PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical: Jabari Parker or this year's #1 pick?

Milbuck
03-30-2015, 08:07 PM
I would take Jabari without question, just asking because this question was posed on a Bucks board elsewhere and I'm curious to hear other opinions.

Jabari Parker or the #1 pick in this upcoming draft? If this deal went down, which side would be getting the better end of the trade?

RoundMoundOfReb
03-30-2015, 08:12 PM
Given the injury i'd probably take this year's pick.

noob cake
03-30-2015, 08:16 PM
I would take him #3 behind Towns, Okafor in no particular order.

With his rookie year injury in consideration (and before seeing him back on court at 100%), I'll have to drop him pretty low, probably below Okafor, Towns, Rusell, Winslow, Mudiay, Mario and Porzingis. Probably in the 7-8th range.

RedBlackAttack
03-30-2015, 08:18 PM
I don't know man... Towns and Okafor are looking pretty beastly to me. He'd definitely be in the conversation, but big guys usually rule the day all things equal.

Hey Yo
03-30-2015, 08:19 PM
Given the injury i'd probably take this year's pick.
This

it's not like JP was a 17-9 guy before going down. He has potential but the injury cannot be overlooked.

Im Still Ballin
03-30-2015, 08:21 PM
It's a hypothetical you morons

Don't factor in the injury that happened

We are weighing there production and talent when healthy

Milbuck
03-30-2015, 08:22 PM
I would take him #3 behind Towns, Okafor in no particular order.

With his rookie year injury in consideration (and before seeing him back on court at 100%), I'll have to drop him pretty low, probably below Okafor, Towns, Rusell, Winslow, Mudiay, Mario and Porzingis. Probably in the 7-8th range.
Wow..is an ACL injury really serious enough to drop him to 8th?

Nerlens tore his in college and is now looking like a stud.

I get the uncertainty that comes with the injury, but I don't think it's as bad as the uncertainty that comes with bust potential for 7 picks. Especially Porzingis, Winslow, and Hezonja. I don't think any of those 3 are nearly that good.
I don't know man... Towns and Okafor are looking pretty beastly to me. He'd definitely be in the conversation, but big guys usually rule the day all things equal.
I'm iffy on Okafor's impact. He's not huge, he's not athletic, his defense is questionable at the college level, etc. I think he could be a star but from watching the majority of Jabari's games I honestly think he has superstar potential, like an unselfish Melo.

I have no issue with Towns over Jabari, dude is a two-way monster of a prospect.

noob cake
03-30-2015, 08:23 PM
Wow..is an ACL injury really serious enough to drop him to 8th?

Nerlens tore his in college and is now looking like a stud.

I get the uncertainty that comes with the injury, but I don't think it's as bad as the uncertainty that comes with bust potential for 7 picks. Especially Porzingis, Winslow, and Hezonja. I don't think any of those 3 are nearly that good.

Yes, I need to see him back. I am the biggest Jabari homer, but I need to see a near 100% recovery before I pick an injured player over an uninjured one.

Top Gun
03-30-2015, 08:24 PM
JP for me. He was getting his without really being fed the ball by a pure PG, if he ups his FGA he could be a 20 PPG scorer easily.

noob cake
03-30-2015, 08:26 PM
JP for me. He was getting his without really being fed the ball by a pure PG, if he ups his FGA he could be a 20 PPG scorer easily.

And he was doing it fairly efficient at solid PER with Knight shock jacking and ignoring him (and everyone) for the first 25 games.

With a pure PG like Rubio, he would put up much better stats.

Milbuck
03-30-2015, 08:27 PM
Yes, I need to see him back. I am the biggest Jabari homer, but I need to see a near 100% recovery before I pick an injured player over an uninjured one.
Fair enough. So you have a guaranteed fully recovered Jabari #3? Why under Okafor?

JohnFreeman
03-30-2015, 08:28 PM
Jabari is a top 50 player all time.

noob cake
03-30-2015, 08:29 PM
Fair enough. So you have a guaranteed fully recovered Jabari #3? Why under Okafor?

Because Okafor has the best post game we've seen since Yao Ming. It can be argued that he has a better arsenal of moves, but not necessarily better effectiveness, since Yao was a 7'6" 300lb giant.

Defense is 80% effort. Okafor's defense in the tourney has been solid. His backcourt in Cook and Jones are defensive sieves.

