PDA

View Full Version : Durant wants to retire in OKC, "I love it here man, I love the city"

Budadiiii
04-01-2015, 12:38 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12596449/kevin-durant-says-love-stick-oklahoma-city-thunder-whole-career

He'll retire in Oklahoma as a top 3 all-time player.

Im so nba'd out
04-01-2015, 12:40 AM
going from pg county 80% black to oklahoma city 99.999% white....yeah i call bs he will be back in the dmv by this time next year...FACT

BigBoss
04-01-2015, 12:42 AM
Hes signed to Roc Nation. He's going to a big market team if his career isn't over due to injuries. Westbrook will sign with his hometown Lakers. Sucks for op the dream is dead.

navy
04-01-2015, 12:44 AM
Next Tmac

dazzer87
04-01-2015, 12:47 AM
Boring ass player = boring ass town....:applause: perfect match....

Cocaine80s
04-01-2015, 12:58 AM
And he will within the next year

bdreason
04-01-2015, 01:03 AM
:blah :blah :blah

Sign on the dotted line then. He's gonna get this question after every game next season.

Fudge
04-01-2015, 01:09 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana:

OKC stays winning.

WE stay winning.

Eat shit, Washington.

AirTupac
04-01-2015, 01:28 AM
Inb4 he bolts

Mr. Jabbar
04-01-2015, 01:31 AM
http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr275/realestballer/lebroncrying.jpg

bigkingsfan
04-01-2015, 01:40 AM
Career ending surgery.

BlazerRed
04-01-2015, 01:51 AM
Career ending surgery.
^ Career ****** :lebronamazed:

retaxis
04-01-2015, 05:28 AM
Durant takes max and puts up 16ppg on 42% efficiency for rest of his career. Durant fans believe it, don't do urself like the rose fans did. It's just gonna be more heart ache. I suspect Durant will come back next year and hurt himself within the first 30 games and out the rest of the season again

Quickening
04-01-2015, 05:34 AM
And he will within the next year

This

ImKobe
04-01-2015, 05:34 AM
Durant takes max and puts up 16ppg on 42% efficiency for rest of his career. Durant fans believe it, don't do urself like the rose fans did. It's just gonna be more heart ache. I suspect Durant will come back next year and hurt himself within the first 30 games and out the rest of the season again

This is a bit extreme, but there's a real concern with his health moving forward considering how this year went for him. Foot problems don't just go away, especially for guys as tall as KD. That being said, he's far from done, but this will affect his game a little bit. I'm not expecting a 30+ ppg/7+ rpg/5+ rpg guy we saw last year, but he will still put up 25-29 a game on elite efficiency with 5 assists a game, which is still a top 3-5 player in the league.

Budadiiii
04-01-2015, 05:39 AM
:roll:

No. KD is a completely different person, and a MUCH better player.

Obviously there's a chance the injury lingers and ruins his career. But to assume he'll drop 16 on 42% while he's out there? ****ing ridiculously stupid. Just this year he averaged 25/6/4 on great efficiency. Higher PER than LeBron. And that was on a not yet healed foot and a screw rubbing against his bone.

Durant will never shoot 42% no matter what. As long as he's out there and playing at least 25 mpg, he's guaranteed 20 points on AT LEAST 47%.

retaxis
04-01-2015, 05:41 AM
This is a bit extreme, but there's a real concern with his health moving forward considering how this year went for him. Foot problems don't just go away, especially for guys as tall as KD. That being said, he's far from done, but this will affect his game a little bit. I'm not expecting a 30+ ppg/7+ rpg/5+ rpg guy we saw last year, but he will still put up 25-29 a game on elite efficiency with 5 assists a game, which is still a top 3-5 player in the league.
Doubt he will remain healthy. I knew Kobe wasn't gonna last the whole season this year at the pace he was going. Rose didn't last the season. Durant didn't last a season. Rose injury wasn't even foot injury and the last time he lasted a whole season was 2010-2011. Durant is much older and taller than rose was then with a more serious injury. I don't think he will play a whole season out but that's not to say he won't come out in the first 30 games shooting lights out. What's amazing about lebron besides everything else is his endurance. I don't think he has haas one serious injury yet

BlakFrankWhite
04-01-2015, 05:43 AM
I've heard that...before the injury...OKC were preparing to offer 200 million...5 year contract...which would be the biggest contract in nba history.

Dunno,what the situation is after the injury

Eric Cartman
04-01-2015, 05:43 AM
Durant thinking about retirement.

