PDA

View Full Version : Houston looking like true pretenders.

SpecialQue
03-28-2015, 09:43 PM
Refs will swallow their whistles come playoff time, so Harden's points will be halved.

Dwight's a terrible "leader." Would rather act the fool then show killer mentality.

Their coach operates on a sub Del Negro level.

A first round exit with three wins is probably their ceiling this season.

Sportal
03-28-2015, 09:43 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371876

SpecialQue
03-28-2015, 09:44 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371876

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289666

ShawkFactory
03-28-2015, 09:45 PM
Based on what?

SpecialQue
03-28-2015, 09:47 PM
Based on what?

Refs will swallow their whistles come playoff time, so Harden's points will be halved.

Dwight's a terrible "leader." Would rather act the fool then show killer mentality.

:coleman:

ShawkFactory
03-28-2015, 09:54 PM
:coleman:
How are they "looking" like something that you're predicting will happen later?

Milbuck
03-28-2015, 09:59 PM
How are they "looking" like something that you're predicting will happen later?
It's not a prediction. Everyone knows what OP says will happen. It's a fact that just happened yet.

J Shuttlesworth
03-28-2015, 10:01 PM
First round exit to the defending champs wouldn't exactly be embarassing.

First round exit to Dallas would be though :lol

BlazerRed
03-28-2015, 10:03 PM
**** Houston

SpecialQue
03-28-2015, 10:04 PM
**** Houston

I agree with this statement.

ABfor3
03-28-2015, 10:18 PM
I agree with this statement.
Lakers gonna be in the lottery for the next several years, I understand why you're mad

SpecialQue
03-28-2015, 10:21 PM
Lakers gonna be in the lottery for the next several years, I understand why you're mad

The fvck do the Lakers have to do with Houston? You're babbling like a goddamn fool.

ABfor3
03-28-2015, 10:25 PM
The fvck do the Lakers have to do with Houston? You're babbling like a goddamn fool.
Youre one of the biggest known Lakers fans on this board, come on now :oldlol:

Dresta
03-29-2015, 06:15 AM
I agree. If they make it past the first found, some severe fluke will have to be involved.

Smook A.
03-29-2015, 06:21 AM
I swear, the Rockets get teased the most BY FAR out of every playoff team for being a pretender or a 1st round exit. I don't think there's one person here (Other than Rockets fans) who thinks they'll make out of the 1st. We're probably the most hated team here too. :rolleyes:

warriorfan
03-29-2015, 06:29 AM
Houston sucks

StephHamann
03-29-2015, 06:34 AM
Rockets are clear cut favorites.

MVP Harden, best center in the game Howard and Money/Moreyball genius tactics.

They have a legit chance to go 15/1 like the 2001 Lakers. Only see them lose 1 game to the Warriors.

Siemens
03-29-2015, 06:35 AM

Sounds about right.

theaussieguy
03-29-2015, 06:49 AM
100% agree, harden is the worst 'superstar' to ever play in the League. Totally manufactured by rule changes and the whistle.

His game simply doesn't translate to playoff success in two ways. The refs won't be blowing the whistle if someone breathes on him like they do in the reg season, and paint defense is going to be amplified leaving him to chuck out on the 3 pt line in which case he will have little success because of the higher stakes of the playoff and increased performance of the elite perimeter defenders.

VengefulAngel
03-29-2015, 06:54 AM
I swear, the Rockets get teased the most BY FAR out of every playoff team for being a pretender or a 1st round exit. I don't think there's one person here (Other than Rockets fans) who thinks they'll make out of the 1st. We're probably the most hated team here too. :rolleyes:

Perhaps its due to Harden's proven disappearing acts in the playoffs, he should be a magician. I actually trust Dwight in the playoffs, but with question marks over his health, Houston truly do look like pretenders.

Dresta
03-29-2015, 07:26 AM
It's called the James Harden effect :banana:

bobopenguin
03-29-2015, 07:42 AM
rednecks are in denial again :facepalm

SpecialQue
05-09-2015, 01:17 PM

OK, so I was WAAAAAAY off on two points. But the general sentiment still stands.

