PDA

View Full Version : This is why JayZ is a real entrepeneur breaking the barriers the ghetto has placed

Godzuki
03-30-2015, 03:48 PM
on him :bowdown:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/30/media/jay-z-streaming-service-tidal/index.html

he's already considered one of the top selling rappers of this era.

he is married to one of the top female singers of this era.

he has crossed over to being friends with white people. even if the ghetto part of the black community says he's sold out, but thats why JayZ is a true businessman mogul who has transcended the limitations and rules the ghetto blacks have placed on black people having to keep it 'real'.

he has even befriended white executives, producers, wall street, jews, and is regularly seen wining and dining with whites :applause:

now he buys out a music service, has artists like kanye in his pocket, and gets Tayler Swift, the biggest artist in music today to feature exclusively on it.... which couldn't have been possible without Jay breaking the barriers most black people would be afraid to in fear of being called a sellout.

this will probably become a billion dollar service and the basis of which people buy music in the future. Jay's a true role model and businessman the black community should aspire to :bowdown:

RightToCensor
03-30-2015, 03:54 PM
I'm not a businessman...

Batz
03-30-2015, 03:58 PM
In cuz TIDAL :rockon:

L.Kizzle
03-30-2015, 04:03 PM
Master P > J-Zee as a business man. J. is cool though. I have him right behind Russell Simons, Percy and Puffy Combs.

BurningHammer
03-30-2015, 04:11 PM
Is Tidal any better than other music streaming services out there that Jay-Z chose to invest on?

ace23
03-30-2015, 04:23 PM
Why are you obsessed with black people

Godzuki
03-30-2015, 06:10 PM
Why are you obsessed with black people

i'm trying to be a community organizer for change :pimp:

SugarHill
03-30-2015, 06:14 PM
Jay's a true role model and businessman the black community should aspire to :bowdown:
He made a living off telling tales of selling crack to his community :biggums:

Real14
03-30-2015, 09:28 PM
Jay iz a bitch:coleman:

bigkingsfan
03-30-2015, 09:31 PM
I'll no longer be able to listen to Taylor Swift on the plane catalog, fk.

nathanjizzle
03-30-2015, 10:15 PM
Jay z has never been an original thinker. every big success hes been apart of was someone elses idea.

Mr Clutch Melo
03-31-2015, 07:39 AM
Whats the difference between this and spotify? Unless its significant cheaper I doubt anyone will switch over?

Aint nobody that gives a shit if millionaires get 10 more cents for each stream or whatever

kurple
03-31-2015, 07:45 AM
**** tidal. Spotify>

on spotify you can pay like 1 buck to upload your own song. can you do this on tidal?

JohnFreeman
03-31-2015, 07:55 AM
No one is music for the right reason anymore

Godzuki
03-31-2015, 09:39 AM
**** tidal. Spotify>

on spotify you can pay like 1 buck to upload your own song. can you do this on tidal?

u won't be able to get songs you want from spotify when they all move over to tidal

Godzuki
03-31-2015, 09:40 AM
Jay iz a bitch:coleman:

y'all are the mf'ers i'm talking about holding other brotha's down

RightToCensor
03-31-2015, 09:43 AM
Love it. This means Spotify will be have a discount to compete when Jay's app opens.

JEFFERSON MONEY
03-31-2015, 12:45 PM
I don't think one's an Uncle Tom strictly on basis of affiliating with white people.

"he has even befriended white executives, producers, wall street, jews[, and is regularly seen wining and dining with whites "

And if you want to get racial, most people of Caucasian descent are not exactly fans of these people.

One's an Uncle Tom when they apologize for "massa's" actions or sell out their own kind.

L.Kizzle
03-31-2015, 01:41 PM
J-Zee don't know what he doing.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-31-2015, 04:46 PM
3rd most overrated rapper ever behind Wayne and Em
he a fcknikka

9erempiree
03-31-2015, 05:38 PM
TIDAL sounds like some wanna-be illuminati shit. Get all the big name artist on one site and dictate what fans listen to. The music is going to be watered down and fans will eventually be sick of artists that are affiliated with TIDAL. Madonna is going to sound like Beyonce and Beyonce is going to sound like Taylor Swift. Instead of doing a song, I can see these people ghost-write for one another.

