PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin Not Happy With Staples Center Atmosphere

LALakerFan4Life
04-01-2015, 07:13 PM
Griffin addressed the fact vocal Warriors supporters were heard loud and clear at the Staples Center:

Blake Griffin: "Homecourt advantage is just not there for us. If that's how it feels in the playoffs, it's not looking good." #Clippers

"I don't know what we could do, but it would be great if it wasn't that way," Griffin added. "It's kind of like when we play the Lakers. I don't know, maybe worse. It's one of those things where it would be great if it wasn't like that."

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/735178

navy
04-01-2015, 07:14 PM
Clippers have few fans. But if they start winning in the playoffs they will show up.

DavisWarriorsFan
04-01-2015, 07:20 PM
Clippers have few fans. But if they start winning in the playoffs they will show up.
There are more Warriors fans in LA than Clippers fans. It's funny. :oldlol:

navy
04-01-2015, 07:22 PM
The Clippers have always been an anomaly. Warriors fans are usually from outside the area, but why would anyone be a Clippers fan when the Lakers play in the same building? Just reality. If the Clippers retain success and the Lakers maintain medicority then Im sure it will change. However unlikely/.likely that is.

Crown&Coke
04-01-2015, 07:23 PM
So much for the Clippers taking over LA

LOB CITY STAND UP, all four of you

Thechosen1
04-01-2015, 07:24 PM
they should move the team

Beastmode88
04-01-2015, 07:25 PM
la will always be a laker town. lakers just have way too many accomplishments. inc seattle move.

bballnoob1192
04-01-2015, 07:28 PM
no clue why the advent of new ownership did not include a GTFO of LA deal. Nobody cares about the clippers in LA and SoCal in general. Also stop sucking in playoffs if you want some fans blake and cp3. At least make it to the conference finals come on.

DavisWarriorsFan
04-01-2015, 07:29 PM
The Clippers have always been an anomaly. Warriors fans are usually from outside the area, but why would anyone be a Clippers fan when the Lakers play in the same building? Just reality. If the Clippers retain success and the Lakers maintain medicority then Im sure it will change. However unlikely/.likely that is.
Same building or not. It's the same when they were playing in Anaheim and at other arena in LA before moving to Anaheim.

Akrazotile
04-01-2015, 07:30 PM
no clue why the advent of new ownership did not include a GTFO of LA deal. Nobody cares about the clippers in LA and SoCal in general. Also stop sucking in playoffs if you want some fans blake and cp3. At least make it to the conference finals come on.

Because most Laker fans watch the Clippers on TV if the Lakers arent playing.

$$$$$$$

MP.Trey
04-01-2015, 07:33 PM
Just move the Clippers to Seattle already.

NugzFan
04-01-2015, 07:34 PM

Where were they the last 10-15 years?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-01-2015, 07:36 PM
What does he expect with 3 California teams? The niners, raiders, chargers h2h games are literally the same way.

Blake sounds salty from that L yesterday. I totally understand, but don't take it out on the fans. :facepalm

Crown&Coke
04-01-2015, 07:37 PM
What does he expect with 3 Californian teams? The niners, raiders, chargers h2h games are literally the same way.

Blake sounds salty from that L yesterday. I get that, but don't take it out on the fans. :facepalm

It aint the first time he brought it up, it aint salt

ABfor3
04-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Just move the Clippers to Seattle already.
This. Ballmer has ties with Seattle because of Microsoft. Never understood the purpose of having two teams in the same city anyways :confusedshrug:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-01-2015, 07:42 PM
It aint the first time he brought it up, it aint salt
It's a silly complaint.

Someone get him a bib.

hawksdogsbraves
04-01-2015, 07:45 PM
This. Ballmer has ties with Seattle because of Microsoft. Never understood the purpose of having two teams in the same city anyways :confusedshrug:

LA definitely has room for two teams, the Clips have great attendance and tv ratings. That's evidenced by the fact that they sold for so much money.

