PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard: "I'm going to do what I saw Wilt do when he got his championship"

CavaliersFTW
03-30-2015, 05:40 AM
"..That sacrifice for me is going to come on the offensive end. It's the thing I saw Wilt [Chamberlain] do when he got his championship with the Lakers [in 1972]. Wilt was known for scoring a lot of points, and when he played for that team that won the championship, he got other people open shots, did whatever he could to make everybody better. He got that trophy. By the time we get to the playoffs and the next couple of years, hopefully we'll get to the point where we'll be able to win a couple championships."

“..For our team to be successful, my main objective has to be the anchor on the defensive end,” Howard said. “When James is in the game, it’s on me to defend and lock up the paint. When he’s out of the game, that will be an opportunity for me to get some points. My main goal is to always dominate the paint and make sure I keep opponents from getting in there and scoring. By the time we get to the playoffs, I’ll be in a great rhythm, James will already be in a great rhythm, and our team will be in a great flow.”"

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/187677/20150327/dwight-howard-returns.htm

A few days prior to this I noticed he subscribed to my YT channel. Dwight gonna try out the Lakers-Wilt mindset now :applause:

3peated
03-30-2015, 05:45 AM
2bad he didnt wanna try that in LA, lmao

Bandito
03-30-2015, 05:47 AM
He wasnt known for a scorer like never in his career.

Im Still Ballin
03-30-2015, 05:49 AM
Can you tell him to subscribe to my channel too?

JohnFreeman
03-30-2015, 05:51 AM
Can you tell him to subscribe to my channel too?
Cousy mix with return of the mack

ronnymac
03-30-2015, 06:03 AM
He knows this is Hardens team and if we want to be great he needs to lock the paint down. I have to say he has looked really good in the last 2 games.

Eric Cartman
03-30-2015, 06:07 AM
Him being in the breath as Wilt is a joke, even old broken down one.

coin24
03-30-2015, 06:18 AM
Wtf did I just read:lol

Wilt shits on Dwert. So now the stupid asshole realises he should use the pick n roll and that he's mainly a defensive anchor that's main offense should be putbacks and dunks :oldlol:

dunksby
03-30-2015, 06:20 AM

Wilt shits on Dwert. So now the stupid asshole realises he should use the pick n roll and that he's mainly a defensive anchor that's main offense should be putbacks and dunks :oldlol:
Inflated ego on both accounts.

Rolando
03-30-2015, 06:20 AM
He's just trying to curb people's expectations. He doesn't expect to play a leading role in the playoffs.

dunksby
03-30-2015, 06:22 AM
He's just trying to curb people's expectations. He doesn't expect to play a leading role in the playoffs.
Leading or not, he is going to have a big role in the postseason as a bigman in the West.

coin24
03-30-2015, 06:22 AM
Inflated ego on both accounts.

If not for SVG he's a complete bum

dunksby
03-30-2015, 06:24 AM
If not for SVG he's a complete bum
Dude made a franchise player out of Jennings, a beast in Augustine and a TD machine in Jackson. Overall a lot of players have made careers under him.

poido123
03-30-2015, 06:43 AM

Dwight makes a lot of stupid promises.

coin24
03-30-2015, 06:50 AM
Dude made a franchise player out of Jennings, a beast in Augustine and a TD machine in Jackson. Overall a lot of players have made careers under him.

I'm praising svg :cheers: he's a great coach..

knicksman
03-30-2015, 07:14 AM
Harden the most alpha :bowdown:

He might be the reason why OKC made the finals

That alpha aura

Doranku
03-30-2015, 07:57 AM
:roll: Dwight can't pass his way out of a cardboard box. He's an awful passer from the post. And it's not like he'll get any touches to make all those passes playing with Harden who will likely be jacking 30 shots a game @ 35% in the playoffs.

Good luck, Dwight. :oldlol:

BigNBAfan
03-30-2015, 08:11 AM
Get the ambulance ready, dwight is preparing to CHOKE!

Eric Cartman
03-30-2015, 08:15 AM

That alpha aura

He was.

swagga
03-30-2015, 08:19 AM
He was.

harden really helped them get over that spurs team. Without him they weren't getting out of that WCF.

LoneyROY7
03-30-2015, 08:24 AM
OP's a stan stanning a man because that man's stanning the original stan's man. :oldlol:

stephanieg
03-30-2015, 09:53 AM

He might also be the reason why OKC lost the finals.

Dr.J4ever
03-30-2015, 09:58 AM
[QUOTE=CavaliersFTW]"..That sacrifice for me is going to come on the offensive end. It's the thing I saw Wilt [Chamberlain] do when he got his championship with the Lakers [in 1972]. Wilt was known for scoring a lot of points, and when he played for that team that won the championship, he got other people open shots, did whatever he could to make everybody better. He got that trophy. By the time we get to the playoffs and the next couple of years, hopefully we'll get to the point where we'll be able to win a couple championships."

dontgetchoked
03-30-2015, 10:49 AM
isnt this why he didnt like LA? because he basically didnt want to sacrifice for the team?

SpecialQue
03-30-2015, 10:52 AM
isnt this why he didnt like LA? because he basically didnt want to sacrifice for the team?

No, it's because Kobe's a prick.

SwayDizzle
03-30-2015, 10:58 AM
It's because Kobe chose the wrong strategy to get through to Dwight. Kobe went in aggressively, called him out on all his weaknesses, and basically said work harder. That doesn't work with someone like Dwight, who probably responded defensively by being arrogant and nonchalant. You can bet Kobe and Gasol's relationship had very different dynamics. Harden is a good fit for Dwight because he doesn't seem like the type to put pressure on others; just lets them be, which is what suits Dwight.

HOoopCityJones
03-30-2015, 11:07 AM
2bad he didnt wanna try that in LA, lmao

This. :roll:

Didn't wanna do PnR either, then went to Houston to do PnR. :facepalm

navy
03-30-2015, 12:42 PM

CavaliersFTW
03-30-2015, 12:44 PM
I know you guys are ripping Dwight for his offense but he's just describing playing with a different mentality. Has nothing to do with how many points he actually was scoring or w/e. It's accepting the job of playing his position with a different approach. Will it work for him? I don't know, but I think he's got the tools to play a solid defensive anchor and as for setting up his teammates on the offensive end and not impeding their own offensive rhythm, well we'll see what happens. I thought Dwight played great last playoffs that was one of my favorite playoff series I ever watched. Houston vs Portland with him and Aldridge going at it dropping 40 a piece it was a classic inside match up that you rarely get to see these days.

So, if he intended to play like that again in the Playoffs, than yes this time around if he chooses not to score/demand the ball as much it most certainly will be a lot different than last season's post-season performance.

Sakkreth
03-30-2015, 12:44 PM
Well he shouldn't be first option on offense even when Harden is sitting.

Nash
03-30-2015, 01:36 PM
'couple of championships'. does he honestly think him and Harden are players that win multiple championships?

game3524
03-30-2015, 04:34 PM

He is a prick, but he was a 100% right about Dwight as a player and his role on a contending team at this point in his career.

Genaro
03-30-2015, 07:08 PM
He left LA because he didn't want to play this role, now he realizes this is the perfect role for him? Good, although too late.

Le Shaqtus
03-30-2015, 07:15 PM
'couple of championships'. does he honestly think him and Harden are players that win multiple championships?

Why can't they?

Eric Cartman
03-30-2015, 07:19 PM
He's gonna ride Harden's coattalils, similar to what Shaq did with D-Wade.

Superman :applause: