PDA

View Full Version : Do You Believe Love is Out of Cleveland After This Season?

Meticode
03-29-2015, 08:12 PM
http://cdn.slamonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/lebron-james-kevin-love.jpg

All evidence points to yes. The only thing that might change this is if they get to the Finals or perhaps win the championship.

In the past week:

* Reports suggested LeBron was getting frustrated with Love's unwillingness to get with the program and become a team player.

* Love says he'd pick Westbrook over LeBron for MVP (although not that big of a deal since Love and Westbrook were teammates at UCLA).

* The Cavs took a picture together and Love was the one major player missing from the picture, he was asked about not being in the picture and instead of saying something like generic "I was in the bathroom, or asleep or getting a snack." he says "We're not really friends."

I think that comment in itself says it all. He's either alienating himself or the team is alienating him for whatever reason and he's not being part of that team comradely that you would want in a championship-calibre team.

In the past with Minnesota:

*Several reports show that Love always pointed the finger in blame at everyone else and not himself when things got tough. A leader, the best player shouldn't do that. Also there were reports that J.J. Barea called out Love in the locker-room about this type of behavior.

I'm pretty sure Love is gone after this season and because of the past conflicts with Love, I think these no reports are pretty close to true. Something is wrong in that locker-room.

Also Kendrick Perkins was quoted in saying that the media is blowing things way out of proportion in the LeBron/Love reports. That in itself shows something is going on. Maybe not as big as the media is reporting, but something.

gts
03-29-2015, 08:14 PM
in before somebody blames it on the media

Meticode
03-29-2015, 08:14 PM
In the end I want it to work. They have the chance to make something really special and possibly bring a championship to Cleveland. It would be sad that it didn't work because one player alienated himself or felt alienated.

greatest-ever
03-29-2015, 08:15 PM
If they don't make the finals, i'd say yes.

Meticode
03-29-2015, 08:15 PM
in before somebody blames it on the media
What's your take on the situation? You come in, make this comment, but contribute nothing.

Meticode
03-29-2015, 08:17 PM
I also feel a big reason Love isn't playing well is because of his back. They down-play it as a non-issue, but if you watch games like me or RedBlackAttack, etc you can see he favors it all the time. He'll hold it during time-outs, he'll lumber up the court like it's bothering him. I think this might be a big reason he doesn't post-up often and demand the ball.

Rose
03-29-2015, 08:18 PM
He MIGHT opt into next season if only because it'll pay more than a one year deal with someone else before signing for big money in after the 16-17.

I wouldn't be surprised if he left this year though, because it really seems like that's just a bad situation. He's not being utilized correctly consistently (although it's been better the last 2 weeks but still nowhere near perfect), he gets benched a lot in the 4th, he's not having fun, he's ostracized from his teammates except for maybe Kyrie. He's not getting shots. Why would he stay there?

Like I said the only reason why he would stay another year is that paycheck. With a slight shout out to there not being a contender with cap space this summer.

CavaliersFTW
03-29-2015, 08:24 PM
Love has never been to the playoffs...

With this team he is going there for the first time evver, I doubt he's going anywhere any time soon.

navy
03-29-2015, 08:24 PM
Looks like something I watched on ESPN first take.

Sarcastic
03-29-2015, 08:27 PM
I think he is. He seems like the type that cares about his stats, and he has always been linked to ending up a Laker. I think he'd rather be in LA as a first option, than a third option in Cleveland. Bosh willingly signed up for it. Love never did.

Meticode
03-29-2015, 08:28 PM
Looks like something I watched on ESPN first take.
This is why I made the thread because I watched the clip and it sparked my interest in the subject. What's your team on the subject?

Meticode
03-29-2015, 08:30 PM
He MIGHT opt into next season if only because it'll pay more than a one year deal with someone else before signing for big money in after the 16-17.

I wouldn't be surprised if he left this year though, because it really seems like that's just a bad situation. He's not being utilized correctly consistently (although it's been better the last 2 weeks but still nowhere near perfect), he gets benched a lot in the 4th, he's not having fun, he's ostracized from his teammates except for maybe Kyrie. He's not getting shots. Why would he stay there?

Like I said the only reason why he would stay another year is that paycheck. With a slight shout out to there not being a contender with cap space this summer.
Interesting take on it, you put most of the reasoning of why this is happening because of the team and not Love. Reports show that LeBron has repeatedly been reaching out to Love to be a part of the team. Everyone else is with the program except for Love for whatever reason.

