PDA

View Full Version : Why was Demarcus Cousins picked 5th?

iamgine
03-31-2015, 11:18 AM
As far as I can tell he had much better college stats than everyone picked before him.

BlakFrankWhite
03-31-2015, 11:22 AM
Attitude methinks

RightToCensor
03-31-2015, 11:22 AM
Attitude.

Imagine if Washington drafted him with Arenas, Young, and McGee.

tanks1
03-31-2015, 11:37 AM
Because Doug Collins is a nut case......................Evan Turner..........

NBAplayoffs2001
03-31-2015, 11:41 AM
Because Doug Collins is a nut case......................Evan Turner..........

Having talked to a lot of Sixers fans. They wanted Derrick Favors or D Cousins. Whoever drafted Turner doesn't really understand he is pretty much Iggy with no athleticism and a player coming off a serious injury. Doesn't even merit a top 10 pick in my book. I don't care if he was a great college player

I<3NBA
03-31-2015, 11:51 AM
all 4 teams before the 5th to pick were afraid of his attitude.

ralph_i_el
03-31-2015, 11:59 AM
Because they were afraid he'd get arrested. Wall was also a consensus 1st pick that year.

UK2K
03-31-2015, 12:00 PM
all 4 teams before the 5th to pick were afraid of his attitude.
This.

Were such a pussified culture now that guys who show emotion on the court are avoided.

I wish Dwight would get in someone's face. Its cool to be friends and all, but on the court, I'd dunk on my best friend and rub my nuts in face for good measure to remind him that on the hard wood, I'm the ****ing man.

UK2K
03-31-2015, 12:00 PM
Because they were afraid he'd get arrested. Wall was also a consensus 1st pick that year.
Which is ironic because wall had a B&E charge the summer before he came to UK.

RightToCensor
03-31-2015, 12:02 PM
I agree partly. The thing that hurts Cousins is that he's uncoachable. He's been through a million coaches and point guards and has yet to make the playoffs.

AboutBuckets
03-31-2015, 12:04 PM
I agree partly. The thing that hurts Cousins is that he's uncoachable. He's been through a million coaches and point guards and has yet to make the playoffs.

To his merit, he's played with a bunch of trash PGs who wouldn't start on a lot of other teams

ralph_i_el
03-31-2015, 12:11 PM
Which is ironic because wall had a B&E charge the summer before he came to UK.

Doesn't mean he has a bad attitude. Look into Wall's childhood. It is ****ED UP. Wall has had a much better attitude than Cousins, in just as bad of a team situation.

el gringos
03-31-2015, 12:14 PM
90 some percent of ISH had turner and favors ahead of cousins too. Prob over 95%

AkronAngel
03-31-2015, 12:19 PM
Attitude.

Prime_Shaq
03-31-2015, 12:59 PM
Was raw and immature. Glad to see he turned out well though :applause:

Nowitness
03-31-2015, 01:22 PM
Because stats aren't everything :confusedshrug:

Also, 5 players in the top 10 of that years draft will make the playoffs this year;

Cousins won't be one of them :lol :lol :lol

RightToCensor
03-31-2015, 01:23 PM

Also, 5 players in the top 10 of that years draft will make the playoffs this year;

Rekt

RonSwanson
03-31-2015, 04:06 PM
Was raw and immature. Glad to see he turned out well though :applause:

Raw? :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Cousins had the post moves of a 10 year vet in college. You're fvcking retarded

L.A.Showtime
03-31-2015, 04:10 PM
I heard attitude as well.

Milbuck
03-31-2015, 04:10 PM
No he's not. He was doing great with Malone, until dumbass management got rid of him. The Kings going through a bunch of coaches and point guards is mostly because their retarded front office and ownership keep putting trash pieces around him that need to be replaced, or inexplicably getting rid of good pieces when they finally get them. Next year if they don't get it together under G Karl, then this argument has meaning.

Milbuck
03-31-2015, 04:15 PM

Here's a stat worth considering:

The Kings are 2-14 this year without Cousins, and were 0-11 without him last year. Over the past 2 seasons they're 50-76 with him, 2-25 without him.

So to put it in perspective...in the past 2 seasons, with him they're winning at a 33 win pace, which would put them at the tail end of the EC playoff race. Without him they're winning at a 6 win pace, which would be literally the worst record in NBA history.

ralph_i_el
03-31-2015, 04:26 PM
Here's a stat worth considering:

The Kings are 2-14 this year without Cousins, and were 0-11 without him last year. Over the past 2 seasons they're 50-76 with him, 2-25 without him.

So to put it in perspective...in the past 2 seasons, with him they're winning at a 33 win pace, which would put them at the tail end of the EC playoff race. Without him they're winning at a 6 win pace, which would be literally the worst record in NBA history.

So....about as bad as the Wiz were without Wall?

Milbuck
03-31-2015, 04:29 PM
So....about as bad as the Wiz were without Wall?
Sure. Wall is easily my favorite PG in the East outside of a top-form Rose. And no one questions his impact. I just wish people would give Cousins' ability/impact similar recognition, try to be more objective when talking about him, go beyond the generic "attitude problems, never made playoffs" stuff.

Levity
03-31-2015, 04:42 PM
I just wish people would give Cousins' ability/impact similar recognition, try to be more objective when talking about him, go beyond the generic "attitude problems, never made playoffs" stuff.

and sadly, thats because most people prefer that TMZ style reporting.

ILLsmak
03-31-2015, 04:45 PM
90 some percent of ISH had turner and favors ahead of cousins too. Prob over 95%

Et is my dude cuz I hate seeing guys get shit on who aren't scrubs... but I thought cuz was the second at least. No way im picking anyone second other than him.u can source it if u want.

-Smak

ralph_i_el
03-31-2015, 04:56 PM
Sure. Wall is easily my favorite PG in the East outside of a top-form Rose. And no one questions his impact. I just wish people would give Cousins' ability/impact similar recognition, try to be more objective when talking about him, go beyond the generic "attitude problems, never made playoffs" stuff.

Gotcha.
I recognize how good Cousins is. I'd love him on the Wiz.

However, I can see how his attitude could alienate teammates and not be conducive to winning against smart, veteren teams.

Im Still Ballin
03-31-2015, 06:25 PM
Give Karl an off-season to work with the Kings