I was already put off seeing that video.

BigBoss
03-31-2015, 07:22 PM
Where would this guy be without Dame, Kanye, Timbaland, Pharrell, and Beyonce. I still don't get how a drug dealer got into the white house and took pictures with Obama. I know he laughs that on his own time--how everyone is on his nuts. Thats power.

BurningHammer
04-23-2015, 05:21 PM
JayZ's new toy is failing hard.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tidal-music-service-flops-despite-backing-from-jay-z--beyonce-and-kanye-170358919.html

Godzuki
04-23-2015, 08:41 PM
JayZ's new toy is failing hard.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tidal-music-service-flops-despite-backing-from-jay-z--beyonce-and-kanye-170358919.html

LOL i was going to start a new thread on this :lol

After using Spotify firsthand, i think you'd have to be retarded, or a huge Jayz, Kanye, TSizzle, Minaj fan to pay for music. sounds nice for musicians but only a idiot is going to pay for music when they can get it free. Spotify has most popular stuff out there too.

i don't know how any pay for music services can compete unless they manage to get 3/4's of musicians to be exclusively with them.

i've got over 70 songs/raps on my mix tape so far :pimp:

kurple
04-24-2015, 08:38 AM
u won't be able to get songs you want from spotify when they all move over to tidal
:yaohappy:

SugarHill
04-24-2015, 09:00 AM
tidal flopped

SourSamCassell
04-24-2015, 11:25 AM
tidal flopped
Fantastic avatar SugarHill!

Very creative and 'artsy'!

You seem very tech-savvy, do you study graphic arts? Very talented!

L.Kizzle
05-30-2015, 01:55 PM
Talk about an epic failure... :oldlol:

7 co-founders of Tidal might have their music pulled from there because the're artists under Sony. http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015/05/tidal-jay-z-sony-licensing/ This includes Beyonce. lmao
Kanye even said he not releasing his new album under Tidal.

DonDadda59
05-30-2015, 02:15 PM
tidal flopped

Probably end up back in the hood, I'm like "F&ck it then"

NBAplayoffs2001
05-30-2015, 02:37 PM
Not a fan of him as a rapper but he's the only rapper I can think of who really has an amazing business mind. He's not a fake "ghetto" dude like Drake either. Marcy projects in the 1980s/1990s were no joke. In fact, all of Brooklyn back in the day was probably the most dangerous place in NYC outside of uptown Manhattan/South Bronx.

L.Kizzle
05-30-2015, 03:48 PM
Not a fan of him as a rapper but he's the only rapper I can think of who really has an amazing business mind. He's not a fake "ghetto" dude like Drake either. Marcy projects in the 1980s/1990s were no joke. In fact, all of Brooklyn back in the day was probably the most dangerous place in NYC outside of uptown Manhattan/South Bronx.
J-Zee doesn't have a great business mind, he just came up in the technology age of the past ten years or so. Guys like Master P and Diddy blow him out the water.

P was doing everything J-Zee was 17-18 years ago. P just burned out in the early 2000s unlike J-Zee.

L.Kizzle
05-30-2015, 04:04 PM
P and Puff did it mostly by themselves didn't they? While Jay had Dame and another dude. Plus backing from Def Jam.
Oh yeah, they was doing things on their own.

P was independent in music (I guess that was better than tidal if you compare the era. Independent 94-2000 >>> tidal 2015), making movies on his own. Was a sports agent in like 98, signing Ricky Williams among others. Playing in NBA, going into wrestling.P.Miller clothing out before Roc-a-Wear. I think he had a doll too. All before the dawn of the new millennium.

Real14
05-30-2015, 04:26 PM
y'all are the mf'ers i'm talking about holding other brotha's down

If that niguh was a REAL brotha then it would be a different story:coleman:

NBAplayoffs2001
05-30-2015, 04:39 PM
J-Zee doesn't have a great business mind, he just came up in the technology age of the past ten years or so. Guys like Master P and Diddy blow him out the water.