Ask for him being utilized correctly, that goes both ways. Sure, the Cavs should draw up more than just 3 point shots for him, but at the same time, if he wants the ball at his most dangerous position on the court where he can operate (the elbow of the key) all he needs to do is to wrong his ass down there, post up, and yell for the ball any time he wants to. He rarely does this. I'm not sure if it's choice, or his back bothers him that badly or both. It's almost like if he has a good day with his back, he'll do it more often, and if he has a bad day with is back he just wants to stand at the arc and chuck up threes.

Crimsonrain777
03-29-2015, 08:31 PM
if he can go to a contender and get his stats?

sure, why not

navy
03-29-2015, 08:33 PM
This is why I made the thread because I watched the clip and it sparked my interest in the subject. What's your team on the subject?
Hahaha. Well you should know that the article was written by Frank Isola and he didnt even attempt to hide his Love to New York agenda.

Who knows, what's going on. Anonymous reports, instagram photos. Your not going to get any real information there.

It's not like Love has many places to go.

Meticode
03-29-2015, 08:35 PM
Hahaha. Well you should know that the article was written by Frank Isola and he didnt even attempt to hide his Love to New York agenda.

Who knows, what's going on. Anonymous reports, instagram photos. Your not going to get any real information there.

It's not like Love has many places to go.
Very true. I felt when the New York Daily News story came up that it was close to bullshit, and I do feel it's being blow out of proportion probably, but there's something I keep going back to. And that's the reports of what Love was doing when he was in Minnesota and pointing fingers and being called out by team-mates. I keep alluding back to that. Maybe it's just because thy were losing every season and not going anywhere and it was a frustrating situation, or maybe it's just the way he is?

J Shuttlesworth
03-29-2015, 08:38 PM
I think it's all a big exaggeration. The main thing causing Love to leave would be an anti-climactic playoff push, like losing in the ECF.

Love has always been somewhat of an anti-social dude. He only was friends with 2 dudes from the T-Wolves and his locker room presence is allegedly nothing like what we see on TV. It's no surprise he wasn't in that pic with LeBron. It's just not his style. He doesn't need to be best friends with LeBron for this to work.

305Baller
03-29-2015, 08:38 PM
Do you believe in life after Love? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uu3kCEEc98)

navy
03-29-2015, 08:40 PM
Very true. I felt when the New York Daily News story came up that it was close to bullshit, and I do feel it's being blow out of proportion probably, but there's something I keep going back to. And that's the reports of what Love was doing when he was in Minnesota and pointing fingers and being called out by team-mates. I keep alluding back to that. Maybe it's just because thy were losing every season and not going anywhere and it was a frustrating situation, or maybe it's just the way he is?
Love is apparently not a team player. Personality wise. He's not a ball hog, he's the opposite. He was apparently allergic to the ball in Minny when the game got tough and in Cleveland the Cavs have enough that they honestly dont care. Sometimes even bench him.

That's not gonna change no matter where he goes. He was in the perfect situation in Minny. No media, no expectations. Rubio and barea called himout for not being a leader, but he's never going to be a leader. That's just who he is.

That doesnt mean he'll leave. Like I said, does he really want to be franchise player in New York? In Los Angeles. That takes a special kind of skin. Maybe he'll head to Boston. Do they want him on the max? No clue.

As long as the Cavs are offering him the max, he's probably gonna stay.

SCdac
03-29-2015, 08:48 PM
If he's intent on leaving he's intent on leaving. Even if they go all the way, I feel like he would use his role on a Championship team as negotiating power (not that he needs it, really, but it doesn't hurt). Of recent, I think of Tyson Chandler landing a fat contract with the Knicks. It does seem like Love isn't vibing with the team

Rose
03-29-2015, 08:50 PM
Interesting take on it, you put most of the reasoning of why this is happening because of the team and not Love. Reports show that LeBron has repeatedly been reaching out to Love to be a part of the team. Everyone else is with the program except for Love for whatever reason.

Ask for him being utilized correctly, that goes both ways. Sure, the Cavs should draw up more than just 3 point shots for him, but at the same time, if he wants the ball at his most dangerous position on the court where he can operate (the elbow of the key) all he needs to do is to wrong his ass down there, post up, and yell for the ball any time he wants to. He rarely does this. I'm not sure if it's choice, or his back bothers him that badly or both. It's almost like if he has a good day with his back, he'll do it more often, and if he has a bad day with is back he just wants to stand at the arc and chuck up threes.
I don't necessarily blame one side or the other. He's a very unique player. For years we've heard that he's a bad leader, he doesn't want to play for the t-wolves, he wants to be a Laker, he wants this or that or whatever. To me it's no surprise that all that baggage followed him to Cleveland. I'm not gonna waste time discussing what's happened before basically for the last 4 years of his career.:lol

Maybe it is the team's fault to an extent. Because they are playing LeBron ball. They tried to run a real offense what the first 20?25? games of the year and they weren't that good. Granted a lot of that offensively at least was because it takes a while for guys to gel. They switched it up to LeBron ball and the offense got better. They were bottom of the league in rebounding before getting Mozgov. So basically Love's best attribute was being wasted. Because I think we all remember Thompson going out and just dominating the offensive glass basically every night of the season. After that the rebounding went up a lot, and the defense got better because they weren't playing Love at center sometimes which he can't play. All that shows me that he wasn't having an impact, and he definitely wasn't being used right.

