PDA

View Full Version : Is Sam Presti the devil?

beastee
03-27-2015, 09:35 PM
Great drafter, keeps the team competitive....but

Trades Green for Perkins. (Presti overpays on a 4/38 deal that forces them to overplay the mediocre big).
Chooses Ibaka over Harden. (Too weak to fight for luxury tax).
Trades Harden for crap. (Harden becomes a top 5 NBA player).
Won't fire a mediocre coach (sorry Brooks is not good).
Mishandles KD's foot injury by allowing him to return early, possibly ending his Thunder career. (why would he stay at this point?)

All this leads me to think Presti is evil and wants fans of a nomadic franchise to suffer at an almost sick level over what should have been a 5-7 year dynasty.

Is Sam Presti a sick person who loves to watch fans suffer?

http://static.basket-infos.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Sam-Presti.jpg

inclinerator
03-27-2015, 09:36 PM
wat about reggie the god jackson

ScarSymmetry
03-27-2015, 09:55 PM
Pretty sure the medical staff decides when KD come back bro.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-27-2015, 10:07 PM
He and LeBron practice in voodoo. I'm convinced.

SouBeachTalents
03-27-2015, 10:07 PM
He and LeBron practice in voodoo. I'm convinced.

http://www.theheckler.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Lebron-Devil.jpg

dubeta
03-27-2015, 10:08 PM
Amazing scouting repertoire but poor management skills.

chocolatethunder
03-27-2015, 10:26 PM
Posts like this go a long way in proving the OP's lack of understanding of how a franchise works and what it's like to be a GM of a small market team working for an owner who doesn't want to pay the luxury tax. But yeah, keep it up.

Kargo
03-27-2015, 10:38 PM
He's a Sonics fan,giving hope to the OKC hopefulls then ripping their hearts out step by step.

Durant leaving will be the final piece of his masterplan.

Horde of Temujin
03-27-2015, 10:42 PM
Thunder are owned by some cheap ass honkey's who most likely don't even like basketball.

That's your problem. I don't believe Presti is to blame.

MJistheGOAT
03-27-2015, 11:27 PM
Posts like this go a long way in proving the OP's lack of understanding of how a franchise works and what it's like to be a GM of a small market team working for an owner who doesn't want to pay the luxury tax. But yeah, keep it up.

This
But he should have fired Brooks at least 2 seasons ago. That

bdreason
03-28-2015, 03:40 AM
[QUOTE=MJistheGOAT]This
But he should have fired Brooks at least 2 seasons ago. That

beastee
03-28-2015, 03:14 PM
I am so glad you know the inside and outside workings of an NBA franchise. While his owner is cheap, he could have found much more creative ways of making things work, but has torn apart what should have been a dynasty. Would you please tell us how to run things, o zen master?

navy
03-28-2015, 03:15 PM
He can't fire the coach unless ownership agrees to pay someone else. Brooks will leave OKC when his contract ends, and not a second sooner.
He wont leave then either. Dude hasnt exactly lost in a fire-able round of the playoffs yet.

J Shuttlesworth
03-28-2015, 03:32 PM
This reminded me... is there any update from that dude who had the crazy site about Kevin Durant/Under Armor/Nike/Christianity? It was truly insane

edit: here's the site: http://townofloveokc.publishpath.com/

beastee
03-28-2015, 03:40 PM
This reminded me... is there any update from that dude who had the crazy site about Kevin Durant/Under Armor/Nike/Christianity? It was truly insane

edit: here's the site: http://townofloveokc.publishpath.com/
i forgot about that guy...:facepalm

chocolatethunder
03-28-2015, 04:14 PM
I am so glad you know the inside and outside workings of an NBA franchise. While his owner is cheap, he could have found much more creative ways of making things work, but has torn apart what should have been a dynasty. Would you please tell us how to run things, o zen master?
What are you talking about? It's hard enough for Westbrook to share the ball with Durant let alone Harden. Harden wouldn't be what he is now if he were still in OKC. In addition, Presti has managed to not only build a comptetive team in a small market but also keep the team competitive. The move of acquiring Kanter was a super move this year. Their owner does not want to pay the tax and they weren't going to be able to pay Harden, Westbrook and Durant. You should take a look around the league at teams in markets their size and see how they're doing or any team for that matter. When you have a business you have to make tough decisions and letting Harden walk sucked but it's what they felt they needed to do. This team as it is currently assembled now, if healthy is a better all around team than a team with Harden. Having a post scorer in Kanter to pair with Westborook and Druant is an excellent combo and will only open up their games.

buddha
03-28-2015, 04:21 PM
would have been a dynasty if they stayed in seattle and didn't get that bad karma.