PDA

View Full Version : Who are the players that are alpha?

hangintheair
03-29-2015, 10:28 PM
http://img-9gag-ftw.9cache.com/photo/aB3ZAxA_700b_v1.jpg

Fudge
03-29-2015, 10:34 PM
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
Kawhi Leonard
Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
Chris Paul
Kevin Garnett
Kyle Lowry
Zach Randolph

Only a few in the league have earned this title, tbh.

Kvnzhangyay
03-29-2015, 10:35 PM
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
Kawhi Leonard
Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
Chris Paul
Kevin Garnett
Kyle Lowry
Zach Randolph

how?

Milbuck
03-29-2015, 10:35 PM
Based on those descriptions

Alpha: Russell Westbrook
Beta: James Harden
Gamma: Dwyane Wade
Delta: Josh Smith
Omega: Larry Sanders

SaltyMeatballs
03-29-2015, 10:36 PM
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
Kawhi Leonard
Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
Chris Paul
Kevin Garnett
Kyle Lowry
Zach Randolph

No way

Prime_Shaq
03-29-2015, 10:42 PM
https://thehiphopconsultant.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/peja073.jpg

JohnFreeman
03-29-2015, 10:45 PM
LeBron, Giannis

RRR3
03-29-2015, 10:45 PM
I've been telling people on here they're misusing the word "beta".

inclinerator
03-29-2015, 10:52 PM
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
Kawhi Leonard
Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
Chris Paul
Kevin Garnett
Kyle Lowry
Zach Randolph

leonard is pretty beta

ABfor3
03-29-2015, 10:54 PM
Russell Westbrook is top alpha right now

Thechosen1
03-29-2015, 10:55 PM
deandre jordan easily

sd3035
03-29-2015, 11:00 PM
Jordan, Kobe, Duncan, Durant, Curry

Chadwin
03-29-2015, 11:08 PM
Westbrook
Cousins

Siemens
03-29-2015, 11:14 PM
Bonner.

warriorfan
03-29-2015, 11:20 PM
Russell Westbrook - Omega

http://blog.aglamslam.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Picture-153.png

Lacks ambition and confidence, check. Russell Westbrook doesn't have real confidence, he has psudo-confidence where he tries to over compensate his lack of confidence by jacking up lots of shots but in the end he doesn't have real confidence. This is why he doesn't close games. Lacks the ambition to win, he is happy by filling his stats and doesn't have ambition to adapt his game to be a real winner.

Totally incapeable of compatibibility with society, check. See picture above or catch one of his many socially awkward interviews.

Omegas are known for their inability to fit in socially or operate under pressure, check. Russell Westbrook crumbles late game and can't close.

The Omega is traditionally the scapegoat for any failure, not yet but soon. Wait till Omegabrook craps out OKC in the first round and next year does the same with out Alpha Durant's help.

They often can't keep jobs, not yet but soon.

24-Inch_Chrome
03-29-2015, 11:25 PM

Lacks ambition and confidence, check. Russell Westbrook doesn't have real confidence, he has psudo-confidence where he tries to over compensate his lack of confidence by jacking up lots of shots but in the end he doesn't have real confidence. This is why he doesn't close games. Lacks the ambition to win, he is happy by filling his stats and doesn't have ambition to adapt his game to be a real winner.

Totally incapeable of compatibibility with society, check. See picture above or catch one of his many socially awkward interviews.

Omegas are known for their inability to fit in socially or operate under pressure, check. Russell Westbrook crumbles late game and can't close.

The Omega is traditionally the scapegoat for any failure, not yet but soon. Wait till Omegabrook craps out OKC in the first round and next year does the same with out Alpha Durant's help.

http://i.giphy.com/P8IXl0kmQgmDS.gif

You're not even a good troll...

Im so nba'd out
03-29-2015, 11:27 PM

A 5'2 vanilla midget poster check

warriorfan
03-29-2015, 11:29 PM
A 5'2 vanilla midget poster check

nah bro that's you :oldlol:

warriorfan
03-29-2015, 11:30 PM
http://i.giphy.com/P8IXl0kmQgmDS.gif

You're not even a good troll...