Problem is any real bball fan from LA is going to be a Lakers fan, nothing short of stringing together some championships will change that.

Spurs m8
04-01-2015, 07:47 PM
but why would anyone be a Clippers fan when the Lakers play in the same building? Just reality

:biggums:

Also, remember the Warriors bandwagon is rolling at the moment....

Crown&Coke
04-01-2015, 07:50 PM
It's a silly complaint.

Someone get him a bib.

They were chanting MVP for Curry at the line. That's kind of a big deal. They needed the win, and the crowd is chanting for the away team. Teams fight for home court advantage

DetroitPistonFan
04-01-2015, 08:04 PM
Clippers have fans?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-01-2015, 08:19 PM
They were chanting MVP for Curry at the line. That's kind of a big deal. They needed the win, and the crowd is chanting for the away team. Teams fight for home court advantage
Not really, given Curry's play and large diverse LA fanbase (particularly Cali). I watched the game last night; they had lots of Warrior fans at the game, but it was nowhere near split. lol.

In the regular season, against in-state rivals, this is to be expected though. Playoffs are a different animal. ISHer 'chazzy' went to one of their postseason games @ Staples last year (vs GS); there were hardly any Warriors fans, and the ones who attended, were basically muted by the LA diehards.

Like I said.. go to a Chargers/Raiders/Niners game in the regular season when 2 of the 3 go h2h. It's the same thing.

COnDEMnED
04-01-2015, 08:49 PM
LA definitely has room for two teams, the Clips have great attendance and tv ratings. That's evidenced by the fact that they sold for so much money.

Problem is any real bball fan from LA is going to be a Lakers fan, nothing short of stringing together 18 championships will change that.
fixed

Brokenbeat
04-01-2015, 09:01 PM
So much for the Clippers taking over LA

LOB CITY STAND UP, all four of you

:roll:

DirkLegend41
04-01-2015, 10:04 PM
The sorry Lakers ratings are still nearly double the Clippers. 1.95 to 1.10. Clippers still can't beat the Lakers while they're down.

magictricked
04-01-2015, 10:09 PM
The Clippers will never be truly relevant in LA and if an NFL team moves here you can push them down another spot down the list below the Lakers Kings Dodgers USC and Angels

They should move at bare minimum to Anaheim

DirkLegend41
04-01-2015, 10:16 PM
The Clippers will never be truly relevant in LA and if an NFL team moves here you can push them down another spot down the list below the Lakers Kings Dodgers USC and Angels

They should move at bare minimum to Anaheim
Why move to Anaheim when it's gonna be the same thing?

Lebron23
04-02-2015, 12:33 AM
Seattle Clippers.

bdreason
04-02-2015, 02:18 AM
Everyone likes the Warriors these days.... everyone. It's annoying. My friend is a Clippers fan, and his favorite player is Steph Curry. He went to the game last night, and all he could talk about today was Steph Curry.

Bobcats2013
04-02-2015, 02:25 AM
LA doesn't wanna be represented by a bunch of flopping mental midgets phuck boys

Warriors and Lakers along with the fan bases got mutual respect for one another.

bdreason
04-02-2015, 02:26 AM
Why move to Anaheim when it's gonna be the same thing?

They could possibly build a more loyal, localized fan base. There is a huge difference between driving to Honda Center / Angels Stadium to watch a game and driving to Staples Center to watch a game.

I love NBA Basketball, but driving to a typical 7:30pm game at Staples Center is a headache. Conversely, if there were an NBA team at the Honda Center, any NBA team... I would have season tickets and would probably attend a game a week.

ImKobe
04-02-2015, 02:31 AM
Clippers need to move out of town

This is the last season that they will have a better record than us, I'm calling it now.

navy
04-02-2015, 02:40 AM
Clippers need to move out of town

This is the last season that they will have a better record than us, I'm calling it now.
Delusional. The Clippers are good for another 50+ win season for a few years.

