PDA

View Full Version : Steve Kerr vs Mike Budenholzer who ya got for COTY???

INDI
03-28-2015, 05:55 AM
Steve Kerr

Kerr's team has the best record in the NBA. He has them running the best system in the league Imo. It's as if he took some of the best qualities he's seen throughout the years and combined them for his own unique system.

Key strength for COTY: Balance - the Warriors have the most balance in the league in terms of offense (top 5) and defense (top 5).

Key takeaway for COTY: Backcourt - has hands down the best backcourt in the NBA. Only backcourt to have a nickname and may possibly go down in history as one of the best ever if they stick together, it's not as surprising to see that they are super good.

Mike Budenholzer

Mike has his team doing something super special this season. They are playing like a lite version of the Spurs and are doing it without any true notable players to speak of. Possessing the second best record in the league, when most analysts had them around a 6th or 7th seed in the east is VERY impressive.

Key strength for COTY: Steph Curry - let's be honest, it absolutely will be one of these 2 guys winning the award so when officials start the debate it will be clear that Kerr had absolutehe best player out of the 2 teams (even the second best in kay). With kerr being a top 5 player in the league and a MVP candidate it will take some shine away from kerr, and heap praise onto Mike for doing it without even a top 15 player to speak of

Key takeaway for COTY: Narrative - arguments can be said that they don't have the best record and are in a weak east but the true reason Mike may not get it is because many people are just not talking about him or the hawks. The whole season people have underestimated them (and still do). Everyone is talking about the Warriors and Cavs almost exclusively as if the Hawks aren't in the same category which hurts Mike's chances because most voters tend to vote on hype rather than true analysis. I wouldn't be surprised if some tried to give Blatt a few votes above Budenholzer despite the fact that he has 3 players on his team better than anything on the Hawks and a worst record

So with all that said I am even more confused on my selection than before I started this thread on who will win. Who ya got???

bdreason
03-28-2015, 06:02 AM
I've leaned towards Bud all season... but if the Warriors win like 65 games? Don't see how Kerr doesn't win it.

Nowitness
03-28-2015, 06:31 AM
Dandy Randy.

iamgine
03-28-2015, 06:57 AM
I would pick Steve Kerr.

People need to remember that Mike Budenholzer was already coaching Atlanta last season but their best player was injured. This season, they get their best player back. And he's been coaching since 96-97 under Pop. What he is doing is nothing short of amazing but I think it's less so than what Steve Kerr's been doing.

Steve Kerr is a new coach. His team is on pace to make history with the 6th best record of all time. For a brand new coach to accomplish this is crazy. This guy has never ever been a head coach before, nor held any coaching position. Add to that he's doing it in the stacked western conference. I don't think people realize how difficult it is to accomplish what he's accomplishing right now just because he inherited a good team.

JtotheIzzo
03-28-2015, 07:43 AM
Kerr

Hopper15
03-28-2015, 09:28 AM
Steve Kerr Warriors have the best record and highest point differential in the league.

SCdac
03-28-2015, 09:42 AM
at 55-17 record, it's hard not to give it to Coach Bud. Instilled a Spurs-like philosophy in ATL and it's a beauty. Don't necessarily think they're going to make waves in the playoffs, but its a RS award.

highest scorers:

Milsap - 17 ppg
Teague - 16 ppg
Horford - 15 ppg

Jasper
03-28-2015, 10:19 AM
I've leaned towards Bud all season... but if the Warriors win like 65 games? Don't see how Kerr doesn't win it.
that's about it. :applause:

Warriors had a legit team , but team was abit in turmoil , but was at one point considered an elite team 13/14 season.

Atlanta on the other hand - is totally on a up swing- meaning = never expected.