Since then it got worse the benchings, the rumors flared up, etc. Now the team has an offensive rhythm again because of LeBron ball. He likes to play with a big and 3 shooters. Love is a really good 3 point shot but what no one realizes is....he's actually a really bad midrange shooter (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/loveke01.html) . So he can't even really space the floor that well aside from when he sits in the corner (which happens way too ****ing much still) and jacks up 6 threes. So basically he can't even dominate the elbow like he should, because he doesn't get the opportunity too due to that offense.

If Blatt were smarter (and it took Spo a while to get this with Wade/Bosh) he'd sit LeBron more and play Love a lot when LeBron isn't. That way he can rest his best player, and get his third star more involved because Love/Kyrie actually play really well together. They could use him more in his traditional way and it would work. So yeah there's some blame for everyone. But I don't blame Love for wanting to leave. It's not his job to demand shots or whatever that typically makes a guy look bad. Remember in I think it was the first year of the Heat and Bosh publicly stated he wanted the ball down low more and then they won the next game after everyone in the media saying he was greedy and should accept that he won't get that many shots particularly in places he wanted them?

Found it:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6196012 :lol

christian1923
03-29-2015, 09:22 PM
Would you stay? I wouldn't

STATUTORY
03-29-2015, 09:24 PM
he's gone for certain, same situation as dwight and lakers, fans deluding themselves into the possibility that he's staying

gts
03-29-2015, 10:14 PM
What's your take on the situation? You come in, make this comment, but contribute nothing.

my take is where there's smoke there's fire.... My media comment was snarky yes but every time this topic is brought up somebody says there's nothing here these guys didn't do or say anything, that it's all media driven, the Cavs sing Kumbuya on the bus every night. Like I said where there's smoke there's fire and there's been plenty of smoke

Here's what i think happens, Love doesn't opt out but make's it clear he will not sign an extension to his current contract either and he'll explore the free agent market in 2016 when the big TV $$$ comes into play... The Cavs front office will have to start making some decisions at that point

Even if he's happy as a clam in Cleveland he'd be a fool to opt out this summer and sign for what will be equal to upper level role player money next summer so nothing will be finalized this summer, next season will be more of the same...

That being said, if he does opt in it wouldn't shock me to hear that the Cavs start shopping him over the summer...

wakencdukest
03-29-2015, 10:28 PM
Love has never been to the playoffs...

With this team he is going there for the first time evver, I doubt he's going anywhere any time soon.

Who thought LeBron would put his tail between his legs and go back to Cleveland after going to the finals 4 years straight and winning two championships in Miami. I thought people were crazy for thinking that. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Love left.

JtotheIzzo
03-29-2015, 10:50 PM
If he has a brain he will leave.

Bran will bolt the minute he gets them a chip, so Love might end up marooned in that shithole with no hope for a few years making less than he could have.

He should go to LAL with Westbrook.

poido123
03-29-2015, 10:58 PM
I think it will come down to a money decision.

Love will know that he is losing money by playing with Lebron in this type of system. His stats are suffering badly by the lack of touches and style of play.

On the other hand, he has stated on record that he wants to remain a Cav when it's all said and done.

Perhaps that is just PR? Who knows, it really hinges on how badly he wants to win. He will get no better opportunity than with the current Cavs team.

My guess is he will sign through the 2015-2016 season wit the Cavs with the opportunity to sign a new deal under the new cap(which i'm guessing will not be the Cavs).

JtotheIzzo
03-29-2015, 11:00 PM
On the other hand, he has stated on record that he wants to remain a Cav when it's all said and done.

if he said anything else he would unleash a shit storm.

poido123
03-29-2015, 11:02 PM
if he said anything else he would unleash a shit storm.

Which is the part I said about remaining PR etc.

Looking at this logically in Love's shoes, I'd want to remain on a stacked Cavs team and give myself the best chance at a title for one more year and become a free agent after the 2015-2016 season in time for the salary cap jump.