Lakers will be lucky to hit .500

iamgine
04-02-2015, 02:48 AM
Everyone likes the Warriors these days.... everyone. It's annoying. My friend is a Clippers fan, and his favorite player is Steph Curry. He went to the game last night, and all he could talk about today was Steph Curry.
I can see why. GSW seems to be representing everything that's right about the game. They play very entertaining, team-oriented basketball. They are winning. They have fun, good attitude and atmosphere around them. Their players/coach are very likable. It's like there's no flaw to this team.

ImKobe
04-02-2015, 02:54 AM
Delusional. The Clippers are good for another 50+ win season for a few years.

Lakers will be lucky to hit .500

future all-star PG in Clarkson, who's being paid peanuts
Randle gonna be a stud
hopefully keep the pick
Young off the bench
Kobe gonna be back

+ cap space to sign either Love or Gasol or some other quality players

:pimp:

navy
04-02-2015, 02:58 AM
Randle gonna be a stud
hopefully keep the pick
Young off the bench
Kobe gonna be back

lol bunch of young ass players and washed up Kobe. Maybe a max player. :yaohappy:

You just described a lottery team. Just too delusional to realize it. Doesnt mean that they wont be championship caliber in a few years.

Bigsmoke
04-02-2015, 03:05 AM
:

:biggums: it was just 5 years ago when everybody was cheering for the Lakers when they were playing the Warriors in Oracle Arena

http://youtu.be/CEyT5xfwjdA

ImKobe
04-02-2015, 03:08 AM
lol bunch of young ass players and washed up Kobe. Maybe a max player. :yaohappy:

You just described a lottery team. Just too delusional to realize it. Doesnt mean that they wont be championship caliber in a few years.

Just watch, Lakers gonna get some legit size in the front court this off-season and round the roster out and with a healthy Kobe, they are going to win 50+ next year. I would be concerned if he went down with another leg injury, but that's not the case here. He played on a torn rotator cuff all season, he's gonna be better next year.

Bigsmoke
04-02-2015, 03:12 AM
Randle gonna be a stud
hopefully keep the pick
Young off the bench
Kobe gonna be back

Laker fans still think Kobe can play all 82 games.
:wtf:

He is basically an injury prone version Michael Jordan when he was playing for the Wizards

theaussieguy
04-02-2015, 03:16 AM
move the clippers to the MOON THEN MAYBE GRIFFIN CAN START DUNKING ON FOOLS AGAIN HAHAHAHAHHAHA

Bigsmoke
04-02-2015, 03:16 AM
Just watch, Lakers gonna get some legit size in the front court this off-season and round the roster out and with a healthy Kobe, they are going to win 50+ next year. I would be concerned if he went down with another leg injury, but that's not the case here. He played on a torn rotator cuff all season, he's gonna be better next year.

Kobe is more of the problem than the solution. He is declining and is eating up all the salary cap. Its funny that he was getting at Shaq for not willing to take a pay cut 11 years ago

TheCalmInsanity
04-02-2015, 04:19 PM

The Clippers actually have a lot of fans. Loyal ones at that. Don't represent the fan base by who is at the arena- remember, most of us true Clippers fans became fans when ticket prices were $5.

Nosebleeds for the Clippers Warriors game were $150. I used to buy lower bowl tickets for $10.. times have changed, and the prices we were used to have gone way up.

This is the fault of the"ticket flippers" that just sell their tickets to anyone to make a profit. Those guys areally selling their tickets to fans of the other team.

DavisWarriorsFan
04-02-2015, 04:43 PM
:

:biggums: it was just 5 years ago when everybody was cheering for the Lakers when they were playing the Warriors in Oracle Arena

http://youtu.be/CEyT5xfwjdA
5 years ago? They've been cheering for the Lakers since the 80's. They are a lot of Laker fans in Northern California. A lot more than Warriors and Kings fans combined. :facepalm

Springsteen
04-02-2015, 04:45 PM

Come on dude, you can't seriously believe this team is 50+ win worthy, let alone playoff worthy in one season of offseason retooling. The era of Kobe is over.