P was doing everything J-Zee was 17-18 years ago. P just burned out in the early 2000s unlike J-Zee.

To me Diddy is in a class of his own. Dude was huge in the 90s/early 2000s. Everyone knew who he was, even those who didn't follow rap.

Educated from Harlem with some musical talent. Big L had a ton of talent but didn't have time to expand on his business ventures. To me, Big L could have been as big as Jay Z is now if he was still alive. But these are all based on what I think without any factual evidence. Big L was on the verge of going main stream full time before he got gunned down in 1999.

I'm not sure if Diddy grew up rich but Harlem back in the day was worse than Brooklyn by a good amount. Heck Northern/Eastern Harlem is still rough. 125th and Nicholas in Harlem based on FBI reports a few years ago was one of the top 25 worst neighborhoods in the country.

DonDadda59
05-30-2015, 05:49 PM
To me Diddy is in a class of his own. Dude was huge in the 90s/early 2000s. Everyone knew who he was, even those who didn't follow rap.

Educated from Harlem with some musical talent. Big L had a ton of talent but didn't have time to expand on his business ventures. To me, Big L could have been as big as Jay Z is now if he was still alive. But these are all based on what I think without any factual evidence. Big L was on the verge of going main stream full time before he got gunned down in 1999.

I'm not sure if Diddy grew up rich but Harlem back in the day was worse than Brooklyn by a good amount. Heck Northern/Eastern Harlem is still rough. 125th and Nicholas in Harlem based on FBI reports a few years ago was one of the top 25 worst neighborhoods in the country.

His father was Melvin Combs, a close associate of both Frank Lucas and Nicky Barnes. He was shot and killed during a drug deal when Puffy was like 2 years old. The family lived in the projects after that.

http://image1.findagrave.com/photos250/photos/2011/31/2640694_129654907154.jpg

Melvin, his wife Janice, and baby Diddy^

Budadiiii
05-30-2015, 06:04 PM
i love how black people have such a different standard of success.

jay z and p diddy are heros to the black community.

most white people over age 30 dont even know who they are, let alone respect what they do.

NumberSix
05-31-2015, 09:45 AM
Who cares?

In what way does being good at rapping depend on being from a shitty area?

L.Kizzle
05-31-2015, 09:54 AM
i love how black people have such a different standard of success.

jay z and p diddy are heros to the black community.

most white people over age 30 dont even know who they are, let alone respect what they do.
I don't think black people care what white people over 30 think.

NBAplayoffs2001
05-31-2015, 07:35 PM
Who cares?

In what way does being good at rapping depend on being from a shitty area?

Hip hop arose due to young minorities in really bad poverty in the South Bronx.

BigBoss
05-31-2015, 07:42 PM

There's a ton of rappers with great business minds.

Dre
50 Cent
Ice Cube
Master P
Diddy
Kanye

L.Kizzle
05-31-2015, 07:48 PM
There's a ton of rappers with great business minds.

Dre
50 Cent
Ice Cube
Master P
Diddy
Kanye
Also E-40. Has anyone had his beverage(s?) He has a liquor and a wine I believe both doing Major business.

JohnFreeman
05-31-2015, 08:52 PM
Jay Z is failing with his streaming service

Budadiiii
05-31-2015, 09:46 PM
I don't think black people care what white people over 30 think.
of course they don't care... they don't care about much of anything

im just pointing out the differences in each group. its fascinating to know that whites and blacks are vastly different people

9erempiree
07-16-2015, 02:40 AM
UPDATE:

Tidal is failing. A bunch of executives have left the company and they recently cut 25 jobs.

MMM
07-16-2015, 11:59 AM
He made a living off telling tales of selling crack to his community :biggums:

****** actin' like I sold you crack
Like I told you sell drugs...no...
Hove did that so hopefully you won't have to go through that

but on the real admiration of a man that you don't know personally is on some BS