug addicts and alcoholics is incredibly high.

Finally, the standards even for the highest of surgeons and the highest of schools is very low. The average IQ of a brain surgeon in USA is only 109 and that is verified through actual testing. Average IQ of regular full doctor/surgeon is only 96, again verified through actual testing.

aj1987
03-27-2015, 07:03 PM
Most of the doctors in USA are not licensed to practice medicine. Actually, most are even kicked out and banned from other countries, after having killed patients due to incompetence.

You don't even have to be able to speak English to practice medicine in the USA, a country where English is the only official language, and all medical care is to be handled and operated under English language.

The worst doctors, ones that get banned, from the smallest tiniest countries in the world, are the ones that are in USA working as doctors.
:wtf: :biggums:

:facepalm

dazzer87
03-27-2015, 07:04 PM
FT35 next time should use a real doctor...Not some farmer that is part time doctor in that hick town......:roll:

bballnoob1192
03-27-2015, 07:07 PM
foot injuries at this age. RIP KD35 career. this dude won't be the same after this injury.

salwan
03-27-2015, 07:16 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

#freeKD and #freeWestbrook from the thunder organisation :facepalm

Prime_Shaq
03-27-2015, 07:25 PM
:facepalm Why would you stop rooting for a player just because he got injured?

Nash
03-27-2015, 07:42 PM
how are the doctors in greece?

RoseCity07
03-27-2015, 07:47 PM
I heard Oden is looking great trying to make a serious comeback. I wonder if that could really happen. KD's career is in jeopardy now. It takes so long to get back to 100% too. Even when he comes back he has to work twice as hard to get back to MVP form.

D-Rose
03-27-2015, 07:56 PM

You don't even have to be able to properly speak English to practice medicine in the USA, a country where English is the only official language, and all medical care is to be handled and operated under English language.

The worst doctors, ones that get banned, from the smallest tiniest countries in the world, are many of the ones that are in USA working as doctors.

Also the percentage of deaths caused by doctor error in USA is highest of all countries and the percentage of doctors that are drug addicts and alcoholics is incredibly high.

Finally, the standards even for the highest of surgeons and the highest of schools is very low. The average IQ of a brain surgeon in USA is only 109 and that is verified through actual testing. Average IQ of regular full doctor/surgeon is only 96, again verified through actual testing.
This is all 100% certified bullshit :roll: :roll: :roll:

Even the most delusional person wouldn't believe any of that, nice troll attempt.

KDthunderup
03-27-2015, 08:03 PM
Only positive is that everyone thought Westbrook wouldn't come back the player he was after all of his knee complications but he came back stronger then ever. I know foots are more troublesome but let's hope this is the last surgery he will need and he comes back strong and confident.

But I still can't believe how ****ing shit these surgeons are that are operating on Thunder players, first Westbrook and now Durant.

JohnFreeman
03-27-2015, 08:07 PM
deuces