Budadiiii
04-01-2015, 05:44 AM
Doubt he will remain healthy. I knew Kobe wasn't gonna last the whole season this year at the pace he was going. Rose didn't last the season. Durant didn't last a season. Rose injury wasn't even foot injury and the last time he lasted a whole season was 2010-2011. Durant is much older and taller than rose was then with a more serious injury. I don't think he will play a whole season out but that's not to say he won't come out in the first 30 games shooting lights out. What's amazing about lebron besides everything else is his endurance. I don't think he has haas one serious injury yet
Yes, LeBron's durability is impressive. But when you're hocked up on all sorts of performance enhancing drugs and play not to get injured, it's hard to be TOO impressed.

Budadiiii
04-01-2015, 05:48 AM
I've heard that...before the injury...OKC were preparing to offer 200 million...5 year contract...which would be the biggest contract in nba history.

Dunno,what the situation is after the injury
:eek:

Where'd you hear that? 40 mil a year?

BlakFrankWhite
04-01-2015, 06:00 AM
Thunder officials understand there are no guarantees with Durant. They know they can offer the most money — several executives believe a max deal for Durant in the new TV revenue-infused market in 2016 could be worth in the neighborhood of $200 million over five years — and they believe Durant likes playing in Oklahoma City.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/30/could-kevin-durants-next-contract-top-200-million/

ShawkFactory
04-01-2015, 06:02 AM
LOL why would he say he wants to leave?

Not thread worthy.

NZStreetBaller
04-01-2015, 06:02 AM
Durant is a goddam nba player.... who cares where u live as an nba player you spend half the year travelling all over america. And for the rest you've got so much money you can go whereever u dam want.

Budadiiii
04-01-2015, 06:05 AM
LOL why would he say he wants to leave?

Not thread worthy.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372112

Here's a thread for you.

ShawkFactory
04-01-2015, 06:15 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372112

Here's a thread for you.
:sleeping

ImKobe
04-01-2015, 06:50 AM
Yes, LeBron's durability is impressive. But when you're hocked up on all sorts of performance enhancing drugs and play not to get injured, it's hard to be TOO impressed.

Yeah, like drugs are the reason he's not sustained a major injury :facepalm

If it was that easy to avoid injuries, league would demand every player to do the same so that they could have all these guys healthy to make more money, but that would make too much sense, right?

Lebron just has the perfect body. Guys that had huge growth spurts are more prone to leg injuries. I suggest you listen to Doug Collins speak on this issue on the Grantland Channel if you still haven't.

r15mohd
04-01-2015, 08:51 AM

how are you "playing not to get injured" when he's logged some of the highest minutes in the league over the years, not to mention a constant rim attacker?

doesn't make much sense, does it? :rolleyes:

poido123
04-01-2015, 08:55 AM
He wants to stay, but the incompetence of the front office will scare him away.

Brooks firing would be a good start.

Bulls could use him :pimp:

RightTwoCensor
04-01-2015, 09:50 AM
Nice April Fool's Joke

Fudge
04-01-2015, 11:35 AM
MVP next year.

Wins the championship.

Wins FMVP.

Put's his signature on the dotted line in the summer and breaks millions of hearts.

:lol

Prepare yourselves, bitches.

StephHamann
04-01-2015, 11:57 AM
Career ending surgery.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

Budadiiii
04-01-2015, 01:02 PM
Yeah, like drugs are the reason he's not sustained a major injury :facepalm

If it was that easy to avoid injuries, league would demand every player to do the same so that they could have all these guys healthy to make more money, but that would make too much sense, right?

Lebron just has the perfect body. Guys that had huge growth spurts are more prone to leg injuries. I suggest you listen to Doug Collins speak on this issue on the Grantland Channel if you still haven't.
Drugs help him recover much faster from minor injuries, which in turn lessens the likelihood of him suffering a major injury.

If KD was on HGH, his foot injury never happens, or he heals much quicker from it. Obviously being a natural athlete puts KD at a disadvantage which is part of the reason he has recovered so slowly.

Budadiiii
04-01-2015, 01:06 PM
how are you "playing not to get injured" when he's logged some of the highest minutes in the league over the years, not to mention a constant rim attacker?

doesn't make much sense, does it? :rolleyes:
Empty minutes.

He's a passive opportunist. Plays not to get injured; he lets others do the dirty work.

I know LeBron inside and out, stop with the bullshit.

YouGotServed
04-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Thread is comedic gold.

ralph_i_el
04-01-2015, 01:20 PM
April fools!

beastee
04-01-2015, 01:23 PM
He'll retire in Oklahoma as a top 3 all-time player.
He needs at least 3 chips to be top 3 all time...that is gonna be tough at this point.

MiseryCityTexas
04-01-2015, 01:25 PM
He probably loves playing in OKC because he can get away with a lot more shit off the court than he can in a bigger city like New York or LA.

Prometheus
04-01-2015, 01:29 PM
Budadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this board