Says the butthurt canadian who is all sad cause I shattered his childhood boner over Ken Griffey Jr not using steroids. :oldlol:

T_L_P
03-29-2015, 11:30 PM
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
Kawhi Leonard
Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
Chris Paul
Kevin Garnett
Kyle Lowry
Zach Randolph

:coleman:

24-Inch_Chrome
03-29-2015, 11:33 PM
Says the butthurt canadian who is all sad cause I shattered his childhood boner over Ken Griffey Jr not using steroids. :oldlol:

http://i.giphy.com/eI6NdZYSmzv20.gif

SouBeachTalents
03-29-2015, 11:33 PM
Alpha- Jordan
Beta- Pippen
Gamma- Rodman

MJistheGOAT
03-29-2015, 11:38 PM
Now: Westbrook, Kobe, Wade, Randolph

Old: MJ, Bird, Shaq, Magic.

RRR3
03-29-2015, 11:40 PM
This whole thing is silly but here's my list....

Alpha: Kobe, Jordan, Westbrook, Shaq
Beta: ???? LeBron and Durant are kind of inverted betas (dominant socially, but not always psychologically)
Gamma: MWP
Delta: Beasley?
Omega: Scott Brooks :lol

Marchesk
03-30-2015, 01:33 AM
Wouldn't GODbe be the Alpha and the Omega?

retaxis
03-30-2015, 05:44 AM
Looks like regular trolls are the omega here. They talk like they are entrepreneurs making millions but they wish they could be working at maccas

toxicxr6
03-30-2015, 10:07 AM
Manu Ginobilli is the most alpha player on the Spurs... This list needs his name!

Alamо
03-30-2015, 10:11 AM
Using the definition the OP posted. Kevin Durant is the perfect Gamma. "Internet hipster, edgy teen" :roll: :roll:

Achilleas
03-30-2015, 11:39 AM
α,β,γ,δ,ε,ζ,η,θ,ι,κ,λ,μ,ν,ξ,ο,π,ρ,σ,τ,φ,χ,ψ,ω

α curry ,draymond :bowdown:
β klay
γ bogut
δ iggy
ε d lee
ζ barbosa
h livigston
ι barnes
ω rush :banghead:

Akrazotile
03-30-2015, 12:16 PM
Based on those descriptions

Alpha: Russell Westbrook
Beta: James Harden
Gamma: Dwyane Wade
Delta: Josh Smith
Omega: Larry Sanders

:roll:

So true.

ShawkFactory
03-30-2015, 03:42 PM
That's why it's stupid that beta is thrown around so regularly and derogatorily.

G0ATbe
03-30-2015, 03:46 PM
Kobe is the cornerstone of the alpha.

Followed by

Durant
Westbrook
Kyrie
Wade
Pippen
Bird
Magic
Kareem
Dirk
T Parker

ShawkFactory
03-30-2015, 04:00 PM
Going by this actual criteria. Based on their styles on the court whether in games or practice.

1. All time best alpha: Magic. HM- Shaq

-Magic and Shaq were both in control and had booming personalities.

2. All time best beta: Bird. HM- Duncan

-Both would submit if there was an alpha on the team, but both are cold-blooded as shit and as in-control as any players ever. Bird toes the line between alpha and beta but he wasn't as charismatic as Magic or Shaq obviously.

3. All time best gamma: Jordan. HM- Kobe

-Obviously dominant psychologically. Did necessarily win over teammates however. If these guys were equated to non-basketball professions neither would be CEO's. They'd be legendary musicians or philosophers.

4. All time best delta: The Glide. HM- Joe Johnson (probably a better one but I couldn't come up with it off the top of my head)

-Joe was kinda just a drop in the hat but Clyde seemed a little that way to me. Obviously he was super talented and a great player but he seemed like he could be submissive and passive in a pressure situation. Someone who watched most of his career check me if I'm wrong on this one. Joe, while clutch and a talented scorer, never seemed to care to take the next step (Obviously I'm sure he did but his demeanor never showed this). Frustrating as hell.

5. All time best omega: Lebron.

- Not even necessary to describe an HM. Often not confident in himself and makes boneheaded decisions off the court constantly. Still will be one of the 10 best players ever when he retires but there probably hasn't even been someone with more potential. Aside from maybe Shaq.

I don't know where to put Russell, Kareem, and Wilt since they were all way before my time. Russell seems like a beta/alpha. Kareem a beta. Wilt an alpha/gamma. Really not sure.

Some of the other GOATs that I want to try and pinpoint (again, I'm probably wrong):
Hakeem- Alpha
Garnett- Gamma
Jerry West- Alpha
Dirk- Beta
Isiah- Alpha
TMac- beta/delta. Not full delta but close.
Iverson- Gamma
Barkley- Alpha