24-Inch_Chrome
05-09-2015, 03:10 PM
Harden getting outplayed by Austin Rivers. Clippers in 5?

kenny817
05-09-2015, 05:17 PM
**** Houston

Yes

DMAVS41
05-09-2015, 05:27 PM
Losing 2 key players is really hurting them now against an elite team like the Clipppers.

Houston is really good... Probably elite when healthy.

Hate them...and Harden, but they have a legit squad.

smoovegittar
05-09-2015, 05:41 PM
Never gonna win shit with Blight. He might as well go to Cleveland.

bobopenguin
05-09-2015, 08:07 PM
Losing 2 key players is really hurting them now against an elite team like the Clipppers.

Houston is really good... Probably elite when healthy.

Hate them...and Harden, but they have a legit squad.

according to rockets fans, entire team is shit without harden and dwight.

Smoke117
05-09-2015, 08:08 PM
I'd say they look pretty good for a team most of you clowns didn't even have making the playoffs.

Taller than CP3
05-09-2015, 08:15 PM
They're neck and neck with Atlanta.

I'm tired of these f*cking pretenders wasting everyone's time in the Playoffs. They're fillers. We should just go straight to the Conference Finals already.

oh the horror
05-09-2015, 08:40 PM
I'd say they look pretty good for a team most of you clowns didn't even have making the playoffs.

They look like a second round playoff team.

MiseryCityTexas
05-09-2015, 11:27 PM
Rivers wouldn't be shitting on the Rockets if Patrick Beverely was healthy.

SaltyMeatballs
05-09-2015, 11:32 PM
Rivers wouldn't be shitting on the Rockets if Patrick Beverely was healthy.
That's true. Some people are forgetting that two of our starters (Bev and D-Mo) have been out for the playoffs.

Taller than CP3
05-09-2015, 11:35 PM
They're neck and neck with Atlanta AND Golden State.

I'm tired of these f*cking pretenders wasting everyone's time in the Playoffs. They're fillers. We should just go straight to the Conference Finals already.

fixed

UK2K
05-09-2015, 11:38 PM
That's true. Some people are forgetting that two of our starters (Bev and D-Mo) have been out for the playoffs.
I like:

Bev/Ariza on Paul/Rivers
Ariza/Bev on JJ
Harden on Barnes

Would be a different series for sure, but that still doesn't stop Blake from poopin on Jones and Smith.

KG215
05-09-2015, 11:38 PM
OK, so I was WAAAAAAY off on two points. But the general sentiment still stands.
Eh, be easier on yourself. There are non-playoff teams and 7-11 (all 7 other WC playoff teams and 3-4 others in the East) other playoff teams that would've beaten the Mavericks in the first round. After Rondo went crybaby mode and quit, and Parsons got hurt, the Mavs became an even bigger declining mess than they already were going into the playoffs. The Rockets got a really sweet draw in the 1st round.

Pushxx
05-10-2015, 12:06 AM
Patrick Beverley was the glue that made that team strong.

DMAVS41
05-10-2015, 01:06 AM
Eh, be easier on yourself. There are non-playoff teams and 7-11 (all 7 other WC playoff teams and 3-4 others in the East) other playoff teams that would've beaten the Mavericks in the first round. After Rondo went crybaby mode and quit, and Parsons got hurt, the Mavs became an even bigger declining mess than they already were going into the playoffs. The Rockets got a really sweet draw in the 1st round.

I don't disagree much with the Mavs stuff, but meh...think you are a bit off on the Rockets.

They lost two real impact players and are playing an elite Clippers team that just saw Reddick/Rivers have the games of their lives.

Series isn't over yet either, but please don't be one of those guys that is going to talk like the Rockets "didn't get out of the 2nd round" like it doesn't matter who you play.

The Clippers have proven themselves to be elite. They just beat the damn Spurs. They are the 2nd best or perhaps best team in the league currently. This isn't some East scrub team the Rockets are facing right now...it's an elite team capable of winning it all.

SpecialQue
05-10-2015, 11:21 PM
http://i.minus.com/icY9zTWiLK5kU.gif