While Towns has far superior anticipation for blocks and better defensive fundamentals right now, Okafor has better defensive tools. He has a better base/core, better fluidity/nimbleness/foot work, better reach and wingspan than Towns.

Im Still Ballin
03-30-2015, 08:30 PM
How is it fair to compare an uninjured player to a healthy one?

It doesn't make sense

That's why you don't factor in the injury

A healthy Jabari goes #1

He was dropping okafor numbers from the perimeter

NugzFan
03-30-2015, 08:32 PM
Easily this years #1

Sportal
03-30-2015, 08:34 PM
I feel that Towns is a huge talent.. He could be the head of incoming big players and change/balance the NBA's perimeter heavy superstar era. He can't do it alone but with Embiid, Okafor, Maker, Gobert etc. things could look very different 5 years from now.

Personally I'm not sure about the original question. Would have liked to have seen how Parker played at this time of the season. Towns should be very good though.

beastee
03-30-2015, 08:38 PM
I'll take the 7 footer. Jabari will be good...but size is too valuable.

Im so nba'd out
03-30-2015, 08:42 PM
#1 pick #2 pick #3 pick #4 pick #5 pick #6 pick #7 pick #8 pick #9 pick #10 pick... any of these will turn out better than parker

Sarcastic
03-30-2015, 08:56 PM
As the saying goes, "you can't teach height". He'd be in the 3-5 range, after Okafor and Towns. Teams don't pass up on big men, unless there is an injury history, or there is a generational type of talent (Lebron James) in the draft.

SwishSquared
03-30-2015, 09:38 PM
Even if Jabari were fully healthy, I think I'd take this year's #1. Trade down, then take Towns. I think KAT's 2-way potential trumps Jabari's offensive superstar potential. I'm unsure just how far down I'd push Jabari, but my guess is below Okafor and above Mudiay/Russel/Winslow tier.

Especially Porzingis, Winslow, and Hezonja. I don't think any of those 3 are nearly that good.
Regarding Kristaps, Winslow, and Hezonja though, I think the last 2 will be really, really good players. They need to be on the right team, though. Thankfully, Jabari appears to be in the right organization. Winslow looks to be in much better shape and has way more defensive upside than JP had at Duke. His shooting has trended upward for 17 games (was meh for 20, though, but SSST in either case). Hezonja has gone off in Spain this season for some scoring outbursts, though he arguably isn't in a great situation for PT. Maybe the gap isn't a gulf between them, but Mario's a pretty good prospect still imo. Jabari easily > than Porzingis in a draft though.

LosBulls
03-30-2015, 10:18 PM
I feel that Towns is a huge talent.. He could be the head of incoming big players and change/balance the NBA's perimeter heavy superstar era. He can't do it alone but with Embiid, Okafor, Maker, Gobert etc. things could look very different 5 years from now.

Personally I'm not sure about the original question. Would have liked to have seen how Parker played at this time of the season. Towns should be very good though.
DeMarcus Cousins and Nikola Vucevic also.

LoneyROY7
03-30-2015, 10:41 PM
Give me Towns. I have a feeling he's gonna be a franchise big man.

Human Error
03-30-2015, 10:51 PM
Towns, Okafor, Russell and Mudiay are all better prospects than Jabari Parker.

Cocaine80s
03-30-2015, 10:59 PM
Towns, Okafor, Russell and Mudiay are all better prospects than Jabari Parker.
This. Jabari might not even go top 5 in this years draft.

Id put Winslow over him too

imdaman99
03-30-2015, 11:00 PM
This year's picks :banana:

Milbuck
03-30-2015, 11:05 PM
This. Jabari might not even go top 5 in this years draft.

Id put Winslow over him too
Lmfao.

Jabari put up Okafor's numbers as a wing playing damn near every position, and Justise Winslow is a better prospect.

OK.

Smook A.
03-30-2015, 11:50 PM
I'd take the #1 pick, no question. I like Jabari, and he has a bright future but Karl-Anthony Towns and Jahlil Okafor have too much talent and size to pass up on. You always take the big with size and amazing potential before you take the scoring SF/SG/PG. Milbuck is just being a homer. I know for a fact that this phony would choose the #1 pick of this years draft over Jabari Parker if he wasn't a Bucks fan.

*cough cough* In before a stupid Rockets joke *cough cough*

iggy>
03-30-2015, 11:51 PM
Mudiay >>>>>